Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,922 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? (8545 Views)

Man Beats Up Girlfriend After Promising Her Money But Only Gave Her Sex / Guys, Never You Lend Money To A Lady!!! / When He Asks You To Lend Him Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
Its usually a thing of Fear, Doubt and Confusion for Partners (Married and Unmarried) to have financial bsindings such as, lending of money, going into business and other sorts of business and financial transactions together.

Over the years, I have seen husbands borrow their wives money to do business only for the woman to default on payment. Emphasizing on the fact that "two have become one" so therefore there's no need to repay the debt.

A friend of mine's girlfriend is demanding from him a loan of N750,000 to go and shop in Uk for her shop in Nigeria for. summer. He came to seek my advance and I bluntly kicked against it. Maybe because of past experiences but I will rather give as a gift any amount to a partner rather than borrow.

Ladies and Gentlemen, is your partner Credit Worthy? Can you lend him/her money or go into any business transaction with him/her?

Awaiting your matured responses.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by slimyem: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
this is a twisted one and it depends on many things!
Can i lend my boyfriend?No!
Can i lend my husband?Yes,if he's responsible and if i trust his decisions!
At the same time,isn't my money supposed to be my husband's money too?
Am i really supposed to lend him or give him?
Is he the kind of partner i'd trust to return my money if i lend him?
Does he even deserve my help-lend or give?
Twisted bro,twisted!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Rocktation(f): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
I can lend money to anyone that is close to me and needs money. A neighbour, a friend, a church member. So why not my boyfriend? It all depends on the amount that they're asking for though. If it's one that can be easily forfeited, fine. But if not....I'll have to be really sure that they can pay back.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
Rocktation: I can lend money to anyone that is close to me and needs money. A neighbour, a friend, a church member. So why not my boyfriend? It all depends on the amount that they're asking for though. If it's one that can be easily forfeited, fine. But if not....I'll have to be really sure that they can pay back.

That's the isuue. We are NOT talking of N5,000, N10,000, or N50,000. We are talking of half a million nair or whereabout. Money that if not paid back, you will feel the effect badly.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Rocktation(f): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
In that case, you have my answer already. There's a big difference between just giving and lending, you know.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
Rocktation: In that case, you have my answer already. There's a big difference between just giving and lending, you know.

So the bottom line is if the money is quite huge, then you will not lend your partner for fear of defaulting in repaying it right?
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Rocktation(f): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
The bottom line is if the sum is forfeitable, I'd give anyway no matter how huge it is.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
Rocktation: The bottom line is if the sum is forfeitable, I'd give anyway no matter how huge it is.

We are saying the same thing.
But if it isn't forfeitable you won't dare venture giving it right.

You be serious politician.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Rocktation(f): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
acidtalk:
You be serious politician.

You know how we do. wink
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ijebabe: 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
I know I would never ask for the money back no matter how much it is. But knowing my man he will not be comfortable till he's paid me back in full, when he can of course, so I have no real problems there. I spend my money how I like anyway and as long as I'm working and earning an income I can always recover. That's me, not sure of others.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
ijebabe: I know I would never ask for the money back no matter how much it is. But knowing my man he will not be comfortable till he's paid me back in full, when he can of course, so I have no real problems there. I spend my money how I like anyway and as long as I'm working and earning an income I can always recover. That's me, not sure of others.

True, but definitely not in all cases.
You can't give out a chunk of your 'life savings'. Of say over 3 years and expect to just bounce back like that after the "greedy" partner refuses to make an attempt to pay back.

So many relationships have gone down the drain due to lack of trust in financial issues or default in 'business or monetary' agreements.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ijebabe: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
acidtalk:

True, but definitely not in all cases.
You can't give out a chunk of your 'life savings'. Of say over 3 years and expect to just bounce back like that after the "greedy" partner refuses to make an attempt to pay back.

So many relationships have gone down the drain due to lack of trust in financial issues or default in 'business or monetary' agreements.
Yes u're right, it depends on the person u're dealing with. Well I guess its easy for me to give when I know the kind of person I'm with and the surety that i'll get it back without even asking. Honestly I've never been put in that position but knowing myself I know i'll give and depending on the amount probably work on a payment plan that wud work for us both. I don't like things like money coming in the way of my relationship with family and friends, I won't just allow it.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 7:23am On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:
Yes u're right, it depends on the person u're dealing with. Well I guess its easy for me to give when I know the kind of person I'm with and the surety that i'll get it back without even asking. Honestly I've never been put in that position but knowing myself I know i'll give and depending on the amount probably work on a payment plan that wud work for us both. I don't like things like money coming in the way of my relationship with family and friends, I won't just allow it.

