Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane (5328 Views)

Kwankwaso: The Master Beaten At His Game - By Shaka Momodu / New Indian Prime Minister Pulling Nigerian Boys Ears / 12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by olapluto(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
If their account is true, then they are heroes and should be regarded as such. America did not get independence through dialogue. It was through radical actions like this. If we had more actions like this, Nigeria will not get this bad.

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Akanbiedu(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Well I know a lot of people like to be politically correct and all that but .....

I believe changing an extremely bad system must involve some form of violence. Like the Nigerian situation now will require it. It may manifest in different forms like religious, tribal, etc the common denominator is violence. Without it, no change.

The struggle to have democracy enthroned in Nigeria recorded some violence too.

So in actual sense, THEY ARE HEROES. Actions like that are needed in Nigeria abegi.

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by 2mch(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
Fashola, please give Ogunderu free university scholarship to study law. We need another genuine Gani Fawehinmi. cool. I think they should all be given the opportunity to be reformed. Education and other opportunities. They fought for Nigeria as teens. When now, all Nigerian teens are concerned with is BlackBerry and Rap or who to scam through yahoo or yahoo ++. embarassed

1 Like

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kilode1: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Kilode?!, you know better than to post the above igbe. There is nothing civil about hijacking an Airplane with a gun, while endangering the lives of passengers and crew.

And I bet you know better than to quote one part of someones statement and conclude like that, the full paragraph you took that out of was making a comparison between violent street action, non-violent street action and this rather violent hijacking.

And I was speaking about the dilemma of deciding which one is acceptable in response to another posters comment about street protesters and what it means to "commit a crime" . Please put comments in their proper context

This was what I said:
There's no way you can fight the establishment through civil disobedience without "commiting a crime" in the eyes of the said establishment. Wether your act of disobedience is violent or non-violent, you will still be commiting a crime from the perspective of the establishment you are fighting. That is a cross every revolutionary must bear.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kilode1: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

Oh alright egbon mi

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Alhaji, no wahala jare wink
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by aljharem(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
Kilode?!:

Alhaji, no wahala jare wink

E se egbon, e ma binu sir grin grin
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hero: A person, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities.

Heroism: Great bravery.

The words of contention are: courage, bravery, and being noble..

It takes a lot of courage, and bravery to be able to hijack a plane - without being a pilot.

And they're high-minded (noble) to be able to try to effect a change, without ulterior motives for their beloved country.

End of story!

1 Like

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by nduchucks: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
Kilode?!:

And I bet you know better than to quote one part of someones statement and conclude like that, the full paragraph you took that out of was making a comparison between violent street action, non-violent street action and this rather violent hijacking.

And I was speaking about the dilemma of deciding which one is acceptable in response to another posters comment about street protesters and what it means to "committ a crime" . Please put comments in their proper context

This was what I said:

Thank you for your explanation. The only thing that is clear here, is that, the hijack was not a non-violent act. I thought you were attempting to trivialize or justify the violent crime of hijacking, perpetrated by those boys.

Is my assumption that you condemn their ciminal act of terrorism accurate, regardless of their motives? I would hope so. BTW how ya side?
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
2mch:
Imagine the blatant hypocrisy. All the people that BH has killed and fried. Same with MEND. We should give them money and congratulate them for a job well done. But when one fights for the democracy we are having today, they want to bury these people. Thunder fire the mumu's dia! They dont want the younger ones to have any role models. They are enjoying the present state of things. They dont want anyone having any smart ideas. These guys should be helped!

Don't mind the clowns.. People like them and their chameleonic ways are everything wrong with the God forsaken country.. I see through their shenanigans everyday..

1 Like

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kilode1: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Thank you for your explanation. The only thing that is clear here, is that, the hijack was not a non-violent act. I thought you were attempting to trivialize or justify the violent crime of hijacking, perpetrated by those boys.

Is my assumption that you condemn their ciminal act of terrorism accurate, regardless of their motives? I would hope so. BTW how ya side?

Your assumption is not entirely correct.

But I admire your ability to see clear black and white on this issue. For me I'm suffering the dilemma usually presented by situations like this.

I agree with their motivation, I see the danger they presented to the passengers and crew, But I cannot totally condem their action. I'm happy to carry that burden until I can resolve it.

My side dey jare my bro. Trying to stay afloat.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by nduchucks: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
@OAM4J, Thanks your cleaning up the thread. BTW, this ya name OAM4J, does it mean OAM (your initials) for Jesuit? are you a jesuit ni?

Kilode?!:

Your assumption is not entirely correct.

But I admire your ability to see clear black and white on this issue. For me I'm suffering the dilemma usually presented by situations like this.

I agree with their motivation, I see the danger they presented to the passengers and crew, But I cannot totally condem their action. I'm happy to carry that burden until I can resolve it.

My side dey jare my bro. Trying to stay afloat.

kilode?!, why are you now trying to use ogbon agba, to dismantle a yoruba belief which has existed for hundreds of years? As a youruba, you should subscribe to "Oun ti'oda ko da", are you saying that you know better than your ansestors ni?

