Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! (6795 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / April Polls: Acn, Cpc, Anpp Plan To Stop Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Chyz2: 1:58am On Jun 15, 2012
[size=18pt]Merger: We are ready to join ACN/CPC talks -APGA[/size]

Written by Hassan Ibrahim, Kaduna Friday, 15 June 2012

The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in the North-West zone has declared its readiness to join the proposed merger of the Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) so as to wrest power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The National Secretary of the party, Alhaji Sani Abdullahi Shinkafi, told newsmen in Kaduna at the end of an emergency meeting of APGA's National Working Committee from the Northern States and FCT on Thursday that as progressives, they would accept the invitation to be part of a coalition of parties that would take Nigeria to greater heights.

The meeting, which was attended by members of APGA and state chairmen from the 19 Northern States and Abuja, discussed the state of affairs of the party and reviewed current national issues as they affect members and the country.

Alhaji Shinkafi said: “The officers hailed the dogged and resilient defence of the party in all the various litigations instituted against the party by the former chairman, Chief Chekwas Okorie, and expressed happiness that the present leadership won in all the litigations, including at the Supreme Court, paving the way for Chief Okorie’s final exit from the party.

“They commended the national leadership of the party for successfully challenging the attempted cloning of the party by the former chairman when he tried to register United Grand Alliance (UPGA).

“They also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for rejecting the registration of UPGA as it would have created confusion among the electorate.”

“They expressed shock that a purported South-East Stakeholders Meeting of our party called outside the provisions of the constitution of APGA purportedly issued directives to the national executive committee of the party. The manner of that action tried to portray APGA as a South- East party rather than the national party that it is. We condemn that action and advise that decisions for the party should be made by the organs of the party recognised by the party’s constitution.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/42643-merger-we-are-ready-to-join-acncpc-talks-apga
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Beaf: 2:01am On Jun 15, 2012
Good! Now we can get firsthand news from inside.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by aljharem(m): 3:15am On Jun 15, 2012
Good, I hope they would present a proper Nigerian void of tribal sentiment like Rochas in the merger.

ACN should forget presenting tinubu and CPC should forget Buhari, right now what we need is a good hearted man or a technocrat like Fashola or Rochas

4 Likes

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by aljharem(m): 3:15am On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf: Good! Now we can get firsthand news from inside.

LOL, like PDP is doing better. How many Islands or trains have PDP bought or built ?
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 15, 2012
k
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Murphy7h4: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2012
grin grin
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by ozalogbo: 7:35am On Jun 15, 2012
PDP is jittery. This is no good news for them.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by feelamong(m): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2012
How can APGA say they want to be part of the Merger? were they not the ones that rushed to beg PDP to be part of the 'unity govt'?

I suspect APGA will be the mole the PDP people want to plant in the planned merger to mess things up..

Buhari and Tinubu should better watch these APGA guys well well o!! I dont trust that peter Obi guy one bit!

6 Likes

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by miteolu(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2012
We were thought merger & acquisition in Accounting now is POLITICS. merger & acquisition coming to mosques, churches and families very soon

1 Like

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Jeze: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2012
I believe Fashola's creativity is what this country needs
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Funkymallam(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2012
Is the NW APGA diff frm d SE APGA?
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2012
These merger talk is becoming like child play, have they forgotten that too many godfathers in a single party will bring rancor and superiority and inferiority complex, problem will start with portfolio sharing and then the final blow will come on choice of "anointing" sorry, nomination (not election) of candidates for the Primaries, Tinubu style.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Sealeddeal(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2012
feelamong: How can APGA say they want to be part of the Merger? were they not the ones that rushed to beg PDP to be part of the 'unity govt'?

I suspect APGA will be the mole the PDP people want to plant in the planned merger to mess things up..

Buhari and Tinubu should better watch these APGA guys well well o!! I dont trust that peter Obi guy one bit!
....unfortunately,they cant do without coalition with APGA for the opposition to be standard and to represent nigeria entity.dnt forget,APGA has millions of supporters and are holding two states already.

1 Like

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2012
I pray for their plans to hatch, i don tire for jona fresh air, its choking me...

