Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509848 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
I will give u a call soon...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
lucky Don: I will give u a call soon...
ok..hoping for an ear tingling news tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pls good forumites...none of us shall be disappointed by d special grace of God. God wii surely grant us our heart desires. Amen

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
artmostfair: Pls good forumites...none of us shall be disappointed by d special grace of God. God wii surely grant us our heart desires. Amen
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
2rw is another business day at VAC...I think we should expect some updates....

>>> Summer and Fall 2013 applicants Loading....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Idomaboi:
yeah...i can't reach my agent to give me the application reference number and VAC won't give me...do u know any other way i can track?

Once your application was not submitted thru VAC, then you can't track. Tracking is meant for VAC customers. All you can do is to keep calling your agent for updates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2012
earthgreeners:

Let mumsy continue running that savings account. Im sure she can still be paying into that account...

If she would be receiving cheques in lieu of cash into the current account due to the cashless whateva (which I doubt), she can still make transfer into the savings account which would keep dat account running till you get ur TRV.

TRV_IJN: The account is ur mumsie's yeah? Then let her sponsor you in her personal capacity.you may include her biz docs as proof of her occupation but if the biz isn't sponsoring you, then the biz's official bank account statement has no biz in ur application. Work on showing ties to her and other parts to bolster your application. I believe you are good to go with ur mumsie's savings account.

adim02: @ezme since the account is ur mums than you dont have problem.Am a worker and i have current and savings account.My current is my salaries account,so what i do some time clear d whole cash in current to savings 4 at least 2weeks then back again to current which i will use come fall 2013. what your mum need is transfer from current to savings.Cash flows matters alot.
TRV_IJN: Just FYI.
A savings account isn't inferior to a current account. Important things are;
1. The account statement is for 6months as they requested
2. The cashflow shows viability (money dey enter and significant part of the money no dey 'always' comot 'quick quick' meaning say this person get 'savings' to sustain am and dependents)
3. The account is either yours or that of a sponsor (the sponsorship letter would have a statement referring to attached bank statement where bank statement is sponsor's)
4. The statement is authentic and verifiable by the issuing bank (u fit ask the bank to include a cover letter accompanying the statement)

NB: No 2 is tricky,I believe the VO's objective is to get an opinion on whether the sponsor (self or other sponsor)will have enogh funds after dealing his regular bills- 6 months is enough to say 'okay mama charly dey always spend like (average) of 100,000 per month so if e won sponsor charly, wen the normal say 400k enter every month and she comot 100k, based on history on 1/2 a year statement, do I think she go fit pay charly school fees, chop, pay house rent and other things w/out going broke? Try answering the questions it will help you. Type of account is not truly relevant

Thanks for all your inputs, they have been really helpful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2012
Fall 2013 loading..... grin
Pls how many sponsors can one have. Im planning to sponsor mysef, but i dont think my account will be sufficient enof.
2of my brothers are willing to stand as co-sponsor. Can i have 2 co-sponsor ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2012
You guys are really trying on this incomparable site,I swear!

I am a private pilot holder(aeroplane) and I got admission to do my commercial pilot training in cana,currently am in south africa. I want you guys to advice me if I should apply for the visa in southy or naija,considerin d chances getting d visa

Compliment of the season
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2012
rockar: Fall 2013 loading..... grin
Pls how many sponsors can one have. Im planning to sponsor mysef, but i dont think my account will be sufficient enof.
2of my brothers are willing to stand as co-sponsor. Can i have 2 co-sponsor ?

I think you can have them either as main sponsor or co-sponsor depending on what they have in their account as well as their source of income etc..... Each of them should state clearly the expenses they would cater for...

Can u please indicate the financial status of ur brothers so we could better advise you on who should be the main sponsor and the co-sponsor.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 10:10am On Dec 27, 2012
cessna150: You guys are really trying on this incomparable site,I swear!

