Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje (2921 Views)

Why Jk Is Not Ok: My Case Against Jimi Agbaje / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2015
The presidential and Federal parliamentary elections have come and gone and the winners known. But the gubernatorial and state paliamentary elections comes up on April 11. Jimi Agbaje of the PDP will be contesting against Akinwunmi Ambode in Lagos and even though a lot of people think he will win, feelers from the Lagos PDP itself has shown that they are not even confident of him winning because

1. Obanikoro has lost interest in all these. He was supporting Agbaje cos he felt that GEJ will win and he keeps a ministerial post. With GEJ going out, what's the point? Agbaje need Obanikoro's political structure but Obanikoro ain't ready to spend money to get it running as he gains nothing.

2. The OPC and Afenifere as you now know are as useless as a voter without a voter's card. They are even more useless than that as a voter without a PVC can convince folks (online or offline) but no one wants to hear them speak.

3. Bode George (Boy George) has no reason to be involved in this election. Nothing to gain from a state. He will likely use the funds with him as "Retirement bonus"

4. Segun Adewale (Aeroland) has spent almost as much as Agbaje and he still lost. He is licking his wounds right now as he had sold off his houses in Aguda to finance his senatorial bid. He lost, he ain't supporting no one.

5. Alimosho is the local government with the highest number of votes...then Lagos Island then Surulere. These three are APC places. Alimosho gave Buhari +88,000 votes against GEJ's +44,000. The PDP can't win there. They can't win Lagos Island as HRH Oba Rilwan Akinolu prefers Ambode.

5. The market women all over Lagos are headed by Tinubu's daughter. Forget that side

6. A huge majority of Lagosians are happy with Fashola and what he has done. They are also happy with the APC even though you love to deny it.

7. With GMB winning the presidential polls, politicians are drawing their allegiance and they want to move and before then, they will want to show the APC that they are worth it so they will work extra hard.

8. Lagosians want to see a Lagos where Abuja and Alausa are on the same platform

9. The campaign of Ambode has just started. With massive plans coming up before the elections, they intend to leave no stones unturned and campaign harder in places where the APC lost in the Presidential.

11. JK is not OK. He is Just Kidding. (I had to throw that in

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by okotv(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:
The presidential and Federal parliamentary elections have come and gone and the winners known. But the gubernatorial and state paliamentary elections comes up on April 11. Jimi Agbaje of the PDP will be contesting against Akinwunmi Ambode in Lagos and even though a lot of people think he will win, feelers from the Lagos PDP itself has shown that they are not even confident of him winning because

1. Obanikoro has lost interest in all these. He was supporting Agbaje cos he felt that GEJ will win and he keeps a ministerial post. With GEJ going out, what's the point? Agbaje need Obanikoro's political structure but Obanikoro ain't ready to spend money to get it running as he gains nothing.

2. The OPC and Afenifere as you now know are as useless as a voter without a voter's card. They are even more useless than that as a voter without a PVC can convince folks (online or offline) but no one wants to hear them speak.

3. Bode George (Boy George) has no reason to be involved in this election. Nothing to gain from a state. He will likely use the funds with him as "Retirement bonus"

4. Segun Adewale (Aeroland) has spent almost as much as Agbaje and he still lost. He is licking his wounds right now as he had sold off his houses in Aguda to finance his senatorial bid. He lost, he ain't supporting no one.

5. Alimosho is the local government with the highest number of votes...then Lagos Island then Surulere. These three are APC places. Alimosho gave Buhari +88,000 votes against GEJ's +44,000. The PDP can't win there. They can't win Lagos Island as HRH Oba Rilwan Akinolu prefers Ambode.

5. The market women all over Lagos are headed by Tinubu's daughter. Forget that side

6. A huge majority of Lagosians are happy with Fashola and what he has done. They are also happy with the APC even though you love to deny it.

7. With GMB winning the presidential polls, politicians are drawing their allegiance and they want to move and before then, they will want to show the APC that they are worth it so they will work extra hard.

8. Lagosians want to see a Lagos where Abuja and Alausa are on the same platform

9. The campaign of Ambode has just started. With massive plans coming up before the elections, they intend to leave no stones unturned and campaign harder in places where the APC lost in the Presidential.

11. JK is not OK. He is Just Kidding. (I had to throw that in
calm down Bro. Ambode will win but give PDP hope now especially supporters like barcanista.

8 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by akins56(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2015
Infact in oyo state presently, most of their mobilizers and supporters have gone on a compulsory retirement and political hiatus, they have lost their drive and passion, RIP to PDP !

