Stats: 3,159,480 members, 7,840,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Best Movies You Watch As a Child - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Movies You Watch As a Child (13514 Views)

Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Movies You Don't Ever Want To See Again And Why? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by osazyankee: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Seyilome(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2012
Whao! Ok. Fist of fury,die hard,toofan,dermen der and veer,power ranger,robin hood,fantomas,commando,first blood by rambo,five element ninja,drunken master1,equalizer 2000,tazan,the jungle boy,godzilla,ajeji,aiyedun by babasuwe,iru esin,oluwa lo ni ile,koto orun,arelu,iyami leko,i show pepper,agbara nla,comedy film jacob and papy lolo,oro oru by iya ologi.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by 30secs(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
Josydaky: My favorite movies i watch as a child are wizard of oz and the secret garden. What are yours?
So non of una watch Yemi my love shey? Sound of music = best movie eva!!! #Classic
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by olumidazz: 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
Big foot and wild boy, the champ, break dance, sandoka, karate, canon ball run, nagin, enter the dragon, making of mj's thriller, aladin and 40 thiefs, I trust my leg, the avengers, biyonic woman, globe trotters.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2012
These movies I saw as a child and a young adult will stay with me forever:
MOON RAKER, THE BLUES BROTHERS, CLASH OF THE TITANS, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, CONAN THE DESTROYER, ET, SCARFACE.

ROMANCING THE STONE, PALE RIDER, THE GOOD,BAD AND THE UGLY, JEWEL OF THE NILE, ROCKY I - V.

RAMBO, POLICE ACADEMY, KARATE KID, NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER, CROCODILE DUNDEE, TOP GUN, BEVERLY HILLS COP.

DR DOOLITLE, GODZILLA, AIR FORCE ONE, MEN IN BLACK, ERASER, THE ROCK, INDEPENDENCE DAY, THE ROCK, WATERWORLD, THE FLINTSTONES, THE MASK, THE LION KING, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

INDECENT PROPOSAL, MRS DOUBTFIRE, JURASSIC PARK, SISTERS ACT, NUNS ON THE RUN, BASIC INSTINCT, THE BODYGUARD, ALADIN, TERMINATOR, TOTAL RECALL, PRETTY WOMAN, HOME ALONE, PROBLEM CHILD.

COMING TO AMERICA, WILLOW, DIE HARD, ROBO COP.

There are so many others but these are the one that I can remember.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by mager: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
Chucky,childz play
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
famous five
invisible man
sesame street
the adventures of huckleberry fin(tom saywer)
Hawaii five o
the professionals
chips
good times
fresh prince of bel air
mind your language
the Jefferson
different strokes
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Jayboy124: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2012
Ozonna: Jango,Gud Bad n ugly,7 brides for 7 brothers,Sound of music,bond movies, Hammer house of Horror,see no evil hear no evil, conan the destroyer and babarian,robo cop,eraser,etc

Glad you mentioned Seven Brides fo Seven Brothers. See No Evil, Hear No Evil was a good one too.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Sage1: 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
Voltron,ninja turtules,home alone ,seven lucky kids,famous 5,seasame square,wild rose,secret of the sand,oboi e tooo plenty yyyyyyyyy
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Josydaky(f): 2:15am On Jun 21, 2012
How did my first topic reach the front page.:-)
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by haladug(m): 2:40am On Jun 21, 2012
Show down in little tokyo, double impact, Hard Target...
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by babybird82(f): 3:27am On Jun 21, 2012
Wow, i have seen a lot of the movies mentioned. Also,

Turner and Huch
Undercover brothers
The longest day
Bridge too far
Major Payne(hilarious)
Gremlins
Ghazab
Raja Jani
Jugnu
Snake in the monkey shadow
Toofan
Above the law
The never ending story
seven voyage of sinbad
Arnold Schwarzenneger movies
James Bonds
Sylvester Stallone movies
Cynthia Rothroc movies
Chuck norris movies
Jackie Chan movies

And a whole lot of others. The good old days in my childhood zone, Akoka.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by babybird82(f): 3:29am On Jun 21, 2012
virtuoso01: These movies I saw as a child and a young adult will stay with me forever:
MOON RAKER, THE BLUES BROTHERS, CLASH OF THE TITANS, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, CONAN THE DESTROYER, ET, SCARFACE.

ROMANCING THE STONE, PALE RIDER, THE GOOD,BAD AND THE UGLY, JEWEL OF THE NILE, ROCKY I - V.

RAMBO, POLICE ACADEMY, KARATE KID, NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER, CROCODILE DUNDEE, TOP GUN, BEVERLY HILLS COP.

DR DOOLITLE, GODZILLA, AIR FORCE ONE, MEN IN BLACK, ERASER, THE ROCK, INDEPENDENCE DAY, THE ROCK, WATERWORLD, THE FLINTSTONES, THE MASK, THE LION KING, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

INDECENT PROPOSAL, MRS DOUBTFIRE, JURASSIC PARK, SISTERS ACT, NUNS ON THE RUN, BASIC INSTINCT, THE BODYGUARD, ALADIN, TERMINATOR, TOTAL RECALL, PRETTY WOMAN, HOME ALONE, PROBLEM CHILD.

COMING TO AMERICA, WILLOW, DIE HARD, ROBO COP.

There are so many others but these are the one that I can remember.

