Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509555 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2012
earthgreeners: @idomaboi and lucky Don, una just come dey make dis forum boring with uneccesary arguments and irrelevant questions.....ha!!!....
Im sorry, but na wetin dey my mind I yarn so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2012
@Rocker thanks 4 the reply cos i apply 4 post graduate.Please did you write tofl or just all your dox.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 10:10am On Dec 23, 2012
don_decency: Do u need toefl if u re goin 4 an Bsc in canada?
bros what you just need go to any school that interest you and check their requirment there you know if tofl is important.It may also interest to know that many schools in Canada do waive tofl 4 we international student cos they know we are from english country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2012
Don_decency,from my experience,most canadian schools does not require TOEFL from Nigerians because we are from anglophone (english speaking)country...once u have up to C6 in ur waec english u are good to go.buh still check their website and call them shaa....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hi forumites,any body that's has travelled to Canada before please brief me on the cheapest airline to Toronto...someone told me its about 160k for one way ticket...pls pals how true is this?I need ur contributions please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
lucky Don: Hi forumites,any body that's has travelled to Canada before please brief me on the cheapest airline to Toronto...someone told me its about 160k for one way ticket...pls pals how true is this?I need ur contributions please?
Guy, one step @ a time! You just submitted your application! Wait til you even get called for medicals before you start worrying abt tickets, lugagges and what have you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Lol...I have absolute faith that we will all get to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
kanayogod:
Guy, one step @ a time! You just submitted your application! Wait til you even get called for medicals before you start worrying abt tickets, lugagges and what have you!

Haha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sir P!:
I've always wondered why there are no direct flights from Lagos to t.dot. With the volume of Nigerians coming to Canada , any airline plying that route would be making immense profit. And just to reiterate Lufthansa flights stop at Frankfurt, a mate used it a week ago so I'm quite sure . Merry Christmas in advance to everyone

WAS WONDERING TOO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
lucky Don: Dear illuminati,is it one way?I think that's expensive oh...but I go manage sha...do u know there stopover countries
if you said it is expensive what about other airlines that charges more? They are the cheapest for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
lucky Don: Hi forumites,any body that's has travelled to Canada before please brief me on the cheapest airline to Toronto...someone told me its about 160k for one way ticket...pls pals how true is this?I need ur contributions please?
check www.wakanow.com cheap flights
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
i'm still wondering will the embassy work tomorrow?...VAC told me their own office will work...Make them release med and trv in Jesus name.. Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
Idomaboi: i'm still wondering will the embassy work tomorrow?...VAC told me their own office will work...Make them release med and trv in Jesus name.. Amen

yes VAC will work tomorro and after the Christmas holiday cos they have Nigerian staff alot who will handle and accept applications. According to the security man that works in CDHC he said cdhc main decision takers has all travelled for the holiday so no serious business till around early Januar say first monday after new year but that they still have receptionist open to accept more application from VAC till the main ogas come back to process them. So the way things are now, i think those who have not heard from cdhc should be patient till they resume by January cos most of them have their family in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
Idomaboi: i'm still wondering will the embassy work tomorrow?...VAC told me their own office will work...Make them release med and trv in Jesus name.. Amen

yes VAC will work tomorro and after the Christmas holiday cos they have Nigerian staff alot who will handle and accept applications. CDHC main decision takers has all travelled for the holiday so no serious business till around early Januar but they still have receptionist open to accept more application from VAC till the main ogas come back to process them. So the way things are now, i think those who have not heard from cdhc should be patient till they resume by January cos most of them have their family in canada to spend time with. Those who has not done medicals, get ready to defer your admission cos time no dey again as cdhc habbit is asking for new start date every january base on old thread. For those waiting for TRV, be ready to receive it as ur new year gift.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
Idomaboi,I can see ur TRV on the way...just pray hard and trust in GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
adim02: @Rocker thanks 4 the reply cos i apply 4 post graduate.Please did you write tofl or just all your dox.Thanks

didnt write tofl. just my transcript and school cert(which was thru email). thats all i sent em......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=TRV_IJN]@those who Recently just travelled to Canada
Please do you know if MTN will work there (Toronto). I don't plan to use MTN over there, just that my Internet banking would require a code that will be sent to my MTN anytime i initiate a transfer and since I don't wanna travel with all my budgeted cash,I will need to make transfer when I have a Canadian Bank account. I have alternatives for the transfer (I am a banker). My question is just on MTN roaming