3 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 8:09am On Apr 02, 2015
okotv:
calm down Bro. Ambode will win but give PDP hope now especially supporters like barcanista.
I love to tell people the truth straight up so another GEJ disaster does not happen

1 Like

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mologi(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2015
he should withdraw from the election now.

because he might B crushed....shior what concerns me
with lagos goverment...

sai...AMBODE

4 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Bright4(m): 8:11am On Apr 02, 2015
APC govt in Lagos survived while PDP in center, so it wil b a easy drive to experience greater development now dt APC hold center. No one wil love to vote for PDP in Lagos to avoid backwardness.

6 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Firefire(m): 8:12am On Apr 02, 2015
Mind game. Try more.

Power belongs only to God.

CHANGE is possible everywhere.

The people will decide.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by dridowu: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2015
We love Jimi But we Prefer Ambode as our governor in Lagos.
Lagos need continuity
Jimi Agbaje is just kidding but Lagos need serious minded people.
Vote Ambode
Vote APC
Vote Continuity

8 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Pinkiedearie(f): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Hmmmmm....
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 8:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Mologi:
he should withdraw from the election now.

because he might B crushed....shior what concerns me
with lagos goverment...

sai...AMBODE
He should not withdraw oooo

1 Like

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by beejayphako(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2015
Lol, well said. I see amode winning cos if GEJ had won, that would have helped Agbaje's bid.. goodluck to them both as lagos no be my state, am more concerned about Oyo and Kwara

3 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2015
Firefire:
Mind game. Try more.

Power belongs only to God.

CHANGE is possible everywhere.

The people will decide.
You know where you get it wrong? You only change when the status quo is a disaster.

The only change needed in Lagos is the alignment of Alausa and Aso rock.

3 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2015
beejayphako:
Lol, well said. I see amode winning cos if GEJ had won, that would have helped Agbaje's bid.. goodluck to them both as lagos no be my state, am more concerned about Oyo and Kwara
Kwara and Oyo are in the bag already na
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by okotv(m): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2015
Let me be emphatic on this one. Jimi Agbaje cannot win Lagos whether Jonathan won in Abuja. We just don't want PDP here or can't they get it ?

1 Like

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by agabusta: 8:30am On Apr 02, 2015
We need APC in Lagos now more than before! Fashola has consolidated the foundation earlier laid by Tinubu for a greater Lagos. Any Lagosian that has the interest of Lagos at heart should vote APC without qualms in the gubernatorial election. It will go a long away in helping Lagos.

Imagine Fashola as a Federal Minister and Ambode as the governor of Lagos. The kind of wonderful synergy this represents will be to the advantage of Lagosians.

Lagos has some very important developmental projects in the offing. APC at the centre will help drive these developmental projects to completion. And it will help everybody in Lagos!!

One of such important projects is the Lekki deep sea port. The FGN has been stalling this project, but with APC at the centre and Fashola in that govt, we can be rest assured that the Lekki deep sea port and Lekki airport including the much touted 4th Mainland bridge will come to manifestation.

Fashola has been the governor of Lagos for 8 years and he knows where the shoe pinches. Buhari as a person knows the important and critical role played by the Lagos cliches for his emergence as president. Infact his Vice President sef is a Lagosian. This will obviously give Lagos an advantage in getting their requests granted by the FGN. And having a Lagos APC govt will ensure this happens seamlessly.

We need APC in Lagos more than before!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Texcoco(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2015
That was what they said about Fayemi.....And we all saw what happened,Meanwhile enjoy this nugget from riogr 2012
First of all, let me state this: I am not a
card carrying member of pdp neither am i
a member of any political party. My
interest in Lagos politics is that I am a
Nigerian citizen based in Lagos who is
aware of Lagos political history. Now to
the subject at hand.
On the surface, many people would think
pdp is finished in Lagos due to the fact
that despite the effort of president jona
to win the state, he failed and also that
lahos since 1999 has always belonged to
apc (then AD) however a closef look at
what happened shows that as far as the
gubernatorial race is concerned, it can still
go either way for the following reasons:
1) The main reason president jona lost
was because of the under performance of
his administration. Nothong more nothing
less. If he had performed well, he would
have likely won lagos. Lagosians have
proven again that they are very intelligent
and are politically aware.
2) A closer look at the results shows that
the margin between apc and pdp is not
wide. Based on this, since the election
has been rated one of the best Nigeria
has ever had, it stands to reason that pdp
stands a good chance if only they put the
defeat behind them and work harder on
winning the forthcoming elections.
3) The number of those who voted is
quite low compared to the number of
people who collected PVCs wbich means
there are a lot of Lagosians who are
either undecided or are not motivated
enough to vote during the last elections.
If jimi can work on getting these people
to vote for him he would win this
election.
4) The truth is lot of people are getting
frustrated by Tinubu stranglehood on
alausa. The LCC debacle, the use of ABC
to continue to loot the treasury of lagos
and the fact that everyone knows that
Tinubu is trying to pay back Ambode for
his loyalty with the office of governor and
not that Ambode is competent on his own
right coupled with the fact that lagosians
are aware that Ambode wasn't even
fashola's choice, and fashola is highly
respected in lagos, makes lagosians more
sympathetic to Jimi than Ambode.
However Jimi has a onerous task of
converting sympathy into votes and what i
would sugest as a political observer is:
1) Articulate your plans cle"ing us
to read your manifesto is not enough. Let
us know in exact words what would make
you different from the current
administration.
2) Study the last elections and look at
areas where the turnout is low vis a vis
the number of PVCs collected and get
your message across to those people.
Like i said earlier, it was a lot of lagosians
are not motivated enough to vote so get
your ideas acriss to these people and
motivate them to vote for you.
Finally, it takes someone with balls to
press on but i think Jimi has got what it
takes to win. Eko o ni baje
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Firefire(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:

You know where you get it wrong? You only change when the status quo is a disaster.

The only change needed in Lagos is the alignment of Alausa and Aso rock.

Is okay.

Let see how it goes.
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Mynd44: 8:39am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
That was what they said about Fayemi.....And we all saw what happened,Meanwhile enjoy this nugget from rioger
That's what you people said about GEJ but here we are 15,426,921 votes later

4 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Tayeni(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2015
although i will like to see apc win in lagos, but i can see Nigeria going back to the dark days of being a one party state....i wanted PDP to lose some...but wouldnt want them to experience a drastic drop in fortune as they are bound to experience in the nearest future frm the look of things....i fear they wont be strong enough to keep APC on their toe and frm being complascent.

1 Like

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by NewNigeriaMind: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2015
Tayeni:
although i will like to see apc win in lagos, but i can see Nigeria going back to the dark days of being a one party state....i wanted PDP to lose some...but wouldnt want them to experience a drastic drop in fortune as they are bound to experience in the nearest future frm the look of things....i fear they wont be strong enough to keep APC on their toe and frm being complascent.

Apc came from a one state, one man vision-jagaban, pdp leads to be humbled completely. Let us see if there are any real politician in pdp that can resurrect it.

Lagos is APC already, even before the elections.

6 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Texcoco(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:

That's what you people said about GEJ but here we are 15,426,921 votes later
...Apples and Oranges, chap....Apples and Oranges. State election different from Presidential election.
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by demelza: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2015
Agbaje still has the support of the ibos who make up over 60% of the population.
These owners of Lagos will make sure they leave their businesses and mansions and come vote him into Alausa. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by suwailad(f): 9:09am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
...Apples and Oranges, chap....Apples and Oranges. State election different from Presidential election.

Lagos for Ambode is not a debate. we dont need to talk about it because Jimi knows he has no backing anymore
Remember Bode goerge has hinted on his exile, so who would vote a poster boy for an ex convict who wants to jettison the country?

Or would you rather vote Ambode of the Governing Party? and looking at the increasing popularity and relevance of Bola Tinubu?

Another thing you should note is the Igbo people are licking their wounds, they have failed to have a shot at the senate presidency, from speculations for now, so they will not want to make the same mistake by voting pdp and then loosing woefully which will leave them hanging and hopeless. 85% lagosians are voting APC, theres no long shot about it.

5 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Texcoco(m): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2015
suwailad:

Lagos for Ambode is not a debate. we dont need to talk about it because Jimi knows he has no backing anymore
Remember Bode goerge has hinted on his exile, so who would vote a poster boy for an ex convict who wants to jettison the country?

Or would you rather vote Ambode of the Governing Party? and looking at the increasing popularity and relevance of Bola Tinubu?

Another thing you should note is the Igbo people are licking their wounds, they have failed to have a shot at the senate presidency, from speculations for now, so they will not want to make the same mistake by voting pdp and then loosing woefully which will leave them hanging and hopeless. 85% lagosians are voting APC, theres no long shot about it.
You can stop blowing hot air in the guise of speaking for 10 million people who have been extorted to the very inch of their lives by thieffnubu's mafia.You thought Lagos would go landslide for APC,didnt you?After all the noisemaking, PDP lost by the narrowest of margins of all states lost to APC.Now,there is balance btw the the two yoruba men...Lagosians including Non-indigens and non-yorubas will make their choice.
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by suwailad(f): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
You can stop blowing hot air in the guise of speaking for 10 million people who have been extorted to the very inch of their lives by thieffnubu's mafia.You thought Lagos would go landslide for APC,didnt you?After all the noisemaking, PDP lost by the narrowest of margins of all states lost to APC.Now,there is balance btw the the two yoruba men...Lagosians including Non-indigens and non-yorubas will make their choice.

allright, i have quoted you. I just found another person i will remind of his cluelessness on the 12th!