I am a private pilot holder(aeroplane) and I got admission to do my commercial pilot training in cana,currently am in south africa. I want you guys to advice me if I should apply for the visa in southy or naija,considerin d chances getting d visa

Compliment of the season
hi...i have a ppl aeroplane as well and have applied for my cpl in canada and awaiting my visa in nigeria,i would advise you apply for your visa from sa cos of the waiting time in nigeria and for the fact that they doubt most of your documents,even if it had to be the same waiting time for your visa, you can always continue building hours in sa as opposed to nigeria where there is no where you can rent a plane for hour building,and also you dont get rusty.in a scenario where it takes you about 4-5months to get your visa,without any flying during that period,u might have to do a refresher when you get to canada,what school are you going to do tho?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:49am On Dec 27, 2012
bumdish:

I am yet to make my trip and I would be glad to share a first hand experience as soon as possible.
I actually share your sentiments but the result of my online reviews shows that their service isn't too different from what you obtain from big name flyers. Beside, I understand they are currently the best in Africa (even better than South African Airline) and they use a 777 for their Canada/Lagos route.
In my opinion, the guy that requested for the cheapest fare is probably more bothered about the Cost than the Luxury or travel time, so far his safety isn't threatened and I believe alot of guys out their share the same interest.

Fulfilling my promise of giving a first hand info about my Ethiopian Air experience, I would do a comparison btw Lufthansa(L) and Ethiopian Air(E) based on my experience on both airliners plying same route.No marketing or de-marketing intended. Just my personal observations.

Hours in Air : L - 15.25 hr | E - 17.30 hr #Lufthansa wins
Connecting flight waiting time : L - 6 hr | E - 30 mins #Ethiopian clear winner
General state of airplane : L - 9/10 | E - 9/10 #No clear winner
Baggage size : L - 2 * 23Kg | E - 2 * 23Kg #No clear winner
Air Hostess : L -Just there | E - Super beautiful African queens #Ethiopian clear winner
State of Airport : L - Frankfurt airport was squeaky clean and fully functional | E - Bus terminal for Canada better pass am. Maintenance na the issue. But 10X better than MMA Lagos. I felt I entered a hole the moment we arrived in Naija. Na standing fan we get for our Arrival terminal *SMH* #Lufthansa clear winner
Meal : L - I think we took 3 meals, so so coffee and broccoli | E - 4 nice meals. I even requested for an extra meal and was gladly given #Ethiopian clear winner
Personalized Entertainment : L - only Touch Screen | E - Touch screen and buttons with Nollywood channel) #Ethiopian wins
Cost : #Ethiopian clear winner

All things being equal, I guess I have my preference already.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2012
bumdish: Fulfilling my promise of giving a first hand info about my Ethiopian Air experience, I would do a comparison btw Lufthansa(L) and Ethiopian Air(E) based on my experience on both airliners plying same route.No marketing or de-marketing intended. Just my personal observations.

Hours in Air : L - 15.25 hr | E - 17.30 hr #Lufthansa wins
Connecting flight waiting time : L - 6 hr | E - 30 mins #Ethiopian clear winner
General state of airplane : L - 9/10 | E - 9/10 #No clear winner
Baggage size : L - 2 * 23Kg | E - 2 * 23Kg #No clear winner
Air Hostess : L -Just there | E - Super beautiful African queens #Ethiopian clear winner
State of Airport : L - Frankfurt airport was squeaky clean and fully functional | E - Bus terminal for Canada better pass am. Maintenance na the issue. But 10X better than MMA Lagos. I felt I entered a hole the moment we arrived in Naija. Na standing fan we get for our Arrival terminal *SMH* #Lufthansa clear winner
Meal : L - I think we took 3 meals, so so coffee and broccoli | E - 4 nice meals. I even requested for an extra meal and was gladly given #Ethiopian clear winner
Personalized Entertainment : L - only Touch Screen | E - Touch screen and buttons with Nollywood channel) #Ethiopian wins
Cost : #Ethiopian clear winner

All things being equal, I guess I have my preference already.

Your comparism was unneccesary , u shlda just said;
''Ethopian airline is OK (Cheap and with good service)''

When people for forum go enter Ethopian and dem get bad experience.. @bumdish , some go curse you ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2012
mosquitoway: hi...i have a ppl aeroplane as well and have applied for my cpl in canada and awaiting my visa in nigeria,i would advise you apply for your visa from sa cos of the waiting time in nigeria and for the fact that they doubt most of your documents,even if it had to be the same waiting time for your visa, you can always continue building hours in sa as opposed to nigeria where there is no where you can rent a plane for hour building,and also you dont get rusty.in a scenario where it takes you about 4-5months to get your visa,without any flying during that period,u might have to do a refresher when you get to canada,what school are you going to do tho?

