Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN (10413 Views)

Three Soldiers Killed In Abonnema Rivers State / President Jonathan’s DSS Bodyguards Hospitalized After Bauchi Attackby APC THUGS / Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2012
THE Bauchi State chapter of the Christian Association has accused soldiers of killing worshippers after a suicide bombers attacked the Living Faith Church and Harvest Field Church on Sunday.

CAN also disputed the casualty figure given by the police in last Sunday’s suicide bombing that occurred at Living Faith and Harvest field churches in Yelwa area of Bauchi metropolis.

While the police put the casualty figure at 12, CAN said no fewer than 20 people died in the incident.

He alleged that the police did not take into account the eight people who were shot by soldiers.

The association also said 42 sustained injuries following the suicide bomb attack

Addressing a press conference in Bauchi on Monday, the state CAN chairman, Rev Lawi Pokti said, “Out of 20 people that were confirmed dead, 12 died as a result of bomb blast while eight were shot dead by the military who went to the blast site to maintain law and order.

“Fourty five persons have been confirmed wounded out of which 25 were injured by bomb blast while 20 sustained various degrees of injuries from the gun shots from the military.

“We condemn in strong term this dastardly act and see it as evil and satanic excited by devilish terrorist who paraded themselves under the canopy of Islam. We strongly declare it as a crime against humanity.”

He added, “As much as the Christian church appreciates the efforts of the Government in quick response to the site of the incident and the prompt attention given to the wounded by taken them to the teaching hospital for emergency help, we however condemn in strong terms the extra judicial killings. Women and children sustained various degrees of injuries from the military bullets. As far as a civilised world is concerned, we see this act as extra judicial killing and unfortunate worthy of all remorse by the Nigerian Army.

Pokti said the security operatives had no moral and ethical justification to open fire on the women and youth, who came out to mourn their slain loved ones adding.

“The Nigerian Army should claim full responsibility and also compensate all the victims of this extra judicial killings,” he said.

Meanwhile, the umbrella body of Muslims, Jama’atu Nasril Islam(I)and the Christian Association of Nigeria in the North, in Kaduna on Monday condemned the bomb blast on two Churches in Bauchi on Sunday which claimed 12 lives and the destruction of properties.

While the Northern CAN described the attacks on the Churches as barbaric, satanic,evil and unacceptable to Christians and any sound mind, the JNI in reaction to the incident said the attack on the two worship places was unacceptable, saying any attack on worship places was against the tenets of Islam.

The Public Relations Officers of the Christian body, Mr. Sunday Oibe, in a statement commended the efforts of the Federal Government and security agencies at stamping out terrorism and in particular the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-killed-eight-churchgoers-after-bauchi-bombing-can/
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 05, 2012
It is a field day.

If escape the bomb of the Jihardists, you might fall for the bullets of those that on salary to protect us.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2012
Not to forget that we have Jihadists in the Nigerian Army.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Arosa(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
have the MP arrested the daft soldiers involved in the shooting?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by alahamad(m): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa: have the MP arrested the daft soldiers involved in the shooting?

Mopol....arrest soldiers....your joking right?....like seriously u for real or high on somfin?....

@OP....may their souls rest in Peace....Allah will judge
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by pdpiperpippen: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
The army came to finish wot boko haram started.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by tidytim: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
al-ahamad:

Mopol....arrest soldiers....your joking right?....like seriously u for real or high on somfin?....

MP stands for Military Police , Duh !!!

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Emmy9ite(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
The police and the press are always telling us lies about the number of deaths and casualties.. The formula is X multiplied by 5, where X is the number death reported..thus, 11 x 5 = 55 people died on sunday..
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Xbox1: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

grin grin grin grin Why u just fall the guy hand na

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

cheesy cheesy cheesy kai why u fall this Aboki hand, for him level MP = MO-POL, grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by lacum: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
may their souls rest in peace
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Arosa(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

Thanks tidytim, for a moment there I thought that I was in a kindergarten class. MP is indeed military police grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Beaf: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
May the souls of the dead RIP. Something really needs to be done about the training of our security services. It is understandable that the troops would have been on edge at the suicide bombing scene, but how do they go and shoot the already traumatised victims? Not one, but eight!

al-ahamad:

Another loudmouthed low IQ bites the dust. embarassed

tidytim:

Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!!
Unu go wound pesin o! grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by lutherking1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
The Public Relations Officers of the Christian body, Mr. Sunday Oibe, in a statement commended the efforts of the Federal Government and security agencies at stamping out terrorism and in particular the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria.

