Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Do Human Clones Have Souls? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Human Clones Have Souls? (12765 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ceejayluv(m): 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind:

That is the exact process used to create dolly the sheep.

This is the process being used to create a lot of the cloned beef americans are eating today.
and don't 4get Eve, d 1st cloned human in 2002.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
It is possible to clone a human but you cannot clone a spirit or soul.

I think these oyibo people have tried cloning a human and they produced a monster - that is a human without a conscience, feelings, etc.

Likewise, when they cloned the sheep they had all sorts of problems - the sheep just aged at an accelerated rate and had all sorts of imperfections such as arthritus etc.

Human cloning is mad - man should not play God.

Here's more sh.i.t the white man gets up to in the name of science:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZThr3POlQ
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by richkids1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
smiley hahahahahah.

Please help him because he need guidelines.

ijawkid:

Ask d scientists who carried out d project.........

Hope those clones won't radiate some kinda cancer to us and then kill us.......lol
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
Why this style of questioning, establish some reference to start with instead.
1: What is a Soul
2: Can it be detected, if so,is it different from a Spirit or one's Consciousness
3: Has it been scientifically proven to exist? what is its purpose

Asking if Clones have souls is reaching rather far and grasping too little IMHO
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by gbadexy(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
This question has been bordering me for quite sometime now. I always wonder too.
However, I feel that the soul automatically enters any vessel that already have fully developed bodily function. Just like software on any complete computer set. Similar to what naija pagan said.
If not, why does cross bred species like alsatian dogs crossed between wolve and dog still behave naturally.
I think the soul is more like God's spirit automatically animating a fully developed physical body, including the brain and when their is breach or reduction in the optimal working capacity of the body,the soul automatically leaves.
But what confuses me is what part goes to heaven to give account of his deeds? And does man influenced or created being also give account to God?
This things are just to complex for us mortals and I know a supreme being created us, so when praying as a muslim, I make it known that it is my creator I am worshipping and that gives me comfort.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by bendazum: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind: Cloning a human being is no longer a science fiction fantasy. It is a reality.
Some scientists already claim to have cloned people. The techniques are well know and most animals from dog to cow to sheep to worms have already been cloned succesfully.
The question is, will the cloned human have its own soul or will it share the soul of the "parent"?
You seem to be watching so many films.Cloning a human being only exists in theory and unless you have hard evidence don't bring such issues for discussion.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
bendazum: You seem to be watching so many films.Cloning a human being only exists in theory and unless you have hard evidence don't bring such issues for discussion.

Even United Nations, all countries in the world and all religious authorities are discussing it and making laws about it.
How backward can nigerians get? Is it lack of electricity that is causing us this type of backwardness?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Ignatio(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
kingralph: Hello all
This is me first post on NL
NO. I dont think clones have souls cos they (clones) are not formed from the normal fusion of the male and female sex cells. I believe clones have a void in their spiritual make-up which can be filled by any spiritual entity...even demons. Small wonder why the pope has a particular interest in stemming the development of human cloning technology. There is this belief that the antichrist will be a clone!

How true is this? Anybody?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by SNCOQ3(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
No reliable source or reference from the poster. Should one be exercising is intellect on a rumour-like subject?

Anyway, there is a school of thought in christian circle which postulates that the Antichrist will be a cloned personage. I believe it because Satan is a master counterfeiter of God. Jesus Christ came into this world 'cloned' by the Holy Spirit in Mary. Satan will bring his 'son' into this world by cloning. Why? because the Sin Nature is transfered from the man to a child during the procreation process not the woman. To bring a sinless child into this world, the man must be circumvented(edit- a male partner must not be a part of the process).
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
ijawkid:

Ask d scientists who carried out d project.........

Hope those clones won't radiate some kinda cancer to us and then kill us.......lol
that was too shallow boss. Smh
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by cigie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
human clone is man-made. clone cannot have soul
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by maxman10(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
Answering to the general topic at hand "do human clones have souls?" I wonder down wthn me if this is an all round, all through atheistic post, which as usual tries to defend and strengthen the person's grave and gross disobedience and outrite rebellion to the law of nature (earth) put in place by God, nd therefore reafirmming hs gross nd disastrous unbelief in God.

A clonned human, as long as he shud live and posses breath, hs a soul. Bt ths cannot answer the question entirely in all it's intricacies nd depth, because e mortals cannot comprehend some entirely spiritual thns, lest we die. Bt we being gods shud be careful dt facts does not not lead us away from the truth, d truth whch is dat "we live by faith, nd faith alone" (those that believe).

For 'soul' is that presence in mind, in acts, deeds, words etc here in d thrd haven i.e. here on earth. For even a tiny ant posseses a soul (it's own kind of soul). Nd ths soul isnt shared, bt is unique, even if that body is alike to anothr body.

