Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Remembering The Aba Women's Revolt Of 1929 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering The Aba Women's Revolt Of 1929 (817 Views)

Aba Women Massively Protest Over Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu' Detention. / Biafra: The Aba Road Surprise! live picture feeds! / 1929 Aba Women Riot: 80 Years Of Distorted History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering The Aba Women's Revolt Of 1929 by adegeorge(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
You probably haven’t heard about Nwayeruwa, the woman who sparked a protest that twisted the hand of the British colonialists backwards until they had to give in on the issue of taxing women. We don’t do enough history in Nigeria; in fact, history is not being taken at all in many schools. If we have a good understanding of where we are coming from, we will understand why were are where we are, then we can move forward from there. So I am giving a little history lesson of my own and today we will be learning about the Aba Women’s Revolt of 1929. Here we go!

Read More here;

http://community.ipledge2nigeria.com/blogs/44/3114

1 Like

Re: Remembering The Aba Women's Revolt Of 1929 by Piyke: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
adegeorge: You probably haven’t heard about Nwayeruwa, the woman who sparked a protest that twisted the hand of the British colonialists backwards until they had to give in on the issue of taxing women. We don’t do enough history in Nigeria; in fact, history is not being taken at all in many schools. If we have a good understanding of where we are coming from, we will understand why were are where we are, then we can move forward from there. So I am giving a little history lesson of my own and today we will be learning about the Aba Women’s Revolt of 1929. Here we go!

Read More here;

http://community.ipledge2nigeria.com/blogs/44/3114

Very very true. I believe that history should be a compulsory subject at some point during every nigerian's education.

(1) (Reply)

I Reported Otedola’s Bribe To Police And EFCC In April – Farouk Lawan / Kano State Govt. Stops Pilgrimage Sponsorship, Buying Sallah Rams / Gov. Adams Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.