Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2721 Views)

Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims / Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Shinor(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
[b]Copied from http://dimokokorkusstella..co.uk/2012/06/did-presidential-jet-conveying-mrs.html

I just received this -

"Is there any way of getting confirmation about news I'm just getting that the Dana plane was distressed for a while but could not make an emergency landing because the airspace was closed for 2 hours for the Presidential Jet carrying Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

Private jet owners who had to hover in the air same time leaked this. This was apparently the reason local news didn't report the crash for so long till CNN and foreign news stations started reporting it.

Local news was 'blacked out' trying to kill the story of the airspace being closed while a distressed plane couldn't land.

It would be shocking if so. Though there was engine failure there was still time for the plane to have landed apparently.

You do know anyway that the airspace is closed for up to 2hours each time the Presidential Jet needs to go into the air? 2 hours for a 15minute take off or landing!

And this jet is used by President, VP, President's wife and if I recall David Mark.

It's almost a daily occurrence I've been told by airline staff when it caught me out on a trip

The truth remains that the President's wife was actually in Lagos to attend the christening of their personal assistant's child at the Oriental hotel.. Lekki. Anyone living on the Lekki axis saw first hand the horrendous traffic caused by the president's wife's visit..and confirmed reports from airport staff who volunteered information, collaborated this fact, that the Lagos airport was actually shut for 2 hours, about the same time the ill fated Dana Plane crashed. This also strongly explains the reason why Aero contractor airplane could not depart Abuja for Lagos at 3:40pm because of the closure of the Lagos airport. This is criminal and one can only imagine the deep sorrow ad-in-finitum (without limit) that the families of these unfortunate Nigerians and other nationals are currently plagued into. Grief that is so thick in the air, that one can cut through with a knife...rooted soul searching. Yes we have to and yes we can; beginning from our immediate homes and While we pray for the repose of the souls of the departed, we need as a nation to thoroughly do some deep ommunities.. with time this will snowball into our National consciousness. For how long are we going to sacrifice the lives of our dear brothers and sisters and by extension mortgage the future of their/our children, just for the comfort of our leaders? For a 15 minutes ritual of plane take-off, an airport was shut for 2 hours because our "DEAR FIRST LADY" was scheduled to return to Abuja.. OH merciful God, help Nigeria in Distress!''

NIgerians need to know what happened?who closed the airstrip for two hours on sunday june 3,2012?[/b]
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
I saw it also on someone's facebook timeline,can people living in Lekki confirm this event? sadly,there's nothing we can do even if it is true, we are a mess,group of complacent individuals called citizens of Nigeria.last month it was Warri, now Lagos for the second time this year?
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by naijaking1: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
Politics by rumor mongering, lots of false, damaging, opportunistic, and beer-parlour folk tales. Shame!!!
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
It is all lies you can also confirm from nigerian airspace authority an aero aircraft also landed after the dana aircraft crashed, it was also said that the dana aircraft was also given priority landed have it gave its may day signal to the tower.
All this are political fabrications.

1 Like

Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Shinor(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
walton1: It is all lies you can also confirm from nigerian airspace authority an aero aircraft also landed after the dana aircraft crashed, it was also said that the dana aircraft was also given priority landed have it gave its may day signal to the tower.
All this are political fabrications.
Thanks Walton. That's why we put it out in the open so we can debunk any lies associated with the story. I don't believe this story to be representative of the events.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
^ mister, what nonsense are you saying? You are talking of AFTER when we are saying BEFORE!
Eyewitness accounts strongly suggest op's post is legit. People in the area said the plane was flying round in circles for hours!
For the love of God, let them impeach this man, i cant bear it anymore.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by nuclearboy(m): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
^^

Impeachment is somewhat extreme!

But it is true that eye-witnesses say the plane kept circling and that foreign media were first to report the story even though it happened in the lap of Lagos!
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Shinor(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
@Bobo Yekini.The only way to find out is to get the departure time from Abuja and the crash time. A normal flight from Abj to Lag is about 50-60 minutes. If we arrive at 1:30 minutes or 2:00 hours then this story might be true. There's no need to insult people who have posted their responses. Instead we need to investigate their claims thoroughly
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Googler(m): 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
nuclearboy: ^^

Impeachment is somewhat extreme!

But [b]it is true that eye-witnesses say the plane kept circling [/b]and that foreign media were first to report the story even though it happened in the lap of Lagos!
I'm hearing bolded for the first time in this thread. And I have read countless accounts in newspapers and listened to quite a number on the BBC.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
ok,
Now the crash occured around 4pm.
i dont know the time of take-off, but there's a picture on one of the threads of a girl's bbm update saying they were just leaving abuja, time on the bbm should give us a pretty clear idea of take-off time. I'm still searching for that picture, will update immediately i get it.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
Googler:
I'm hearing bolded for the first time in this thread. And I have read countless accounts in newspapers and listened to quite a number on the BBC.
I read that early on in the initial crash thread. struck a chord, but i guess it was glossed over in the heat
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Googler(m): 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
BoboYekini:
I read that early on in the initial crash thread. struck a chord, but i guess it was glossed over in the heat

I read that tread and I didn't see it. Can you copy and paste it? But I'm keeping an open mind about this. Let's hope the truth comes out.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by nuclearboy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
That was "Richie Boi's" thread titled "we lost a sister etc". Very sad thread!

