Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? (4879 Views)

Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told / Is Religion A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
What is pseudoscience and what is "proper" science? Who decides what is what?

My point here is that creation itself and evolution are two sides of the same coin so there is no issue there to debate. Whatever is created, also evolves. Simple. The biblical version of creation does not represent the concept of creation itself.

Only idiots and morons on both sides who can't see outside their narrow perspectives waste all their lives on this foolish debates that are totally unnecessary.
logicboy:

Non issues? Do you realise how much taxpayers' money has gone into litigation because of teaching evolution in schools? Or how many children are being taugth pseudoscience instead of proper facts?

Evolution and creationism are contradictory to one another. End of story.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by logicboy: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
Jenwitemi: What is pseudoscience and what is "proper" science? Who decides what is what?

My point here is that creation itself and evolution are two sides of the same coin so there is no issue there to debate. Whatever is created, also evolves. Simple. The biblical version of creation does not represent the concept of creation itself.

Only idiots and morons on both sides who can't see outside their narrow perspectives waste all their lives on this foolish debates that are totally unnecessary.

Only idiots? The states that dint teach evolution until court cases were won nko? You just sound ignorant.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by thehomer: 10:02am On Jun 16, 2012
italo:

Catholicism.

Well, Catholicism is wrong unless they're able to tell us scientifically how a cracker becomes human flesh and how wine becomes human blood.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by thehomer: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2012
italo: What about "true science?" You seem unconcerned about that.

No I'm not really concerned about that.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2012
It is only because of the idiocy of the morons on both sides of the divide that there had to be a court case to begin with. Get it?
logicboy:

Only idiots? The states that dint teach evolution until court cases were won nko? You just sound ignorant.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by logicboy: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: It is only because of the idiocy of the morons on both sides of the divide that there had to be a court case to begin with. Get it?

Thanks, you just called scientists, legislators and teachers in America idiots because of your arrogance and unwillingness to admit that you are wrong.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
My view has nothing to do with arrogance, my atheist friend. And i am not the one who is refusing to admit that i'm wrong. If you truly believe that scientists actually believe that this universe and all in it just happened by chance, then you have really been suckered, made a complete fool of.

The truth is, atheist bro, is that real scientists do not believe that at all. Majority of them have already accepted the inevitable that this universe was intelligently created but they don't know by whom. They are now in the process of finding out the HOW of the creation. And the latest consensus is that we are living in a programmed, holographic 3D virtual simulation. That's where they are, at the moment.

logicboy:

Thanks, you just called scientists, legislators and teachers in America idiots because of your arrogance and unwillingness to admit that you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: And the latest consensus is that we are living in a programmed, holographic 3D virtual simulation. That's where they are, at the moment.

lmao, this ignorant buffoon is at it again. Who is operating the 3D virtual simulation? The f#cking reptilians or the ancient aliens who built the pyramids? Is your awareness of the "programmed, holographic 3D virtual simulation part of the simulation??
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
thehomer:

Well, Catholicism is wrong unless they're able to tell us scientifically how a cracker becomes human flesh and how wine becomes human blood.

Because.....read your bible!
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
Well since we are in the simulation, there is no way of knowing the operator, is there? When you leave the simulator(via death), then you will know who the operator is. Reptilians and other ancient aliens are also part of the simulation, btw.
It is a good one coming from someone who gets his information and education from the mainstream media to be calling me an ignorant buffoon.
Martian:

lmao, this ignorant buffoon is at it again. Who is operating the 3D virtual simulation? The f#cking reptilians or the ancient aliens who built the pyramids? Is your awareness of the "programmed, holographic 3D virtual simulation part of the simulation??
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by logicboy: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
Martian:

Thank you. Jenwitemi is clearly talking nonsense
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
Right now, you think that i am talking nonsense because you and martian are lagging behind in your knowledge of what is going on in the scientific world. But don't worry, in due time both of you will soon catch up.
logicboy:

Thank you. Jenwitemi is clearly talking nonsense
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by logicboy: 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Right now, i am talking nonsense because you and martian are lagging behind. But don't worry, in due time both of you will soon catch up.

