Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

$3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody (13530 Views)

Senator Ndume Defeats Ahmed Lawan In Mock Election For Senate Leader / Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 15, 2012
BUSH MEAT DON CATCH DEY HUNTER LOL

Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by edicolove: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2012
benjy4uy2k: too bad for the lawmaker but my own opinion is that d commettee reeport has to be looked into,Otedola must go down first.

If you have a personal problem with Otedola, why not just say it? Dunce!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by kiyosaki1(m): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: If Farouk Lawan is not sent to jail, I move a motion, that the Nairaland citizen initiate a natiionwide street protest, all in favor, say "HI!", the HI's have it. No room for "nay".
A man is innocent until proven guilty by a competent law court
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by kiyosaki1(m): 11:06am On Jun 15, 2012
jaybee:

If this man is not sent to jail - at least 45 years, then the Justice system in this country should be overlooked by all

does the law books prescribes 'jail - at least 45 years' for demanding bribe? or you are just enacting your own law? grin grin
It's not as easy as that in law It's your word against my word with a very intelligent lawyer he will win the case
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Assalaam(f): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: Its time for NLanders to know who the real enemy is. Now, the panel report isnt worth implementation because it is based on lies and frivolities. Lawan, let the Nigerian populace down, and the effort of the GEJ led executive to prosecute the scammers has been ruined by Lawan. I miss China, Lawan would have been beheaded by now.
i disagree with you on the validity of the report, my view is that the report is a good one but its just that only GOD know how many pple bribed their way out of being nailed like otedola
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by freebloke: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2012
faruk or fakrook which eva una wan call am, all na SUPER STORY directed by oil cabals and produced in conjunction of otedola and faruk. Soon another distraction Movie go come out and dis one go fade away like every other Distraction Movie. NOTHING GO HAPPEN TO FARUK OR OTEDOLA!!
Anyway sha,
part 2 coming soon!!!.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2012
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by dedeike: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2012
I am so happy that Farouk has finally come to face the law. All this while, it has been an issue of media trial. And I wondered aloud whether the immunity clause now extends to lawmakers. I found it very difficult to reconcile why neither the SSS nor the Police nor the EFCC deemed it fit to apprehend the suspect in the face of glaring evidence of corruption. But im happy now and await patiently for his formal charge to court. This is the mother of all bribery scandals. Even the Etteh saga is a child's play compared to this. At least in Etteh's case, the issue was that the house leadership earmarked 529 or 640m fr d renovation of their official quarters. The moni had not been used and at least some would have still gone into the actual renovation of the house. The grouse was that the contract was overinflated yet Farouk ran riot and formed the integrity group until Etteh was impeached. Now Mr integrity has been caught in a more direct case of bribery. The gist is that he was caught in direct taking of bribes in what is going to be a classical precedent of corrtuption. In the history of corruption in this country, no body has been caught pants down as in this case. I laugh when People accuse GEJ of sponsoring Farouk's ordeal. What can be more foolish? Is it GEJ that asked Farouk to sneak into Otedola's house at night to collect money . Or is it GEJ that asked him to substitute those companies in the list like Willie Willie? Did Gej also order him at gun point to admit taking the bribe money after initially denying ever collecting such money? People should leave d president alone. I heard the NLC president blamed the president. I have not confirmed it officially. So for me, it's all rumors. He can't say such a thing. He's the one who has been at the vanguard of the fight against corruption in the management of the oil subsidy regime. So he can't reprobate to condemn the capture and exposure of what has come to be the biggest casualty in this subsidy scams. Let's celebrate and work towards catching more.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by dolwellyahoo: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
PStylish: Most Nairalanders are all too pessimistic with Madam Kobojunkie being chief of the lot.
Even if you hung Farouk in broad daylight,they wont be satisfied.

I see Farouk being tried and found guilty on multiple charge counts.
He will be sentenced to 4 yrs imprisonment which he will serve concurrently in 6 months.
Its fair enough.We must understand that Niigeria is still emerging.
. If farouk is found guilty am afraid d appropriate punishment for him is either life in prison or d death penalty, this is not just a case of bribery,it is called treason! He betrayed d trust and responsibility bestowed on him.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by dantechnig: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
former president obasanjo was not wrong when he called all the law makers thievies, i guess farouk lawan has proved obasanjo right
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by JAMILO2020: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
FELLOW NIGERIANS,

ELECTING PEOPLE INTO A PRIVILAGED POSITION IS A CHOICE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE AS OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

WE NIGERIANS HAVE MADE EXTREMELY BAD CHOICES IN THE PEOPLE WE HAVE ELECTED OR ALLOWED TO BE CRIMINALLY SELECTED.