Will search for it now but there should be a better source for when the plane left Abujat
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by MrGlobe(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
Damn! GEJ ever distance himself from sad news and death? And we need to bring the first lady to order. She seems to be going to lagos everyday these days. This crash always makes me sober whenever it comes on. Let the news and details come out.
#occupytheblackbox
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
Please think logically, why didn't dana airline make a statement that there aircraft was circling around due to no presidential closing of the airspace. It could have been a defense by them. Saying there aviation fuel finish and then it crash.
THINK BEFORE YOU MAKE A STATEMENT.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by MrGlobe(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
^
dont tell me you are stup¡d! Even if its true dana cannot make such statement or else the will find themselve in deep trouble with the presidency. They can only leak the info to 3rd parties
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
Before an aircraft leaves an airport there is a communiction between the two airports, before it leaves abuja it is also annonced in lagos that that the flight will be expected at a certain time.
THINK BEFORE YOU MAKE A STATEMENT.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Pennywise(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
@Walton1, Pls get out

@OP The question is, is this standard practice? What is the basis or the rationale behind it. Is this act acceptable tolerated in the developed world we try to emulate? Lets not forget that even the British prime minister has no designated aircraft provided for his use as wealthy as that nation is.

If this is true then Jonathan and his immediate family will have to take personal responsibility for this disaster and mass murder
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by ebamma(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
will u let the dead bury the dead first,before u start your pepper soup and beer parlour rumours.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by nateevs(m): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
Okay! I initiated a message on blackberry about a hour ago asking people to forward a message confirming when the flight took off. I just received a message stating the flight departed at 2pm. If this is correct, then the flight should have landed just before 3pm. however, I received the message of the crash at past 4.35pm which is around the time the plane supposedly crashed. That's at least over 1hr and 30mins beyond landing time.

It would be of help if anyone can corroborate the fact that the plane indeed took off at 2pm.
If true, then that's one more step towards the truth.

I posted this in the afternoon. Can anyone confirm that the plane did take off at 2pm?
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by jamesyins(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
People are looking for every excuse to blame it on someone, the bottom line is the plane was not in good to condition to fly.

Even if it had a landed at the airport in time, it was an accident waiting to happen.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
there you are.
I've heard reports, albeit not first-hand, that the plane circled for a long time before finally crashing! If you've ever been to that agege area, you'll know there's no way this news would be fabricated. Planes fly low over in their run-in to land at the airport nearby, and people had gathered to watch and wonder why this one was circling. This is a simple open and shut case, true or false, so if we have any witnesses in the agege area, pls speak up!
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
jamesyins: People are looking for every excuse to blame it on someone, the bottom line is the plane was not in good to condition to fly.

Even if it had a landed at the airport in time, it was an accident waiting to happen.

And you know this how?
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
of course truth will out. Just a matter of time
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
dId you confirm if dame patience was in lagos yesterday, you have to think logically before you make a statement if you are ignorant of the facts ask questions.
Pennywise: @Walton1, Pls get out

@OP The question is, is this standard practice? What is the basis or the rationale behind it. Is this act acceptable tolerated in the developed world we try to emulate? Lets not forget that even the British prime minister has no designated aircraft provided for his use as wealthy as that nation is.

If this is true then Jonathan and his immediate family will have to take personal responsibility for this disaster and mass murder
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
if an airspace is close •̸№ flight can land not even if presidential aircraft is in the airspace it will need the approval of the tower to land unless the aircraft is at risk.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by 2good(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
I strongly believe the walton1 guy is on point. In as much as I dislike GEJ, it is still not a good reason to propagate wrong news to the public. As far as I know about the aviation industry as a frequent flyer, before flight departure you know when you are going to land and all things being equal, the difference in time is not usually more than + or - 10mins. No president will keep people roaming an airspace just because his wife want to leave the airport 2hrs later. Also airport is not like road that can be closed down because of the presence of a dignitary. Alot of influential people fly all the time that it will be an insult to keep them waiting because of a first lady who is just a figurehead in government. This information is not good for the public and certainly not what we need now.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by tpia5: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
GEJ ever distance himself from sad news and death?

this egbesu cult that seems to be affiliated with him- is it a death cult?

And we need to bring the first lady to order. She seems to be going to lagos everyday these days.

i was wondering why she spends so much time in lagos.

is something scaring her in abuja or is something going on in lagos?

but if she feels uneasy in abuja, i'd expect her to be more comfortable in port harcourt since i'm not aware she used to spend a lot of time in lagos before moving to aso rock.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
2good, for your information IN NIGERIA airspaces are regularly closed for presidential invasion. That's by the way. Maybe i was hasty in castigating GEj, prove me foolish by posting the TRUTH here. Well, I know when the heat becomes too much for Dana airlines, they will leak facts, not exonerating the shysters one little bit, but if there's blame to be shared lets share it to ALL culpable. Enough is enough.
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by MrGlobe(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
I just confirmed Patience Jonathan was actually in Lagos on the said date. Story is begining to develop. We must help our God forsaken, good for nothing journalists do their job.

http://newsacross.com/patience-jonathan-calls-for-peaceful-coexistence

SMH at the bastardized Nation!
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by walton1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dame patience was in lagos that day but didn't arrive that day http:///F7ZUX4Sv
Re: Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? by MrGlobe(m): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
tpia@:

this egbesu cult that seems to be affiliated with him- is it a death cult?
i was wondering why she spends so much time in lagos.
is something scaring her in abuja or is something going on in lagos?

but if she feels uneasy in abuja, i'd expect her to be more comfortable in port harcourt since i'm not aware she used to spend a lot of time in lagos before moving to aso rock.
Lol. Its actually otuoke in Bayelsa not Port Harcourt where she spends time with fellow village women but you know the excitement of boarding a jet. And I heard Jonathan is Olumba Olumba! Its been death on deaths anywhere he goes, even in his presidential campaign in portharcourt. The sad thing is, its been mass deaths!

(1) (2) (Reply)

First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! / Nigerian Army Declared Shekau Dead. / How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.