I am going to Pacific flying club cos its vry cheap and they got C-150 and 152.thx for d advise Capt,I will apply frm southy den.I got my Uk 6mnths visa frm there last month without any stress,so I feel cana aint gonna be problem @all. Which school are you going now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2012
Ethiopian airline is really very nice flying with and very affordable. You can book one way flight to Toronto Canada at 203k. Their transit waiting time is very short without delay. Give then a try and you will get superb service same big airline gives. Although they are big airline too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2012
kelly4top: Ethiopian airline is really very nice flying with and very affordable. You can book one way flight to Toronto Canada at 203k. Their transit waiting time is very short without delay. Give then a try and you will get superb service same big airline gives. Although they are big airline too.

Nice one Kelly......I wish Nigeria could av an airline like Ethopia...
Do they also connect from Toronto to other areas in canada or one wld av to book anoda flight @toronto pearson?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2012
@Mosquitoway, any updates?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2012
earthgreeners:

Your comparism was unneccesary , u shlda just said;
''Ethopian airline is OK (Cheap and with good service)''

When people for forum go enter Ethopian and dem get bad experience.. @bumdish , some go curse you ooooo

@earthgreeners, I think anyone who has cursed you after taking a decision that turned sour based on some of the useful, kind and good intentioned information you have made available on this forum has only done a wrong thing.

This information is purely based on a personal experience and was not generalized in any way. Like most other info here, only a glutton would consume everything on a faceless forum and swallow hook, line and Sinker and am sure most Nigerians are smarter than that. Even the owners of the business will tell you "Terms and Conditions apply". @earthgreeners, this is simply a customer review, it is not a binding contract.
Happy New Year in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2012
My eyes have beheld my TRV, my hands have touched and felt it. My God is good.
Love you all.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2012
TRV_IJN: My eyes have beheld my TRV, my hands have touched and felt it. My God is good.
Love you all.

lets some body shout halleluiah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2012
TRV_IJN: My eyes have beheld my TRV, my hands have touched and felt it. My God is good.
Love you all.
TRV in Jesus Name. I guess this is mission accomplished. Biggest congrats, what a year you would say!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2012
Congrat bro, i will let u knw as soon as am ready 2 repackage. Am hapi 4 u bro
bumdish:
TRV in Jesus Name. I guess this is mission accomplished. Biggest congrats, what a year you would say!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
bumdish:

congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Halleluya!!!! Omo it is not a small thing o, I fit scream for here wey I dey o, my God is good. Omo make una do una best but 'if a man commits his way to God, He will bring it to pass'
surecan:

lets some body shout halleluiah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ trv ijn - congrats.
@Bumdish- nice one, I like ur detailed comparison. Sum ppl will prefer to see very beautifl african queen hostess no matter d cost, time of flight and other conditions.
If u think its a lie- ask blink.
Sum ppl say ET is molue, bt wit ur review, it is dependent on the flight. The time difference is nt bad.

@ my ppl, have u tracked today? Abeg make una track ooo.
I neva track bt will be tracking soon. Work too much 4 office 2day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
has anyone's status changed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Love you all.
Congratulations! God is faithful.
Start your preparation fast, there is so much to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
dealexad: Guys, my status changed today and i got my trv today too!! na for brt bus stop i bin track d tin on my bb o.
All TRV/MEDICAL awaitees, patience. spoke with d guy at the vfs office and he said they will still issue trv's from thursday, after the 26th.

Congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Bumdish; Thanks for the update. I will try Ethiopian Airline next time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
earthgreeners:

Nice one Kelly......I wish Nigeria could av an airline like Ethopia...
Do they also connect from Toronto to other areas in canada or one wld av to book anoda flight @toronto pearson?
@ The land is green.. Lol ..
You will need to book one of the Canadian local flight to any other destination of your choice in Canada once they land you at the biggest Canadian international airport in pearson Toronto then you will find your way after doinf clearance at the port of entry.
For local flights, I will advise you book Aircanada cos they are the cheapest and belongs to Canada government at subsidised rate.
Nigeria still have a long way to go. We never get better railway line not to talk of international airline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Thanks J20, my school resumes in March, i go still chop January and February salary here in Naija before i leave. all the same, i will take your advice and start preparation
J20:
Congratulations! God is faithful.
Start your preparation fast, there is so much to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.