Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Ondo Poly To Rufus Giwa Poly And - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Poly To Rufus Giwa Poly And (1104 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Poly To Rufus Giwa Poly And by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
it happened in 2003 when i got admission into ondo state polytechnic owo. We woke up one morning to realise that our school's name has been changed to Rufus Giwa polytechnic owo. We protested and blocked the owo-benin expressway and was still dispossesing people of the buses to go to goverment house akure to register our grieviances before anti-riot policemen moved in. I was very lucky not to have been arrested thanks to bush beside the road where i hid myself. I was less than 3 meters away from the police from my hiding place. I thank God they did see me. Some of our students were arrested and taking to SID akure, and each eventually bailed with N5000. This thing happened in june/july and the Segun Agagu led government had to close down the school for closed to 3 months. We resumed in september 29 of that year thereby losing a whole session. When we resumed we where asked to go to a magistrate court in owo town and swear to an oath to be a law abiding students. We did but LOST A WHOLE SESSION. So my advice to the MAULAG students is; forget about the name change and continue with your education.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Approves New Housing Policy For Nigerians / The Scramble For Nigeria's Power Sector- Opportunities And Challenges / What Is Your Response When A Nigerian Or Foreigner Asked You "Where You From"..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.