Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47300 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jadesola7: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
I dont think Overland should be included in that list. I personally know those who run that airline and
their planes are flown to Paris, Yes FRANCE for maintenance very often. The owner even flies the planes himself many times, and
I am not sure captain Boyo (Overland owner) would be taking a risk with his life atleast once a week (he flies his passengers
very often).
The company, purposely, doesnt fly that many routes...just few routes that it can manage efficiently. Besides, their planes
are some of the cleanest and less noisy ones of all the local airlines. Perhaps, I am biased, so correct me if I am wrong...but u must have flown overland regularly for me to find you credible.
buJu-234:
so lets name the local airline not to fly with:-

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

which one again... plz tell me fast.

i jst booked aero to PH & Arik back to Lagos.

are they among? so that i can cancel them right now; its better to follow Chisco small buses and spend 8-12 hrs on d road plus paracetamol
than to fly with these local airlines that have little or no regard 4 human lives..
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by 2nkechi: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
it doesnt matter how expensive or safe u think a plane is. it only by the mercy of God, u can survive it. Again! it could have been any of us, Any part of the world.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by pdpiperpippen: 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Common sharap, how old is that 190 u are driving. Don't let disgrace u here o!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by temmy6996(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
A 22yr old plane does nt matter,wat matters most is d maintainance.d presidential jet of the US (airforce 1) was build in 1958 & its still in use.
LeoMax: I wish the choppers are cheap. Man pikin for begin to save to buy one. What was a 22 yrs old plane doing in the skies. I hardly drive one car for 1yr without feeling ashamed, bunch of shameless maggot indies
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jadesola7: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
what i just dont understand is how these ppl expect their businesses to survive if they
are flying half dead planes...its just not sustainable cutting corners especially deadly corners.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Av heard it yrs ago dt planes above 30yrs shld be replaced..so,22yr old plane means nothing,its just maintainance..hw old is d presidential jet?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Xbox1: 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
temmy6996: A 22yr old plane does nt matter,wat matters most is d maintainance.d presidential jet of the US (airforce 1) was build in 1958 & its still in use.

Bro u are wrong about airforce one, please check ur fact well
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Preppie: 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
What about FirstNation (former Bellview Airlines)? Any ideas or experiences with them?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by k2kay(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
eliment: i think am comfortable with my foot wagon cos my life is much more secure
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
Only God can help one and never about avoiding a particular airline.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Pukkah: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
niddamugu:

It is God that grants journey mercies. Even a plane on first test drive from factory could crash....

so why do you lock your doors before going to bed...afterall armed robbers could still break into a well-locked house?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Pukkah: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.

Haba! Why are you spreading lies and misinformation? Can a plane gain altitude with any part of its inside open?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by blayz0923: 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
temmy6996: A 22yr old plane does nt matter,wat matters most is d maintainance.d presidential jet of the US (airforce 1) was build in 1958 & its still in use.

i wonder if they know when the B-737-classics came into service. i like contructive arguments not cheap talks.

thanks for educatin d retard. i have been reading lots and loads of funny comments here and just imagine how ppl who make such stupid and malicious comments go about their normal life. i wish they read more and dont use their hand held devices for 2go, pings, badoo, et co.

i am an aviator and will continue to fly no matter wat. i nor dey suffer head market. something must surely kill a man.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2012

why are you like this,One Airforce 1 since 1958, this is what happens when you watch too much movies. Airforce 1 is not just one airplane, now they are about 3 of them and imagine if they are for just presidential movements then one can last for 40 yrs and still intact.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by niyitogun(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
gator_666: A 40 years old airplane, but well and properly maintained, is safer than brand new but not maintained at all one.

Source pls...any previous surveys on this, sample size, sample frame, level of significance that support flight of 40yr old commercial airplanes?.....*smh*
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by aginamuk: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
In the current United States presidential fleet, there are two Boeing VC-25As – specifically configured, highly customized Boeing 747-200B series airplanes - built in 1990. They are 22 years old and are scheduled to be replaced beginning 2017.
Source: Wikipedia contributors. "Air Force One." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 2 Jun. 2012. Web. 5 Jun. 2012.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by gator666: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
aginamuk: In the current United States presidential fleet, there are two Boeing VC-25As – specifically configured, highly customized Boeing 747-200B series airplanes - built in 1990. They are 22 years old and are scheduled to be replaced beginning 2017.
Source: Wikipedia contributors. "Air Force One." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 2 Jun. 2012. Web. 5 Jun. 2012.

Thanks for answering before I could.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by gator666: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
niyitogun:

Source pls...any previous surveys on this, sample size, sample frame, level of significance that support flight of 40yr old commercial airplanes?.....*smh*

I am the source, with over 8000 flight hours.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Bigeye1: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.
. Fly with doors open?? Its better to be mute when you dont know what to say....so disgracful

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ProfJYK(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
@Jadedola, Overland is quieter cos the use Prop engines. To b honest, going to Paris weekly (esp. with turbo/props) is not feasible as it would drain the resources of the airlines. the frequent checks A&B can b done in Naija or in d ECOWAS sub region. the six planes in the Overland fleet r all regional have ranges to b in excess of 600 miles(1000km). do you know how many layovers lie between lagos and paris at every 600mile interval? where is d profit? also turboprops don't need as much maintainance as jet engines.

well I stand to b corrects as you know Captain Boyo, I Don't and who knows, Captain Boyo might not b fully profit driven.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by igosee: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
Maybe na Molue you enter, No be Plane oooooh, You want kill me with laugh, you ar funny

