Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University (17360 Views)

Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Robbers Storm Some Banks At Babcock University, Carted Away Lots of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by denny4ril: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
wink It takes less time to get a Ph.D outside naija than it takes to get first degree. Wonders never end
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pls are PHDs done in two years? Someone help me out.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by SaintChukz(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
maasoap: And when you wrote a particular semester exam and you scored "grin" in two courses. It means those Ds would not be recorded because if they're recorded, it would definitely affect your CGPA. Are you now telling me that if I write an exam and score 5 Ds but I'm allowed to rewrite it so that I can score As is not a fraud?
if i had that kind of opportunity to re-write my courses in the federal University i attended then i would have made a Super ist class with CGPA of maybe 5.45....abeg all these private universities na scam n high fraud...!
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
What type of a course is Business Information? See wayo of the highest order; that is how we continue to deceive ourselves in this Nigeria.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by member479760: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
life_style: Lecturers in Government Universities are sadist undecided

I have been on my Phd For over 20years now undecided sad undecided

Phd on what?
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by member479760: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
otokx: What type of a course is Business Information? See wayo of the highest order; that is how we continue to deceive ourselves in this Nigeria.

modern typist
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
Saint Chukz: if i had that kind of opportunity to re-write my courses in the federal University i attended then i would have made a Super ist class with CGPA of maybe 5.45....abeg all these private universities na scam n high fraud...!
5.45 out of the normal 5.0 abi? I dey feel you my brother grin, all these private uni dey make am be like say 5.0 na childs play.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by ZUBY77(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Congrats to her. Business info was an easy one anyway.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by TinTin18(f): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2012

Dude, if you've been trying to obtain a PhD for over 20 years, I think you should give up cause clearly, you're not up to it. Forget about Government Universities, PhD (research degree) is not for everyone. You most likely aren't playing to your strengths...
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by TinTin18(f): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
ZUBY77: Congrats to her. Business info was an easy one anyway.

If its an easy one, I challenge you to do it in less time...
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by TinTin18(f): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
jammyng: Pls are PHDs done in two years? Someone help me out.

possibly...
Here in England you're admitted to study for a PhD in 3 years... It might be possible to do it in less time if one started the research work at Masters level( which usually lasts a minimum of 1 year)... so lets say her PhD research was a continuation of what she did for her Masters, it would be possible to complete the write up and all in 2 years.

P.s
first year of Ph.D. here in England is spent gathering data, taking MSc modules that are relevant to the research work e.g. research methods, statistical packages (spss, stata, anova etc)-(ungraded), attending seminars and writing your proposal
second year: more literature work, attending more seminars, viva
third year: write up.

so it is possible.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by awesomebenji(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ozegbe: PhD is a credential, the question is what are her potential? what was her project and on what basis was she given the phd.?
IS PHD GIVEN WITHOUT A MERIT? U SOUND LYK AN ILLITERATE. MAYB U HAD 3RD CLASS DAT'S Y U DIDNT VALUE EXCELLENCE. LOL...
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Adagba1: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Na wa for private universities,66 1st class,over 1000 2nd class uppers,200 lowers,no 3rd class,no pass out of 1300 students? Haba!
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Gentiejag(f): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Really guys, most private schools are scams and high frauds but babcock is an exception. They do not dash first class in babcock university.

Because of the nonsense that people like most of you here are yarning, Babcock had to prune down the number of their first class graduates. But yet dullards would never accept that just because they ddnt make a 3.0 CGPA in their school does not mean that another person in another school can make a 4.92......smh

And as for the third class issue...no! Babcock would not graduate a third class talk less of a pass. If possible,they would make sure u rewrite all the courses from scratch, it helps them make higher profit..
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by otokx(m): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
awesome_benji:
IS PHD GIVEN WITHOUT A MERIT? U SOUND LYK AN ILLITERATE. MAYB U HAD 3RD CLASS DAT'S Y U DIDNT VALUE EXCELLENCE. LOL...

