Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,322 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509973 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
@idomaboi, which address did u mail? Did u include ur pp no in d mail?
@remaining august applicants, any news?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dear Gobi38,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by your sister's denial. Let me make it clear that we didnt deny her on flimpsy excuses.....The question is; you as the sponsor is based in the US and your sister couldnt provide us with strong evidence to show her ties to Nigeria...

Due to high volume of applications, we instructed her to go for medicals based on preliminary examination of her case file.

Could you please tell the house all about ur sister's application, the day she submitted, her course, her academic backgound etc...and stop making us look like monsters

Well, tell her to ask for earthgreeners when she is at the gate (Na joke ooo)

Best Regards,
Earthgreeners
VO, CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
since you said everything is complete and that you paid both accommodation and tuition then i suspect the refusal must have been based on medical report. Is ur sister married? If yes hope she was not pregnant cos that can stop TRV too. Also, hope your sister did not shout at them that day she visited them at the Embassy cos I know she was angry that day after receiving calls that what she submited was not found. Hope she controlled her anger and did not talk to them anyhow that day?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
kelly4top: since you said everything is complete and that you paid both accommodation and tuition then i suspect the refusal must have been based on medical report. Also, hope your sister did not shout at them that day she visited them at the Embassy cos I know she was angry that day after receiving calls that what she submited was not found. Hope she controlled her anger and did not talk to them anyhow that day?
....how did u know? Most people wont shout at any Embassy official calling them...as a matter of fact...even if visa official shout at her...na prayer she go take reply her....I hope her medical is not iffy though....but come to think about it...if her medical get kleg....dem go state am for the refusal letter....let us all just wait till tomorrow to here wetin dem talk....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
cry
Burningflamz: @Gobi38,this is a real serious case.sure ur village pple re not after ur sister?
This is 1st of its kind.
If they dont attend to her case,she jst has to re-apply and a very pragmatic letter addressed to CDHC.i bet u,within 1month,she would be sent for medicals.
Also,re we sure theres no issue with her medicals?
Since August,i noticed that they started giving flimsy excuses to applicants,such that didnt matter to them.
Ur sis shd take heart,God no de sleep.its so so painful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
mercylicious: hahaha- joke of d century. Has it ever been 60days or 120 day?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/canada-reduces-waiting-time-for-visa-applicants/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
seir405:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/canada-reduces-waiting-time-for-visa-applicants/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
I don't doubt they said it, but waiting period for trv has never been 60 days. Maybe they are talking of visitors visa .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
seir405:

...they must be talking about visiting visa....all others can never be 10days bro....unless they want to waive Naija from Medicals, docs verification and Police reports which I 100% doubt with the current rep Naija get....so, it must be visiting....and they havent yet posted it on dem site sef....thats another thingy.....it might just be a proposal for now....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Una go kill me with Jokes. I love you all and pray for goods new for those waiting. Let see what happens tomorrow, worst case scenario - I will tell her to reapply and attached a detail letter. But come to think of it – she was very ,very close to get it. Only Gods knows what happened. For those doubting her Medical may be the root cause – My people those guys are very smart, if her medical get K-Let , they will not call her to proceed with Payment of Fees – she was called twice to make Payment – on the 3rd and 10th of December .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Siga: ...they must be talking about visiting visa....all others can never be 10days bro....unless they want to waive Naija from Medicals, docs verification and Police reports which I 100% doubt with the current rep Naija get....so, it must be visiting....and they havent yet posted it on dem site sef....thats another thingy.....it might just be a proposal for now....

I think is a proposal for visiting visa,trust our press,they know how to manipulate issues to make sales
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Gobi38: Una go kill me with Jokes. I love you all and pray for goods new for those waiting. Let see what happens tomorrow, worst case scenario - I will tell her to reapply and attached a detail letter. But come to think of it – she was very ,very close to get it. Only Gods knows what happened. For those doubting her Medical may be the root cause – My people those guys are very smart, if her medical get K-Let , they will not call her to proceed with Payment of Fees – she was called twice to make Payment – on the 3rd and 10th of December .

Take note of the points I raised above...CDHC is still gonna look at dose reasons for initial denials when she reapply.....I bet u wldnt want her denied again for same slightes reasons......My 1naira
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 28, 2012
I just re-read this assignment and I found out sum things.
Ur visit visa culd be a human error bt d reasons for denial has to be addressed b4 reapplying
Ties- what did she submit as proof of ties? Is she married and has husband in naija? Does she have kids? Is she working ? Did she submit letter frm employer and remuneration? Does she have share, and or landed property? She might also need to submit family pic and birth cert of siblings dt are in naija as proof of tie.
For purpose, what was her last degree and grade? What does she intend to study in canny?

Ans to these questns above will help us address sum issues in d applicatn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2012
mercylicious: I just re-read this assignment and I found out sum things.
Ur visit visa culd be a human error bt d reasons for denial has to be addressed b4 reapplying
Ties- what did she submit as proof of ties? Is she married and has husband in naija? Does she have kids? Is she working ? Did she submit letter frm employer and remuneration? Does she have share, and or landed property? She might also need to submit family pic and birth cert of siblings dt are in naija as proof of tie.
For purpose, what was her last degree and grade? What does she intend to study in canny?

