Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? (10562 Views)

Ranti Martins Soleye Once Again Wins The Best Foreign Player In I-league / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
honeric01:

Check last season and tell me if he didn't score 40 goals. i didn't pinpoint a particular season for the 40 goals.

Odafe and Ranti, are they the only 2 players in the league? other should have at least 20 goals each if it was that cheap.
Maybe u should take time and google the top 10 scorers in the Indian league, then you'll know others are scoring goals too. This same ranti scored 7goals in a game that ended 14-0. Is that football or handball?
You're just so inconsistent with your fake hype. At first you were shouting Ranti, i came up with Odafe and u changed tune. So it's Ranti & Odafe now. Smh4u
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
oayombo: Maybe u should take time and google the top 10 scorers in the Indian league, then you'll know others are scoring goals too. This same ranti scored 7goals in a game that ended 14-0. Is that football or handball?
You're just so inconsistent with your fake hype. At first you were shouting Ranti, i came up with Odafe and u changed tune. So it's Ranti & Odafe now. Smh4u

I never said Ranti was the only player in India scoring goals, that thoughts came from your likes, my statement meant that Ranti is just good and thats why he's very VISIBLE in the league and that if the league was really that shitty, then EVERYONE should have similar number of goals.

What makes you think i didn't know about Odafe? you came up with odafe's name as if the league is all about 2 persons. if you are good you are good, some people are better than J J Okocha but play on the streets, is this not what we see everyday on earth? opportunity, favor and destiny has alot to play in your life. if you think because Ranti or any other Nigerian plays in India or unknown leagues makes them a bad player, then you obviously know little about life and what it throws at you.

Messi also scored 4 goals in a champions league, sometimes in Italy, i think players also scored 7 goals in a game, does that make the champions league bad or the Italian league bad? instead of saying Messi is good or that Batistuta/Pele/Maradona are good, would you say its the leagues that are bad?

Is Goodluck Jonathan the wisest or the best man to be president in Nigeria?
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
jpworld:

Are u sure u don't know him? maybe he is from the same hometown with u? ur player claim he want new challenges, why challenging himself with another team in India, why not move to other better places? or he should just tell us the trust his opportunity is limited...

I have a striker in Singapore from Nigeria that score 39 goals one season, should he be SE? and Even Singaporean league is better than India.

And why should i lie to you? are you going to shoot me? so because i posted an article about a player, he's AUTOMATICALLY from my hometown? what's wrong with Nigerians? cant someone just do something out of passion again or what is wrong with you people self? he can decide to play whereever he wants, you don't tell him where to play. at least he's not hungry according to him, he's the most paid player in India i believe (400k per year), debunk this if you have facts.

Who is that player that scores 39 goals per month? if he's good and the coach likes his kind of play, what's stopping him from playing in the SE? The Zambian team that won the nations cup had about 70% of the squad playing in their league and SA league.

The Greek team that won the nations cup in Europe had 80% of HB players. if you are good, you are good, but you might be unfavored to play in bigger or more accessible league in the world.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 3:26am On Jun 11, 2012
Honeric, pls name that player that scored 7goals in the Italian serie A or even in the Uefa champions league. Name that game in either competitions that ended 14-0. He says he earns a particular amount and u believe him 100%, where are the facts? How can you be comparing the league of a country ranked 162nd to that of Greece that is ranked 14th, SA is ranked 53 while Zambia is ranked 79. Even the three lions have all the present crop of players coming from the premiership & championship teams. The truth is if he's that good, he'd have been bought over by a bigger club than dempo. There's competition for shirts in the SE now and playing in India reduces his chances of being called up if at all the chances existed in the first place. Ask yourself why he hasn't won the Asian champions league with all his goals, has any Indian team even smelt the trophy? The league is shitty!!!
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 7:12am On Jun 11, 2012
I don't waste time on fruitless stuffs like this.. just google it. messi scored 4 goals in champions league.
scored 5 goals in la liga

Bastituta too in his italian days

google them up and stop asking for free details.. got no time for all these.

scoring 7 goals in 1 game is not new, even klose had similar number of goals in his time too

just google them
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 7:29am On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01: I don't waste time on fruitless stuffs like this.. just google it. messi scored 4 goals in champions league.
scored 5 goals in la liga

Bastituta too in his italian days

google them up and stop asking for free details.. got no time for all these.

