Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? (10250 Views)

APC: Saraki, Dogara Are Pro-pdp Leaders - We Can't Sit With Them / South-East Leaders: We Accept SGF / The Good Leaders We Wish For Should Be People Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
Let us take a careful look at our own lives, are we not also corrupt ?

When you inflate those contract figures, are you not corrupt ?

When you get a Job not by merit , but by who know who, are you not corrupt ?

When you bribe or are bribed to get a contract, are you not corrupt ?

When you steal another man's idea and make a fortune out of it, are you not corrupt ?

When you bribe your children into schools and universities, are you not corrupt ?

When you borrow money to start a business and refuse to pay it back, are you not corrupt ?

When you refuse to pay your workers, are you not corrupt ?

When you spend your entire life scamming westerners and defrauding your country man, are you not corrupt ?

When you increase the prices of your goods 10 times the inflation value, are you not corrupt ?

When you bribe PHCN to give light to your area, while the less fortunate dwell in darkness , are you not corrupt ?

I could go on and on and on but the list will become an endless one.

My point is, we deserve the leaders we have , a corrupt people deserve a corrupt leadership. NIGERIA is CORRUPT from Head to Toe.

Our sins and wickedness have now piled to the heavens and retribution is being poured out without mercy, since we commit these sins without mercy and oppress the poor without mercy, God will how no mercy in his judgements, except we show repentance by a contrite heart.

Our problem is not just leadership, but our greed and avarice, brutality, tribalism, religious fanaticism to name a few vices.

So next time you start screaming abuse at GEJ and co, look at yourself, are you any better or are you not part of the problem ?

47 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by emiye(m): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
Many, if not the majority of followers are WORSE than the current leaders in Nigeria.

The tactics of most followers is i complain,cry, curse the stealing leaders now, but if the opportunity comes and i can shove up my way to the top, i gotta to steal in sevenfolds.

1 Like

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
emiye: Many, if not the majority of followers are WORSE than the current leaders in Nigeria.

The tactics of most followers is i complain,cry, curse the stealing leaders now, but if the opportunity comes and i can shove up my way to the top, i gotta to steal in sevenfolds.

Absolutely !!

They spend their entire time abusing leaders on Nairaland, but many ( not all ) have the same potential for corruption as the worst of our leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by jamace(m): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
A leader leads.
A leader shows the way to go.
A leader guides.
A leader dictates the pace.
A leader sees far ahead.
A leader does the planning.
A leader ensures the plans are executed according to the plan.
A leader is bizminded for the benefit of the led.
A leader sacrifices for the good of his followers.
A leader cares for the followers.
A leader puts the interest of his followers first.
A leader bears pains so that his people will enjoy.
A leader is selfless.
A leader is the light for the masses to follow.
A leader inspires.
A leader is a displinarian.
A leader is a servant.
A leader is not proud.
A leader is a problem solver.
A leader is the hope of the ordinary people.
A leader is fair but firm.
A leader is accountable to the led.
A leader does not rejoice in the suffering of the led.
A leader is responsible.
A leader has moral courage.
A leader is forthright.
A leader is upright.
A leader has vision.
A leader pursues his vision for the benefit of all.
A leader is tenacious.
A leader is bold but not proud.
A leader listens but not fooled.
A leader is knowledgeable but not necessarily a PhD holder.
A leader is innovative.
A leader is as innocent as a dove but wise as a serpent.
A leader takes responsibility for his actions.
A leader knows the pains of his people.
A leader does not disriminate among his followers.
A leader is father to all.
A leader works for the overall interest of his followers.

.......jamace

12 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamace: A leader leads.
A leader shows the way to go.
A leader guides.
A leader dictates the pace.
A leader sees far ahead.
A leader does the planning.
A leader ensures the plans are executed according to the plan.
A leader is bizminded for the benefit of the led.
A leader sacrifices for the good of his followers.
A leader cares for the followers.
A leader puts the interest of his followers first.
A leader bears pains so that his people will enjoy.
A leader is selfless.
A leader is the light for the masses to follow.
A leader inspires.
A leader is a displinarian.
A leader is a servant.
A leader is not proud.
A leader is a problem solver.
A leader is the hope of the ordinary people.
A leader is fair but firm.
A leader is accountable to the led.
A leader does not rejoice in the suffering of the led.
A leader is responsible.
A leader has moral courage.
A leader is forthright.
A leader is upright.
A leader has vision.
A leader pursues his vision for the benefit of all.
A leader is tenacious.
A leader is bold but not proud.
A leader listens but not fooled.
A leader is knowledgeable but not necessarily a PhD holder.
A leader is innovative.
A leader is as innocent as a dove but wise as a serpent.
A leader takes responsibility for his actions.
A leader knows the pains of his people.
A leader does not disriminate among his followers.
A leader is father to all.
A leader works for the overall interest of his followers.

