Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins (18406 Views)

Private Jet Parking For Vip's Who Flew In To Watch The Mayweather-pacquiao Fight / Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Airspace & Delayed Landing For 30 Mins / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
and the madness in the aviation sector continues. . .

The lawyer claims his Arik Air flight was delayed landing in Abuja for 30 minutes
Article | June 21, 2012 - 5:31pm | By Chidi Okoye
Falana wants to know who kept him in the air.

Popular lawyer and human rights activist, Femi Falana, has demanded that the federal government reveal the identity of the VIP whose movement caused a partial closure of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, last Tuesday.

Falana, who was on an Arik Air Flight W3 271, said the plane stayed in the air for an extra 30 minutes after it approached Abuja from Lagos because the airspace was closed.

“Having regards to the June 3, 2012 Dana plane crash in Lagos, which killed all the 153 passengers and crew on board, as well as 10 other persons in their homes, I was subjected to unwarranted mental and psychological torture,” he said. “Most other passengers on board were equally traumatised as the Arik plane was forced to hover in the air for 25 minutes.

When the plane eventually landed, I was reliably informed that there had been a restriction of movement at the airport for over one hour. In the process, the fundamental right of hundreds of people to freedom of movement was violated by the airport authorities at the instance of the said Very Important Personality.”

In a letter he sent to the Ministry of Aviation, Falana demanded to know the identity of the said VIP so as to enable him institute legal action against the person. “In the light of the foregoing I am compelled to request you to furnish me with the name of the said Very Important Personality to enable me to sue him for endangering the lives of over 150 passengers,” the letter read.

This request, he said, is made pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, 2011 which has imposed a duty on all public officers to make requested information available to members of the public.

“Take notice; that if you fail or refuse to accede to my request within seven days of the receipt of this letter, I shall not hesitate to apply for an order of mandamus at the Federal High Court with a view to compelling you to disclose the identity of the said Very Important Personality forthwith,” he stated.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/falani-demands-identity-vip-who-closed-airspace

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
bump
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by RichDad1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hope FAAN and NCAA will be bold enough to release these names undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2012
This practise must stop. I pray and hope Falana executes this case to a logical conclusion.
besides i am suspecting the retardeen. It was around this time he was getting ready i guess to go to samba land.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by str8talk1: 9:34am On Jun 22, 2012
Let's call a spade a spade.
GEJ's govt. is d most inept,corrupt,mindless,greedy enterprise we hv ever witness in Nigeria.
He has amount 2 d biggest clown of d millenium.

23 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2012
When will this craziness stop for crying out loud. Why should a whole airport be closed down for one 1diot who has no regard for human life. Ara ga gba kwa ndi ara naa obodo a.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by akereconfi: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2012
I guess it was UMARU returning from Saudi Arabia in Grand Style

2 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Muttex(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2012
@op, it is FALANA and not FALANI pls.......
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by PresGEJ(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2012
Fellow Nigerians,

Greetings from Brazil.

It wasn't me oh! I was already on my way to Rio De Janeiro when this happened - Come to think of it; they didn't even close the airport for me!!!

I suspect THE CABAL. They all have private jets, you know.

I will ensure the airport is closed when I return. How can these small-small boys, without PhDs and bowler hats, get preferential treatment over Mr. President? Rubbish.

PS: I didn't know Femi Falana is afraid to die o, with all his big mouth!

PSS: @OP, you can't even spell F-a-l-a-n-a! Shame. If you're from UNN, don't worry, you will soon become OOU - Odumegbu Ojukwu University.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido.

24 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2012
str8_talk: Let's call a spade a spade.
GEJ's govt. is d most inept,corrupt,mindless,greedy enterprise we hv ever witness in Nigeria.
He has amount 2 d biggest clown of d millenium.

Since we are calling spades by there real name now, let me also take this opportuinity to call you by yours; An I'mbecile..

3 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Kolababa: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2012
It has been the practice of GEJ and his wife to be closing down the air space whenever they are travelling at least an hour to their departure. I work in the airport and I see what is happening there.
This inhuman practice must stop.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by 9zeros(m): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2012
PresGEJ: Fellow Nigerians,

Greetings from Brazil.

It wasn't me oh! I was already on my way to Rio De Janeiro when this happened - Come to think of it; they didn't even close the airport for me!!!