CONSTITUTION OR NOT, WE HAVE NOW GONE PAST THE TIME WE SHOULD ALL WAKE UP COLLECTIVELY AND KICK THESE CROOKS OUT.

NIGERIA IS BETTER-OFF WITH MILITARY MEN WHO WILL FORCE US TO DO AS THEY WISH, THAN ALLOWING PEOPLE THAT ARE ELECTED TO REPRESENT US, DOING WORSE THAN WE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM THE ARMED FORCES.

IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE IN SALARY BETWEEN THE POLITICIANS AND THE ARMED FORCES ? YET THESE POLITICIANS WHO AWARDED THEMSELVES HUGE SALARIES AS WELL AS BENEFITS, CONTINUED TO ROB US SO SHAMELESSLY.

I BLAME THE 'GROUNDNUT & GARRI' ARMED FORCES OFFICERS WHO CAN NOT EVEN FIND THE COURAGE TO DEFEND US BY STANDING UP AND KICKING THESE CROOKS OUT.

I NOW OPENLY CALL ON THE ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, BECAUSE OUR CRIMINAL POLITICIANS ARE HELP BENT ON DESTROYING NIGERIA.

EVERY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA SWORE TO "PROTECT NIGERIA AGAINST BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ENEMIES".

IT IS NOW VERY CLEAR THAT THE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE UNREPENTANT ENEMIES OF THE STATE OF NIGERIA.

MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES SHOULD MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE NIGERIA RIGHT NOW!

SHAME ON THE ARMED FORCES IF THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA!!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Ugoduru(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
Guys. Lets just forget about dis Farouk story joor! Cus it's going to end like other, they are only trying to negotiate on how to share the money.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Ugoduru(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
Guys. Lets just forget about dis Farouk story joor! Cus it's going to end like others, they are only trying to negotiate on how to share the money.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
PStylish: Most Nairalanders are all too pessimistic with Madam Kobojunkie being chief of the lot.
Even if you hung Farouk in broad daylight,they wont be satisfied.

I see Farouk being tried and found guilty on multiple charge counts.
He will be sentenced to 4 yrs imprisonment which he will serve concurrently in 6 months.
Its fair enough.We must understand that Niigeria is still emerging.

Grow a brain! And Stop the attention seeking. You can do it!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Chinom(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
Why give $620,000 bribe?!!. Why not demand or give $50,000 or less. I'm really worried about the level of greed in Nigeria these days. We have lost all values and respect for money. ARE WE STILL A POOR NATION ?. In China, a piblic official was given a life sentence for receiving $10,000 bribe.
If you bring $10,000 to most public officials in Nigeria as bribe, you will be scorned. Now everything is in 100s of millions or billions. Where is this country heading to ?. Why was it possible for Otedola to collect $240m forex without any intention of importing fuel ?. Why are all the payments made up front? Nigeria is a very sick nation indeed.
Farouk Lawan SHOULD NOT have gone that road in the first place. No matter what he wanted to prove. Now, he should do the time while Otedola refunds OUR money he stole.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Tropilo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
luvinhubby: Has been a member of the house since 1999, let him go look for something else to do. angry

True, true! D guy don too stay. E for try step aside earlier to find anoda thing do.
"Dem talk am say if person stay long for public toilet na fly wey wear jacket go come visit am".
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by jmaine: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Tropilo:

True, true! D guy don too stay. E for try step aside earlier to find anoda thing do.
"Dem talk am say if person stay long for public toilet na fly wey wear jacket go come visit am".

LWKMFH grin
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by 1025: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
police custody u said? no be police custody bankole go before? and what happened next? if i am lawal, i will never ever bring out that money. shebi na bribe abi, i don take am make them do me what they did to other politicians that have done what i did.
it is a shame that pdp as a party lacks men and women who have shame in their eyes.
obasanjo a couple of weeks ago called the senate a house for rogues and non of them could challenge that. pdp is a house of rogues so let me see if anyone will challenge me for that.
from joe to the last pdp member, they are all rogues including rev father obasanjo.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by davida222(m): 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
Nigerians are really suffering and smiling. At the end of all the scramble nothing will still be done to facrook lawanted. I pity 9ja.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by oiseworld: 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
Castos: ;DHEHEHEHEHEHE! But how sure are your that he'd be prosecuted in this corrupt nation. Because i thought so on Iya abo obasanjo, and Bankole's case too. Farouk gat many backbones, believe me.

this is different, the world is watching, otedola has an image at stake and an empire to run. Faroook was partial all along concerning the probe. It was a case of witchhunt,greed from the very begining.
Moreover, their are too many evidence against him. Just too many.