Stop watching the matrix
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
That film is a very accurate analogy of how this existence we live in really works, if you don't know. Remember that this reality has no solidity. Your body has no solidity, for that matter. wink
logicboy:

Stop watching the matrix
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by logicboy: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: That film is a very accurate analogy of how this existence we live in really works, if you don't know. Remember that this reality has no solidity. wink

We can agree on some parts. The matrix is a possiblity, no doubt. However, it is only science fiction.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: That film is a very accurate analogy of how this existence we live in really works, if you don't know. Remember that this reality has no solidity. Your body has no solidity, for that matter. wink

Yes, the new Hollywood offering is called Prometheus. Go watch that one too and get some more inspiration to put in your "data collection".
And also, James Cameron just came back from the mariana trench so be prepared to be insipred about the "real" nature of reality when he makes the next Avatar and uses the mariana trecnch as an influence.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Fiction is a very effective way of letting out data that would normally be rejected if presented as facts simply because us humans aren't ready yet for such data, so they let out the data via FICTION to get us slowly acquainted. They've been doing that for over a century now.
logicboy:

We can agree on some parts. The matrix is a possiblity, no doubt. However, it is only science fiction.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
logicboy:

don't give too much credence to this movie. It was just a technologically advanced take on the allegory of the cave with awesome scenery. My opinion of course.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the heads up.
Martian:

Yes, the new Hollywood offering is called Prometheus. Go watch that one too and get some more inspiration to put in your "data collection".
And also, James Cameron just came back from the mariana trench so be prepared to be insipred about the "real" nature of reality when he makes the next Avatar and uses the mariana trecnch as an influence.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Well since we are in the simulation, there is no way of knowing the operator, is there? When you leave the simulator(via death), then you will know who the operator is. Reptilians and other ancient aliens are also part of the simulation, btw.
It is a good one coming from someone who gets his information and education from the[b] mainstream media to be calling me an ignorant buffoon.

You sound paranoid. "mainstream media", "reptilians", "ancient aliens". You are crazy. F#ck this. lmao
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
While you are entitled to your extremely limited opinion, the movie is much more than what you have described it to be. It is fictionalizing of hidden but very advanced facts about our reality.
Martian:

don't give too much credence to this movie. It was just a technologically advanced take on the allegory of the cave with awesome scenery. My opinion of course.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Thanks for the heads up.

Don't thank me, I think I just inadvertently contributed to your ignorance.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
--------------
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: While you are entitled to your extremely limited opinion, the movie is much more than what you have described it to be. It is fictionalizing of hidden but very advanced facts about our reality.

Oh, shut up!
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Paranoid? No no no,martian! I love paradigm shifts. It is exciting data to me. wink But you can call me whatever you wish if it helps keep you in your comfort zone.
Martian:

You sound paranoid. "mainstream media", "reptilians", "ancient aliens". You are crazy. F#ck this. lmao
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Some people just can't handle the truth, can they? grin
Martian:

Oh, shut up!
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Some people just can't handle the truth, can they? grin

You're just too ignorant.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Of course i am. Only not as ignorant as you are. grin
Martian:

You're just too ignorant.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Of course i am. Only not as ignorant as you are. grin

Says the fool who believes in David Icke's reptilians.
dumb a$$ spoof who thinks he lives in a "3D simulated holographic universe".
F#cktard who posted a thread about Saturn being the earth's "star"
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
David Icke is a great man, martian. And the REPTILIANS are just one of many alien factions operating here on this planet. They are definitely not the only ones. There are others like, the GREYS, the NORDICS and the MANTIDS. Those are just the 4 main types known, but not the only ones. grin
Martian:

Says the fool who believes in David Icke's reptilians.
Re: Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: David Icke is a great man, martian. And reptillians are just one of many alien factions operating here on this planet. There are others like, the GREYS, the NORDICS and the MANTIDS. Those are just the 4 main types known, but not the only ones. grin

I rest my case.

By the way, True Blood just started a new season, so I am inspired. So to your , the GREYS, the NORDICS and the MANTIDS,I wish to add Vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, wizards, warlocks,maenads, and Fairies.

Thank you, and good night!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Names To Describe God. / Davidylan Says Sorry / The Best Proof That There Is God-It silenced all Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.