BTW, I'm quite OK with your last response, so you don't have to reat to this one. smiley
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by nduchucks: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: @OAM4J, Thanks your cleaning up the thread. BTW, this ya name OAM4J, does it mean OAM (your initials) for Jesuit? are you a jesuit ni?

kilode?!, why are you now trying to use ogbon agba, to dismantle a yoruba belief which has existed for hundreds of years? As a youruba, you should subscribe to "Oun ti'oda ko da", are you saying that you know better than your ansestors ni?

BTW, I'm quite OK with your last response, so you don't have to react to this post. smiley
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by OAM4J: 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: @OAM4J, Thanks your cleaning up the thread. BTW, this ya name OAM4J, does it mean OAM (your initials) for Jesuit? are you a jesuit ni?

hmnnnnn.... What can I say? was it flesh or the Spirit that was revealing things to you? Only God knows cheesy
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by greenhope(m): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
I think they were high on some influence or africa weeds But from the picture I am seeing now after thirteen yrs in prison, e don crystal clear for their eyes?
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kilode1: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
Alhaji "ti ko re Mecca" ndu-chucks, na you sabi o.

I don tok my own.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kilode1: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
OAM4J:

hmnnnnn.... What can I say? was it flesh or the Spirit that was revealing things to you? Only God knows cheesy

Oga Modurator, ask Seun to put this thread for homepage now. Some of your younger customers need to read this historical event and share their opinion too.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by 0K2NV: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
[size=40pt]RUBISH! These dudes were paid by Abacha regime to taint the democratic struggle so that the west will distant themselves from the opposition.[/size]

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
What were their demands after the hijack?

Did they ask for money like our MEND heroes? Did they bomb and kill innocent people like our MEND activists?
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

shall we also brand mandela as a terrorist because of his past?
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: What were their demands after the hijack?

Did they ask for money like our MEND heroes? Did they bomb and kill innocent people like our MEND activists?

What MEND heroes? Jokes apart, a lot of the young people on here are gullible. Please stop portraying these terrorists as heroes.

If your mama dey that flight, you go dey talk like this?
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
^^ If my mom was a casualty in the American war of independence too, I would have been happy.

Just needed to be said that we have heroes in Nigeria who kidnap for money and kill innocent civilians
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ If my mom was a casualty in the American war of independence too, I would have been happy.

Just needed to be said that we have heroes in Nigeria who kidnap for money and kill innocent civilians

We are not talking of anything AMERICAN here. We are talking of a hijacking in no man's land Nigeria. Would you be here proclaiming these touts heroes if they had hijacked a plane your mom was on, terrorizing her for 3 days?

Let's stop acting like imbeciles only so we can score some silly internet points against someone/people online we cannot seem to get past having a hard-on for. This behavior is just stupid for grown ups such.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
^^ If you lose a family in the Soweto riots or the June 12 riots you would never be happy.

That isnt to say those riots were a bad thing
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ If you lose a family in the Soweto riots or the June 12 riots you would never be happy.

That isnt to say those riots were a bad thing

Of course none because I would not want any of those killers to go Scot free. And the people of Soweto did all they could to get justice for those that died. Why not the Nigerian case? What these boys did is inexcusable. Those of us who took to the streets in peaceful protest during the actual June 12th debacle, what were we? chopped liver?

This hijacking happened in October, and I remember quite well that there were fears that the administration would shoot first, ask questions later.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Of course none because I would not want any of those killers to go Scot free. And the people of Soweto did all they could to get justice for those that died. Why not the Nigerian case? What these boys did is inexcusable. Those of us who took to the streets in peaceful protest during the actual June 12th debacle, what were we? chopped liver?

This hijacking happened in October, and I remember quite well that there were fears that the administration would shoot first, ask questions later.

I remember the hijack very well as there was anxiety that Nigeria is turning into those Arab countries where hijack is the order of the day

People that lost loved ones in Soweto or June 12 might as well blame the organisers of the riots who knowingly defied authorities and as a result got some innocent peoplle who were not part of the riots killed
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu:

I remember the hijack very well as there was anxiety that Nigeria is turning into those Arab countries where hijack is the order of the day

People that lost loved ones in Soweto or [b]June 12 might as well blame the organisers of the riots who knowingly defied authorities [/b]and as a result got some innocent peoplle who were not part of the riots killed

That one na lie! Majority of those who lost loved ones during the June 12th riots blamed the government, and the agbero boys who hijacked peaceful protests especially in Lagos. To this day, I do not know anyone who was against the protest, except probably those in government, or lost money as a result.
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
[size=15pt]If we are going to celebrate these TERRORISTS then how about we declare public holidays for these other 2:
[/size]

Anyway you have to give it to my brothers from the west side .
Hausa / Fulani names = Terrorists
Yoruba names = Musketeers / Heroes .
Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by 0K2NV: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
[size=20pt]Today's Nigerians are getting more fooolish by the day. When these guys under the name M.A.D. (movement for advancement for democracy) purportedly hijacked an aircraft almost everyone back then knew they were working for Abacha in order to mud sling the main opposition party to his rule.

Why are we even discussing this 20yr old troll fail? [/size]

1 Like

Re: June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane by Ndipe(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2022
Meanwhile Babangida who annulled the elections is walking scot-free in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) / South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. / Reno Omokri Has Been Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.