Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model (2873 Views)

What is wrong With Toyota Venza? / Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander / Honda Crv 2008/2009 Vs Toyota Highlander 2006/2007 Vs Camry Xle 2008/2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by ngbede69: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
Good day!!
Am having serious challenges with the tokubo toyota highlander 2006 hybrid model. After reading the manual and researching it on the internet, I found out that it has an inverter that will surely run down. After checking mine, found out dt it was remaining 1/4. What I want 2 knw, is whether it can be recharged to 100% durin driver or raplaced here in Nigeria and how much..

Thanks
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by inspiredm(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
ngbede69: Good day!!
Am having serious challenges with the tokubo toyota highlander 2006 hybrid model. After reading the manual and researching it on the internet, I found out that it has an inverter that will surely run down. After checking mine, found out dt it was remaining 1/4. What I want 2 knw, is whether it can be recharged to 100% durin driver or raplaced here in Nigeria and how much..

Thanks

Does the Car still Start and Does it Drive ?
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by ngbede69: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=inspired_m]

Does the Car still Start and Does it Drive ?[/quote ]
Yes it does!!
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by Cargoed: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2012
Take note when ever you remove the battery, wait 5mins before you touch anything these vehicle carry a lot charge and can elect-shock, also the system will lock including the immo and you may need to reprogramme. All the best, you can find any part you want in Lagos Auto-village Ladipo, you just need to know what you are looking for.
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by ngbede69: 11:48am On Jun 18, 2012
Cargoed: Take note when ever you remove the battery, wait 5mins before you touch anything these vehicle carry a lot charge and can elect-shock, also the system will lock including the immo and you may need to reprogramme. All the best, you can find any part you want in Lagos Auto-village Ladipo, you just need to know what you are looking for.
Ok.. Tnx alot!!
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by sultaan(m): 5:14am On Jun 19, 2012
You may have to keep driving it on gas engine till you get rid of it.$9k worth of replacement part is not worth it.
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by Akilasol: 9:12am On May 01, 2013
Pls hw do u reprogramme?
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by cardoctor(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2013
I recently replaced a battery pack for a 2006 model. Total cost inc shipping from the US N720k.
Have an expert check
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by ajims(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
@Cardoctor and house, pls my toyota highlander hybrid 2006 is giving me error code P0A78 and the car has refused to start, pls help!!!
Re: Inverter Problems With Toyota Highlander 2006 Hybrid Model by nurey(m): 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
ajims:
@Cardoctor and house, pls my toyota highlander hybrid 2006 is giving me error code P0A78 and the car has refused to start, pls help!!!

1. You have to start your own thread afresh

2. The code you provided isn't enough. There are supposed to be 2 other codes accompanying it. If that's the only code then

3. According to the guy with that issue, he changed the inverter and still his car didn't start and he was advised to check the batteries seems one was carrying low charge or about to give way.

4. You need to provide your location because you need serious diagnosis, hybrid car isn't a trial and error thing, it would cause you money to tow that part.

Follow that link to learn about the issue and code

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/4rd53-toyota-highlander-hybrid-limited-hi-name-josh-i.html

I cannot mention name of an expert here cause I don't know much about fixing hybrids but starting a thread would help you find one

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Implications Of 5w30 Or 5w40 Instead Of 5w20 Engine Oil. / Free Autocheck.com VIN Checks Here! / I Just Upraded My Cab Business (please Review)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.