The present probe report is watery and tainted. Another has to be conducted.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by bayfam(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
Have u ever seen a BIG thief send to Jail in d country.... I mean BIG THIEF, ok maybe few ones with fake 2years......
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by HIPROFILE(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
naira landers made me angry here if dis had hapened to be an igbo man evry body wil be warping mouth here like parrot u wil here dem say aahh igbo man like money now check out dis silly aboki dat can not even lie he's just a very cheap fool well i guess his political skillz has nat matured enough for nigeria political bribery. Hahahahahaaha!!!! Ette,bankole,lawan etc dem no be igbooooo...
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by tribalism(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
WHY DID YOU GO THERE. I WAS ALREADY TALKING WITH GEJ TO NEGOTIATE WITH HIM. ANY WAY, ITS NOT LATE. TRUST ME. IF THEY SAY MAKE YOU STAY, STAY. IT WON'T LAST. OK!
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by 401kk: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
Can't he be sentenced to life? That will surely serve as a deterrent to his ilk.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by tribalism(m): 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
@1025
OBASANJO is not a REV. FATHER.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by musty1987(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
thank God. grin grin grin
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
edicolove:

What subsidy scam? How are you sure there was even a subsidy scam now, with this revelation? Is this not a confirmation of what you have been told by the Petroleum minister, Sanusi, Iweala and co? Yet you choose to believe those who told you sensational rumours and insulted those telling you the truth. You lot really deserve to suffer.

God has finally sent someone to change the country for good but you lot are fighting that change. As obvious as it is that the North are not happy that GEJ is there and are doing everything to frustrate him, you lot have become foot soldiers for this Northern conspiracy to make the country ungovernable. You will continue to suffer as long as you have chosen to believe a lie.

The northern leaders/rulers ruined this country over a 40 year period and yet you come here and insult GEJ who has made so much progress in just a year in office. Shame on you!
You don't get it. GEJ, SLS and NOI made us beleive that there are Cabals and Sharks eaten Billions from the country. Many said it wasn't true, won't mention names. Now a committee put together to prove the existence of this Cabals and Sharks has been dealt a heavy blow. As it stands now there is no proof. So why should we let GEJ and his cohorts remove the Subsidy totally? Maybe Lawan is one of the Cabals GEJ, SLS and NOI caught.
Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by mekaboy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
WONT BE SURPRISED TO HEAR HE COMMITTED SUICIDE, THE MAFIA IN THE HOUSE WILL WIPE HIM OUT TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AND STOP HIM FROM SINGING . grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by lacasa: 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
edicolove:

What subsidy scam? How are you sure there was even a subsidy scam now, with this revelation? Is this not a confirmation of what you have been told by the Petroleum minister, Sanusi, Iweala and co? Yet you choose to believe those who told you sensational rumours and insulted those telling you the truth. You lot really deserve to suffer.

God has finally sent someone to change the country for good but you lot are fighting that change. As obvious as it is that the North are not happy that GEJ is there and are doing everything to frustrate him, you lot have become foot soldiers for this Northern conspiracy to make the country ungovernable. You will continue to suffer as long as you have chosen to believe a lie.

The northern leaders/rulers ruined this country over a 40 year period and yet you come here and insult GEJ who has made so much progress in just a year in office. Shame on you!

i guess northerners are responsible 4 all GEJ's cluelessness, even the USA †ђªt blasted GEJ's govt is northerners, even umblerra is the northerners fault

Abeg, try n get medicine needed for Your ailment.

Cos U̶̲̥̅̊ r unstable

1 Like

Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Billyonaire: If Farouk Lawan is not sent to jail, I move a motion, that the Nairaland citizen initiate a natiionwide street protest, all in favor, say "HI!", the HI's have it. No room for "nay".

The Ayes have it you mean.

Symbolic of our lost state as a people that most of us would have made the same error. Our imported political system has no basis or grounding in our societies and that's why we not only abuse it, but struggle to spell it's catchphrases.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bill To End Gender Discrimination Is Unafrican - Enugu Lawmakers / Osinbajo, Oshiomhole Behind Ogun APC Crisis – Anisulowo / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.