Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo (1851 Views)

Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo / Jonathan May Run For African Union Chairperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by mufc009(m): 6:37am On Jun 01, 2012
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the Congress for Political Change (CPC) at the 2011 elections, said today he may run again for President in 2015.

If he does, he will be doing so for a fourth time, and in every election since Nigeria’s return to a democratic system.

His statement came on a day in Abuja when Buhari’s character was acknowledged by former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, who described him as an “upright” man.  

Buhari had previously said he would not run again after 2011, but he indicated he might reconsider that position because of pressures from Nigerians and different groups.  

The CPC leader made the remarks at the headquarters of the Congress for Progressive Change in Abuja where he had gone to show solidarity to some troubled members of its National Executive Committee (NEC).  Only recently, the NEC was sacked by a faction of the party, and a factional leader installed.

“I said I was not going to submit myself for re-election in 2015,” he recalled.  “But then I said, I would allow my party to decide.  Since then, people have been coming, individually and groups, they have been talking to me.”

Obasanjo made his comment at a book launch in Abuja, at which Buhari was also present.  Obasanjo, the two-time leader who is facing serial attacks upon his character and legacy from various sources, said he had found Buhari’s record to be unblemished.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by mufc009(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2012
Source. http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/i-may-run-2015-says-buhari•-he-upright-–-obasanjo. Happy New Month Nairalanders
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Jakumo(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2012
Say NO to that nasty Boko Haram terror bombing organizer, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, of the Pellow Kwantiri-man fame.

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by homerac7: 6:47am On Jun 01, 2012
Oya Beaf, come and counter Obasanjo with your usual spam writings. Jakumo don mark register already grin grin grin
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by mufc009(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2012
Jakumo: Say NO to that nasty Boko Haram terror bombing organizer, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, of the Pellow Kwantiri-man fame.

If you say Buhari is a baboon,then retardeen is a devil better we go with the baboon

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2012
in as much as i hate Jonathan for not providing security for the numerous Christians in northern Nigeria, i utmost prefer him to those that are doing the attacking. Buhari and Co Beware not to islamise Najeriya (Dont Vote Bigotry)
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by honeric01(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2012
denko: in as much as i hate Jonathan for not providing security for the numerous Christians in northern Nigeria, i utmost prefer him to those that are doing the attacking. Buhari and Co Beware not to islamise Najeriya (Dont Vote Bigotry)

The only BIGOT i know in Power RIGHT NOW IS GOODLUCK JONATHAN THE PROFESSIONAL NIGERIAN DIVIDER.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2012
During Buhari Regime 10 out of 17 members of Buhari's cabinet are from Northern Nigeria.
Buhari is a tribalist, HO! HA!
Buhari is unfit to be president of Nigeria in his life time again, HO! HA!
Read him talk about oil as if it is at his fathers back yard.
Sorry Buhari tribalism will kill you oooooooooooooooooooooooooo,HO! HA!

Buhari's Cabinet on 1984

Members
The Buhari Cabinet
OFFICE NAME TERM
Head of State Muhammadu Buhari 1984–1985
Chief of Staff Tunde Idiagbon 1984–1985
Defense Domkat Bali 1984–1985
Agriculture Bukar Shuaib 1984–1985
Trade Mahmud Tukur 1984–1985
Communications A Abdullahi, Lt Col 1984–1985
Education Yarima Ibrahim 1984–1985
Finance Onaolapo Soleye 1984–1985
Abuja Mamman Jiya Vatsa 1984–1985
Health Emmanuel Nsan 1984–1985
Internal Affairs Mohammed Magoro 1984–1985
Foreign Affairs Ibrahim Gambari 1984–1985
Minister of Information Sam Omeruah 1984–1985
Transportation Abdullahi Ibrahim 1984–1985
Energy Tam David-West 1984–1985
Justice Chike Offodile 1984–1985
Works Patrick Koshoni 1984–1985
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by segunjowo(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2012
I will vote for Buhari again and again if he contest 2015 election. The man is upright. I am glad OBJ acknowledge this fact.
The ways of Nigerian bewilder me sometimes. Every man is imperfect, and Buhari takes no exception. He may be bad in some ways, but I tell you, he is way better than what we have in GEJ now.
People say Buhari is a religion fanatic and that he will islamize Nigeria once he gain power: I say no, because he once ruled and never tried such. He won't now, or he wouldn't have picked Bakare in 2011 as his running mate.
People say Buhari is responsible and in support of BH and its vices: I say no because if he was, he would have attempted to dislodge a bomb or two in the south. In fact he would have tried something bad in the SS, per example!
People say he stole PTF money? Na lie. I can point to many benefit of PTF in Nigeria.
Nigerian, please shun sentiments. Let's support Buhari come 2015.
my battery is low. I woulve posted more.

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Clerverly: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2012
And we would all support you. Even for no other reason than seeing my thiefing Governor in the gulag.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2012
honeric01:

The only BIGOT i know in Power RIGHT NOW IS GOODLUCK JONATHAN THE PROFESSIONAL NIGERIAN DIVIDER.

you forgot to add he is also an alleged bomb sponsor (see okah)

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:25am On Jun 01, 2012
Pls dont remind me of the brutal era of buhari, Buhari put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, by public execution.

He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by meanhearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka’s offence.

Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2012
And this is from Obasanjo right? grin grin grin grin
Anyway, if he likes, let him get Assad or Ayatollah to testify that he is a 'mini-prophet'. What majority of Nigerians know is that HE WILL BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2012
He is a bigot, his bigotry was highly exercise when he placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari’s Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2012
Buhari ransacked the house of the late Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President, the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2012
As for the Oputa panel, no honest and reasonable person will run away from any law however mundane it is. Unfortunately for General Buhari he refused to appear before the Justice Oputa panel which was just a fact finding committee headed by an eminent jurist like Justice Oputa. If General Buhari is clean and honest why did he run away from the Oputa panel?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by OAM4J: 8:35am On Jun 01, 2012

(1)

Gov. Oshiomole Hiding In Canada? / Check Out Billionaire Femi Otedola's Yacht [photo] / Anambra 2014: New Info On Ngige's APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.