Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? (1703 Views)

Atheists, What Is The VALUE Of Human Life? / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Master6(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2012
The only reason I feel there should be a God is simply because contemporary science has failed to provide a reasonable answer to d questn of who created d universe.

What if there is a God, but not in d common religious sense of the word, what if he isn't perfect, isn't completely just and all dat stuff d religious organizations preach! What if there are errors in his design, what if he isn't all powerful nd can't really defy logic.

Then there isn't a God, not the God the religious preach, but there is a God, in d sense of him jst being the creator.

More over, what really kickstarted religion was the d need for man to explain d seemingly unexplainable.

What are ur tots, atheists??
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by LogicMind: 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
if such a creator exists, why should I bother myself about him?

1 Like

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
At least you do seem open-minded (a rare quality with religious folks). If it happened that a Creator does exist, I would say - To the gallows with him grin It takes a huge impression to have a fan following that is responsible for hundreds of social problems the world over. I could take some lessons in mass-hypnosis because 40+ million Nigerians no be small thing. that could prove useful for Governance in most African states. He could be useful for the Scientific Community as well - cloning would be done-away with for creation instead, people will have wings instead of taking DANA Airlines. y'know it might not be such a bad idea if the Scientific Community could harness God properly without the violent temperament displayed through the ages. Finally both sides can contribute to the greater good of human kind.

On the flip side. What if There is no God? your thoughts wink

2 Likes

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by thehomer: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1: The only reason I feel there should be a God is simply because contemporary science has failed to provide a reasonable answer to d questn of who created d universe.

Have you considered that you're asking a badly phrased question? What I mean is that the universe may not have been created by a person or people.

Master_1:
What if there is a God, but not in d common religious sense of the word, what if he isn't perfect, isn't completely just and all dat stuff d religious organizations preach! What if there are errors in his design, what if he isn't all powerful nd can't really defy logic.

Then there isn't a God, not the God the religious preach, but there is a God, in d sense of him jst being the creator.

More over, what really kickstarted religion was the d need for man to explain d seemingly unexplainable.

What are ur tots, atheists??

With respect to the sort of God you're referring to, I would see no reason to bother myself with such a God.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by RuuDie(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ Topic,

Then that'd be me on a one-way trip to hell or wherever it is he has reserved for those that didn't believe in him. . .albeit, with my head held high and ready to accept whatever fate that awaits me!
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by 2good(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
How can you live your life on a what if scenario?

1 Like

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Master6(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
@2good, all religions are based on what ifs!!! Many xtians nd muslims r only doin it coz of what if there is hell.

@ lager when in doubt, I am a new atheist, not coz of any oda thing, but coz I am logical nd I c reason.

@ the homer, so what started it all!!!!!

@ thehomer nd logicmind, if such a God exists, u shld be bothered coz unlike d odas gods, he is UNJUST, nd literally doesn't giv a f++k what we think.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by 2good(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1: @2good, all religions are based on what ifs!!! Many xtians nd muslims r only doin it coz of what if there is hell.

@ lager when in doubt, I am a new atheist, not coz of any oda thing, but coz I am logical nd I c reason.

@ thehomer nd logicmind, if such a God exists, u shld be bothered coz unlike d odas gods, he is UNJUST, nd literally doesn't giv a f++k what we think.

I see where you're coming from. I'm an Agnostic and have thesame ideology as an Atheist because I believe all religious gods are false and man made but I dont know if there is a supreme being some where and I dont care because he/she/it doesnt rule the affairs of man if at all he/she/it exists
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by LogicMind: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1:

That's exactly my point: why should I give a fvck if he doesn't? And why should he? Do you know how tiny we are in our solar system? Do you know how microscopic our solar system is in our galaxy? do you know how insignificant our galaxy is in the observable universe?

1 Like

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by thehomer: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1:
. . . .

All we know for now is that there was a big bang beyond that, I don't know. And I don't know if we could know due to the nature of the concepts involved.

Master_1:

You're referring to a God who just creates the universe and leaves. In such a case, why should I bother with him since he doesn't bother with me?
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Master6(m): 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
Aw come all depictions of God in d bible nd many, if not all religions depict God as male??
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Zodiac61(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ Master 1 - You do not need to worry. There is no god.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Master6(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
I get that a God dat doesn't give a f++k deserves subjects dt really also don't give a f++k.

I am officially an atheist!!!!! coolI get that a God dat doesn't give a f++k deserves subjects dt really also don't give a f++k.

I am officially an atheist!!!!!
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by ZUBY77(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1: I get that a God dat doesn't give a f++k deserves subjects dt really also don't give a f++k.

I am officially an atheist!!!!! coolI get that a God dat doesn't give a f++k deserves subjects dt really also don't give a f++k.

Welcome to free land. Dont be afraid and dont look back. If there is god and he doesnt want to show himself to me, then i dont have to bother about him either.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by LogicMind: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
Master_1: I get that a God dat doesn't give a f++k deserves subjects dt really also don't give a f++k.

and there goes a former god lover.

internet is really deleterious to religion.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Avicenna: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2012

As a recently acknowledged atheist myself, I congratulate you on your freedom from brutal,ridiculous lies propagated by religions.
I will advise you to be careful with this religionists. Even here, their argument is always more or less strawman. Like that platinga guy.
Once again, congratulations on taking control of your brain.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by 2good(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

and there goes a former god lover.

internet is really deleterious to religion.

