Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Do Human Clones Have Souls? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Human Clones Have Souls? (12763 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
NOBEL PRIZE WINNER PHYSICIST
MAX PLANCK: The well know Plank Constant in Quantum Physics.

This is what he said about Universe.

"A certain order prevails in our universe.
This order can be formulated in terms of
purposeful activity"

Pointing to the fact of creator for the creations.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ONLY-REBEL,SO IF ALL KNOWLEDGE AS YOU SAY COMES FROM GOD,THEN WHY DO YOU CHRISTIANS SAY THAT EVIL IS OF THE DEVIL.WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARD?SO AS YOU HAVE RIGHTLY SAID AND I AM QUOTING YOU,TELL ME AND TELL EVERYONE ON NAIRALAND,WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE THAT GOD EXISTS AND THAT THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD?REMEMBER THAT IT IS THE CHRISTIANS WHO COMPLAINED THAT HITLER TOOK JEWS TO THE GAS CHAMBER AND THE GUILLOTINE CHOPPED OFF HEADS DURING THE FRENCH REVOLUTION,THEN GOD SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR ALL OF IT FOR AS YOU SAID,ALL KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM HIM.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Benjamin Franklin(INVENTOR OF THE LIGHTENING ROD AND BIFOCAL GLASSES)-The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
MIND YOU MY LORD-GOD CREATES EVERYTHING FROM NOTHINGNESS WITH PERFECT ORDER AND FINE PRECISION. EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE AND IN WHATEVER REALM. I REITERATE.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
Arthur C. Clarke(INVENTOR OF THE COMMUNICATION SATELLITE)-I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sir Arthur C. Clarke-It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
Albert Einstein-Why do you write to me "God should punish the English"? I have no close connection to either one or the other. I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Albert Einstein-Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body(AFTERLIFE) seemS to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by drshrewd: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ only rebel if u'r a pastor i wouldn't envy your congregation cos u sound so unconvincing. are you deliberately avoiding my inquest?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by SNCOQ3(m): 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
David Attenborough-I often get letters, quite frequently, from people who say how they like the programs a lot, but I never give credit to the almighty power that created nature, to which I reply and say, "Well, it's funny that the people, when they say that this is of the almighty, always quote beautiful things, they always quote orchids and hummingbirds and butterflies and roses." But I always have to think too of a little boy sitting on the banks of a river in west Africa who has a worm boring through his eyeball, turning him blind before he's five years old, and I reply and say, "Well presumably the god you speak about created the worm as well," and now, I find that baffling to credit a merciful god with that action, and therefore it seems to me safer to show things that I know to be truth, truthful and factual, and allow people to make up their own minds about the moralities of this thing, or indeed the theology of this thing."
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
Benjamin Franklin-"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
Albert Einstein-It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
There is one thing God gives us that is not bequited to other creator, this is our reasoning-our will. This theatre called earth is a stage created by God to test which one of us is with the best conduct. We are human because we can choose what we want. The reason He has subjected the earth and other cosmic body for us to play with and think of why of the well-measured agreement in his creation. The reason you should ask physicist why it is easy for man to study other planetary body and universe as a whole. They will tell you is because our Solar System is at the rim of our Galaxy. All these are not coincedence but a well thought-out endeavours by a creator.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
Thomas Edison-I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God. So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake... Religion is all bunk.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sigmund Freud-The religions of mankind must be classed among the mass-delusions of this kind. No one, needless to say, who shares a delusion ever recognizes it as such.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sigmund Freud-"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
Baron D' Holbach-The ignorance of nature gave birth to gods; knowledge of nature is destined to destroy them.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
Alan Harvey-Religion is proof that we still aren't using our brains to their full potential.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
Catharina Martin-If the masses at church go to heaven, I wish to stay on Earth and burn when the apocalypse comes, for I would rather die an agonizing and painful death than spend the rest of eternity amongst ignorant people.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2012
Van Stootbek-The bible is a strange and confusing mix of childish fables,unspeakable violence and savagery,a whole heap of lies and alot of contradictions....definEtely not to be taken seriously by civiliZed peoples.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sebastian Faulks-When we have answered the last question, we will have no more need to dignify our ignorance with the name 'God'.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
Travis K.-Religion's greatest enemy has always been common sense.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ronnie Snow-Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2012
Émile Zola-Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
Alan Harvey-Every day the voice of atheism grows louder, more confident, backed by ever-increasing evidence, reason and logic. Every day the religious respond by sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "La!La!La!La!La!"
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
PETER MONTGOMERY-Show me a priest and I will show you a liar.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Tommy J., 1814-The whole history of these books [old & new testament] is so defective and doubtful -- evidence that parts have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
dr.shrewd:
@ only rebel if u'r a pastor i wouldn't envy your congregation cos u sound so unconvincing. are you deliberately avoiding my inquest?

I have be doing justice to your inquest as inquired.

In the first place, how does the Universe come into beign?

How does the life itself form?

How has the Life and Universe Agree so perfectly in undiscribable array of evidence we have known since the day of our Integrated Science to college physics.

When the Big-Bang theory was first propounded, the materialist/atheist kicked against it because it will counter their believe that universe came about by accident. They counter that if indeed there was Big-Bang, then the earth must be expanding. Then a great discovery by great scientist called Edwin Hubble came to the rescue. Edwin Hubble discovered that the universe was expanding. Eventually he found evidence of the "the Big Bang", a cataclysmic event whose discovery forced scientists to abandon the notion of an infinite and eternal universe. Then In 1915, Albert Einstein had concluded that the universe could not be static because of calculations based on his recently-discovered theory of relativity (thus anticipating the conclusions of Friedman and Lemaitre). Shocked by his findings, Einstein added a "cosmological constant" to his equations in order to make the answer
compatible with the atheist view, because astronomers assured him that the universe was static and there was no other way to make his equations match such a model. Years later, Einstein was to admit that his cosmological constant was the biggest mistake of his career.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Epicurus-If the gods listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are always praying for evil against one another.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Prof Uri Nassol-If all the Bibles and Korans in the world could be recycled into something more useful, like toilet paper or something, maybe this species would have a slightly better chance of long-term survival.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
The example of the peppered moth is a nice one for textbooks because it uses a single trait. Speciation involves many mutations leading to significant changes. The yellow bellied three-toed skink (Saiphos equalis) is a lizard of New South Wales, in Australia, that appears to be undergoing the change from laying eggs to live birth. Since these skinks can either lay eggs or give birth, it gives scientists the chance to study the adaptations necessary for live birth. Skink embryos encased in an egg have an extra source of calcium that the live born skinks lack. It turns out that this nutritional difference is made up by the mother secreting extra calcium for the young held inside her. This looks like the first step on the road to developing a system like the mammalian placenta. Skinks living on the coast tend to lay eggs, probably because the warm weather is predictable and sufficient for embryonic development. Those skinks living in the cooler mountains tend to give birth to live young, the mother’s body providing a more stable temperature. It is to be predicted that these two populations will at some point separate into different species as each population becomes fixed in its reproductive strategy.

This brings up a common question in creationists – If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes? Well, with the skinks we would see two species formed, an egg laying and a live birthing species. Each would be best suited for their habitat. If live birthing skinks evolved from egg layers, why are there still egg layers? Because each is adapted for its niche.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules / Are Curses Effective? / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.