So Correct!
On this earth presently, I can vouch for only 2 people I know never to default payment if I lend them ('cus they have the Fear of God instilled in them).

I have lost a couple of friends due to lack of financial trust. I only got to know their true colous after I borrowed them money or we had business transactions together.

My motto now is : DON'T HIRE WHO YOU CAN'T FIRE.

No sentiments in life mehn!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by inspirenet: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2012
yes
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Tadup: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2012
...excluding police partners!!

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by lacasa: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2012
Wife, i fit.

Babe, i no fit.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2012
When you are borrowing her, just assume that you are dashing her..... grin
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2012
Y not? Trustworthy is d key.I mean a union without trust is doomed.

We 1! So I don't see d big deal in it! A stingy man is a selfish man!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by stagger: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2012
My wife makes money from her business. I don't even know how much she has and I don't ask. I make enough to cater for our family needs and I do not live beyond my means, neither do I embark on crazy projects that will warrant my having to look for more money as to go borrowing. If I have no money for a project, I sit down and have a talk with the Holy Spirit as to how to source the money and not go borrowing from my wife or anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Muttex(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2012
what sort of question is that?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Exponental(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2012
I will borrow her wat I can let go.
If I understand n agree with her intentions, I can go beyond wat I can let go, so no big deal.........
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: this is a twisted one and it depends on many things!
Can i lend my boyfriend?No!
Can i lend my husband?Yes,if he's responsible and if i trust his decisions!
At the same time,isn't my money supposed to be my husband's money too?
Am i really supposed to lend him or give him?
Is he the kind of partner i'd trust to return my money if i lend him?
Does he even deserve my help-lend or give?
Twisted bro,twisted!cheesy

Im seeing a sooo wife material here.
So u are not all d same.
Seeing a brighter side of our SLIMY YEM today!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk: Its usually a thing of Fear, Doubt and Confusion for Partners (Married and Unmarried) to have financial bsindings such as, lending of money, going into business and other sorts of business and financial transactions together.

Over the years, I have seen husbands borrow their wives money to do business only for the woman to default on payment. Emphasizing on the fact that "two have become one" so therefore there's no need to repay the debt.

A friend of mine's girlfriend is demanding from him a loan of N750,000 to go and shop in Uk for her shop in Nigeria for. summer. He came to seek my advance and I bluntly kicked against it. Maybe because of past experiences but I will rather give as a gift any amount to a partner rather than borrow.

Ladies and Gentlemen, is your partner Credit Worthy? Can you lend him/her money or go into any business transaction with him/her?

Awaiting your matured responses.

A gelfrnd, I will surely support her in any way I can, depending on how we relate.but giving her and not lending.

My wife? she gets whatever she needs.....may God help me.
What she has ARE mine, and what I have ARE hers!
Nobody shld challenge my principle here.
Ogugua!

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:

I tot it was only Slimyem.
Where Badooooo?
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:

So Correct!
On this earth presently, I can vouch for only 2 people I know never to default payment if I lend them ('cus they have the Fear of God instilled in them).

I have lost a couple of friends due to lack of financial trust. I only got to know their true colous after I borrowed them money or we had business transactions together.

My motto now is : DON'T HIRE WHO YOU CAN'T FIRE.

No sentiments in life mehn!

Haaa...u don slack o.
No padi for biz o!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2012
Idowuogbo: Y not? Trustworthy is d key.I mean a union without trust is doomed.

We 1! So I don't see d big deal in it! A stingy man is a selfish man!

Finally!
I dey trip o!
So, ladies like this still dey.
Or una just dey talk am?
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2012
stagger: My wife makes money from her business. I don't even know how much she has and I don't ask. I make enough to cater for our family needs and I do not live beyond my means, neither do I embark on crazy projects that will warrant my having to look for more money as to go borrowing. If I have no money for a project, I sit down and have a talk with the Holy Spirit as to how to source the money and not go borrowing from my wife or anyone.

Are u simple saying ur wife contributes not?
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by lifestyle1(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2012
What if she can't pay back the money... What can i do ? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Awkward Moment When U Meet A Guy U Turrned Down / See What A Lady Sent To A Nigerian Guy After Meeting On Facebook (photos) / Getting Married To A White Man: Ladies Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.