Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,345 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (8665 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by 9zeros(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
kasiem: oh, so obi even has glory, let alone, past? I thought u guys are claiming that he has not patched any pothole since he entered office? Hmm, let that past glory continue as he builds many roads in nnewi and osha, abeg tell us how bank road, orizu road and co are doing right now. But, there are some exaggerations in that story oo
yeah, lets just cut d long story....in one word, obi is a FAILURE.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by kasiem(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
9-zeros:

yeah, lets just cut d long story....in one word, obi is a FAILURE.
why not commit suicide, as a young tunisian did, to show d inefficiency of the gov't?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by Onlytruth(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
I try to avoid Anambra threads because I don't want to get involved in some silly local politics. I do enough of Anambra arguments with fellow Anambrarians in our many forums at Yahoo and elsewhere. My experience from those forums tell me that a camel will pass through the eye of the needle before we have a FAIR ASSESSMENT of the Peter Obi administration.

For me, all I do to get to the truth is I call home and inquire of my brothers and relatives about Obi's performance.
From what they tell me, Obi is not a failure, by a long short. BTW they are all Ngige's supporters o (including my humble self in the past). I no longer support Ngige because he has stubbornly stayed in ACN. He is not thinking about the bigger picture, and in his pursuit of personal political relevance at the center, he is introducing a strange party to Igboland. If he leaves ACN tomorrow, I may change my mind, assuming Soludo somehow stays in PDP, or Dora Akunyili never re-contests under APGA.

Methinks that the more BITTER Obi's critics are, the more likely they are supporters of either Ngige, or Uba or so many other countless folks who want to rule Anambra state.
A fair critic of Obi would NOT be bitter, afterall Anambra state is not the person's personal property. lol

I also frown at this idea that Awka must look like Enugu or other state capitals before Obi gets a pass mark.
Even Abakaliki was not developed today. As of the 70s and early 80s Abakalaliki already had roads. Awka was a VILLAGE before 1999. To transform Awka overnight, Anambra would need to be an oil producing state. Even Uyo sef is not that much better in terms of development bearing in mind that Akwa Ibom is a TOP oil state.
For a state with ZERO federal presence and with some of the least federal allocations, the state is not bankrupt and Obi has saved Anambra from reckless borrowing. To me, that is enough achievement.
When you ask some of these critics to pay more taxes now, they will call for your head loudest.
You can't eat your cakes and have it.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by 9zeros(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
kasiem: why not commit suicide, as a young tunisian did, to show d inefficiency of the gov't?
i'd commit suicide if i were poor n depend on d govt 4 d gud life. but m street-rich, so...
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by onyengbu: 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
Onlytruth: I try to avoid Anambra threads because I don't want to get involved in some silly local politics. I do enough of Anambra arguments with fellow Anambrarians in our many forums at Yahoo and elsewhere. My experience from those forums tell me that a camel will pass through the eye of the needle before we have a FAIR ASSESSMENT of the Peter Obi administration.

For me, all I do to get to the truth is I call home and inquire of my brothers and relatives about Obi's performance.
From what they tell me, Obi is not a failure, by a long short. BTW they are all Ngige's supporters o (including my humble self in the past). I no longer support Ngige because he has stubbornly stayed in ACN. He is not thinking about the bigger picture, and in his pursuit of personal political relevance at the center, he is introducing a strange party to Igboland. If he leaves ACN tomorrow, I may change my mind, assuming Soludo somehow stays in PDP, or Dora Akunyili never re-contests under APGA.

Methinks that the more BITTER Obi's critics are, the more likely they are supporters of either Ngige, or Uba or so many other countless folks who want to rule Anambra state.
A fair critic of Obi would NOT be bitter, afterall Anambra state is not the person's personal property. lol

I also frown at this idea that Awka must look like Enugu or other state capitals before Obi gets a pass mark.
Even Abakaliki was not developed today. As of the 70s and early 80s Abakalaliki already had roads. Awka was a VILLAGE before 1999. To transform Awka overnight, Anambra would need to be an oil producing state. Even Uyo sef is not that much better in terms of development bearing in mind that Akwa Ibom is a TOP oil state.
For a state with ZERO federal presence and with some of the least federal allocations, the state is not bankrupt and Obi has saved Anambra from reckless borrowing. To me, that is enough achievement.
When you ask some of these critics to pay more taxes now, they will call for your head loudest.
You can't eat your cakes and have it.
Eheee.. Eze cheregodu first;

I disagree completely with you on the bolded(s) cheesy
First, being bitter doesnt automatically make one and Ngige or Uba supporter. One might have been an Obi supporter and then later became bitter when Obi disappointed. I am one of such people. You cant say that one wont be bitter against Obi. As a matter of fact you can cricticize the man without being bitter. He took us like 10 years back.
Almost every anambrarian loved ngige while he lasted and when he was removed he did what other politicians dont do by asking everyone to support Obi and believe me everyone (me inclusive) did. However, everyone waited and waited for obi to continue where others stopped and we NEVER stopped waiting till today. Initially he made everyone believe it is the Ubas that is using the lawmakers to derail him and we believed him and still hoped he will bounce back while cursing the Ubas. Ubas realised that the man is riding on their back and went underground and
no one heard from them again till 2010 elections.
When Obi has ran out of excuses, he now resorted to lies and propaganda. It is all working for him but not people that live in anambra. It is there for everyone to see.

