Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? (7907 Views)

Dokpesi Shielded In Detention To Avert Assault By Inmates / Stella Odua On FFK / Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
Looking back at the string of events it is quite obvious that DANA air is not to be blamed for this air mishap.. We are quick to nail the foreigners who operate this flying corfins called airlines, but have we ever bothered asking ourselves who gave them the goahead to send Nigerian citizens to their early graves... Fair enough, PDP CPC ADC NPD CAN are quick to trade blames, but nevertheless will the true criminals ever face trial for this gross negligence...if the government is not willing to unmask the culprits who sold their souls all in the name of corruption, allowing unsafe planes to be flown in our country, then its time we unmask them ourselves... It is quite clear that stella odua has no shame or self respect, or let's say Respect for the dead... How dare her open her mouth to defend the first lady She should be answering the critical questions on how DANA airline got their operating lincense in the first place...I'm convinced she collected bribes from these criminals called investors, to allow the ill fated plane into the country... Our aviation sector should be grounded as well as everyone else who is affiliated with this incident... Sadly enough, I keep asking myself if the culprits will ever be brought to book... How many more flying caskets do we have left... Maybe 15 more... You'll never know....its good to see that Jimoh Ibrahim has been exposed by a member of his airline...are we gona end up flying in planes that are destined to crashhh?
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Arosa(m): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
Has she resigned yet?
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by inspirenet: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
I doubt

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by humblebee: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
im in the aviation industry, private sector though.. and i can say this is the best aviation minister we've ever had. I don't need to give facts but its my observation and im not benefiting one naira from her ministry but the truth should be told.

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by unclebros: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
Em....Do we resign in Nigeria?....Nope grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by ypzilanti: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
great1: Looking back at the string of events it is quite obvious that DANA air is not to be blamed for this air mishap.. We are quick to nail the foreigners who operate this flying corfins called airlines, but have we ever bothered asking ourselves who gave them the goahead to send Nigerian citizens to their early graves... Fair enough, PDP CPC ADC NPD CAN are quick to trade blames, but nevertheless will the true criminals ever face trial for this gross negligence...if the government is not willing to unmask the culprits who sold their souls all in the name of corruption, allowing unsafe planes to be flown in our country, then its time we unmask them ourselves... It is quite clear that stella odua has no shame or self respect, or let's say Respect for the dead... How dare her open her mouth to defend the first lady She should be answering the critical questions on how DANA airline got their operating lincense in the first place...I'm convinced she collected bribes from these criminals called investors, to allow the ill fated plane into the country... Our aviation sector should be grounded as well as everyone else who is affiliated with this incident... Sadly enough, I keep asking myself if the culprits will ever be brought to book... How many more flying caskets do we have left... Maybe 15 more... You'll never know....its good to see that Jimoh Ibrahim has been exposed by a member of his airline...are we gona end up flying in planes that are destined to crashhh?

Part of the problem in the aviation sector is that the fees and taxes on the airlines in Nigeria is higher than anywhere in the world. Next time you buy a ticket, look at the percentage that goes into taxes and fees. Its about 40% of the ticket. This is not reflected in the maintaninace of the airports but that is a different topic any way. Apart from the ticket taxes and fees, thier revenues are easily verified by government, so they cannot do the usual underdeclaration of profits for corporate taxation purposes.

The airlines are squeezing thier margins out of doing poor maintenace and buying old aircraft.

A 20% slash in taxes and fees will do a lot regarding air safety in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by phemmyutd(m): 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
I will never be surprise on anything that comes out her. Cos i knew her to some level, she owns one of the worst oil company in this country located at ajah lagos. She treat her workers like a slave, she can deny them 3month salary b4 paying one month salary after 4month. I just dont know how she got that post in the first place cos i dont think she knows anything about aviation atall
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by gregg2: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
Demuren, NCAA boss should resign not Stella Odua.

2 Likes

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by malc619(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Arosa: Has she resigned yet?

Will she resign voluntarily ?? ......Except to pursue a political ambition...

They only get kicked out of office...
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by scribble: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
her company was also involved in the fuel subsidy scam

Sea Petroleum and Gas

GEJ is shielding her. She was one of his senior campaign officials and was compensated with the position.