Ans to these questns above will help us address sum issues in d applicatn.

before the embassy asked u to pay ur fee and go for medicals it means they have reviewed your application and interested in granting u the visa if u meet their condition so the issue of ties or no ties or employment is no longer necessary cos if it was, they would have denied her out-rightly without further instruction. lets wait tiil tomoro and know the reason why. it's difficult to guess now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2012
There is good news in the house. They also mentioned students too in this news paper link below. Canada waiting time has been reduced to 10 days but I doubt till they implement it but just have a look
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/43578/2012/12/27/canada_reduces_waiting_time_visa_applicants_official.html

This link has more detail story.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 12:36am On Dec 28, 2012
@ mercylicious - Kelly4top just answered your question
@ Kelly4top - Excellent analysis, before these guys call you for medical, instruct you to pay school fees, they have done their due diligence to make sure you the right candidate for student visa.
Somebody dropped the ball somewhere –but they will never admit their error. Best approach is to reapply and attached a letter citing what they did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 12:36am On Dec 28, 2012
lets this issue be at rest for now until my sister comes out from CDHC tomorrow then any other thing can be addressed properly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Gobi38: @ mercylicious - Kelly4top just answered your question
@ Kelly4top - Excellent analysis, before these guys call you for medical, instruct you to pay school fees, they have done their due diligence to make sure you the right candidate for student visa.
Somebody dropped the ball somewhere –but they will never admit their error. Best approach is to reapply and attached a letter citing what they did.

from our previous experience in this particular thread,do you know that after medical test the result will be sent to Paris France for analysis before the result will be send back to lagos and from our observation,this usually take 3 to 4 weeks,so dont think that mercylicious is beating the bush but sincerely i can not say a particular reason for her denial but see it as a mistake by the office in question but never doubt what the people here are telling you.You are in Yankee,na ppl way dey here go tell you how it works in Naija,many people here are talking based on past experience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 12:52am On Dec 28, 2012
@ surecan - thanks for the insight.
I will tell her to reapply. Will update the house tomorrow. Good Night my people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 2:51am On Dec 28, 2012
TRV_IJN: Jokzoh emailed them and got same reponse a few days before his trv was issued on 23-12-2012.
Jokzoh what date did u send that email again?

I emailed them(re-lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca) on the 19th and got a reply the next day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 3:17am On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmm it shall be well !! Congrats to the ones that have been giving their Trv! And good luck to those who await..

Fall Applicant! Lock And Loaded!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 28, 2012
Jokzoh: Make unna hellep me thank God o..... I received my TRV today. My friend TRV_IJN actually helped me receive it. Ayam so Happy!!!!! I pray The God that did ours will do for the remaining awaitees and hopefuls on this forum. I will come share my story later. Yay!
I CELEBRATE AND REJOICE WIF U! God'S NAME BE PRAISED. AMEN TO UR PRAYERS FOR US TRV AWAITEES

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 5:35am On Dec 28, 2012
I did my medicals on 29 Nov...since then I ve bin tracking but my tracking isn't workIng...I emailed VFS and this was the response I got:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada Nigeria.

Please be informed that your passport/application has been sent on 24/12/2012 to your address through UPS Courier Service with AWB Number H864 692 7173

Am in my Villa right now. I shall be heading bak to Enugu to get my package. I pray its good news..wil keep u posted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 28, 2012
TRV_IJN: My eyes have beheld my TRV, my hands have touched and felt it. My God is good.
Love you all.
U RE SURELY FAVOURED! Congrats bruv...but keep praying for d rest of us waiting for TRV. TANX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 28, 2012
Congratulations bruv!
Jokzoh: Make unna hellep me thank God o..... I received my TRV today. My friend TRV_IJN actually helped me receive it. Ayam so Happy!!!!! I pray The God that did ours will do for the remaining awaitees and hopefuls on this forum. I will come share my story later. Yay!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: I did my medicals on 29 Nov...since then I ve bin tracking but my tracking isn't workIng...I emailed VFS and this was the response I got:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada Nigeria.

Please be informed that your passport/application has been sent on 24/12/2012 to your address through UPS Courier Service with AWB Number H864 692 7173

Am in my Villa right now. I shall be heading bak to Enugu to get my package. I pray its good news..wil keep u posted

You must be very anxious! Ndo! Its good news that awaits you... by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Jokzoh:

I emailed them(re-lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca) on the 19th and got a reply the next day.
yeah thats the same email that mailed me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bholajee: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Jokzoh:

guy abeg what was the content of the mail you sent. cos am thinking of sending them a mail too and i no won miss yan yea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2012
bholajee:

guy abeg what was the content of the mail you sent. cos am thinking of sending them a mail too and i no won miss yan yea
this was the reply i got from them
ow

Please be advised that your
application is awaiting visa officer's
decision.
You would be contacted as soon as a
decision is made on your
application.
Regards,
Lagos Immigration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2012
bholajee:

i sent them my entire details..like passport number and other things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bholajee: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Idomaboi:
i sent them my entire details..like passport number and other things

ok tanxx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2012
mercylicious: @idomaboi, which address did u mail? Did u include ur pp no in d mail?
@remaining august applicants, any news?
yeah i included everything,and its the embassy's email

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.