Not really. Internet exposes one to a lot of information which makes you to see the world from a bigger perspective and query many of the information you've been fed with from birth. People are generally deprived of information in Nigeria that's why the reasoning is narrow and one way.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by mkmyers45(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
2good:

Not really. Internet exposes one to a lot of information which makes you to see the world from a bigger perspective and query many of the information you've been fed with from birth. People are generally deprived of information in Nigeria that's why the reasoning is narrow and one way.
WORD!
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by joe4christ(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
[size=15pt] Bunch of fools who thought they knew any better.
I aint got nothing to tell ya, you'll know the truth for yourselves someday. [/size]
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] Bunch of fools who thought they knew any better.
I aint got nothing to tell ya, you'll know the truth for yourselves someday. [/size]
and Christ will find you wanting grin grin grin grin grin with your angry (SINFUL) temperament

1 Like

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by thehomer: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2012

Bible:
Matthew 5:22

New International Version (NIV)

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[a] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[c] is answerable to the court. [b]And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Zodiac61(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
So sayeth a man who knows the truth grin grin grin grin
Please, tell us why we are still waiting for Jesus, and will continue to wait to the end of time.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by ZUBY77(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2012

I wonder when u will notice that these people are way more intelligent than you

2 Likes

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
Good question. So lets assume that god exists somewhere. Good. the atheist has absolutely nothing to lose. An Omnipotent and omniscience being would be far too lofty for our tiny unused brains to comprehend, so we must always make up fables to fill in the (very wide)gaps.
If god exists, he would be mighty proud to have watched our beginnings from the primordial soup to unicellular organisms, from simple celled to the complex machines we have evolved into, and finally to the thinking and questioning spiritual beings we are becoming.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth". The athiests are the meek, for it is they who show bravery by discarding age old myths, fables and hand-me-downs, and who, with child-like meekness, are able to ask sensible questions about god and his creations.

God would be very proud of athiests. Which parent does not feel proud to see his child grow and mature? which parent is ever happy to see his child still stuck in infancy by clinging on to the belief in fairy tales like santa clause, easter bunny or cartoon characters?
If god exists, then the athiests are the ones who have paid the best homage to god by questioning his existence and searching for his footprints.
If god exists,then obviously he gifted us with an infinite mind for us to question and explore the infinite universe.
If god exists, then religion stands to be the greatest insult to him and the religious folks might bear the brunt of his disappointment because for a very long time, religion
has re.tarded the intellectual ,and even, spiritual potential of humankind.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by IDINRETE: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
Which of the gods?
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by 2good(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
IDINRETE: Which of the gods?

good question
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by LogicMind: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
IDINRETE: Which of the gods?

the one and only everlasting god.
all others are fake.
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by Areaboy2(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
@ post..

Well, physicists and scientists can explain almost everything up until 10^6 of a second after the big bang. for me, that is good enough. I'll rather have half logic and room to improve on thinking than having someone tell me god put us here to "watch" over what he created. And we must give him praises.

A good way to look at the religious gods is to go back to their origin and see what was going on at that time. Kings ruling over people, people giving praises to the king to make him happy, king blessing his subjects with wealth and all that. For those who don't believe in the king will be put to death. Classic. You can see traces of crap like that in the bible. And that's where I should find answer to life hardest questions??

Colonialism is gone but their religion still stays!! lets pause and ponder!!
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by ZUBY77(m): 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
Which God exactly?
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by joe4christ(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
ZUBY77: Which God exactly?

[size=15pt] The God your deluded shallow twisted mind is incapable of fathoming, that's the God he was talking about, you all are just confused and pathetic at that.
I just wish you are trully open to true knowledge but it's quite unfortunate that you feel more secured and comfortable feeding on deciet.
How pathetic can one be! [/size]
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by ZUBY77(m): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt] The God your deluded shallow twisted mind is incapable of fathoming, that's the God he was talking about, you all are just confused and pathetic at that.
I just wish you are trully open to true knowledge but it's quite unfortunate that you feel more secured and comfortable feeding on deciet.
How pathetic can one be! [/size]

Talking about deciet: who is decieved here?
Someone who dont believe what he was told or someone who believed it ?
Just like your phucking pasttors and scamming MOGs, you contradict yourself every now and then. Anybody who says that god exists doesnt know the english meaning of existence.

Deluded shallow minded ..... Thats what u called us atheists.... God must be so pleased with you now for fighting his war for him..
Re: Atheists!!!! What If There Is A God? by joe4christ(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
ZUBY77:

Talking about deciet: who is decieved here?
Someone who dont believe what he was told or someone who believed it ?
Just like your phucking pasttors and scamming MOGs, you contradict yourself every now and then. Anybody who says that god exists doesnt know the english meaning of existence.

Deluded shallow minded ..... Thats what u called us atheists.... [size=15pt] God must be so pleased with you now for fighting his war for him.. [/size]

And why would i want to do that? Or is it because he's not strong enough to do that by himself?

Now you listen to me, i'm not here for argument, the only problem i do have with you guys is your passion to infest others with your venum of a believe, cant you just keep it to yourself and die with it if you feel like instead of corrupting other with you deluded perception about God and religion.

please keep it to yourself, i know one thing for sure, those who are destined to find God would definately come in contact with his divine self someday.
And stop being an agent of darkness you are without even knowing it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism To Defeat Religion By 2038 / What If Ufo's/aliens Truly Exist? / Christian In Bangladesh Kidnapped And Forced To Marry A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.