Here is a mystery; fallen angels, evil spirits nd commonly 'demons' can posses a body (be it d moons, stars, animals, nd humans etc), nd they'll live takn up that body's presence here. Clones dnt share souls, at all.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by milkymesh: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2012
Genesis say Adam became a living soul after God breathe into him the breath of life. What was Adam before breath of life? A non living soul. Even animals are said to have soul. I wonder were their soul goes to at death. Anyway, i believe soul is man, i.e soul+breath of life = Adam
The breath of life is like electricity, when power goes out your fan, tv etc stop functioning.
Man without breath of life(spirit) is just carcass. The goes back to God just the way the electrical power goes back to PHCN(NEPA)
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ablemicky(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
I laugh..louddd..funy i will say..if d cloning fin is true den guy dey are souless..too souless to be human..you just imagine yourself having two souls or 22 souls..you probably will be thinking like d rest,may be you were writting an exam and thinking of the answer n your clone was thinking of sex or having sex,u will get aroused in the exam hall banging the table probably..if the clones are hundred the person will eventually turn mad,it can work for animals maybe..i speak like a layman..it cant work for human.ask clone scientist to tell you three quarter truth..they probably will shock you..i cant fit laugh.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by phreakabit(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
I honestly don't think there are OFFICIALLY any human clones in existence (note officially) . . . I know a sheep was successfully cloned as far back as July 1996, and is late at the moment. But HUMANS are a whole new ball game (IMO). However, if empirically proven to be possible. I think it will only be logical to assume that these "clones" would be possessed by metaphysical beings.
- The views of a Christian science and technology enthusiast.

1 Like

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by SNCOQ3(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
^^^ I believe only one will be successful - The Antichrist. Possessed of the Devil. I have no doubt the guy is already around.

1 Like

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by phreakabit(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
SNCOQ3: ^^^ I believe only one will be successful - The Antichrist. Possessed of the Devil.

Liked your post, but believe me, there would be/ are numerous underground human cloning activities, and yes your guess is as good as mine who would be or is involved in this act, and to what end it is being done. . . . . Basing my claims on my imaginations, and reasoning faculty.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by SNCOQ3(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
^^^underground experiments have been going on for a long time. The world powers are involved.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by billyG(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
A clone has a soul b/c their are millions of souls waiting in the ethereal world to inhabit an empty physical bodies(without soul) also twin,triplets,quintiplets all have individual souls b/c of the above reason ,two soul inhabiting one body will lead to conflict(insanity)for the body the two souls will be struggling to command the body at the sametime imagine hearing one command run around naked ,another said dont do it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by agiboma(f): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ op what a question
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by crackhouse(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
I can see, this is a thread where all the aetheists in nairaland converge to confuse themselves. The likes of Logic mind, logicboy, evil brain, pagan 9ja, johndoe100 and so on.

1 Like

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by killuminati(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy: Logic Mind, the human clones are not out of thin air. They use human sperm and eggs to make those clones.

I dont believe in souls. If you believe in souls, then better be ready to believe in Shang Tsung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kZptthICw
lmaogrin Obuoy, your soul is minegrin hahahahagrin
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by begwong: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
sgsltd1: the easiest money on the planet , just click my sinature now now
are u a cloned scammer!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by slamstan(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
I need to go read more about cloning. Una wan scatter my head hia!!!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by killuminati(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
slamstan: I need to go read more about cloning. Una wan scatter my head hia!!!
are you sm*king crack?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by zangiff(m): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
@logicboy,i dey feel you.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2012
ceejayluv:
and don't 4get Eve, d 1st cloned human in 2002.
That is not verified. The only clone that is called Eve that I know is from the movie SPECIES.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 07, 2012
binger: There are no human clones! Ask reasonable,mature nd relevant questions...
How can you be definite? Just because you do not hear it in the news does not mean that there are none.
If you know just a fraction of serious research being done in secret you will almost die of wonder. That is a fact.

Most time we only hear what they want us to hear.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Tinyemeka(m): 1:15am On Jun 07, 2012
logicboy:

Fail....S.perm is needed. Try again

Go and read up the process of cloning. Perhaps what you unwittingly have in mind is In Vitro fertilization.

As for the OP's question, I believe the answer is yes. A clone is an "offspring" of a living human cell. Much the same way as the embryo (and by extension the baby or human) being a product of a s.perm cell and ovum. So clones also have souls.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by logicboy: 1:34am On Jun 07, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Go and read up the process of cloning. Perhaps what you unwittingly have in mind is In Vitro fertilization.

As for the OP's question, I believe the answer is yes. A clone is an "offspring" of a living human cell. Much the same way as the embryo (and by extension the baby or human) being a product of a s.perm cell and ovum. So clones also have souls.

Fool. Did you not see where I corrected myslef? Are you interested in cheap points?

Also for your information there is more than one way to clone human beings, one needing sperm

logicboy:

Kai, I stand corrected! As usual, you're always epic!

I knew only on process of cloning and not the one you mentioned.

Dolly the sheep was cloned from a cell of her meother and an embro of another. Your method is called Somatic cell nuclear transfer!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by NovusHomo(m): 3:02am On Jun 07, 2012
What about you, the "real" or the "non-cloned", do you have a "soul"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules / Are Curses Effective? / Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.