Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Our Life And Our Creator - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Life And Our Creator (820 Views)

Our Life's. / Our Life ,our Story / The Single Goal That Can Change Our Life! Prayer...<just Like Chelsea>read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Life And Our Creator by okidoki1075: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
It is important that we all at some point re-access our life. We might not all believe in “Religion” or “God”, but in the innermost part of us, we know that there is a “Creator”.

Today, after much meditation and reflection, I see everything in life as “vanity”.
Look at the plane crash that occurred in Nigeria couple of days back, that took over a 100 lives on board. Can you imagine that some people were sitting in their living rooms with their family when the plane crashed into their houses?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57446242/plane-crashes-in-nigeria-all-153-aboard-dead/

I have visited hospitals and prisons around the world, and the only question I could ask myself is …Is anything really worth it in life other than “good health and freedom. Is all the risk, the hustle and bustle really worth it when we don’t know when we will die?

I just told myself that the monks are living the best life on earth. Good people die, so do bad people, and they will all leave everything they have worked for behind. My zeal for wealth is fading away day by day. I am really getting tired of hard/risky hustle. I love my family, and I can’t afford anyone to wipe over my stupidity.

I will want to live and die a happy man. When death come at an unexpected time as it always do, I will want it to meet me happy. These are the things running through my mind today, and just feel I should share it with you all.

“Good health and freedom” are the two most important aspect of life, it is better to die than to be deprived of those two things indefinitely. If it’s just malaria, you know you will be fine in one to two weeks, or if you are involved in petty police case, you know you have only a couple of days to spend behind bars. But if you are caught with drugs, fraudulent activities, robbery, and the likes, then you are looking at years behind bars, or if you are involve in a life threatening accident then you are looking at a long time on the sick bed.

My prayer to my creator today is to see me through this time of my life. I know my life is a story and it can save a life if not lives, but I wouldn’t share that today.

This is the time we all need to have a relationship with our creator. To meditate, connect and listen in spirit. My father’s two brothers died two weeks ago, couple of day’s interval between both deaths. Isn’t that a wakeup call for? Both slept and didn’t wake up. There might be different things happening around you, but you are not just attentive enough.

I know we are all going to die soon or later, even if our creator gives us a hundred years, we still wouldn’t want to die. But that is the destiny of all. To be born and to die, we have not been given a choice over that by our creator. What happens after death I am not sure, but different people have different believes. I believe that what happens after death is the legacy you leave behind. It could be a “legacy of hatred or love”.

The most important thing to me now is the legacy I leave behind. My question is this: if you were opportune to be spiritually present at your eulogy while nobody can see you, what will people say about you? My answer is: What they say about you is the legacy you have left behind.

I am really considering a whole lot of things in my life right now, and I guess you do as well.
We should live everyday like we are prepared to die, not that we pray for premature death, but we need to make sure that our household and our lives are always in order.

Who am I to judge or condemn? Look at the churches and pastors, they have turned the church into business centers, and turned human beings to money printing machines. Most started with real zeal, but money and pride as made them spiritual robbers, they are bigger thieves than armed robbers. They lure people to bring their money; building universities that can’t be afforded by the commoners; giving special chairs to rich people in church. OMG! What a wicked and disastrous world we live in. Our creator has been so patient with humans. I have lost my respect for them. Most of them now tend to justify and rationalize why they need to live luxurious lifestyles. I have only talked about the pastors because I was born into the Christendom, so please don’t hate me for that.

Our creator is patient with us all, for all have sinned and come short of his glory. Bishops, pastors and spiritual leaders are turning into gays, OMG! It is a sad world we live in. The death of those people in the plane crash hurt me so much, and all I could do was to reassess my life and inspire us all to be prepared at all time. How can we be prepared? It is very simple, just show “LOVE” to all. I am not preaching Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, or anything else. What I understand as repentance is L.O.V.E.

Look around the world my dear, political leaders killing their citizens, (can you imagine Assad of Syria) there is nothing so safe in this world again. See great men who were once mini gods on earth brought down. Mubarak of Egypt was sentenced to life; Charles Taylor dished 50 years imprisonment, which means life imprisonment for him; Saddam Hussein hung like a pig in the abattoir; Muammar Gaddafi killed like a chicken. I am moved by the happenings of the world, and I want to do nothing but “watch and pray”

I think the monks live the best life on earth. Today I am re-evaluating my foot steps in life, and I am asking my creator to put LOVE in my heart.

My eyes have seen, my ears have heard, my life has experienced, and I am a testimony. All my life has been lived by his grace (My creator).

I don’t know his name, but I know he exists. You can call him any name you like, he understands.

You can leave your comments and views:
https://twitter.com/okidoki1075

(1) (Reply)

Twelve Months / The Struggles Of Ifeoma (part 2) / Of Dreams And Colours - Episode 1(Short Story Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.