Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide (659 Views)

Treat People With Gunshot Wounds, Accident Victims Before Police Report-El Rufai / Britain Police Force Says Recruit Must Be Bilingual In 14 Lang' Including Yoruba / I ‘ll Defeat Regional Force, Says Shekau In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide by rolchi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
As Police investigations into the $620, 000 bribe money allegedly collected by the Chairman of House of Representative probe committee on oil Subsidy, Hon. Farouk Lawan continues, Vanguard can report authoritatively that Police authorities have tagged Hon. Lawan as the ‘Prime Suspect’ in the bribery allegation just as the Chairman of Zenon Petroleum, Mr. Femi Otedola appeared before the Special Task Force headed by CP Ali Amodu, to either deny of confirm that he gave the bribe money to the House member.

Otedola who arrived the Force headquarters at about 10. 55am, told the Special Task Force that all he had said about the issue so far was the truth, that he has nothing to hide and that the bribe money in question, was given to Hon. Farouk Lawan who collected $500, 000 in cash and the Secretary of the committee, Boniface Emenalo who collected $120, 000 in two installments of $20, 000 and $100, 000 respectively.

When reminded that under the laws of the country, the giver and the taker of bribe are both culpable, the oil magnate told the Special Task Force that the money in question was gotten wholesale, from the State Security Service (SSS), adding that it was so done to exonerate himself and to show that he was pressurized against his will to part with the money because he was aware of the implications before the law.

More details later

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/otedola-appears-before-policetask-force-says-i-have-nothing-to-hide/
Re: Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
rolchi: As Police investigations into the $620, 000 bribe money allegedly collected by the Chairman of House of Representative probe committee on oil Subsidy, Hon. Farouk Lawan continues, Vanguard can report authoritatively that Police authorities have tagged Hon. Lawan as the ‘Prime Suspect’ in the bribery allegation just as the Chairman of Zenon Petroleum, Mr. Femi Otedola appeared before the Special Task Force headed by CP Ali Amodu, to either deny of confirm that he gave the bribe money to the House member.

Otedola who arrived the Force headquarters at about 10. 55am, told the Special Task Force that all he had said about the issue so far was the truth, that he has nothing to hide and that the bribe money in question, was given to Hon. Farouk Lawan who collected $500, 000 in cash and the Secretary of the committee, Boniface Emenalo who collected $120, 000 in two installments of $20, 000 and $100, 000 respectively.

When reminded that under the laws of the country, the giver and the taker of bribe are both culpable, the oil magnate told the Special Task Force that the money in question was gotten wholesale, from the State Security Service (SSS), adding that it was so done to exonerate himself and to show that he was pressurized against his will to part with the money because he was aware of the implications before the law.

More details later

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/otedola-appears-before-policetask-force-says-i-have-nothing-to-hide/

I guess otedola didnt know this when he was giving the bribe to FL. they both have a case to answer. grin
Re: Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide by alexleo(m): 6:26am On Jun 13, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

I guess otedola didnt know this when he was giving the bribe to FL. they both have a case to answer. grin

He knew it thats why he connived with the state security service to give the guy a marked dollar. Thats his own way of exposing the real thieves. Let other people try and Nigeria will become better.
Re: Otedola Appears Before Police task Force, Says I Have Nothing To Hide by slimghost(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Are u serious? Cant you read properly? He said SSS provided the money for the operation!!!!! Na waa oooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mounting CCTV Cameras In Every City Would Help Identify Terrorists / Kaduna Curfew Finally Relaxed / South-west Integration Agenda, A Deceit - Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.