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by gregg2: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
humblebee: im in the aviation industry, private sector though.. and i can say this is the best aviation minister we've ever had. I don't need to give facts but its my observation and im not benefiting one naira from her ministry but the truth should be told.

Some peeps will never see anything good and will hurriedly
call for heads to roll at any available opportunity.
That woman is trying her best.

As I said earlier, Demuren, NCAA boss should be the one to quit.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by teskyg: 3:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Dudes on cheap weed posting crap as usual,This has become the order of the day in Nairaland.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Mavor: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
If it was a sane country, the top official in the Ministry of Transportation or Department of Transport will resign. However, Nigeria is not a sane country, so no surprise here.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
GEJ is corrupt and protect everyone thats corrupt.

Have you wondered why Diezani is still minister despite all the indictment in the oil sector?

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by atuboweke(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
@poster : are u educated at all? when was she appointed as the aviation minister? Dana air has bin existing b4 she came in. Pls sleep and wake up b4 posting dumb and rubbish here.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
WTF should the aviation minister resign? Should the Transport minister also resign if a car accident occurs?

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by ukpaku: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
dayokanu: GEJ is corrupt and protect everyone thats corrupt.

Have you wondered why Diezani is still minister despite all the indictment in the oil sector?
GEJ IS not just curupt, he doen't want himself to be expose aswell

1 Like

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by alahamad(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
I want to direct acusing fingers at everyone cos.....

Dana knew fully well that this could be averted but like someone above rightly said, the profit margin is such that they have to squeeze out profit after the inmense tax nd envelops they dish out on the regular.....

The government makes too much from revenue generated at our airport terminal, Last time I came to naija nd on touch down, I saw people fighting over a common trolly....every part of the airport just demoralized my whole being nd brought back the reality that am in a wealthy but crazy country...

We the people let everything go... After my experience with dana last year, I wrote them off but did nothing about it nd same applies to a lot of us....

Now how can they be held accountable with all thise madness accross all sectors....

Could u imagine they charge an additional 1000naira for FAAN at nothern airports before taking your boarding pass.....its disgusting

4 Likes

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
dayokanu: GEJ is corrupt and protect everyone thats corrupt.

Has oniwon resigned, u bigot, Nigerian oil sector problem started with OBJ as petroleum minister,and Lukeman yet nobody remember them.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by jaybee(f): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
humblebee: im in the aviation industry, private sector though.. and i can say this is the best aviation minister we've ever had. I don't need to give facts but its my observation and im not benefiting one naira from her ministry but the truth should be told.

I'm not in the aviation industry; i doubt she is 'the best aviation minister we've ever seen', she may be the gra-gra attention-seeking type. sha may be doing some superficial renovations and awarding contracts, but all these hurried infrastructural upgrade appears to be lacking in design and depth. moreover, the critical element of safety in aviation is glaringly becoming worse during her administration, considering the colossal amount of money invested in safety infrastructure in recent times, using tax payers money. also consider the arbitrary taxes and levies that are killing the operators of airlines in nigeria. that is why Nigeria has one of the costliest air fares around the globe. what are all these aviation agencies doing with the huge revenues they collect at the airports under her watch? not a fraction gets to the federation account as required by law; they squander the money and she is the major shareholder in that regard.

she is not better than any of her predecessors!

2 Likes

Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
al-ahamad:
I want to direct acusing fingers at everyone cos.....

Dana knew fully well that this could be averted but like someone above rightly said, the profit margin is such that they have to squeeze out profit after the inmense tax nd envelops they dish out on the regular.....

The government makes too much from revenue generated at our airport terminal, Last time I came to naija nd on touch down, I saw people fighting over a common trolly....every part of the airport just demoralized my whole being nd brought back the reality that am in a wealthy but crazy country...

We the people let everything go... After my experience with dana last year, I wrote them off but did nothing about it nd same applies to a lot of us....

Now how can they be held accountable with all thise madness accross all sectors....

