Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk (730 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by wellmax(m): 6:09am On Jun 12, 2012
CONTRARY to his insistence on Sunday that he did not meet with or receive any bribe from anybody, documents in possession of The PUNCH showed that Chairman of the House of Representatives probe panel on fuel subsidy mismanagement, Farouk Lawal, indeed accepted $500,000 from billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola.

Clerk of the committee, Boniface Emenalo, also received $100,000 from the businessman.

The sums added up to the $600,000 bribery scandal rocking the House committee which recently exposed how some subsidy thieves robbed the nation of whopping N1.7trn.

Farouk and Emenalo, as the documents, mostly correspondence, indicated, however let in the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, into the “attempt” by Otedola to bribe them.

Also, there were indications in the correspondence that Lawan intimated the House committee chairman on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Adams Jagaba.

Sundry documents

In one of the documents sourced by our correspondents in Abuja on Monday, Lawan, in a letter to Jagaba, wrote, “Attached (to the letter) is the sum of five hundred thousand dollars only offered to me with another promise of two million, five hundred thousand dollars.”

Another letter written by Emenalo to Lawan read, “I wish to inform you that I was on his invitation, at the residence of their Chairman, Mr. Femi Otedola, in Maitama (Aso Drive) this morning and he offered me the sum of one hundred thousand US dollars in two bundles of $50,000 each. The money is herewith forwarded as evidence.”

Another letter, reference number,CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/309 indicated that the IG directed “a discreet investigation into the matter.” The letter was signed by Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force, Ali Amodu.

Both Jagaba and the police on Monday declined comments on their involvement in the matter.

While Jagaba told our correspondent that he could not comment on the matter on the telephone, spokesman for the police, Frank Mba, said he had yet to get an update on the probe.

“I was unable to reach CP Ali Amodu who is handling the investigation but I will get back to you once I get an update on the matter,” he said on the telephone on Monday

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-took-otedolas-n96m-bribe-to-expose-him-lawan/
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by wellmax(m): 6:17am On Jun 12, 2012
Who's report would we believe?
Bunch of criminals.
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by banmaster(m): 7:13am On Jun 12, 2012
grin[img][/img] grin grin
wellmax: Who's report would we believe?
Bunch of criminals.
grin
Bunch of criminals.

GBAAAM
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by Super1759: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Finally dis farouk is a crimminal.I thought he denied before.now he accepted it but reported to police. Lie!!!! Kaiii tufiakwa gi farouk onye ohi
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by kokoA(m): 7:38am On Jun 12, 2012
Super1759: Finally dis farouk is a crimminal.I thought he denied before.now he accepted it but reported to police. Lie!!!! Kaiii tufiakwa gi farouk onye ohi
Did you read the story at all or you just saw the title and drew a conclusion? Smh! Please read, its good for you.
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by djustice: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2012
kokoA: Did you read the story at all or you just saw the title and drew a conclusion? Smh! Please read, its good for you.

What kind of a fool are you? Did you not read yourself when he initially denied collecting ANY money from Otedola? How does that now sit with this new rubbish he's spewing?? My friend, go and grow a brain to replace that coconut in your agidigbo head. Ode.
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by inspirenet: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2012
Super1759: Finally dis farouk is a crimminal.I thought he denied before.now he accepted it but reported to police. Lie!!!! Kaiii tufiakwa gi farouk onye ohi

I cant laugh
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by Olaolufred(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2012
Bunch of criminals.
God's report.
lol
Re: I Took Otedola’s N96m Bribe To Expose Him –Lawan Farouk by Olaolufred(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2012
It is a drama.
Movie orchestrated due to a collaboration to cover up the cabals by the PDP govt.
You know that the script was acted by Otedola and SSS.
SSS has a fake Qaqa remanded, but the real one is still feeding Nigerians with infos from Boko World.
They arested Kabir Sokoto, though we do not know if he's been replaced in the cell.
I am amazed at their zeal in the hands of those who can give each of their staff 1 million Dollars.
Serving money instead of State.
I want Farouk Lawan purnished if he betrayed the trust of Nigerians.
But also, the moneybags behind our stolen trillions should not walk the streets like heroes again.
The presidency and PDP caused these mess from the begining.
Sour story.

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin To Osogbo Road Is A Death Trap / Fct Names Road After Patience Jonathan / David Mark Vs New Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.