Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido (724 Views)

2 Opposition Parties Deny Allegiance To Buhari / Okupe Calls Opposition Parties Noisemakers / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by PointB: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lamido Labels Opposition Parties Sanctuary for Failures

15 Jun 2012

Font Size: a / A
1803F03.Sule-Lamido.jpg - 1803F03.Sule-Lamido.jpg

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State

By Chuks Okocha in Abuja

Jigawa State Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, Thursday stirred the hornet’s nest when he described opposition parties as a “sanctuary for failures.”

Lamido, fielding questions from reporters during a visit to the national secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja, said many of the opposition parties were mere inventions brought about by the frustrations of their sponsors to achieve their political agenda.

According to him, “Other parties are mere inventions; inventions by frustration. From 1998 to date, only the PDP has been consistent. Look at the All Peoples Party (APP), which has now transformed to the All Nigeria Peoples Party, going down by the day. The Alliance for Democracy (AD) does no longer exist, or do we say moribund. They are all a sanctuary for political failures.”

By his assessment, none of the opposition parties has the strength of character and durability of PDP which has remained the ruling party since the rebirth of democracy in Nigeria in 1999.

Of the three parties that heralded the extant democratic dispensation, only PDP has not transformed into another party, even though many of its founding members left the party to found others.

Reiterating the supremacy and national character of the PDP, the governor said the party is the only hope for Nigerians, adding: “PDP is the only hope for Nigeria. Therefore, we must work very hard. We can’t afford to fail Nigerians.
“Whenever there is a crisis in PDP, with political instinct and sagacity, we overcome our crisis. If ACN has one fifth of our crisis, they will evaporate.

“PDP as a party will do everything possible not to fail Nigerians and will do everything to make Nigerians prosperous. Whatever cynics say about the party, we will remain united. Other parties draw their strength and inspiration from PDP.”
On the security challenges in the country, the governor said what the country needed now is the understanding, unity and patience of all Nigerians, as “the crisis has translated into a fear syndrome. People are simply afraid and people are worried over how they will become free from fear.”

He called for a united front in fighting insecurity because there is no difference between insecurity in the North and South.
Commenting on the $3 million cash-for-clearance scandal rocking the House of Representatives, the governor said it should be seen as part of the national malaise that calls for the total overhaul of the country’s moral values.
He called for a reorientation of our moral values.

“The matter (corruption) is gradually getting out of hand, and the question is being asked that as a people, what do we do? It is a national phenomena, everybody must be able to say no, I won’t do it. There is a total need for a reorientation of our moral values.

“People in the National Assembly, government houses and the armed forces are products of the Nigerian environment. So, when we speak of corruption, are we upright? It is a very serious problem, it is not a case of Farouk Lawan or any other person; it is a Nigerian crisis. Why don’t we do some kind of self-reflection? It is a general Nigerian crisis,” he said.

PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, described Lamido as the leading political filament of the current generation, stating that with what he had seen in Jigawa during his campaign to become the party national chairman, the governor is one of the hardworking governors in the party

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lamido-labels-opposition-parties-sanctuary-for-failures/118030/
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by Akanbiedu(m): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
he he he

If I had the Money, the police, the army, the judiciary etc under my control, I'd definitely be successful like PDP
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by Eziachi: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
It shows how bigger fools this politicians are.
If Lamido and his still-standing PDP are not in control of Nigeria purse, the police, army, INEC, Judiciary at their service, I wonder if himself will still be in the PDP?
How much did Lamido stood with SDP that won the 1993 presidential election before he quickly abandone the mandate and joined Abacha's government and one of the first to say that the annulment was an act of his god?
Those looking for those that kill the youth corpers after the last rigged selection- this one of goons you should be looking for, instead of chasing shadows with Buhari.
Opportunistic Stupid fool!!
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by PointB: 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
^^^
Pa Eziachi, I agree with you that Lamido is an opportunistic politician. I have no doubt that he belongs to the class of politician who seek power for the sake of it; with no clear idea of how to serve his constituency. That said, some of these political parties are no different fron the PDP which they seek to replace.
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by nagoma(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lamido is an arrogant brat and MF windbag.
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by Beaf: 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
PointB: ^^^
Pa Eziachi, I agree with you that Lamido is an opportunistic politician. I have no doubt that he belongs to the class of politician who seek power for the sake of it; with no clear idea of how to serve his constituency. That said, some of these political parties are no different fron the PDP which they seek to replace.

Sule Lamido is one of the best governors in Nigeria today.

He is right about the opposition parties too, they tend to be avenues for hate-filled failures to express themselves as hatefully as they know best.
Approach could be more cilvilised from the opposition parties that have the same (or worse) moral failings as the PDP.
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by Murphy7h4: 2:25am On Jun 16, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]I like this. shocked
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by koruji(m): 2:28am On Jun 16, 2012
O Lord, please save us from PDP's definition of success in Nigeria.

You know what? He is not talking about the success of the Nigerian nation - but the kind of ability-to-loot success that PDP has.

This people have absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria from the President downwards.
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by fstranger6: 4:23am On Jun 16, 2012
koruji: O Lord, please save us from PDP's definition of success in Nigeria.

You know what? He is not talking about the success of the Nigerian nation - but the kind of ability-to-loot success that PDP has.

[s]This people have absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria from the President downwards[/s].

So who has something to offer, AD? ACN? ADCN? ACDN? Ashiwaju's company of Nigeria? Aregbesola?
Re: Opposition Parties Sanctuary For Failures - Sule Lamido by PointB: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Beaf:

Sule Lamido is one of the best governors in Nigeria today.

He is right about the opposition parties too, they tend to be avenues for hate-filled failures to express themselves as hatefully as they know best.
Approach could be more cilvilised from the opposition parties that have the same (or worse) moral failings as the PDP.

Unfortunately, I am yet to see any pointer to the bolded. I see him as the mouthpiece of the fellows who would happily deprive the Niger Delta of their meager 13% derivative; I am yet to see the development agenda he had pursued in his state.

By and large, I don't trust him further than I can throw him.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Belive This????? / Why Is It Taking So Much Time For Military To Take Over In Nigeria???????? / President Goodluck Jonathan Travels To Belgium. Read More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.