This is not excellence; this is washy
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by KDULAR: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good feat but I know of the daughter of a popular deceased politician from who became a Ph.D holder at the tender age of 22 years in Chemical Engineering at a renowned university in England
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by KDULAR: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good feat but I know of the daughter of a popular deceased politician from who became a Phd holder at the tender age of 22 years in Chemical Engineering at a renowned university in England
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 06, 2012
Revolva: Nigerians and over education still yet we can't produce a pin
Omo no be by phd jare na who whole plenty money dey talk for naija ooo make she know oooo

The question ought to be: what disciplines are you having your ph.d in? If you are getting your ph.ds in non engineering and science fields, most likely it is useless. Yes Nigerians can produce a pin: Biafra scientists and engineers did produce most of the weapons used. Research Professor Gordian Obuneme Ezekwe (1929-1997). He was the brain behind most of the Biafra inventions. Yes, Nigerians can produce pin if their ph.ds are in the right disciplines.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by MOBBDEEP: 12:49am On Jun 06, 2012
@ T22,
Yeah !, I was actually waiting for someone to make a comment concerning her corresponding corroborative superb academic performance as a Master's Graduate of UI. You were on-point on this one.
Albeit, this is just a unique, rare & isolated case of the correlative outcomes of Public tertiary institutions versus the Private ones. I think your critics have more & deeper insight into realities on ground in respect to the above.
A graduate/post-graduate student of a Public University ( especially the 1st & 2nd generation universities ) is more likely going to prove his/her mettles as regards academic prowess/standing compared to that of a Private universities provided of same grade.
After all, most of the candidates in Private universities ( undergrads ) are fall-outs of stiff competition at the cheaper Public universities.
I'll cite a close case for you. A distant cousin of mine & 1-yr older than me struggled for greater years to gain admission but could not because of her 'lil-below average' cognition. Luckily for her, her father,having ventured into 9ja-politricks & polithiefing and becoming crookedly successful, got her admitted to study Law at LeadCity University.
God is great & His ways are amazing & un-decipherable!!! While I was holding my fear that she'll be thrown-out at most by 3rd year, she caught me with surprise right from her 100-level by being among the academical-topshots of her class. She narrowly missed 1st-class.
I'm not God & I can't play Him, but down within me, I know my cousin is a 3rd class ranger of many of the 1st & 2nd gen Public tertiary educational institutions.
But this is not always the case. There are rare exceptions or what you can term oddities.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by tanimola22: 1:50am On Jun 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP: @ T22,
Yeah !, I was actually waiting for someone to make a comment concerning her corresponding corroborative superb academic performance as a Master's Graduate of UI. You were on-point on this one.
Albeit, this is just a unique, rare & isolated case of the correlative outcomes of Public tertiary institutions versus the Private ones. I think your critics have more & deeper insight into realities on ground in respect to the above.
A graduate/post-graduate student of a Public University ( especially the 1st & 2nd generation universities ) is more likely going to prove his/her mettles as regards academic prowess/standing compared to that of a Private universities provided of same grade.
After all, most of the candidates in Private universities ( undergrads ) are fall-outs of stiff competition at the cheaper Public universities.
I'll cite a close case for you. A distant cousin of mine & 1-yr older than me struggled for greater years to gain admission but could not because of her 'lil-below average' cognition. Luckily for her, her father,having ventured into 9ja-politricks & polithiefing and becoming crookedly successful, got her admitted to study Law at LeadCity University.
God is great & His ways are amazing & un-decipherable!!! While I was holding my fear that she'll be thrown-out at most by 3rd year, she caught me with surprise right from her 100-level by being among the academical-topshots of her class. She narrowly missed 1st-class.
I'm not God & I can't play Him, but down within me, I know my cousin is a 3rd class ranger of many of the 1st & 2nd gen Public tertiary educational institutions.
But this is not always the case. There are rare exceptions or what you can term oddities.

Good illustration. However, I fear my point has still not been gotten.

I am not talking about whether private schools are good or not, neither am I thinking about whether undergraduate courses at private schools are below par. I have no business with this. It is not my interest to discuss it. In fact, this is even evident from the way I clearly ignored the undergraduate GPA thingy and instead focused on my main interest, which is a lady who got a PhD at age 25.This remains the only thing I am talking about.