I will ensure the airport is closed when I return. How can these small-small boys, without PhDs and bowler hats, get preferential treatment over Mr. President? Rubbish.

PSS: @OP, you can't even spell F-a-l-a-n-a! Shame. If you're from UNN, don't worry, you will soon become OOU - Odumegbu Ojukwu University.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido.
GEJ, is dat u?
so u cant even spell 'ODUMEGWU'?. indeed, u're supposed to be a fisherman.

8 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by oddy4real(m): 10:43am On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Since we are calling spades by there real name now, let me also take this opportuinity to call you by yours; An I'mbecile..
Don't mind him. All those names he called GEJ are for his father that nobody knows.
And by the way, GEJ isn't in Nigeria and so whoever should blame him for this is a dumbo

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by ismhab(m): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2012
NA PATIENT EBELE JONATHAN, WITH HER HUBBY AND WITH MORE THAN 160 DELEGATE, GOING TO BRAZIL FOR EARTH SUMMIT, WHILE OUR OWN EARTH IN KADUNA AND YOBE ARE IN TROUBLE.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by juman(m): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2012
This kind of senseless and crazy attitude must be stopped.

They want to kill more people. Why are they closing the airspace. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by oddy4real(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2012
Kolababa: It has been the practice of GEJ and his wife to be closing down the air space whenever they are travelling at least an hour to their departure. I work in the airport and I see what is happening there.
would you just hold it! It is the practice everywhere in the world that whenever there is VIP movement in the airport, then no other plane can land. Go and ask if another plane can land in the USA if Obama is landing. And this didn't start with GEJ. U don't have to find a way to link him to every imbroglio

2 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2012
PresGEJ: Fellow Nigerians,

Greetings from Brazil.

PSS:[b] @OP, you can't even spell F-a-l-a-n-a! Shame
. If you're from UNN, don't worry, you will soon become OOU - Odumegbu Ojukwu University.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido.[/b]

@ the bolded, u cant even spell it and I know your were even scared to called the name... ODUM-EGWU..... It means LION and FEAR!!!!,

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by PresGEJ(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2012
oddy4real:
Don't mind the idiot. All those names he called GEJ are for his father that nobody knows.
And by the way, GEJ isn't in Nigeria and so whoever should blame him for this is an idiot

You and Spirit of Okija are true Nigerians. . .Clap for yourselves! Intelligence report says str8_talk is a Rwandan; remember my boys beat them in football last Saturday.

9-zeros:

GEJ, is dat u?
so u cant even spell 'ODUMEGWU'?. indeed, u're supposed to be a fisherman.

CHESSBOARD:
@ the bolded, u cant even spell it and I know your were even scared to called the name... ODUM-EGWU..... It means LION and FEAR!!!!,

'ODUMEGBU' is the Ijaw spelling of 'ODUMEGWU', what is your wahala? I want an Ijaw touch on UNN: Odumegbu Ojukwu University. If you don't like it, wait until 2019 - You know I will win again in 2015, don't you?

Also, intelligent Nigerians (I hear you have many of them on NL too) do not talk back to their President. You Moshood Abiola University kids/grads have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by carlos86: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2012
Kolababa: It has been the practice of GEJ and his wife to be closing down the air space whenever they are travelling at least an hour to their departure. I work in the airport and I see what is happening there.

...and the airspace was never closed during obasanjo and yar'adua's tenure?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by naylove(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2012
Olodo poster, its Falana. now back to the post.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by lanetrips: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2012
Y shd d lives d over 100ppl be put at risk cos of a fellow who is referred to as vip.this same thing happened to me and my family on arik air frm calabar to abj.we were abt landing b4 an announcement was made dat a vip was leaving from d airport and dat we shd hover for 40mins.dis kind of practice is absurd .hw we so sure dat the airspace wasn't even closed that made dana crash in iju!

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by GAR3TH(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2012
oddy4real:
would you just hold it! It is the practice everywhere in the world that whenever there is VIP movement in the airport, then no other plane can land. Go and ask if another plane can land in the USA if Obama is landing. And this didn't start with GEJ. U don't have to find a way to link him to every imbroglio

actually thats false, atleast regarding the USA. In America we dont close of airspace just for the president or government officials to land. They may clear a holding pattern or an approach pattern for the aircraft but they wont close the airport or the airspace of that airport just for a VIP.

