Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,936 members, 7,828,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Indecent Dressing: Lady Escapes Being Lynched At Mararaba Garage In Nasarawa - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Indecent Dressing: Lady Escapes Being Lynched At Mararaba Garage In Nasarawa (1380 Views)

Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indecent Dressing: Lady Escapes Being Lynched At Mararaba Garage In Nasarawa by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
A ‘badly dressed’ young woman narrowly escaped being lynching at the Mararaba Garage in Nasarawa state late on Monday. Eye-witnesses told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the scene of the incident that the lady, who wore a short blouse on top of a pant was “walking majestically around the ‘okrika’ section of the garage,” when a crowd, infuriated by her seductive dressing, descended on her.
Chairman of the Mararaba Branch of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Mr Bernard Adeyi, told NAN that he was in his office when he heard people shouting and charging at the lady.
“As the shouting continued, I looked out and I saw a girl strolling past opposite my office dressed half naked. All the things on her body that were supposed to be hidden were exposed. So both market women, men and everybody followed her as she walked around the garage.
They were all shouting and booing her and it got to a point where some people in the park formed a ring around her, according to people at the garage, because I did not follow them there. Some people came back to say that the people were very angry with her obscene dressing and tore her pants and cloths completely, leaving her naked,” Adeyi said.
Continuing, Adeyi said that “some guys at the scene who were disgusted with the development brought clothes and covered the woman as she ran away to save her life. She was virtually smuggled out of the park. The people, including market women and some elderly people were not happy to see a sane woman dressed in such a manner in public.
He said he sees the attack as a lesson for the victim and other ladies who are fond of going about half naked.
“We have a tradition and the kind of dressing that I saw today was completely outside our accepted mode of dressing,” the chairman said, noting that the lady “a young girl of about 18 or 19 years”, had learnt a lesson of her life from the treatment given to her at the park.
If girls who go about naked were present to witness what happened to the lady today, I think there would be no need for anybody to pass any further message to them and I believe the people who saw what happened to the lady would pass the message around”.
Also reacting, General Secretary and Public Relations Officer of the Mararaba Branch of the Luxury Bus Proprietors Association of Nigeria, Mr Oluchukwu Chukwuji, who also confirmed the incident, advised girls to dress properly when they go outside.
He said: “Even if they are harlots, they should not go naked in public but should do so in their brothels and not in public places like this”.
Also, a trader at the park, Malam Isah Kabiru, told NAN that “if not for prompt intervention of some well-meaning people at the park, the facilitator of her escape would have been lynched.
The make-shift shop of the man would have been pulled down if reasonable people did not persuade them not to do so”.
The head of the garage, known as Baba Nura, was not available in his office for comments on the matter as he was said to have gone out at the time of the incident.
Similarly, efforts to get the police in Mararaba to comment on the incident were not successful.(NAN)

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/abuja-metro-news/37973-indecent-dressing-lady-escapes-being-lynched-at-mararaba-garage

(1) (Reply)

Missoni Boss, Wife And Four Others Feared Dead / Face Of Hygiene Africa..... / What Is The Name Of Your Perfume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.