Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Dream Team 2015 - Buhari/Fashola 2015 For A Corruption-free Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dream Team 2015 - Buhari/Fashola 2015 For A Corruption-free Nigeria (958 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Desmond Elliot, Others To Probe Fashola’s 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dream Team 2015 - Buhari/Fashola 2015 For A Corruption-free Nigeria by jensinmi(m): 4:12am On Jun 09, 2012
Buhari for President
Fashola for Vice President

Pat Utomi - Minister of Finance/Coordinating Minister for the Economy.

Nasir El Rufai - Minister of Works.

Muhammadu Buhari - Minister of Petroleum and Energy(in capacity)

Babatunde Raji Fashola - Minister of Power (in capacity)

Col. Abubakar Umar - Minister of Defence ??

Minister of Aviation

Minister of Agriculture ??

Dora Akunyili - NAFDAC Chairman

Nuhu Ribadu - EFCC Chairman

My viewpoint for the 2015 election to hold 2 years and 10 months from now.

PREMISE ONE: CORRUPTION IS OUR MAIN PROBLEM.

To this end, we need a president who will wage an intense and even ruthless war against corruption and indiscipline.

Options: Muhammadu Buhari, Raji Fashola, El Rufai, Amaechi, Rochas.

A breakdown.

The vast majority of Nigerians want to vote along ethnic and religious lines.

NE and NW will vote overwhelmingly for a Northern Muslim
NC - A Northern candidate of any religion can garner votes from different groups. A Northern Christian will garner votes, a Northern Muslim will garner votes from some quarters. (Maybe other candidates from other regions can get votes here).
SS - Will vote for Goodluck Jonathan.
SE - is an unsure zone for any candidate. A lot of traditional elders her seem open to mobilize for the highest bidder.
SW - Goodluck Jonathan may receive some votes. Constituents would love to rally behind an achiever like Fashola.

I propose Buhari for president because he has that track record and the uncompromising will to destroy corruption. I do not know of Fashola's commitment to fight corruption. I do not support Fashola for president yet cause he still needs time to shake off the control of Bola Tinubu who is a thief.

El-Rufai has not gained enough credibility or respect to garner Northern votes. If he runs supported by Buhari, PDP can instigate a Nothern candidate from ANPP like Shekarau to split Northern votes. These NE and NW votes would normally go to Buhari. In his absence, they will be split between a man like El- Rufai and another Northerner. At the same time, El-Rufai has not displayed a record/ commitment to fight corruption.

Amaechi is a PDP Man. Goodluck Jonathan will not be chanced by a South Easterner.

Rochas is just starting in governance. He needs time to complete his work in Imo. At the same time, he cannot get SS votes, NW, or NE votes. Some of the SE voters will fall in line with Goodluck. That leaves Rochas with doubtful SE, SW, and NC votes. His votes can easily be garnished by a credible SW candidate or NC candidate emerging in the election.

I believe a Buhari/ Fashola ticket will get the overwhelming majority of NE, NW, and SW votes. Some NC votes will come in as well. The SS and SE will have to swing in another direction.

2011 Registered voters - http://allafrica.com/stories/201103040695.html

NW - 19.8 million voters
NE - 10.7 million voters
NC - 10.7 million voters
SS - 9.5 million voters
SE - 7.5 million voters
SW - 14 million voters

Nothing is certain, but I think this combination of Buhari/Fashola might be able to upset the PDP at the polls.

Buhari has less baggage and would be able to appoint men like Pat Utomi to serve as ministers.

The ACN on the other hand (especially Mr. Tinubu) have so many sycophants that must be compensated. If the ACN under Tinubu puts forward a presidential candidate, we can expect political positions to be shared among "the boys" rather than by track record and competence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has Phcn Gone Mad??? / Let's Impeach Jonathan Now – Senator Babajide / FINALLY: Nscdc’s Mysterious “oga At The Top” Finally Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.