Could u imagine they charge an additional 1000naira for FAAN at nothern airports before taking your boarding pass.....its disgusting

My brother you too much, the minister should resign is what everybody is saying here, what about what the least person that could have diverted this crash did not do, I mean the technical crew, DANA management and others.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by ariyebaba(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
Na padi-padi goferment be dati o o o o (fela)
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Myself2(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
Shielded?
What did she do wrong that she needs shielding?
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by kael: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
Whoever is suggesting she should resign. Must not have traveled through the airports recently. There is actual transformation. We learn from our mistakes.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
afam4eva: WTF should the aviation minister resign? Should the Transport minister also resign if a car accident occurs?
. Since,you're obviously a lost soul,i'll enlighten you. The difference is that, cars are private, airplanes are more or less,government or public corp protery. So, its to be expected that the 'minister for aviation' ensures the authenticity of these planes. Same way Dora did drugs
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Arosa(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
too bad she is the best aviation minister Nigeria ever had, she must resign. angry angry angry
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by MrGlobe(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
Nigerians are just plain dumb! Resign over what? Is it her fault? Is the NCAA not responsible for the technical dealings of aviation? Whats her business with that? She is not technical, she is administrative and the technical dept has a head who must be sacked! She is doing her admin job and being applauded. If she resigns who next? Why dont we use the same energy to tell diezanni the biggest scammer in govt to resign? Retarded nation and citizens!
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by lexkuba: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
It will only be unusual and surprising when the political office holders favours the ordinary nigerians in their actions after much sarcrifices on their own part. What is normal is their unpopular policies that is always in favor of the masses only on radio and television. What has been happening in Nigeria in recent times is the best this govt. can offer. We should all tighten our belts for this is not the end of the challenges that we face everyday.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Xaurel: . Since,you're obviously a lost soul,i'll enlighten you. The difference is that, cars are private, airplanes are more or less,government or public corp protery. So, its to be expected that the 'minister for aviation' ensures the authenticity of these planes. Same way Dora did drugs
See me see fvcktard. So Dana airline is owned by government abi? answer now.
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Chanchit: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

Part of the problem in the aviation sector is that the fees and taxes on the airlines in Nigeria is higher than anywhere in the world. Next time you buy a ticket, look at the percentage that goes into taxes and fees. Its about 40% of the ticket. This is not reflected in the maintaninace of the airports but that is a different topic any way. Apart from the ticket taxes and fees, thier revenues are easily verified by government, so they cannot do the usual underdeclaration of profits for corporate taxation purposes.

The airlines are squeezing thier margins out of doing poor maintenace and buying old aircraft.

A 20% slash in taxes and fees will do a lot regarding air safety in Nigeria.
Tnk u, we need more people like u, instead of people dt wud jst come here, saying what they knw nxt to nothing about.... D major part of the blame still goes back to the fed' gov't.... A frnd came in frm zambia, looked around, then said"damn, nigeria airport is sh¡t, i could'nt defend anything, cos its d truth....
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by MrGlobe(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
^
You are an id¡ot! A friend came from zambia and visited ALL nigerian airports and said they are sh¡t huh? If you have visited the airports lately, you will see the woman is putting in work and she has not been there forever!
Re: Is Stella Odua (Aviation Minister) Being Shielded By GEJ? by Googler(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
great1: Looking back at the string of events it is quite obvious that DANA air is not to be blamed for this air mishap.. We are quick to nail the foreigners who operate this flying corfins called airlines, but have we ever bothered asking ourselves who gave them the goahead to send Nigerian citizens to their early graves... Fair enough, PDP CPC ADC NPD CAN are quick to trade blames, but nevertheless will the true criminals ever face trial for this gross negligence...if the government is not willing to unmask the culprits who sold their souls all in the name of corruption, allowing unsafe planes to be flown in our country, then its time we unmask them ourselves... It is quite clear that stella odua has no shame or self respect, or let's say Respect for the dead... How dare her open her mouth to defend the first lady She should be answering the critical questions on how DANA airline got their operating lincense in the first place...I'm convinced she collected bribes from these criminals called investors, to allow the ill fated plane into the country... Our aviation sector should be grounded as well as everyone else who is affiliated with this incident... Sadly enough, I keep asking myself if the culprits will ever be brought to book... How many more flying caskets do we have left... Maybe 15 more... You'll never know....[b]its good to see that Jimoh Ibrahim has been exposed by a member of his airline...[/b]are we gona end up flying in planes that are destined to crashhh?

Jimoh Ibrahim has not been exposed by any member of his airline. Where did you hear that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Is Broke, Can’t Pay Salary, Says Jega / Jonathan In Secret Meeting With Tinubu, Others / Radio Biafra Is A Treasonable Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.