It does, but have at least 1000naira on it cos roaming rates are high
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Idomaboi:
how many bags is a customer allowed to carry?including hand lugage..someone said economy class can take two lugages each 23kg and a hand lugage..is this true?please i need to know
That's right. 2 pieces of 23kg each, 10kg carry on, and 2 kg for your laptop bag/camera case etc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks Sir P. Will do[quote author=Sir P!][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
lucky Don: Idomaboi,I can see ur TRV on the way...just pray hard and trust in GOD!!!
Amennnnnn my brother...Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....you will be called soon for your medical in Jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by terryhill: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
pless brothers is the canada application still on,, and what is the web site for applyin... thnx nd God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks idomaboi...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
lucky Don: Thanks idomaboi...
amenooooooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=Sir P!][/quote]
iluminati:

yes VAC will work tomorro and after the Christmas holiday cos they have Nigerian staff alot who will handle and accept applications. According to the security man that works in CDHC he said cdhc main decision takers has all travelled for the holiday so no serious business till around early Januar say first monday after new year but that they still have receptionist open to accept more application from VAC till the main ogas come back to process them. So the way things are now, i think those who have not heard from cdhc should be patient till they resume by January cos most of them have their family in canada.
DO U VE IT ON AUTHORITY THAT THEY CANNOT MAKE CRITICAL DECISIONS PRIOR TO JAN 2nd? My program begins Jan 7th and beginning to wonder wat best decision to take cos I've got basically under 2wks to get my trv in d kitty. I just pray and believe God that all TRV hopefuls shall receive the good news this December.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
I'm set to resign my 5yr job in the bank for a PG program and other certification in Toronto. I'm one of the rather unfortunate engineering graduates "wasting" in d bank due to d dearth of gainful employment in technical sectors. Please fellow Nairalanders: is Canada worth this sacrifice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
artmostfair:
DO U VE IT ON AUTHORITY THAT THEY CANNOT MAKE CRITICAL DECISIONS PRIOR TO JAN 2nd? My program begins Jan 7th and beginning to wonder wat best decision to take cos I've got basically under 2wks to get my trv in d kitty. I just pray and believe God that all TRV hopefuls shall receive the good news this December.
Ammennnnnnn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 5:59am On Dec 24, 2012
@artmostfair you have to ask your self d purpose of living ur 5years job cos of canada.Let me tell u dat canny is not a place u just get all u want rather sacrifies to make life battle 4 u.Whatever u decid affect ur 2morrow not forumite u know ur self better that we d forumite
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2012
artmostfair: I'm set to resign my 5yr job in the bank for a PG program and other certification in Toronto. I'm one of the rather unfortunate engineering graduates "wasting" in d bank due to d dearth of gainful employment in technical sectors. Please fellow Nairalanders: is Canada worth this sacrifice?
why dont you get the visa first before you even think of resigning? Puttting all your eggs in one basket can make you regret for the rest of your life. Get the visa first and then you can resign. Simple!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 24, 2012
adim02: @artmostfair you have to ask your self d purpose of living ur 5years job cos of canada.Let me tell u dat canny is not a place u just get all u want rather sacrifies to make life battle 4 u.Whatever u decid affect ur 2morrow not forumite u know ur self better that we d forumite
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2012
omosanyaolak:
why dont you get the visa first before you even think of resigning? Puttting all your eggs in one basket can make you regret for the rest of your life. Get the visa first and then you can resign. Simple!

Na wa o! Hw can u imagine that any sane guy would resign his job for an unissued visa? Is that not insanity? Of course I naturally should first get my trv, report to my school, then instruct a friend to drop my resignation. Simple.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2012
iluminati:
yes VAC will work tomorro and after the Christmas holiday cos they have Nigerian staff alot who will handle and accept applications. CDHC main decision takers has all travelled for the holiday so no serious business till around early Januar but they still have receptionist open to accept more application from VAC till the main ogas come back to process them. So the way things are now, i think those who have not heard from cdhc should be patient till they resume by January cos most of them have their family in canada to spend time with. Those who has not done medicals, get ready to defer your admission cos time no dey again as cdhc habbit is asking for new start date every january base on old thread. For those waiting for TRV, be ready to receive it as ur new year gift.
Guys abeg disregard the above comment, some people just can't sleep well @ night without spreading bad news. First it was trv quota was the reason for 'massive denials', time having proved them wrong they've gone on to CDHC 'On Vacation' from 'a reliable source'. Does it make sense that CDHC would leave all those awaiting trv since mid nov to go on vacation till next year? CDHC's rules are tricky though so all we got to do is wait & encourage each other rmbr amidst all of this @J20 got med call Nov 2nd, 2wks later he got trv without tuition payment, also peeps hv also gotten trv 2wks after fall 2012 start date.
An observation - @idomaboi & lucky don ur posts seem related couple of days now & u guys seem to reference each other's posts a lot...are u guys twins?
artmostfair:
DO U VE IT ON AUTHORITY THAT THEY CANNOT MAKE CRITICAL DECISIONS PRIOR TO JAN 2nd?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.