Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47298 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by dukila: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
niddamugu:

It is God that grants journey mercies. Even a plane on first test drive from factory could crash....
though the first sentence is perfectly correct. I marvel at your level of reasoning. The same bible says WATCH and pray. If you like go and enter a vehicle without brakes, afterall, it's God that grants journey mercies. Wisdom is profitable. No be me talk am oh, na so e dey for bible.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
People that know the industry inside out will tell you that Chachangi has the best pilots in the industry that is true. Their planes may not be best physically or give you the best of Behind service(even mallo dey their air hosts) but you can hardly fault the smoothness of their flights, especially landing and taking off.

I have flown all, from Dana to Arik to Virgin(now Air Nigeria) to Aero to Bellview to Chachangi, and I can testify to smoothness of Chachangi's landing and taking off. Their in-flight services are however zero, but who cares, once I grab a copy of the day's newspapers.

Arik used to have the best services 4-5 years ago, but they have dropped. They also used to boast of cha cha aircrafts, but not until I entered their Lagos-Ilorin okada-like aircraft 2 years ago.

My own conclusion is: all na the same. This was the Dana I was already falling in love with.

I continue with my indifference: hop into any next available flight, except when on official duty, in which case only Aero and Arik are officially allowed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by dukila: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: i still dont get why parachutes are not put on passenger planes!
i just tire for the thing. The only thing you see are life jackets. For the love of me it's a plane not a boat.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by avicky(f): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mekky2010:

This God and prayer factor is exactly the problem we have in Nigeria, my dear, why not dislodge your brake and drive on 3rd mainland bridge, God will definitely grant you journey mercies.

We always want God to do our job, they are people responsible for making sure that our airlines are not air traps, let them do their job first and not transfer it to God. I believe in God and I also believe is sanity and competence simple.
U brought out those words from my mouth.
Thanks for these words of wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by abiamahart: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ismhab
explain to us how an aircraft expected to fly at high altitude with pressurised cabin did it with the hatch door open. i am no fan of Dana because they put a scare into me some weeks back.

heard creaky noise as the flaps struggled to angle from 10degrees to full 30degrees as we descended to land i lagos that sunday morning from abuja. i was seating by the window along the emergency row.

They sure have safety issues?

RIP to the deceased
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by kelvincoll(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
DANA AIR NAMED BEST SAFETY AND SECURITY CONSCIOUS AIRLINE IN NIGERIA
Lagos | 25th September, 2010
Award-winning airline, Dana Air, has been named the ‘Best Safety and Security Conscious Airline in Nigeria at the Nigeria@50 edition of Security Watch Africa Awards which held on the 24th of September 2010 at the prestigious Crown Plaza, Johannesburg – The Rosebank, South Africa.

What happened after this?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by horlajide: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2012
Seems nobody here has boarded OVERLAND before..anybody willing to try?? I swear u go come back come re-edit your post,I pray you come back alive though lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Megabyts(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
niddamugu:

It is God that grants journey mercies. Even a plane on first test drive from factory could crash....
But a good appearance is aletter of recommendation and to be sincere all our local plane are bought and refurbished after serving 10 or more years abroad coupled with our poor maintenance culture the are all death traps!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by dukila: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
ceejay80s: Even brand new planes can crash, once a plane lifts up, u are no longer safe, i laff when i see tv and newspaper advert saying airplanes are safest way to travel
funny enough it is.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by olaadegoke(m): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
As of tonight it's called Dana
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by phillipsadeojo(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
what is now d solution?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by slimchimex(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
Unforseen occurance can befall one says the Bible....We should always pray every min of the day,dedicate our life to God so dat should incase we'r involved Almighty God will ressurate us in paradise....
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by slimchimex(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
Unforseen occurance can befall anyone says the Bible....We should always pray every min of the day,dedicate our life to God so dat should incase we'r involved Almighty God will ressurate us in paradise....
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by mymide: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
It's not just about the airlines or the airplanes, it's about the management of the sector. By now heads should be rolling, Harold Demurin should have been kicked out and whoever is found culpable.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ziediolike(m): 12:22am On Jun 05, 2012
Itz dana of course it has d highest numba of casualty
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by oroposyndrome: 12:39am On Jun 05, 2012
Na wa oo for nigeria lack of maintenance.i get airport for area where the aeroplane always disturbs me with rubbish sound like sting bee.i have determined anytime I want travel by air I go sit beside pilot where i go monitor him.i go start engine by myself.i cannot use that huge money to send myself to hell.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Niseamaka(m): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2012
sadyeek:

Serioudly dude?? So u dont believe in God?? U better change ur ideology, miracles happen every day.. The air u breath, sun rise n sun set, chlid birth.... The list goes on for ever, be thankful brother.

I strongly believe in God,but God helps those who help themselves. you do not have to navigate a vehicle without brakes and expect to be saved by God.You do not have to jump into a burning fire and expect miraculous rescue.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by hubreality(m): 6:52am On Jun 05, 2012
dukila:
though the first sentence is perfectly correct. I marvel at your level of reasoning. The same bible says WATCH and pray. If you like go and enter a vehicle without brakes, afterall, it's God that grants journey mercies. Wisdom is profitable. No be me talk am oh, na so e dey for bible.

Indeed, wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by JahMan1: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2012
Air Nigeria aircraft
By SaharaReporters, New York
John I. Nnorom, a former Executive Director for Finance at Air Nigeria, has warned Nigerians to stop flying the airline until they are sure that its planes are being properly maintained. In a blistering public petition, Mr. Nnorom, who resigned his appointment with the airline on April 1, 2012, blamed the situation on big businessman Jimoh Ibrahim, the chairman of Air Nigeria, whom he accused of being uninterested in the maintenance of company aircraft. “Some of the certifying Engineers and I are under threat of assassination by Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, if we reveal this secret to Nigerians,” he said.
Mr. Nnorom said that upon his resignation, he wrote a letter in which he said he preferred to die than to be a witness to over 100 souls perishing in an Air Nigeria aircraft.
He disclosed that Air Nigeria is in financial crisis because money loaned by Bank of Industry of N35.5Billion has been diverted into Mr. Ibrahim’s NICON INVESTMENT LTD, a non-finance company popularly called wonder bank, leading to air safety being compromised, and stressed that there is a great possibility of a disastrous Air Nigeria crash, which can occur at any time.
He recalled that in Jan 2012, Licensed Engineers in Air Nigeria went on strike because they were being forced to certify unfit aircraft into the air, and another strike was averted in March 2012 following the intervention of the DG-NCAA, Demureen. Both events, he said, were based on failure on Failure To Meet Safety Standard, and are verifiable information the public is aware of.
Why are Air Nigeria flights sometimes delayed for as many as eight hours? According to the petitioner, that is because the aircraft for that flight is not ready. “While passengers are waiting, engineers are battling to put the aircraft on Air. Several times our Aircraft on Runway taxing to takeoff, turns back to offload passengers due to some technical faults observed by Pilots.” He said that of the 11 aircraft being operated by Air Nigeria, only one, Embraer, is safe to fly Nigeria Air space, with all of the others needing “deep and heavy” technical maintenance. “This explains why Air Nigeria has never operated more than six Aircraft out of eleven Aircraft. Air Nigeria do not have the money to fix these Aircrafts. Let anybody go and check now, some of the Aircraft and Engines have been grounded for the past one year.”
Mr. Nnorom even advised Nigerians who choose to take the risk of flying Air Nigeria not to eat or drink anything, pointing out that passengers have been poisoned because Air Nigeria serves bottled pure water, and that passengers have complained of being served “smelling waters.”
Mr. Nnorom further claimed in the petition that Mr. Ibrahim’s companies, including Air Nigeria, do not have tax clearance certificates. He listed the others as Global Fleet Oil & Gas, NICON Insurance, Nigeria RE-Insurance, NICON Properties Ltd, Nicon Luxury, Nicon Hotels Okitipupa, VGC & PHC, Newswatch Communications, Newswatch Daily and National Mirror.
“In Air Nigeria, just to renew expatriate resident permit, Bar Jimoh Ibrahim will instruct a vendor to forge all the tax clearance papers which is filed with the immigration.”
Mr. Nnorom alleges that Mr. Ibrahim:

• As the chairman of Air Nigeria, has diverted N5billion From a BOI aviation industry intervention loan Of N35.5billion granted last year by the federal government through the Central Bank of Nigeria into NICON INVESTMENT LTD;

• Diverted $18m Out Of $40m Afrixim federal government support of the aviation industry; with $26,969,505.63 diverted into Mr. Ibrahim’s acquisition of Energy Bank of Ghana;

• Diverted N10 billion released by the government through the office of the Accountant-General of Nigeria for the payment of pensioners into Nicon Insurance Plc released the sum of, with no pensioner being paid. Mr. Nnorom insisted that Mr. Ibrahim is trying to kill him, and attached his letter of resignation and subsequent acknowledgement by the CEO and FOREIGN LEASSORS to the petition. “On the SFU, recovery of $75,000 from me, I was never arrested, never invited by SFU, did not make any statement, I do not know how money was recovered from me,” he said. “I am ready to sponsor any person to come with me to SFU and show me my statement,” attributing the matter to Mr. Ibrahim’s “poor character of cheap blackmail.”
According to the former Executive Director, “Jimoh Ibrahim is after my life but if my death will save hundred Nigerian souls from plane crash and that is the will of GOD, my soul will be happy to meet my creator anytime.”
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Godmother(f): 8:13am On Jun 05, 2012
@Ismhab

You call someone a dangerous liar yet u re worse. No plan can fly with d doors open. I doubt if you have ever entered a plan before

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2012
angry
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by brabus(m): 8:52am On Jun 05, 2012
life_style: Me i don enter plane wey the engine nor gree start until them push am..

grin grin grin grin grin

You no try at all. Did you join them push?
Me don enter Boeing 747 plane wey the pilot and mechanic go find its part for Ladipo market.
The pilot said BMW 7 series part go fit work am. When them no quick get the part for Ladipo, I come help them call my friend for Trade Fair.

When they finished fixing the part, the pilot asked the hefty men among us to help push the plane. As the plane was about to start, na him I woke up.

I was actually dreaming!

Chanchangi Airline --- destination unknown

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by EmekaDopa(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2012
U wan die? no even try Air Nigeria at all. for now, Arik is d best!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by blank(f): 9:23am On Jun 05, 2012
And they were given airline of the year 2010.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2012
brabus:

grin grin grin grin grin

You no try at all. Did you join them push?
Me don enter Boeing 747 plane wey the pilot and mechanic go find its part for Ladipo market.
The pilot said BMW 7 series part go fit work am. When them no quick get the part for Ladipo, I come help them call my friend for Trade Fair.

When they finished fixing the part, the pilot asked the hefty men among us to help push the plane. As the plane was about to start, na him I woke up.

I was actually dreaming!

Chanchangi Airline --- destination unknown

You think say i dey joke abi ? nor worry...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by buJu234: 10:09am On Jun 05, 2012
so lets name the local airline not to fly with:-

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

which one again... plz tell me fast.

i jst booked aero to PH & Arik back to Lagos.

are they among? so that i can cancel them right now; its better to follow Chisco small buses and spend 8-12 hrs on d road plus paracetamol
than to fly with these local airlines that have little or no regard 4 human lives..

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by emmasege: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2012
Did u mean overland or overload?. Pls be very specific. For anyone who loves his life and his people, take note of the above-mentioned airlines. It's safest to fly arik for now!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by buJu234: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2012
@emmasege

sorry its overland.

thanks
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by babyboy3(m): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.

no plane would fly with the doors open

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2012
I wish the choppers are cheap. Man pikin for begin to save to buy one. What was a 22 yrs old plane doing in the skies. I hardly drive one car for 1yr without feeling ashamed, bunch of shameless maggot indies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.