.......jamace

Says it all, does it not, we the people are the ones who will become the leaders of tomorrow. For the mere reason that we have failed to produce any such leader with the attributes you described shows in itself that these are not virtues we are acquainted with.

Besides, we also are accountable and responsible for our actions and how it affects others and the nation as a whole.

Sorry but Nigeria is an indisciplined country and rotten to the core.

It is very difficult to get an honest man or woman out of that multitude - Fact !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by jamace(m): 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
frosbel:

Says it all, does it not, we the people are the ones who will become the leaders of tomorrow. For the mere reason that we have failed to produce any such leader with the attributes you described shows in itself that these are not virtues we are acquainted with.

Besides, we also are accountable and responsible for our actions and how it affects others and the nation as a whole.

It is very difficult to get an honest man or woman out of that multitude - Fact !!!!

Leadership is responsibility which should be left to only responsible people. Any one who can not shoulder the demands of leadership should disappear into the crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Goldieluks: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamace:

Leadership is responsibility which should be left to only responsible people. Any one who can not shoulder the demands of leadership should disappear into the crowd.

bless you.
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamace:

You missed the point again !!

The leaders are drawn from the populace, the mere fact that we have always produced bad leaders is a verdict in itself of the quality of our people.

Again, stop pushing away personal responsibility to the government, we all have our part to play - Fact !!

7 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by jamace(m): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
frosbel:

The leaders are drawn from the populace, the mere fact that we have always produced bad leaders is a verdict in itself of the quality of our people.

Again, stop pushing away personal responsibility to the government, we all have our part to play - Fact !!

Whether elected or selected, once you get into leadership position, the spirit of leadeship should take control of you. You no longer have an option but to lead and lead well.
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by ikeyman00(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamace:

forsbel

poster
is ur father tinubu?

i missed the point too
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by jamace(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
^^^ What is your intention?
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by ikeyman00(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2012
^^^^ my intention is this thread does not usually make sense!

so may i say once again i missed the point tooo haa

anyway i see; i think i get u now

thats wasnt refering to u but the poster

sorry about that
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ my intention is this thread does not usually make sense!

so may i say once again i missed the point tooo haa

anyway i see; i think i get u now

thats wasnt refering to u but the poster

sorry about that

How will it make sense when you are part of the 'gang ' grin

Nigerians will never learn - Fact !!

2 Likes

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by ikeyman00(m): 12:24am On Jun 04, 2012
^^^^ wat u think im agbero ehh

no thats just limits to yaribas in lagos

not me bros
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by malc619(m): 12:29am On Jun 04, 2012
The POINT has been Hidden
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by freshmoney(m): 12:36am On Jun 04, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ wat u think im agbero ehh

no thats just limits to yaribas in lagos

not me bros

You lack morals. Are you learned? You want to create ethnic war today- one of the most tragic moments in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 04, 2012
malc619: The POINT has been Hidden

grin grin

@topic:

If you know the politician is crooked and you vote in their favor..INDEED you are just as crooked and also to blame. Some folks will GLADLY vote for someone or support them even while knowing their vote will be at the expense of other people. It is not until they are themselves victim of corruption that they care: case in point George Bush and to a CERTAIN EXTENT: Obama supporters.

Some DEMs supported Obama just to get back at the rich but failed to realize tax increase ALSO meant taxing the middle and working class. Others supported Bush KNOWING he would wage a war against "the middle East". Now that our economy is messed up he is the "worst thing since AIDs".
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 04, 2012
^^ grin grin
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by ikeyman00(m): 12:52am On Jun 04, 2012
@@@@

You lack morals. Are you learned? You want to create ethnic war today- one of the most tragic moments in Nigeria?

ok sir but i have to say the quote is taken out of context

rip to the dead; heaven awaitin yall
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by NaMe4: 12:56am On Jun 04, 2012
jamace:

Whether elected or selected, once you get into leadership position, the spirit of leadeship should take control of you. You no longer have an option but to lead and lead well.

I don't get it! So if an 'armed robber/rogue' is 'elected' or 'selected', the 'spirit of leadership' should automatically take control?

Frosbel, you make a lot of sense.
A GOOD leader will have to come out from a GOOD pack.

The simple truth is that corruption has eaten deep into the society, a lot of Nigerians FRANKLY do not know when they act improperly.