Even when Obama and other international leaders came to New york for the United Nations Summit they did not close down any airspace or the airports. Commercial airliners were landing and taking off at JFK, La Guardia, Newark international etc before, during and after the UN summit.

America does have restricted airspace, such as over the white house, over a military base and a few kilometers around airforce one [during flight] but they never closed down an airport's airspace.

Even when GEJ and other world leaders went to Canada for the G-8 summit, that airport's airspace wasn't shut down.

you can see in the background that commercial airliners and flights are still operating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fURauetkIGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmTJf1_RW04&feature=relmfu

2 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Konnektions146(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2012
Nigeria is just so messed, its a norm that things like dat happen always,
not to talk of Arik air delay flights cos a VIP is on his way to board a flight.....i wonder y dey cant buy their private jet.

in Naija, anythin is possible

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Delafruita(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2012
oddy4real:
your ignorance is profound.america's presidential fleet has its own runway which was built to prevent air traffic disruption.i agree its a practice all over the world but its not as inhumane as it is in nigeria.for eample the british prime minister is alloted five minutes of airspace closure,same for france.but here in nigeria,even when patience is still applying make-up,airspace would have been closed

4 Likes

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by crackhouse(m): 11:05am On Jun 22, 2012
that's called power intoxication. Power is like beer when taken in excess, it makes u feel like a small god.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by banjula(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2012
This is nonsense!! when will African stop their selfish attitudes, how can someone in his right senses closed the airspace after what happened of recent, are they not tired of spilling innocent blood? I heard same air space closure led to the death of over 163 innocent people on Dana Airline. No wonder the Whites hate Blacks

1 Like

Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by sassy92(f): 11:07am On Jun 22, 2012
It is a common practice all over the world to stop all activities wen a VIP arrives at the airport. But is it right? Is there a better way to handle the situation?
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by oddy4real(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2012
Delafruita:
your ignorance is profound.america's presidential fleet has its own runway which was built to prevent air traffic disruption.i agree its a practice all over the world but its not as inhumane as it is in nigeria.for eample the british prime minister is alloted five minutes of airspace closure,same for france.but here in nigeria,even when patience is still applying make-up,airspace would have been closed
u sure have diarrhea of the mouth and from your previous posts, i see you always crave for a chance to attack GEJ and the PDP even when it means u defying logic. this practice isnt limited to Nigeria, didnt start and wont end with GEJ. go and do your proper research.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by 9zeros(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2012
PresGEJ:

You and Spirit of Okija are true Nigerians. . .Clap for yourselves! Intelligence report says str8_talk is a Rwandan; remember my boys beat them in football last Saturday.

'ODUMEGBU' is the Ijaw spelling of 'ODUMEGWU', what is your wahala? I want an Ijaw touch on UNN: Odumegbu Ojukwu University. If you don't like it, wait until 2019 - You know I will win again in 2015, don't you?

Also, intelligent Nigerians (I hear you have many of them on NL too) do not talk back to their President. You Moshood Abiola University kids/grads have a lot to learn.

lmao!. hell yeah, u're right sir.
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2012
GAR3TH:

actually thats false, atleast regarding the USA. In America we dont close of airspace just for the president or government officials to land. They may clear a holding pattern or an approach pattern for the aircraft but they wont close the airport or the airspace of that airport just for a VIP.

Even when Obama and other international leaders came to New york for the United Nations Summit they did not close down any airspace or the airports. Commercial airliners were landing and taking off at JFK, La Guardia, Newark international etc before, during and after the UN summit.

America does have restricted airspace, such as over the white house, over a military base and a few kilometers around airforce one [during flight] but they never closed down an airport's airspace.

Even when GEJ and other world leaders went to Canada for the G-8 summit, that airport's airspace wasn't shut down.

you can see in the background that commercial airliners and flights are still operating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fURauetkIGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmTJf1_RW04&feature=relmfu

Back to you oddy4real , I see your butt licking days will soon be over
Re: Falana Demands Identity Of VIP Who Closed Abuja Airspace For 30 Mins by oddy4real(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2012
you see. Nobody has said it was GEJ that was flying at that time and yet some deluded people have turned it to a GEJ bashing thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable / Diezani: Why I Returned N9.08b To EFCC, By Bank Chief- The Nation / 2019: People Getting Desperate – Presidency Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.