Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge (17581 Views)

Poll:

This Logic is True: 52% (140 votes)
I totally disagree: 26% (70 votes)
I cannot say for sure: 21% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by winnieG1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2012
I read on this thread about CPC/ACN merger for 2015 presidential election.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/06/08/2015-tinubu-meets-buhari-to-begin-acn-cpc-merger-talks/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Well , this could be the much awaited move to snatch away Aso Rock from the ruling party. Their success on the merger will depends on the following;

1.Neither Buhari nor Tinubu is going to be the presidential candidate

2. they must field candidate like Senator Chris Ngige from Anambra State to be their flag bearer and a North-West Vice President. this way, they are sure of getting more than 50% of total votes from SE, 80% from SW, and 70% from all the 3 Northern Geo-political region. For SS, it all depend on whether Goodluck is embarking on 2nd term

3. PDP field another known South Easterner like Rochas Okorocha from Imo state for President.(Pls don’ t ask me how, it depends on PDP and APGA, as for Rochas, that has been his intention)
WHAT DO U THINK?

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by qoride1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
I think BRF/El Rufai tix will do very well. They are both proven candidates, younger, and are less polarizing as Buhari/Tinubu. Only thing is the fact that are they both muslims. But I think Nigerians will look pass that. Everyone is tired of the PDP regime. No single person in Nigeria is a saint but we will take the lesser evil.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by winnieG1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
BRF, Fashola if my guess is right had announced that he is not coming out for 2015 President
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
winnie-G:
BRF, Fashola if my guess is right had announced that he is not coming out for 2015 President

he is a politician. Its not impossible.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Onlytruth(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
The only easy way for the ACN-CPC merger to snatch Aso rock (even if Jonathan is contesting in 2015) is to field an Igbo candidate, somebody like Rivers state governor Chibuike Amaechi (if they can snag him from PDP) with a NW VP candidate. That way, the East will be thoroughly divided with the larger chunk supporting Amaechi.
Remember that Amaechi is also "Rotimi" (if that helps to get Yoruba votes).

If the merger can also get APGA, it will definitely kill PDP.
I personally want PDP killed. cool

6 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by winnieG1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
even if Fashola declares, do you think he's going to get more vote in SE, SS and North, against GEJ?

Now lets face reality, if ACN/CPC gives it to Ngige, I think the following will ensue;

1. SW will vote massively for him b/c of ACN party influence (He is ACN sitting senator )

2. SE will follow suite cause they know him as a man of action (Remember that he ousted the siting PDP senator, Annie Okonkwo, defeated APGA even at their base, sent the well known madam Akunyili out from Abuja with just 3 weeks of campaign)

3. with El Rufai as VP and with the support of Buhari's CPC, you already know what will happen in the North

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
Onlytruth: The only easy way for the ACN-CPC merger to snatch Aso rock (even if Jonathan is contesting in 2015) is to field an Igbo candidate, somebody like Rivers state governor Chibuike Amaechi (if they can snag him from PDP) with a NW VP candidate. That way, the East will be thoroughly divided with the larger chunk supporting Amaechi.

As if ibo votes can stop a cpc/Acn presidency.Abeg,make them carry fashola+one hausa as vice jare !

4 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Funkymallam(m): 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
I dey grin grin grin
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Funkymallam(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
Onlytruth: The only easy way for the ACN-CPC merger to snatch Aso rock (even if Jonathan is contesting in 2015) is to field an Igbo candidate, somebody like Rivers state governor Chibuike Amaechi (if they can snag him from PDP) with a NW VP candidate. That way, the East will be thoroughly divided with the larger chunk supporting Amaechi.

Amechi, Igbo? I laff in kanuri...

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Funkymallam(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
winnie-G:
even if Fashola declares, do you think he's going to get more vote in SE, SS and North, against GEJ?

Now lets face reality, if ACN/CPC gives it to Ngige, I think the following will ensue;

1. SW will vote massively for him b/c of ACN party influence (He is ACN sitting senator )

2. SE will follow suite cause they know him as a man of action (Remember that he ousted the siting PDP senator, Annie Okonkwo, defeated APGA even at their base, sent the well known madam Akunyili out from Abuja with just 3 weeks of campaign)

3. with El Rufai as VP and with the support of Buhari's CPC, you already know what will happen in the North

U might b right here but not all that.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by ObamaUS: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
The bitter truth is that there is no merger that can stop tge evil pdp merceneries.
Nigerians vote on sentiments and they will still end up voting for jonah.
Besides,pdp has the police,army and the thugs in their payroll.Nigeria is on a long thing.
ONLY A MILITARY COUP,A SOLDIER WITH A GOOD HEART CAN SALVAGE AND SAVE OUR NATION.
We wer in this country when fashola fired 738 doctors and many lives were lost and nothing was done to question him or make him accountable.
ACN will do worse than pdp jare.
only coup will save.

13 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Beaf: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
People got jokes! grin grin grin
PDP is the only opposition to PDP. It will remain so until other parties learn not to be myopic, narrow-minded, ethnically driven vehicles.

Pless your finga for umblera!

