Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification (9116 Views)

New Facts Show President Jonathan’s Age Falsification / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Sammie Okposo Slams Buhari, Says He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by ajayioluwatobi(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2012
Oyo State Government said on Sunday that it had sacked 3,000 workers over certificate forgery and age falsification among other offences.

In a statement, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media, Dr. Festus Adedayo, said the workers were sacked to save the civil service.

According to the statement, workers without letters of appointment and those having disciplinary cases are among those affected.

The statement said the Abiola Ajimobi administration inherited the staff rationalisation list from its predecessor which engaged the services of a management consultancy outfit to screen records of all public and civil servants in the state and their positions.

It stated that after the exercise, the consultancy outfit came up with the list of workers that violated the rules of engagement in the state civil service.

It added that government secured an indemnity from the consulting firm to ensure that due process was followed in compiling the list of the affected.

After verifying the claims of the consulting outfit, the statement said, many of the workers who were exonerated by the panel had their names removed from the list before the cleansing exercise.

The statement read in part, “The state government will not continue to abet the service of workers who forged their certificates, ages or who violated their rules of engagement to stay a day longer in the workforce. It is like a cancer which, if not promptly checked, can eat up the whole of the system.”

Meanwhile, Ajimobi will on Monday swore in 11 permanent secretaries recently promoted in the civil service.

Source= www.punchng.com/news/oyo-sacks-3000-workers-for-forgery/
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Jilo83(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2012
If done wit sincerity of purpose, it's good n wil add value 2 civil service in d state.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by miteolu(m): 10:08am On Jun 11, 2012
Ajimobi (Oyo State governor) should not pretend as the only saint in Africa. His hands are not clean. If he is properly checked, forgery and false declaration are Ajimobi's next of kin and best friend .
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Ournaija: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2012
How are we sure they were sacked for the afore mentioned reasons? Something tells me that they were sacked because there are PDP members. undecided
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by nerodenero: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2012
A good step in the direction but what about those pen-thieves that have looted the treasury?Since those civil servants were sacked then any corrupt leader should be jailed!
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by ebamma(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2012
so even our civil servant the use dia football age?
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by ebamma(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2012
pls the government should find a way an support dis sacked workers cos many of dis 3000 workers are the breadwinners of dia various families
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by nitrogen(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2012
miteolu: Ajimobi (Oyo State governor) should not pretend as the only saint in Africa. His hands are not clean. If he is properly checked, forgery and false declaration are Ajimobi's next of kin and best friend .
Omg! A good step is taken, no applaud, all you can do is to castigate. Bros you can do better than this.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by megareal: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Getting sacked in this terrible economy? I say its most pitiable...

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by inspirenet: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2012
lol - funny
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by maasoap(m): 10:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Are you going to replace them? If yes, the reason for sacking them is genuine. If no, your motive was to reduce workforce.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by miteolu(m): 10:30am On Jun 11, 2012
nitrogen:
Omg! A good step is taken, no applaud, all you can do is to castigate. Bros you can do better than this.

All is for cost reduction. just await tenure expiration you will then see EFCC action on his stand - still government.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by StateOfMind: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2012
Ournaija: How are we sure they were sacked for the afore mentioned reasons? Something tells me that they were sacked because there are PDP members. undecided

Actually, you are not totally wrong about this. A family friend of mine was served with a compulsory retirement letter on friday and i was so shocked wen I was told its because he's suspected to be from the opposition party.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by toluxe0075: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2012
undecidedNumber of unemployment increases
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by mapet: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2012
My Brother,

1. Please don't let the corruption on NL infect you and don't waste your God given talent, because I want to make a basic assumption that you're smart.
2. Well If you read the article very well, the exercise was started by his predicessor, Akala, a PDP man. Ajimobi only completed the exercise which is necessary
3. Pray, tell me, what is more important, having a lean, effective and true workforce or a multitude ridden with fake certificates and a drain on the revenue of the state.
4. This particular type of problem is in virtually all states in the Federation. We've been awashed of ghost workers that government finds out and sacks on a recurring basis.

Ournaija: How are we sure they were sacked for the afore mentioned reasons? Something tells me that they were sacked because there are PDP members. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Afam4eva(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2012
In a sane country, such steps should be applauded but in Nigeria, there maybe other reasons why they were sacked.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by WhoIGoAsk: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
Nemesis
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by mapet: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2012
..but for me the critical question are these,

1. Did you friend get into the civil service with authentic certificates?
2. Did your friend have any disciplinary issue?

No matter the way we spin it, if any of the affected are guilty of the the two above, then their case is difficult to argue. If your friend belongs to the opposition party, do you think the government will trust him? Do you think they'll not be weary of a mole or moles in their cabinet/administration? I'm not too sure, but you're friend cannot serve 2 masters in this case as well. If he wants to be in politics, he either resigns and joins or try not to make his political disposition known till such a time, a government he favours is in power.

StateOfMind:

Actually, you are not totally wrong about this. A family friend of mine was served with a compulsory retirement letter on friday and i was so shocked wen I was told its because he's suspected to be from the opposition party.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by begwong: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2012
Does dat implies that the state govt can now employ fresh grads to replace d sackees?.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by goldng: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2012
Meaning there would be Vacancy to employ [b]Qualified [/b]Staff? grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by goldng: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2012
begwong: Does dat implies that the state govt can now employ fresh grads to replace d sackees?.

Nice question Joor
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by wandeay: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2012
he should hav pretend as if he dosnt knw, dats d system used in 9ja plus including d political leaders, mostly our Legislooters
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2012
What a reason to use in sending people out of job and leave more funds for personal aggrandisement
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Goldenheart(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2012
3000 is a handfull....lets hope they dnt turn bad.....cos of joblessness.
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by ifeci: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2012
Good move, those civil servants reverse their age every year to remain on the position making it almost impossible for our young graduates to secure jobs. Good move Mr Govanor!
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by Cheggoon(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2012
Fashola sack Doctors......!
Ajimobi sack Civil servants....!
A.C.N, Democracy for justice indeed....!
I dey laff....ooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by yorke1: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2012
Lies. It's political hurting. Just trying to get rid-off PDP members. Shekina!
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by emsquare(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2012
afam4eva: In a sane country, such steps should be applauded but in Nigeria, there maybe other reasons why they were sacked.

True!
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by omicron(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2012
miteolu: Ajimobi (Oyo State governor) should not pretend as the only saint in Africa. His hands are not clean. If he is properly checked, forgery and false declaration are Ajimobi's next of kin and best friend .
must we always make our opinions sound as if it's a fact already?
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by sholay2011(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=miteolu]Ajimobi (Oyo State governor) should not pretend as the only saint in Africa. His hands are not clean. If he is properly checked, forgery and false declaration are Ajimobi's next of kin and best friend .[/quote
must u always destructively criticise any move by ppl of govt?? Even wen smth gud is done, u re too blinded by ur silly mindset to see it...o.d.e!
Re: Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification by maigaskiya1: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2012
ebamma: so even our civil servant the use dia football age?
so much 4d saint yorubas.eehe so una dy forge age join na wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Millionaire Kola Aluko Spotted With Naomi Campbell(photos) / HOME » NEWS » Electricity Generation Hits 4,009MW, Improves Gradually / Ambode:We’ll Increase Lagos GDP 2ru Entertainment As M.I,Shina Peters Visit Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.