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by pufectskin: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
But Prof, they were flown into naij, right? It is tru that those planes don't fly at high altitude, thus makes such long journeys uncomfy. But they certainly can fly to Paris.
Prof JYK: @Jadedola, Overland is quieter cos the use Prop engines. To b honest, going to Paris weekly (esp. with turbo/props) is not feasible as it would drain the resources of the airlines. the frequent checks A&B can b done in Naija or in d ECOWAS sub region. the six planes in the Overland fleet r all regional have ranges to b in excess of 600 miles(1000km). do you know how many layovers lie between lagos and paris at every 600mile interval? where is d profit? also turboprops don't need as much maintainance as jet engines.

well I stand to b corrects as you know Captain Boyo, I Don't and who knows, Captain Boyo might not b fully profit driven.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by pufectskin: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
They don't go to paris weekly; I believe its every 2 weeks or 2 months for service. But I am not entirely sure (but there is d number 2). Of course goin weekly wouldn't be competitive.
Prof JYK: @Jadedola, Overland is quieter cos the use Prop engines. To b honest, going to Paris weekly (esp. with turbo/props) is not feasible as it would drain the resources of the airlines. the frequent checks A&B can b done in Naija or in d ECOWAS sub region. the six planes in the Overland fleet r all regional have ranges to b in excess of 600 miles(1000km). do you know how many layovers lie between lagos and paris at every 600mile interval? where is d profit? also turboprops don't need as much maintainance as jet engines.

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by oliseh3: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
igosee:
Maybe na Molue you enter, No be Plane oooooh, You want kill me with laugh, you ar funny

1000 ways to die..... 9ja air ways has just been included. Anybody here who watches dat tv show is really real
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by laykhorn(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: I wish the choppers are cheap. Man pikin for begin to save to buy one. What was a 22 yrs old plane doing in the skies. I hardly drive one car for 1yr without feeling ashamed, bunch of shameless maggot indies
Planes are diffrent from cars.22yrs is not too old to use if maintained properly and serviced regularly. There are 40, 45 year old planes still flyin successfully all over the world. 50yrs is the max tym a plane uses in space
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by aginamuk: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nigeria as a country and Nigerians as a people all have a culture of non-maintenance. The 'as long as we can get it to work when it needs to' attitude needs to go away for progress to be made. It's so easy to point a finger at Dana and other airlines now owing to this recent tragedy but how many of u(s) service (o)ur air conditioners and cookers at home? This may shock you but air conditioners and cookers account for more deaths than airline crashes annually (over the last decade, over the last century and in fact since the history of the country sef). Change begins with YOU!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
aladesanmi: These stupid indians have turned Nigeria to a place where they can do whatever they like even in the manufacturing sector, God will punish them and they will all die like fowl.

Foreigners will be as good or bad as your laws and regulations permit them to be! Am sure those same Indians if transported to US and Europe will behave and conform very well to the rules over there.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by NorthSharp(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
gator_666: A 40 years old airplane, but well and properly maintained, is safer than brand new but not maintained at all one.

Neither is acceptable in a normal society where sanity and rule of law prevail; a 40-year plane, no matter how "well and properly maintained", would ordinarily have been scrapped, while the question of having a plane that is "brand new but not maintained at all" does not even arise in such a society!.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by mikey2fin: 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
So you would not have reveal the list of Nigerian Most DANGEROUS Airline if DANA Air had not Crashed? Or did you just finds out after the Crash?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
Flying CHANCHANGI is like signing a death warrant . Never again will i make such a silly mistake. Not too long i was in abuja for a 3 weeks course and after completion of the course i quickly rush to the airport to get a ticket , no arik , no euro and the only one avialable was CHANCHANGI .Immediately i boarded the flight, i new i was in great danger.Everything was just wrong. EVEN MOLUE I SWEAR IS FAR FAR BETTER THAN CHANCHANGI , PEOPLE WERE JUST SHOUTING JESUS! JESUS!! JESUS!!! and i could remember charley boy was seating by my side .I looked at him and he looked at me eye ball to eye ball .THE I REMEMBER JESUS SAID IT IS FINISHED .I QUICKLY SAID MY LAST PRAYER. HOW WE MANAGE TO LAND SAFELY IN LAGOS THAT DAY REMAIN A MIRACLE .I WILL NEVER AGAIN IN THIS LIFE OR NEXT EVER ATTEMPT TO FLY CHANCHANGI AGAIN.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by mikey2fin: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nigeria, China, Russia, India, Mexico. These are the Countries with Most Air Crash, Rail Crash Car Crash, Why because They are the Most Corrupt Countries in the whole World. If you Doubt me Check each of this mention Countries History of Corruption and Crashes
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ProfJYK(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
pufectskin: They don't go to paris weekly; I believe its every 2 weeks or 2 months for service. But I am not entirely sure (but there is d number 2). Of course goin weekly wouldn't be competitive.

thanks for pointing that out better. it is the repeated "very often" in @jadesola7's post that threw me off so I had to question taking 15-40 seater turboprops that seldom fly @ full capacity all the way to paris "very often". that doesn't leave much room for profit and might lead to greater corner cutting. well d captain could b a huge enthusiast who doesn't mind ploughing money from other biz into overland just to keep his birds in d sky. and yes, they were brought in but to fly within for profit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) / I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.