9 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by winnieG1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ Onlytruth
Amaechi is a PDP member and its obvious he is not going to jump the wagon for the fear of being maltreated like Silva
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kellysopy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

As if ibo votes can stop a cpc/Acn presidency.Abeg,make them carry fashola+one hausa as vice jare !

fym! u fink an hausa man will allow yoruba to rule dis country after what Obj did to them.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Baawaa(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
ObamaUS: The bitter truth is that there is no merger that can stop tge evil pdp merceneries.
Besides,pdp has the police,army and the thugs in their payroll.Nigeria is on a long thing.
ONLY A MILITARY COUP,A SOLDIER WITH A GOOD HEART CAN SALVAGE AND SAVE OUR NATION.
We wer in this country when fashola fired 738 doctors and many lives were lost and nothing was done to question him or make him accountable.
only coup will save.
Minus me,even the one i gave him on 2011 i want to collect it back grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf: People got jokes! grin grin grin
PDP is the only opposition to PDP. It will remain so until other parties learn not to be myopic, narrow-minded, ethnically driven vehicles.

Pless your finga for umblera!

People are getting enlightened these days.the broom revolution is coming soon to sweep away all of you.btw,wetin be Cpc emblem sef ?

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Yinkagbo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
ObamaUS: The bitter truth is that there is no merger that can stop tge evil pdp merceneries.
only coup will save.

Seconded,all of them na same,they are just playing us.....

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by kaiter: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
The bitter truth is that there is no merger that can stop tge evil pdp merceneries.
Nigerians vote on sentiments and they will still end up voting for jonah.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
kellysopy:

fym! u fink an hausa man will allow yoruba to rule dis country after what Obj did to them.

There is no permanent enemies in politics,it's all about temporary interests !

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by inspirenet: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
Nigerians hope that 2015 would bring about the change that they desire. PDP/CPC/ACN/CNN We care less
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by BabaO2: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
I regretted voting Jonathan. If Jonathan could not deliver dividends of democracy, only to be renaming schools, increasing fuel pump price, increasing electricity tariff, empowering wife to public nuisance .......who could in PDP?. PDP is full of fake and complex people, no problem solving ideas with all the money coming from oil alone...SMH.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by seyigiggle: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
acn/cpc is not strong enough to remove jonathan.
they need an extension to ss and se region before it could become feasible.
meanwhile, they are surpose to be strengthening and expanding their base as pdp is doing now in the sw by reconciling their agrreived members.
now my judgement; cpc should first reconcile with anpp before thinking about acn
meanwhile, they will not achieve anything if the two old dogs come, dont they like being a god father?

3 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by CyberG: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
I see naked, shameless opportunism by the usual secessionists like ONLYLies! So, in spite of contributing less than ZERO (negative) to the whole process, they should work their brains off fr people who have either no real achievements or more negatives than real achievements like Rochas, Amechi and co? Some people talk only of separation but now you are asking to profit where you have not contributed any iota of progress e.g. absconding and not standing up for Nigerians during the fuel subsidy crisis, voting in retardeen ebelechukwudeem Jonathan badluck with 98% mostly falsified of course! You have also defended any useless policy or move of his for as long as he builds you an airport, seaport, roads, etc while absconding his role as president of the country? Let's wait and see!

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
seyigiggle: acn/cpc is not strong enough to remove jonathan.
they need an extension to ss and se region before it could become feasible.
meanwhile, they are surpose to be strengthening and expanding their base as pdp is doing now in the sw by reconciling their agrreived members.
now my judgement; cpc should first reconcile with anpp before thinking about acn
meanwhile, they will not achieve anything if the two old dogs come, dont they like being a god father?

says who? do ur calculation well. the whole North,SW, middle belt and few numbers from this zone is enough

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by gudnex22(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
They are about to make the biggest mistake of their life. PDP will stay in aso rock till God knows when.
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Beaf: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

People are getting enlightened these days.the broom revolution is coming soon to sweep away all of you.btw,wetin be Cpc emblem sef ?

The broom (ACN) is a Yoruba party, while the spear (CPC) is an Hausa-Fulani party. They both perfectly fit the description of "myopic, narrow-minded, ethnically driven vehicles."
Their combo loses out the entire Middle Belt and SE/SS. A losing combo in a few short words. Funnily enough, with some fancy footwork and acrobatically wicked strategies, the ACN/CPC combo will lose even the SW. cool

You wanna rule this country? Then pless your finga for umblera!

8 Likes

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by freshmoney(m): 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
Yes, PDP will lose woefully! Who wants them(FEEDEEFEE) to stay in government anyway! An autonomous government for that matter- a government that is limited to a number of people, while millions of unlucky civilians wallow in intense poverty!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by winnieG1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ all
please dont be tribalistic on this issue but if u must, try the next thread
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by upnaijaDRN: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
I think that would be a nice thing
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by seyigiggle: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ demdem
says who? do ur calculation well. the whole North,SW, middle belt and few numbers from this zone is enough

what makes you think the whole of a region would vote a particular candidate apart from the ss?

did you forget that despite buhari won most of the states in the north, jonathan still managed to secure the required percentage from the region
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Akanbiedu(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
Re: PDP May Lose Aso Rock If CPC & ACN Merge by Beaf: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
Baba_O: I regretted voting Jonathan. If Jonathan could not deliver dividends of democracy, only to be renaming schools, increasing fuel pump price, increasing electricity tariff, empowering wife to public nuisance .......who could in PDP?. PDP is full of fake and complex people, no problem solving ideas with all the money coming from oil alone...SMH.

Dude, the way it always goes is:
The first one and a half to two years are for tough and unpopular reforms. The two to next three and a half years are for bringing direct benefits to the people.

All things being equal, by 2014, you would only have loads of good stuff to remember.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We’ve Taken Nigeria Out Of Hell, Nobody Should Pray Return Of PDP — Lai Mohammed / PHOTOS: Okorocha And Ganduje Visit Buhari / FG Receives Canada’s $9.2m COVID-19 Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.