what did Mr. Sunday Oibe smoked before making the above statement?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Things fall apart

Lovely fresh air
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by sylve11: 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
al-ahamad:

tidytim:

i love this conversation. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by maclatunji: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

LOL, there are some things that you might not quickly figure-out if you live in Nigeria. 'MP' is one of them, you will not believe the amount of mass misinformation that thrives here. The one that had me giving-up was the "Acid rain" debacle- I was at the bus stop and all of a sudden people started running all-over-the-place. I thought: "What is the problem?" Then realising that it was only I and a girl that were left standing. I realised that people where running from the rain which had began to drizzle- they did not want to be burnt by the 'acid' in 'acid rain'.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Kakability(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Compensation my foot, if u are not yusuf u can neva be compensated for xtra judicial killings. Which way nigeria
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by tit(f): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
I had always thought the NA called its Military Police : "RP" not "MP"
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by MahatmaGhandi: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
The government and indeed the world including some so called christain leaders maintains silence and some times hypocritic utterances despite the atrocities being perpetrated by these boko jihadists. Their elites instigate and indeed wait for their sons to attack and maim innocent worshippers right in their worship centres and homes so they can afterwards condemn the actions,the bible I know warns against vengeance and it is on this assurance that these misguided cowards carry out their evil deeds.I cannot say it will be today,tomorrow or even the day after but I know for sure that one day enough will be enough and all this nonsense will be settled once and for all and on that day I pray who ever will pass judgement will do so bearing in mind the longsuffering of the church. No offence but if the elites of islam were truly against these boko boys seeing the damages they have done a fatua would have been declared on them this is how I see it correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Toktee(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
al-ahamad:

guy,mp is nt mopol but miliary police,take note
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by lacasa: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
if the bombs dnt kill ya, the bullets will
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by calabaman(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
In defence of Ahamad MP also stands for Mobile police or Mopol. But i guess in this case it just didnt occur to him that what was implied here was Military police. .abeg make we free am
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Myself2(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
al-ahamad:

Beaf:
Another loudmouthed low IQ bites the dust. embarassed

Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!!
Unu go wound pesin o! grin grin grin

CHESSBOARD:
cheesy cheesy cheesy kai why u fall this Aboki hand, for him level MP = MO-POL, grin grin grin

ROTFLMFAO

The aboki wan feel b4

@ Beaf
Bros you harsh die cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by ak47mann(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
Well,Actually it's about freedom of speech. I don't like seeing our church burned but I wouldn't do anything to someone who did that. We don't tolerate people being killed over a cartoon and election in Nigeria couple with hatred cool christian should live northern nigeria especially igbos because you will die like a rat cool
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by oliseh3: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
undecidedcan anytin good 4 once com out of dis great country called 9jacan anytin good 4 once com out of dis great country called 9jacan anytin good 4 once com out of dis great country called 9ja
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by ebamma(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
dem be military-haram now,them wan go collect their pension from bokoharam.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by INFO70: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
GEJ continue to sleep. One day U will wake and see nobody to rule. After soliders and Boko Haram might have finished killing the citizens

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by crackhouse(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

military police and soldier no be the same thing Mr. Man. Military police dey go war?. Abi dem receive the same training?.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by Ricdave(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
From everybody's reply, ¡ can sεε that we have gotten so angry to the point of making jokes out of tragedy...¡ Had to even laugh, but someone probably an NYSC member or otherwise must be crying somewhere ιη pains. Go through the pictures and see how body parts ѡεre scattered... I CURSE BOKO HARAM IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH. Who will join me to say amen!!
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by crackhouse(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
tidytim:

military police and soldier no be the same thing Mr. Man. Military police dey go war?. Abi dem receive the same training with soldiers?.
Re: Soldiers Killed Eight Churchgoers After Bauchi Bombing – CAN by lafuria1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
When the muslims in the north complained abt the extrajudicial killing of innocent pple, they said army shld kill dem all. Now d army has taken their madnes to church goers u guys are complaining. We know d army, no one calls them to order.
I can't forget this popular phrase, we kill everything both moving and non moving. That's their motto.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B’haram May Be Hiding Chibok Girls In Bunkers – Shettima / Fraudsters Are Defrauding Nigerians With Our Name-Chibok Girls / Court Of Appeal: Okada Ban In Lagos State Stays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.