Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp (1149 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by acidtalk: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
Seun don't allow you hunger for traffic lead to the incompetence and hatred for this site.

Over the couple of months you have been putting on the home page very sensitive News which at times are likely to lead to a break down of Law and Order in the Country.

Example; Your recent post stating the Clash between the Hausas and Yorubas in Yaba. Which turned out not to be true.

That was likely to cause uprising amongst different tribes across Nigeria you know?

Henchforth, Any news related stories should be verified before making the frontpage and if such a story is found to be false, then LOCK the thread.

Put the Safety and Security of Nigeria First before looking at attracting traffic to nairaland by posting false news.
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by NwaNimo1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
Nairaland does not claim to be a news agency - its posters are the main contributors and a good proportion of them are imbeciles.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by acidtalk: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Nairaland does not claim to be a news agency - its posters are the main contributors and a good proportion of them are imbeciles.

*laughing, rolling and dancing on the railings of 3rd mainland bridge* somebody should hold me so I don't fall into the lagoon.
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by snowdrops(m): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
OP has a point. Another example was the H.I.D Awolowo death story that also made front page then alas also turned out to be false.

Fact the threads are generated by registered users but it is the responsibility of the owner/moderators to determine what makes front page and police the forum.
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by acidtalk: 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
snowdrops: OP has a point. Another example was the H.I.D Awolowo death story that also made front page then alas also turned out to be false.

Fact the threads are generated by registered users but it is the responsibility of the owner/moderators to determine what makes front page and police the forum.

I personally complained and told them to have verified on the rumor of HID's death.

Well even though I know this isn't a political thread, but why the urgent spead to move it here??

Hmmmm!!! So that people won't start throwing in their observations too right?

God is watching your big head.
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
Did someone just call Nairalanders imbeciles?
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by sophy09: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
OP is on point. I passed the rumor of HID death to every Nigerian in my little town. They were horrified because the Dana air crash was few days before. Only for me to find out that it was not true. I had to inform my fellow nigerians about the false news.
Re: Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp by TheArbiter: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2012
Right on point OP.

Most of the people on the forum are attention seekers. But the moderators are not helping matters either. Some of them are too damn lazy.

Insistence on only posting news with links to reputable newslinks would be one solution.

The other is to view the posters history for accurate reporting. A score of 75% should be a confident margin for making the front page.

The last should be news accompanied by pictures, this stand on their own merits. However a caveat here, with photoshoped pics being a great danger, an internet search of posted news worthy pics should be a precaution.

A popular story takes just 15mins of search to verify on the web, while a lame one takes up to a day. Its better to get it right than shoot at shadows when it matters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Confronted My Troll / Scam Alert! / New Dangerous Practice Fast Spreading - Nigerians PLEASE Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.