scoring 7 goals in 1 game is not new, even klose had similar number of goals in his time too

just google them
Scoring 7goals in a game that ended 14-0 can't be new in a shitty league. Did batistuta ever score 7goals in a single game throughout his career in Italy, did messi or ronaldo score 7...so klose scored 7 too? I don't know which version of google gave u such results o. I don't know of any European league that can produce such an outrageous number of goals in a match. It's football, not handball. Tell your brother to move to Europe and face better opposition. Or better still, let him win the Asian Champions league if he really wants to be taken serious.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 8:03am On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: Scoring 7goals in a game that ended 14-0 can't be new in a shitty league. Did batistuta ever score 7goals in a single game throughout his career in Italy, did messi or ronaldo score 7...so klose scored 7 too? I don't know which version of google gave u such results o. I don't know of any European league that can produce such an outrageous number of goals in a match. It's football, not handball. Tell your brother to move to Europe and face better opposition. Or better still, let him win the Asian Champions league if he really wants to be taken serious.

Has any of the present SE players won the champions league? you like to throw words around right? who among them is above average?

I already told you to google the info you seek, i can't do that for you because you won't pay me for doing research for you.

I don't know what is wrong with you people, so he's my brother now? Ranti is Yoruba and i am not even Yoruba, so he's now my brother?
Only saw him once on TV and i don't even know where in India he lives, so tell me again, how does my posting his article makes me his brother or collected money from him?

You people are so corrupt that you see others who do things you ordinarily would have collected money to do as someone that has been bribed. i have posted more than 3 player's issues on NL, does it mean they are all my brothers or they paid me to do these?

When i posted that of Emenike, did he pay me too?
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

Has any of the present SE players won the champions league? you like to throw words around right? who among them is above average?

I already told you to google the info you seek, i can't do that for you because you won't pay me for doing research for you.

I don't know what is wrong with you people, so he's my brother now? Ranti is Yoruba and i am not even Yoruba, so he's now my brother?
Only saw him once on TV and i don't even know where in India he lives, so tell me again, how does my posting his article makes me his brother or collected money from him?

You people are so corrupt that you see others who do things you ordinarily would have collected money to do as someone that has been bribed. i have posted more than 3 player's issues on NL, does it mean they are all my brothers or they paid me to do these?

When i posted that of Emenike, did he pay me too?
The last time i checked, John Obi Mikel is still a Nigerian. I am also not asking u to do any research cos i know for facts that none of those players has ever scored 7goals in a match and even the worst team in England, Spain, Italy & d rest can't conceded 14goals in 90mins. That shows u how strong the league is. Lets be real here, the quality of opposition he faces in India is nothing to write home about and as such won't bring out the best in any player.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by jpworld(m): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: Lets be real here, the quality of opposition he faces in India is nothing to write home about and as such won't bring out the best in any player.

honeric01, I hope you understand him...
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: The last time i checked, John Obi Mikel is still a Nigerian. I am also not asking u to do any research cos i know for facts that none of those players has ever scored 7goals in a match and even the worst team in England, Spain, Italy & d rest can't conceded 14goals in 90mins. That shows u how strong the league is. Lets be real here, the quality of opposition he faces in India is nothing to write home about and as such won't bring out the best in any player.

And when did he win champions league? just last month, all of a sudden you are shouting hurray? and is he a regular in the SE? apart from him (who's not above average in my books), who else?

How many of our current players play in big clubs in these top leagues you mentioned? how many of them play regularly?

Wether the oppositions are the lahm of this world or ramos of this world, if you're good, you are good, but being good alone is not what makes you popular because there are more than 500 better okochas out there not known or even heard of.. true or false?
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

And when did he win champions league? just last month, all of a sudden you are shouting hurray? and is he a regular in the SE? apart from him (who's not above average in my books), who else?

How many of our current players play in big clubs in these top leagues you mentioned? how many of them play regularly?

Wether the oppositions are the lahm of this world or ramos of this world, if you're good, you are good, but being good alone is not what makes you popular because there are more than 500 better okochas out there not known or even heard of.. true or false?
You're very funny o, at first you asked if any Nigerian player has won the champions league...i gave u a name, and now you're asking who else? Na wa for u o. Everyone can't play for a big club in the likes of Barcelona, Manchester, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan..... But playing against them is even better, don't u think so? At least, we get a chance of seeing them in first class action. So many Nigerians playing in Spain, Italy, England, France.....there's just no way u can compare those leagues with where Ranti plays. Except you're not being true to yourself, you know Ranti needs to move to a better league if he's to feature for the SE. When you're good, you remain good but u only get better when u play with or against better/best players.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: You're very funny o, at first you asked if any Nigerian player has won the champions league...i gave u a name, and now you're asking who else? Na wa for u o. Everyone can't play for a big club in the likes of Barcelona, Manchester, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan..... But playing against them is even better, don't u think so? At least, we get a chance of seeing them in first class action. So many Nigerians playing in Spain, Italy, England, France.....there's just no way u can compare those leagues with where Ranti plays. Except you're not being true to yourself, you know Ranti needs to move to a better league if he's to feature for the SE. When you're good, you remain good but u only get better when u play with or against better/best players.
I said Current SE man... do you want everything to be spelt out to you?