2 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by NewNigeriaMind: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2015
demelza:
Agbaje still has the support of the ibos who make up over 60% of the population.
These owners of Lagos will make sure they leave their businesses and mansions and come vote him into Alausa. grin grin

I heard its actually 80 percent of lagos, and since pdp has delivered two house rep to them, I expect they will march out and choose for us grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by NewNigeriaMind: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:

The best non indigenes in Lagos can do for pdp has been done during the presidential elections. The greatest motivation to vote was Jonathan and he is gone, that is Lagos non indigenes at their best and Apc still won.

Come governorship election, with no money to throw about now that Abuja is gone, what do you think will happen.

In fact, the noise you all make on this forum about non indignene number in Lagos should end with this elections. we have seen the best you all can do and we still won. For the next millennia the governance of this state will be determined by the omo onile...the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by ki02020(m): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=demelza post=32264283]Agbaje still has the support of the ibos who make up over 60% of the population.
These owners of Lagos will make sure they leave their businesses and mansions and come vote him into Alausa. grin .....u funny die..1hy mock the self aclaim lagos landlords(the igbo) na
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by ibedun: 10:04am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:

Ichidodo, haba! Surely the time to step back and take stock is now - same goes for all omo-Igbos in Lagos. Though this election shows we are integrating despite the vernoms thrown around. Obviously, Lagos wont be Lagos without my dear nwanne people, but the time has come to change tact. The Igbos have voted themselves out of the affairs at the Federal level and it would be a tragedy if you maginalise yourself out of governance in the city you love enough to jettison your heritage and lineage in the east.

Cool down bro, the game is up.

Say "Sai Ambode" its not so difficult.

7 Likes

Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by Texcoco(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

The best non indigenes in Lagos can do for pdp has been done during the presidential elections. The greatest motivation to vote was Jonathan and he is gone, that is Lagos non indigenes at their best and Apc still won.

Come governorship election, with no money to throw about now that Abuja is gone, what do you think will happen.

In fact, the noise you all make on this forum about non indignene number in Lagos should end with this elections. we have seen the best you all can do and we still won. For the next millennia the governance of this state will be determined by the omo onile...the Yorubas.

It was better for APC Lagos had Jona won because those who swung/gave PDP federal seats filled by non yorubas won't have bothered with governorship as it happened in 2011.As it is now, APC will suffer the backlash off protest votes or let's say vicious votes from non-indegenes coupled with the split votes of the yorubaa btw the two men...the narrowest of margin this time around will swing to Jimi Agbaje.
Re: The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje by NewNigeriaMind: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
It was better for APC Lagos had Jona won because those who swung/gave PDP federal seats filled by non yorubas won't have bothered with governorship as it happened in 2011.As it is now, APC will suffer the backlash off protest votes or let's say vicious votes from non-indegenes coupled with the split votes of the yorubaa btw the two men...the narrowest of margin this time around will swing to Jimi Agbaje.

People vote when they are motivated to do so, did you read the press release form the pdp chieftain from Niger Delta who said while the Northerners spent their own money to make sure they vote, people in the south expect to be paid to vote. That is 1

Secondly, pdp won oshodi isolo and Amuwo Odofin mostly because they were able to buy votes, ask anyone in Lagos, pdp agents where giving out cash and even generator sets to cajole people into voting pdp. Apc agents were mostly conversing for votes.

Now the federal jona money is gone, in fact, Agbaje has been financing his campaign mostly from Jonathan funds allocated to Lagos.

Add the dissatisfaction of Obanikoro to it, Obanikoro is still bitter he was forced to step down for jimi, jimi is not having his support.

Finally, the reason Yorubas were going to vote pdp before was to align Lagos to the centre, now the centre has gone to apc.

Above all, TINUBU is now THE UNDISPUTED YORUBA LEADER, HIS INFLUENCE RIGHT NOW CAN ONLY BE IMMAGINED. Even Yorubas that were going to cast protest vote right now are having a rethink because the man has won their admiration. One thing the Yoruba people will never stop doing is giving respect and support to who deserves it. In Yoruba land, you don't buy respect you earn it. Obj till today does not have the respect of yorubas because he has not earned it.

In conclusion, except a miracle happens, AMBO is the next Lagos governor. APC is on a row and it is not about to stop now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo / Clarification On NON Essential Military Check Point Removal / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.