1 Like

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2012
Funkymallam: Is the NW APGA diff frm d SE APGA?
sad
Funkymallam: Is the NW APGA diff frm d SE APGA?
me i wonder o!
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by malc619(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2012
Whatever it takes to dethrone the [b]NEST OF KILLERS [/b]and thieves
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by wilxz(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2012
The merger will only work if the godfathers will humble themselves, the big question would now be who to project for the president and vice, Is it goin to be, north and sw or sw and se, or north and se, or se and north, to many confusion.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 15, 2012
Nice concept, I hope the paradigm on which this merging of a thing is built upon is fair? PDP has failed.... I wish Naija cn operate on jst a two party system. Smh. cool
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by DTutu1: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2012
Pls, pls, .......! No body should talk about Rochas if the merger works when we have other better persons. The man Rochas will just personalize the whole thing for him and his family alone!
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by HisMajesty1(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2012
Just wish these merger will be strong enough 2 'overthrow' PDP.

1 Like

Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by edicolove: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2012
His Majesty: Just wish these merger will be strong enough 2 'overthrow' PDP.

And what will overthrowing PDP achieve? Last time I checked, PDP still has the best states. Most ACN, CPC and APGA states are still crap. Lagos has been totally mortgaged by Tinubu? So what ur point? Or you want Tinubu to own Nigeria or you want Fashola to sack all ASUU members and doctors in Nigeria?
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by zangiff(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2012
grin
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Dtwoabbey(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2012
O ga o. God, see it again ooooo. Who knows what will happen when in power again. Anyway, God knows the best for us. We re hoping for the best from God's intervention. It's well ooooooooooooooo.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by hakwise(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2012
grin
Jeze: I believe Fashola's creativity is what this country needs

I concur with U̶̲̥̅̊....in as much as I don't really dig tinubu and †ђξ anointing style of choosing candidates !!.....but his choice (Fashola) really is one †ђξ best candidates that we av around for now for †ђξ presidency...at least tinubu did gave lagosians a good successor compared to obj that gave us yardua/Gej...so really if we nigerians are really really really ready for change and not religious n ethnic calculations undecided
Jeze: I believe Fashola's creativity is what this country needs

I concur with U̶̲̥̅̊....in as much as I don't really dig tinubu and †ђξ anointing style of choosing candidates !!.....but his choice (Fashola) really is one †ђξ best candidates that we av around for now for †ђξ presidency...at least tinubu did gave lagosians a good successor compared to obj that gave us yardua/Gej...so really if we nigerians are really really really ready for change and not religious n ethnic calculations we should at least for once be wise n fight this PDP to †ђξ ground n vote for a better DEVIL 2015 is around †ђξ corner since this geographical expression called nigeria seems inseperable we shld at least...be smarter in †ђξ choice of our leaders nxt timee...
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by gbadexy(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2012
APGA's stronghold is in the east, I now wonder how the northern branch of the party that can't boast of a thousand votes come and speak for APGA.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 15, 2012
another merger...and they think PDP is vulnerable?the fact is no merger,multiplication or addition will take power from the PDP come 2015
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by amosy007: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2012
not bad.... time for anpp to follow suit
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
Dis shinkafi of a guy is on a mission to break up APGA, well sha we dey loo
k em
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
I see the northern APGA members decamping to CAN or CPC in the nearest future. These people should not be speaking on behalf of APGA even when they don't have one local government to their name.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
Everyone is looking for an avenue to easy political positions.
Once they get what they want (power and money), they jump ship, decamp or demerge.
Unfortunately the current set of political parties haven't got well structured, sound and detailed political ideologies, compared with the political parties of the first republic.
Re: Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! by 9jaIhail(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
Is this Boko haram shinkafi the APGA chairman? i think this fool need to shew his kworo and sleep off and wake up again in 2016 by then election is over,i can see a desperado talking,somebody should pls tell that kworo shewing master that we don't have time for Buhari and Tinubu marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electoral Materials Arrive Cross-river Ahead Of Saturday’s Polls / It Has Started: Boko Haram Now Being Reformed As Good Guys By The CIA / Northern Elders Set For War Against The South West Over Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.