Obi is not a regular in the SE when it comes to Keshi.. got it?

Lastly, do you actually thought i didn't know Mikel won the CL? even on the thread of the match, i posted and mentioned his name, you obviously think i don't know that?

I am asking you again: Wether the oppositions are the lahm of this world or ramos of this world, if you're good, you are good, but being good alone is not what makes you popular because there are more than 500 better okochas out there not known or even heard of.. true or false?
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Keshi is still supposedly building a team, cus mikel hasn't featured yet in how many games under keshi doesn't rule him out of the squad. You're just ignoring my questions and picking one thing to talk about. When you're good, you're good...but it doesn't mean one shouldn't strive to be better.. A one-eyed man is a king in a city full of blind people. That's the case of Ranti. Do u still remember Peter Ijeh & his sojourn in the SE? I rest my case.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: Keshi is still supposedly building a team, cus mikel hasn't featured yet in how many games under keshi doesn't rule him out of the squad. You're just ignoring my questions and picking one thing to talk about. When you're good, you're good...but it doesn't mean one shouldn't strive to be better.. A one-eyed man is a king in a city full of blind people. That's the case of Ranti. Do u still remember Peter Ijeh & his sojourn in the SE? I rest my case.

You never asked any question, rather you are the one ignoring mine.

Peter Ijeh was and is not a bad striker, he was only invited once and heavens know you can have a bad day due to alot of reasons (anxiety from trying to impress, injuries, being worn out, e.t.c).

Mikel in the current SE is not known, so why would you be using mikel as a yardstick? it's Keshi's job to use what he wants to use and it's not your job to write off any player just because they don't play where you prefer.

Playing in Manchester United (Anderson) does not mean you are better than Nwankwo Obiora who plays in an unknown club. do you get it now? I will prefer an Azeez who plays in an unknown club to Etuhu of Fulham
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by oayombo: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

You never asked any question, rather you are the one ignoring mine.

Peter Ijeh was and is not a bad striker, he was only invited once and heavens know you can have a bad day due to alot of reasons (anxiety from trying to impress, injuries, being worn out, e.t.c).

Mikel in the current SE is not known, so why would you be using mikel as a yardstick? it's Keshi's job to use what he wants to use and it's not your job to write off any player just because they don't play where you prefer.

Playing in Manchester United (Anderson) does not mean you are better than Nwankwo Obiora who plays in an unknown club. do you get it now? I will prefer an Azeez who plays in an unknown club to Etuhu of Fulham
From your last paragraph...Lol...i thank God you're not the coach. You'd obviously prefer Ranti to Ike Uche.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
oayombo: From your last paragraph...Lol...i thank God you're not the coach. You'd obviously prefer Ranti to Ike Uche.

Possible if the former is in form and the latter is not.
Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by Aeropaxtravels: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2016
I took time to read through all comments and I begins to wonder why some people take the issue so personal as if they are just anti success. I quickly checked with google to know who this Ranti was; Meenh, that guy is for real.. Forget the fact that he plays in India.. All I see in him is love, passion and energy for the game. He can be tried in a friendly.. To those that doesn't believes in his income rate, my brother forget am ooo... He has made a enough money for himself in that league. You want to ask me how I got that fact? I contacted an agent in India few minutes ago and his said profile is standard. Instead of beefing, just ignore.

1 Share

Re: Ranti Martins Soleye: A Promising Striker For Super Eagles? by dearie(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
This is Ranti still representing...talent doesn't fade...This is what that means...year and years again...he's still doing it.
https://www.nairaland.com/3071424/ranti-martins-soleye-once-again#45074903

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How NFF Mismanaged N251m From FIFA / Bacary Sagna's Message To Lagos Malta Guinness Fans / Okagbare Wins 200m Bronze At IAAF World Championships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.