Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? (1356 Views)

Wrong Things Ladies Consider Before Marrying A Man- DanceVille / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
Way back in secondary and early part of university days it was a norm for guys to write peoms for their girlfriends and sing love songs to them.

But as years passedby and the computer age surfaced, even the so called romantic boys started stealing peoms to pass to their girl friends which most of the girls knew their boy friends wasn't the originator of such. This started making guys less romantic as even in our nigerian songs today, they sing vulgar and crappish songs rather than compose from within their heart.

My question is; do guys of today still compose peoms and send to their girl friends and do ladies still find such men attractive and romantic
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Slimgrace(f): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
il rada a guy takes his tym n pens down his hrt 2 me than al doz forwrded mssgs ppl luv 2 u.i appreciate poetry so much o.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Slimgrace: il rada a guy takes his tym n pens down his hrt 2 me than al doz forwrded mssgs ppl luv 2 u.i appreciate poetry so much o.

Yeah! Like earlier stated, even our musicians no longer write songs from within. Does it man we now have less romantic men in town?
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by KateSpade(f): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
I had an old bf who used to write me poems and such. Me, being a mean person, dismissed them most of the time.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by slimyem: 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
i used to love poems and most of the guys i've been with and my wannabes have been quite poetic but over time,i've stopped appreciating romantic poems with its twist around words because it all turns out to be a lie in the end.
These days,if you try any poetry on me,you don FAIL!!!cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
I used to write poems until I realised some girls just take your poem and send it to another guy. Now that defines nonsense
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44: I used to write poems until I realised some girls just take your poem and send it to another guy. Now that defines nonsense

Gbam!!! I had a girl who did that nonesense and I made her pay was it not N6,000 or so. Without telling her the offence she committed, I told her we should go to the cinema but she would foot all the bills, after both watching a movie and all, by the time the day was over, I made her know that her crime was she sent my peom to someone else, she almost fainted but we later laughed over it though I gave her money than what she spent some few days later.

That's called "copyright violation"
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
The isht just got me tired of writing poems for chicks.
Now, I write for myself
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44: The isht just got me tired of writing poems for chicks.
Now, I write for myself

You could write and sell you know?
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by cantell(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44: The isht just got me tired of writing poems for chicks.
Now, I write for myself
Better for you, cos recharge cards is much cooler.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

You could write and sell you know?
I have heard but I don't see them as being good enough
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
slimyem: i used to love poems and most of the guys i've been with and my wannabes have been quite poetic but over time,i've stopped appreciating romantic poems with its twist around words because it all turns out to be a lie in the end.
These days,if you try any poetry on me,you don FAIL!!!cheesycheesycheesy

LOL. grin grin sad grin
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
We are still alive.. I still write poems all the time, and the ladies love my poems. tongue
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: We are still alive.. I still write poems all the time, and the ladies love my poems. tongue

Oya, let's go. Let's see your skillz. Show us what you got, Shymmex.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
Deleted.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by firestar(f): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: Poem dedicated to Naija girls (freestyle)

Naija girls, oh my naija girls
where would I be without you
Looking back at my life and how far I have come
I love you more everyday
Life was given to me by you
Sustained by you
And I hope I breathe my last air on your beautiful hands
Every time I think about what strong women should be
I think about my naija girls
Your intelligence, class, brilliance, bravery,and sophisticated can never be matched anywhere in the world
Yet you still love me through my highs and lows
I love you my naija girls
And will continue to proclaim my love for you till I leave this cold world

Yours Sincerely,

Shymmex. cool

Shymmex, this requires fine tuning. Like, seriously.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
firestar:

How do you mean?
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
firestar:

Common encourage him nah
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Common encourage him nah

I said it was a frestyle, and my poetry rhymes in meaning not syllables..
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: Poem dedicated to Naija girls (freestyle)

Naija girls, oh my naija girls
where would I be without you
Looking back at my life and how far I have come
I love you more everyday
Life was given to me by you
Sustained by you
And I hope I breathe my last air on your beautiful hands
Every time I think about what strong women should be
I think about my naija girls
Your intelligence, class, brilliance, bravery,and sophisticated can never be matched anywhere in the world
Yet you still love me through my highs and lows
I love you my naija girls
And will continue to proclaim my love for you till I leave this cold world

Yours Sincerely,

Shymmex. cool

You try, Shymmex. You get a 2/10 for effort. Thank You.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
Yield:

You try, Shymmex. You get a 2/10 for effort. Thank You.

Damn, son!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Damn, son!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was kidding. I liked the poem. 6.5/10. smiley
And you had positive things to say about naija girls,
unlike some of the kiddos on this site who spit rubbish.
Much appreciated.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by snthesis(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
i write poems
but d catch is- d chic has to inspire me to write, cos it comes from me heart cool
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by firestar(f): 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

How do you mean?
I mean, sift this rough diamond and I'll reply your poem.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by slimyem: 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex poem is the definition of bland-freestyle or not!
It sounds like some yori-yori or x-project lyrics from back in the days...cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Yield:

I was kidding. I liked the poem. 6.5/10. smiley
And you had positive things to say about naija girls,
unlike some of the kiddos on this site who spit rubbish.
Much appreciated.

Well, I think the nest way to avoid those kiddos is us starting to create mature topics they can hadly blend into. That will keep them away and Seun would be forced to create a "cartoon" section for them.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
@topic:

I don't know.
I guess I am a mix of old and new school.
I am a fan of love. I crave affection: the hugs, kisses, the "I love you baby"s and the works...

but for some strange reason bouquets of Roses, Cards, Candy and Poetry just doesn't move me... undecided
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 12:04am On Jun 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @topic:

I don't know.
I guess I am a mix of old and new school.
I am a fan of love. I crave affection: the hugs, kisses, the "I love you baby"s and the works...

but for some strange reason bouquets of Roses, Cards, Candy and Poetry just doesn't move me... undecided

Your last paragraph only sells in nigeria a few days to Feb 14.

So don't worry if you live in Nigeria as no man will bring all those to you.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 6:42am On Jun 04, 2012
acidtalk:

Your last paragraph only sells in nigeria a few days to Feb 14.

So don't worry if you live in Nigeria as no man will bring all those to you.
This is unfortunate but true
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
This is unfortunate but true

Everyone irrespective of age and sex have all gone extremely materialistic.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
Well what can we do about it?
Re: Are There Still Men Who Write Peoms And Do Ladies Consider Them Romantic? by acidtalk: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mynd_44: Well what can we do about it?

A whole lot.

Reorientation, Sober reflection and repentance of greedy taste.

(1) (2) (Reply)

By This Assertion, Are Many Ladies Bitches? / "Dated Him 4 4yrs N Nw Pregnant, He Refuses 2 Marry Me"- Gal Seeks Help / Mukina Has Been Banned. PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.