Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,885 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' (1374 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by aishatua1: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
[b]More than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens jailed Abroad for drug traffickin​g Offenses' - NDLEA

Not more than 6,000 Nigerians are serving various jail terms for drug-related offences abroad, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said. According to the NDLEA, Nigeria is the only African country with such a frightening figure.

The agency said that the figure may be higher as the available data could not be said to be totally exhaustive. NDLEA Director General, Mr. Femi Ajayi, told the House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Matters that Iran has 4,000 inmates, Brazil 500, Thailand 500 and Malaysia 300.

He said: "The bulk of those caught for drug-related offences outside the country were from the South-East with majority coming from Anambra State. "I do not know what we can do to the upsurge of our brothers from the South East-who indulges in this kind of business.

Can you believe that of the 500 Nigerians in Thailand prisons, 480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from the figure are from Anambra State".

Ajayi, however, decried lack of adequate funding of the agency's activities, adding that the development has had negative impact on its ability to fight drug trafficking

http://www.naija247news.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6850:-more-than-6-000-nigerian-citizens-jailed-abroad-for-drug-trafficking-offenses-ndlea-&catid=90:world-news&Itemid=197[/b]
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by jamace(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
Well, let them face the music over there.

If they had succeeded in their illegal deal, they would have come to Naija with one in town jeeps, dengeing and posing, claiming they are the SMART guys while those of us with "legedizbenz" are dullards/fools.

1 Like

Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by FSU: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
Anambra youths are a disgrace to the rest Igbo youths.
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by aishatua1: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
jamace: Well, let them face the music over there.

If they had succeeded in their illegal deal, they would have come to Naija with one in town jeeps, dengeing and posing, claiming they are the SMART guys while those of us with "legedizbenz" are dullards/fools.
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by Dede1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
aishatua1: [b]More than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens jailed Abroad for drug traffickin​g Offenses' - NDLEA

Not more than 6,000 Nigerians are serving various jail terms for drug-related offences abroad, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said. According to the NDLEA, Nigeria is the only African country with such a frightening figure.

The agency said that the figure may be higher as the available data could not be said to be totally exhaustive. NDLEA Director General, Mr. Femi Ajayi, told the House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora Matters that Iran has 4,000 inmates, Brazil 500, Thailand 500 and Malaysia 300.

He said: "The bulk of those caught for drug-related offences outside the country were from the South-East with majority coming from Anambra State. "I do not know what we can do to the upsurge of our brothers from the South East-who indulges in this kind of business.

Can you believe that of the 500 Nigerians in Thailand prisons, 480 of them are from the South-East and 450 from the figure are from Anambra State".

Ajayi, however, decried lack of adequate funding of the agency's activities, adding that the development has had negative impact on its ability to fight drug trafficking

http://www.naija247news.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6850:-more-than-6-000-nigerian-citizens-jailed-abroad-for-drug-trafficking-offenses-ndlea-&catid=90:world-news&Itemid=197[/b]

This is arrant nonsense and a borderline blackmail of southeast of Nigeria by a fool named Femi Ajayi. I would have given a second thought to this balderdash accredited to Fami Ajayi if I had not read what a Nigerian diplomat, a kinsman of Fami Ajayi, in one of the southeast Asia countries said about Nigerians from southeast and how he colluded with authorities from one of the Asian countries to maltreat the chaps from southeast of Nigeria.
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by achi4u(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
may God save them all
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by FSU: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
Dede1:

This is arrant nonsense and a borderline blackmail of southeast of Nigeria by a fool named Femi Ajayi. I would have given a second thought to this balderdash accredited to Fami Ajayi if I had not read what a Nigerian diplomat, a kinsman of Fami Ajayi, in one of the southeast Asia countries said about Nigerians from southeast and how he colluded with authorities from one of the Asian countries to maltreat the chaps from southeast of Nigeria.

Dede1, most Nigerians arrested for drugs outside Nigeria are Igbos of Anambra origin. This is a fact I have witnessed for a number of European countries.
The case is different inside Nigeria though where Yorubas and Edo hold sway. Na division of labor now
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by Dede1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
FSU:

Dede1, most Nigerians arrested for drugs outside Nigeria are Igbos of Anambra origin. This is a fact I have witnessed for a number of European countries.
The case is different inside Nigeria though where Yorubas and Edo hold sway. Na division of labor now

Mr. know-it-all aka FSU, does your outside Nigeria includes USA or Canada? Judging from your thread about the pristine condition or lack thereof of Niger Bridge at Onicha/Asaba with respect to actualization of Biafra, I am not surprised you seemed to support this goofy crap.
Re: More Than 6, 000 Nigerian Citizens Jailed Abroad For Drug Traffickin​g Offenses' by FSU: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
[/b][b]
Dede1:

Mr. know-it-all aka FSU, does your outside Nigeria includes USA or Canada? Judging from your thread about the pristine condition or lack thereof of Niger Bridge at Onicha/Asaba with respect to actualization of Biafra, I am not surprised you seemed to support this goofy crap.

[/b]You are right, my angry brother. Igbos are in charge in Mainland Europe and Asia, while Yorubs are in charge in the americas (US, Canada and Brazil) and the UK. It is still the division of labor I touched on previously.[b][b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

I can't believe my President (GEJ) Said all these. / If You Impeach Jonathan, What Would MEND Do? ( For Some Idiots To Think) / Boko Haram Never Consulted Me Before Choosing Me-buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.