When her critics said this and that about her achievements, I went further to prove that the girl is well in the league of competitive graduates from some of our revered public universities, UI in this case. I concluded by saying that people should be treated individually. Till now, I have been talking about one young lady who got a PhD at the age of 25 and so it would be nice if the main issue at hand could be focused on.

Meanwhile, I still maintain that anyone who thinks this lady is fraud must also think UI is fraud. The same revered UI gave this lady almost a 7/7. Were public school graduates not there at UI when she came second in her Master's class? As I earlier said, we need to crucify people with very convincing reasons and when we see an exception to our preconceived notions, we need to recognize and acknowledge it.

T22
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by kehinde21(f): 2:29am On Jun 06, 2012

congrat!!!
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by tanimola22: 2:30am On Jun 06, 2012
akinnux: How manage? She bagged master degree in 2010 and Ph.D. in mid 2012. Was there no course work? Did she collect and analyse any data at all?

Hi,

Possible answers:

You know, the standards in UI are very high, I guess. So, it is possible for her to have successfully concluded the PhD course work during her master’s at UI (with the right grades too) and was exempted from retaking the same courses during her PhD at BU.

This is sometimes the case when your current university has immense trust in the previous university where you first did your graduate studies. It is no news that BU should hold anything UI in the highest possible esteem. In addition, if you do PhD research in the same area you did MSc thesis, then, depending on how well you mastered the MSc thesis topic, you are likely to finish the PhD in a short time. The process becomes even much simpler if you have a supervisor who is very vast in your research topic.

These are answers I formulated based on my experience.

T22.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Dansadaumallam(m): 3:54am On Jun 06, 2012
[quote author=crackhouse] if na govt university, they for hear am. By the time they get missing script three times, their body go change colour. Those lecturers are real enemies of progress.[/quote
Michael Okpara university of agriculture, Umudike is one university that has a great number of sadists for example 80% of Post Graduate(msc) who enrolled 2008,2009 are still struglling to take final exams despite graduating from that institute with 2:1. One Dr. Onyebinama of the Agric Economics Dept. Has turned most of her students to his personal slaves ...they mark his script,run home erreands for his wife,conduct research for him still he is busy holding down more.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Fin9(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2012
Eagles man: that should be their school age,I guess.their real age is above that.
school age? Football age. Lol
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Fin9(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2012
KDULAR: Good feat but I know of the daughter of a popular deceased politician from who became a Ph.D holder at the tender age of 22 years in Chemical Engineering at a renowned university in England
Names please? Not hearsay.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by lifestyle1(m): 8:24am On Jun 06, 2012
kehinde21: congrat!!!

Young man, don't ridicule me... angry
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by lifestyle1(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2012
TinTin18:

Dude, if you've been trying to obtain a PhD for over 20 years, I think you should give up cause clearly, you're not up to it. Forget about Government Universities, PhD (research degree) is not for everyone. You most likely aren't playing to your strengths...

I can't believe you are asking me to quit after going this far angry

@ bold, And I hope you are not trying to insult me undecided
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Arysexy(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2012
d best student dat read law and graduated at 20, how old was he when he entered the school? i tot law is a five years course and min age for admission into any higher institution in naija is 16? undecided
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2012
Arysexy: d best student dat read law and graduated at 20, how old was he when he entered the school? i tot law is a five years course and min age for admission into any higher institution in naija is 16? undecided
16? Where did u get that info from, and don't mention JAMB brochure... It seems u ve not visited them private uni of late, there are kids far below 16 there
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by flairlady(f): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2012
ogbeche77:
16? Where did u get that info from, and don't mention JAMB brochure... It seems u ve not visited them private uni of late, there are kids far below 16 there
it is on the babcock university website,students below the age of 16yrs need not apply.
Re: 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University by flairlady(f): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2012
Arysexy: d best student dat read law and graduated at 20, how old was he when he entered the school? i tot law is a five years course and min age for admission into any higher institution in naija is 16? undecided
it is possible to get admission to study a five year course at 16yrs and graduate at 20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN / How UNILAG’s Draconian Rule Threw Faculty Of Law Into Electoral Chaos / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.