Saw all except Pale Rider. Cool.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by akogunwhite: 8:39am On Jun 21, 2012
Na wa oo...I dey vex o.....where una put? Agbara Nla......ayaaaaamataga...lol ;DNa wa oo...I dey vex o.....where una put? Agbara Nla......ayaaaaamataga...lol
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by slam7000(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2012
Bugsy Malone

Bugsy Malone....any day ant time.

The good the bad the ugly....Clint Eastwood rocks.....
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Visman(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2012
As a man of 27yrs of age growingup in d early 90s, I watched movies like commando,Rambo American ninja above the law showdown in little Tokyo snake in monkey shadow delta force kingkong sound of music childsplay conan the babarian the hardway total recall king of the kick boxer, I no fit name dem abeg including naija nneka d preety serpent Bruno and d law backstabAm e boku joor
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by UyiIredia(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
They include: Babies Day Out, Problem Child I & II, James Bond, Disney films e.g 101 Dalmatian dogs, etc
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by elainemia(f): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Deci numberie (number 10),sound of music,and the one about the indian twins, one was a magician(1,2,9,...11) smiley
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Oothman(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
Jayboy124: Has to be Bollywood films Dharam Veer, Burning Train, Sunita and Hollywood film Sound of Music.

wow! Dat Sunita is my best then nd Mel Gibson's brave heart
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Oothman(m): 5:05am On Jun 22, 2012
Visman: As a man of 27yrs of age growingup in d early 90s, I watched movies like commando,Rambo American ninja above the law showdown in little Tokyo snake in monkey shadow delta force kingkong sound of music childsplay conan the babarian the hardway total recall king of the kick boxer, I no fit name dem abeg including naija nneka d preety serpent Bruno and d law backstabAm e boku joor
Wow! Bro, i luv dat film so mch 2 especially America ninja i&ii ,Delta force nd Dolph laundgren Show down in little tokyo.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by TheMatrix3: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2012
James Bond (Sean Connery) You only live twice, Golden gun, Octopussy
The gods must be crazy
RAmbo 123
Commando
Police story
I spit on your grave (That was blue film to us o!) grin
Coming to America
Romancing the stone
Indianna Jones
the good the bad the ugly
Jango, Jango strikes again, Return of Jango (Clint my Homie Eastwood cool) Me likey wink
Mard
Robocop
Watan ke rakwale (india)
Okpuru Anaynwu (mike Orife dimma) grin
Abija

elaine mia: Deci numberie (number 10)and the one about the indian twins, one was a magician(1,2,9,...11) smiley

I don laff mistakenly slap Mopol grin grin grin @ De Numberie, and the twin movie was Toofan wink
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
tchaik: Please folks, what is the name of that movie where a talking Car loves a lil boy, and saved the boy from some villians? I think d car's name is Joe or something! (Volkswagen) pls not Nightrider ooo!

Herbie
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hear no evil , see no evil ( Richard Pryor )
Trading places ( Eddie Murphy )
Conan the barbarian
Hawk the slayer
The great race
Murder by natural causes
Live and let die
Our man called flint
King kong
All the " Carry on " series

And for Bollywood
The great gambler
Karate
Amar , Akbah , Anthony
There was this one where a guys hands were cut off cos the carriage he repaired for a royal had an accident when the wheel detached , can't remember the title though
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by slimyem: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
^errrm...no nollywood?
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Oothman(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
elaine mia: Deci numberie (number 10),sound of music,and the one about the indian twins, one was a magician(1,2,9,...11) smiley
wow! Dat ws Toofan.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
slimyem: ^errrm...no nollywood?

Nothing like Nollywood back then . Hey you seem to be off the radar lately
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by slimyem: 6:50am On Jun 23, 2012
apocalypse:

Nothing like Nollywood back then . Hey you seem to be off the radar lately
so you missed the likes of 'mama mi leko,yemi my lover,arelu,aiye'...cheesycheesy
...bout being off...blame it on that eeediot JJC mod.tongue
u good?
Hope you see this before it gets hidden...cheesy
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2012
slimyem: so you missed the likes of 'mama mi leko,yemi my lover,arelu,aiye'...cheesycheesy
...bout being off...blame it on that eeediot JJC mod.tongue
u good?
Hope you see this before it gets hidden...cheesy

Yeah I saw those ones even , Orun mo ru , Iya n'la and that movie by Matt and Gladys Dadzie where the husband kills the wife for rituals and she comes back to haunt him as a cat , mehn that shiite was scary back then. Still wasn't called Nollywood though

Guess we have to give him/her a chance to see how he/she performs ( though a lot of post seem to get missing or hidden ). I'm ecstatic cos I've gotten a new lease on life

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2012
I'm guessing no one used the Yemi my love line on you ( you probably were a nerdy pre-teen youth then ) , still it can be very useful in this time
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by slimyem: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2012
apocalypse: I'm guessing no one used the Yemi my love line on you ( you probably were a nerdy pre-teen youth then ) , still it can be very useful in this time
if anyone had used that on me then ,it wouldnt have worked.
Nerdy?Hell no!i've never been close!
Naughty perhaps!
I'd have thought it a joke and laughed over it..make whoever's using it on me look really st...upid!
Right now,there's hardly any line that works for me so it'll defo be a FAIL at any attempt at trial!!tongue
Re: Best Movies You Watch As a Child by elainemia(f): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2012
The_Matrix: I don laff mistakenly slap Mopol grin grin grin @ De Numberie,
wetin make u dey laff now? Didn't I spell it right?

Funniest British Movie Ever Is / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors / Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series?