Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator (931 Views)

You Don't Want Maclatunji? Let's Get You 2 New Great Mods. / Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint? / The Intolerance Of The Muslim Mod: Maclatunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Fr0sbel: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
From: maclatunji / Nairaland <private-message@nairaland.com>
To: frosbel / Nairaland <frosbel@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 6 June 2012, 12:04
Subject: Frosbel! Frosbel!! Frosbel!!!

Don't you know that it is rude to barge into a group's discussion when you are not a member of that group? Muslims are having discussions based on our faith. You barge in to state your opinion about the validity of our faith, we don't really care what you think. However, you are being an unnecessary distraction and derailer of threads. Your case is like a basketball player who wants to slam dunk in the middle of a football game. It is either he plays by the rules or gets a red card.
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Fr0sbel: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2012
Guys and Gals I know that last year we used to post endless articles in the ISLAM section, this has all but stopped.

Now and again, I go there to add a few comments , but even that is too much for the moderator maclatunji.

Constantly we see muslims coming to this general forum to comment on our articles and we accept them without complaint , though sometimes we find them offensive.

What is going on here
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by logicboy: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
I just got banned from the muslim section.

Apparently, when you debunk their faith, you get banned.
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy: I just got banned from the muslim section.

Apparently, when you debunk their faith, you get banned.

Well at least with us, you can exercise your freedom of speech without getting death threats grin
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by logicboy: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
frosbel:

Well at least with us, you can exercise your freedom of speech without getting death threats grin

This injustice is really painful. I have with non doubt in my mind that the moderators are dealing with frustration that their religion is being debunked left and right, from christians and atheists.

Seriously, even the pagans here dont ask for their own section and then run the section like a communist regime (threats, exile, no free speech, propaganda).

Instead of showing how nice islam can be, they just put people on Nairaland off from their religion
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
Hmmm. I think it all boils down to maturity in the real sense of the word. (especially when it comes to RELIGIOUS and SOCIAL matters)
1: Maturity to take criticism whether it be downright abusive or unabashedly harsh and inconsiderate - if criticism does not spark interest, it should be rightly ignored so discussions can continue, you are not obliged to reply in answer to what you do no agree, it is an option in every argument, it does not mean you agree or disagree, it simply means you have chosen not to reply.
2: Maturity to demonstrate common-sense by reacting or acting in a manner that does not prolong or instigate or provoke negative counter-responses from your criticizers. It is not worth stating your case if a position has already been formed and your discussant is making his point based on a "fixed" assumption, hypotheses or based on popular propaganda or trends. If you do not feel it is worth your explanation, let it slide.
3: Maturity to accept that you do not know everything and cannot claim to know everything based on Historical Knowledge & Facts ,Faith or hunches. This obviously is an inherent weakness in RELIGIOUS themes.
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

This injustice is really painful. I have with non doubt in my mind that the moderators are dealing with frustration that their religion is being debunked left and right, from christians and atheists.

Seriously, even the pagans here dont ask for their own section and then run the section like a communist regime (threats, exile, no free speech, propaganda).

Instead of showing how nice islam can be, they just put people on Nairaland off from their religion

Well now you know what it means to live in a Sharia society , a total ban of all contrary ideas and or opinions. In Saudi you dare criticise or question their strict and enclosed way of living you will be lucky to have your head on your shoulders.

The Islam section is a microcosm of these types of societies.

Yet they come to this section to open new articles and comment on others , sometimes abusively.

Anyway , I support anything that makes Seun's life easier , no point putting him at risk.
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
If Islam is truly "perfect," why can't it tolerate criticism?
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by logicboy: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
frosbel: If Islam is truly "perfect," why can't it tolerate criticism?

Great question
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Fr0sbel: 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
b]
lagerwhenindoubt: Hmmm. I think it all boils down to maturity in the real sense of the word. (especially when it comes to RELIGIOUS and SOCIAL matters)
1: Maturity to take criticism whether it be downright abusive or unabashedly harsh and inconsiderate - if criticism does not spark interest, it should be rightly ignored so discussions can continue, you are not obliged to reply in answer to what you do no agree, it is an option in every argument, it does not mean you agree or disagree, it simply means you have chosen not to reply.
2: Maturity to demonstrate common-sense by reacting or acting in a manner that does not prolong or instigate or provoke negative counter-responses from your criticizers. It is not worth stating your case if a position has already been formed and your discussant is making his point based on a "fixed" assumption, hypotheses or based on popular propaganda or trends. If you do not feel it is worth your explanation, let it slide.
3: Maturity to accept that you do not know everything and cannot claim to know everything based on Historical Knowledge & Facts ,Faith or hunches. This obviously is an inherent weakness in RELIGIOUS themes.

Indeed.

The comment I made was not abusive or harsh in anyway, it was simply an opinion I made in response to the following comment by a Muslim.

As regards prayers on non-muslims, due to Islam's stance on shriku, we as muslims are not meant to pray for dead non-muslims. We can only pray for them to be guided to the straight path while they are alive, once they are dead, no prayer can be answered on them anymore because they died as mushrikun; ..........A muslim that sins is better than a puritan mushrik, this is the stance of Islam on matters like this.

My comment here, was that Muslim or Christian, if we die in our sins, no amount of prayer can save us, we will be eternally condemned from a Christian scriptural standpoint.

This is the reason for the ban !
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Goshen360(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
I also posted the thread where muslims slaughter people in the muslim session and it was removed immediately. I don't know the reason. I wanted them to see the thread and explain how they are not demonic for slaughtering someone just because the guy converted to Christianity. And there is this guy from the muslim session "Lagoshia" or whatever his I.d is comes to post on Christian session all the time, even tbaba1234 abi wetin dem dey call him self. This kind thing tire me oo
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by Kay17: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
For all the years I have been on Nairaland, I ve never being banned. I found a topic in the general religion section and mentioned unfavourable controversial history of their prophet. The next moment I was banned for not following "rules" as "respect" for the prophet.

But in recounting historical discussions and events, respect is for honest views. Not in mentioning weaknesses and flaws of historical actors.

If Islam can't take criticism, then it shouldn't go public.
Re: Email Threat Received From Maclatunji - Islam Section Moderator by JeSoul(f): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
Frosbel, what constitutes a "threat" in your book? That's a pretty strong word.

@All,
look, majority of folks in the religion section do not like/approve of the strict rules that obtains in the Islam section - but it is their perogative to legislate as they see fit. If you don't like it then don't go there undecided I personally don't. No use complaining here where we have nothing to do with it and can do nothing about it.

Anyways...pls continue on the mod thread on top the page, that's what these kinds of complaints are for. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators

(1)

Where Did All The Wonderful Threads Go? / 666 / Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.