1 Like

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by malc619(m): 12:58am On Jun 04, 2012
Best23456: Get connected to rich and sexy sugar mummies anywhere in Nigeria. Call 070-3558-2253

I'm sure ur mum is the chair-lady of the "sugar-mummy-club"...
Get ur silly post out of here...
FoOL
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by olyivy(f): 12:59am On Jun 04, 2012
Best23456: Get connected to rich and sexy sugar mummies anywhere in Nigeria. Call 070-3558-2253
Cant somebody silence this guy for good.
Arghhhhh!
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by dokunbam(m): 1:03am On Jun 04, 2012
frosbel:

I absolutely agree to this. What is the way out pls
Wen there is problem the next thing I do is to look for solution
It starts from every individuals

1 Like

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by lacasa: 1:05am On Jun 04, 2012
W
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by lacasa: 1:06am On Jun 04, 2012
When the head is bad the body cnt perform, n vice-versa
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 04, 2012
Yes clearly we are better than our leaders.

The overwhelming majority of Nigerians I know, earn their money through sheer hard honest work

Can we say the same for our leaders?
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by flashit(f): 1:22am On Jun 04, 2012
I

1 Like

Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by Murphy7h4: 1:24am On Jun 04, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]many thanks
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by muffins99(f): 1:31am On Jun 04, 2012
Many people here seem to think leadership is stricly political.

Fathers do you not lead your home, mothers don't you lead your children? Bosses, managers, team-leaders, headteachers, VCs, deans, heads of department, pastors, HODs, Immams, ... etc, are you not leaders?. Do you mean you've never bent the rules, paid money that was not due, turned a blind eye or kept mum about something you should have blown the whistle on, you've never carried someone's bag, run errands and practically kissed their feet or other parts of their anatomy, just to get something in return? If so, congratulations, you get to throw the first stone!!!!! Remember that by pointing a finger, 3 more are pointing right back at you so you better make sure you're not guilty.
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by mensdept: 1:34am On Jun 04, 2012
@frosbel

You are spot on. This is what I've been trying to get the bimbos from our part of the world to understand. Not only corrupt, but we are complacent, cowardly, and childish.

We dont mind flying back home on Oyibo airlines. We dont mind supporting Chelsea, and gisting for hours abour Lampard and Terry lol.

We dont mind typing online with our little cute abbreviations and speaking American Fone.

We dont mind cherishing "Beginning of Discussion", "End of discussion", "Discussion continued" JAPANESE cars, or the latest BMWs that are inported. Neither do we letup on on Blackberries.

Look at our Movies?
Look at our Super Eagles (who struggled to even score against Namibia lol)
Look at our Falcons who didnt even qualify for Womens Olympics
Look at our Schools, that are a mess, yet they fight over name change to a military contractor
Look at our electricity
Look at our airports, BBC says "because of the bad roads getting to the site was compromised".

Yet, instead of killing these leaders and the fake pastors, we wan spray moooooooney and tie gele
Re: Are We Any Better Than The Leaders We Condemn ? by olyivy(f): 1:37am On Jun 04, 2012
flash_it: I was speaking to a friend from another country about the issues she has with her bank from the loan she collected and could not pay back in due time .I told her go back to your country and get another passport and return! This people don't know you in person and the debt will disappear. That day I lost a friend! I can still remember clearly the way she stared at me like I was a common criminal. Why did I suggest that?! Becos am proudly Nigerian! A common criminal with no sense of right over wrong. I will always look for the easy way out . I keep saying corruption should be eradicated from the system because until the governing bodies eradicate corruption from the bloodstreams of every Nigerian corruption ; Nigeria is doomed! Its not Nigerians at home or abroad that we should blame. Its the system which has made corruption our national identity that should be blamed. We have no fear to commit crimes because the system made us smart criminals. I don't blame me for my corrupt acts! I blame my Country that has refused to eradicate corruption from my system!

Please Note! Am not saying all Nigerians are corrupted.
Btw I do blame myself for my corrupt acts! I just want Nigeria to be corrput free but who will bell the cat ? Definately not Nairalanders!Fake fingers running unpatriotic Nigerians wey tribalism don swallow the functioning part of their brains.

Believe me MAJORITY of nigerians are corrupt. We dont see it that way cos we dont even know what is corruption and what is not any longer!
The only thing we call corruption now is looting from abuja not looting our offices, disobeying traffic laws, beating queues, cheating in exams, hiking prices and countless others.
But tell me, what will stop anyone who did any of the above from NOT looting when he/she gets to Abuja.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? / Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat / Uzodinma Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Declaration As Governor By Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.