I know that governance is not easy but anambra people have tasted worse (Oderaa) and best (ngige) only to be dragged down to good or maybe bad even (Obi).
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by Onlytruth(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

First, being bitter doesnt automatically make one and Ngige or Uba supporter. [b]One might have been an Obi supporter and then later became bitter when Obi disappointed. I am one of such people. You cant say that one wont be bitter against Obi. As a matter of fact you can cricticize the man without being bitter. [/b]He took us like 10 years back.
Almost every anambrarian loved ngige while he lasted and when he was removed he did what other politicians dont do by asking everyone to support Obi and believe me everyone (me inclusive) did. However, everyone waited and waited for obi to continue where others stopped and we NEVER stopped waiting till today. Initially he made everyone believe it is the Ubas that is using the lawmakers to derail him and we believed him and still hoped he will bounce back while cursing the Ubas. Ubas realised that the man is riding on their back and went underground and
When Obi has ran out of excuses, he now resorted to lies and propaganda. It is all working for him but not people that live in anambra. It is there for everyone to see.

I know that governance is not easy but anambra people have tasted worse (Oderaa) and best (ngige) only to be dragged down to good or maybe bad even (Obi).

Nwanne how can I fault any of the points you raised? Nna ike gwulu. embarassed cry
If only Obi had put this whole thing beyond debate.
Anyi amarozi nke bu nke. sad

I am only waiting for 2014 so that all the debates will at least subside, hopefully.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by Yeske2(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

First, being bitter doesnt automatically make one and Ngige or Uba supporter. One might have been an Obi supporter and then later became bitter when Obi disappointed. I am one of such people. You cant say that one wont be bitter against Obi. As a matter of fact you can cricticize the man without being bitter. He took us like 10 years back.

Di anyi, ife I na ekwu bu eziokwu. Ike gwulu just as Eze has said. Obi's stat on poverty et al is due to the never dying Igbo spirit and not on his acclaimed agenda.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by andyprez(m): 12:38am On Jun 23, 2012
[quote author=Onlytruth]I try to avoid Anambra threads because I don't want to get involved in some silly local politics. I do enough of Anambra arguments with fellow Anambrarians in our many forums at Yahoo and elsewhere. My experience from those forums tell me that a camel will pass through the eye of the needle before we have a FAIR ASSESSMENT of the Peter Obi administration.

I respect the fact that you want to sound fair to the man (Obi) but its not necessary my brother. Let's leave urban development as in the case of Awka, & let's talk about infrastructures, roads, poverty, & good business developments. Obi has done very little in these areas. Have you visited their official website? Its total crap. My grandma in d villa can do better. No info what so ever. Obi is just a proud man. Anambra has money for crying out loud. There's Nnewi, Onitsha & even awka where he generates money but nothing to show for it.
I don't wanna sound rude but I guess its either your sources in Anambra gave you a wrong info or that you mis-interpreted them.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by kasiem(m): 6:14am On Jun 23, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

there we go again, man ur case with obi stems from the fact he's in apga, simple. If u hated obi because he's doing bad, we wouldn't be seeing blabbing balderdash whenever u see any apga candidate, even to the extent of akunyili. Man, stop claiming what u are not.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by MrGlobe(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2012
@andyprez dont mistake who he is. He is one of the peter obi agents on Nairaland. Can you imagine how foolish he is and double mouthed his statements are. He is telling us obi is 'doing well' with one mouth and using the other to tell us he 'cant wait for 2014'. And now, Anambra does not have money to urbanize its cities and boost infrastructure?. Onlywhatever is a troll. An heidiot!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by Genius100: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
Nigeria is full of i-diots as exemplified by the majority of posters on this thread. First of all, to the slowpoke, 9ja_I_hail, El Rufai was far more critical of the budgets of northern goverments than he was of Anambra state, so get your facts right before you start gibbering your lips allover the place like a market woman. To the rest of the posters, how can you be so gullible? El-Rufai analyzed Anambra state's budget. An appropriate response is a direct response to El-Rufai's claim not reeling out a list of verified and unverified achievements. That does not address El-Rufai's points. Anyone can reel out supposed achievements. As useless as Ohakim and Alao-Akala were, you will bow if you read articles on their supposed achievements.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by dantecruso: 4:23am On Jul 20, 2012
The same time it cost Peter Obi to go to the printing press to draw biiboard of prototype of his Project Rochas in Imo state would use it to finish his project. Let's call a spead, a spead forget who brought it now this young mans problem is that El rufai analysied our state budget n make us see the flaws in the governance. Since the 30\30 Uba's PDP house of assembly left what has he done? Let him leave every other thing and give us just 1 I think we will use it to remember him just the local govt election is ok then even if he has done bad in other sectors we can now say atleast he did for LG elections which the PDP frm Odera counciled n refused to conduct.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by jbaur24: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2012
dantecruso: The same time it cost Peter Obi to go to the printing press to draw biiboard of prototype of his Project Rochas in Imo state would use it to finish his project. Let's call a spead, a spead forget who brought it now this young mans problem is that El rufai analysied our state budget n make us see the flaws in the governance. Since the 30\30 Uba's PDP house of assembly left what has he done? Let him leave every other thing and give us just 1 I think we will use it to remember him just the local govt election is ok then even if he has done bad in other sectors we can now say atleast he did for LG elections which the PDP frm Odera counciled n refused to conduct.

Shatap, roachas is a crook and a talkative. He has continued to talk and talk since Peter Obi and Ume made him governor of imo state. Come to Anambra and see FDIs and infrastructures attracted to Anambra by Obi.

So take your bad belle elsewhere.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by patrick89(m): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2012
Honestly, i dnt like wat is happnin, people dnt like or aprc8 gud tins,
1.most of d vilages in anambra state, neva had roads, til nw.
2.dia s no part of anambra state dat wil take u 3hrs drive frm awka wit out trafic jam.
3. Anambra for d first time, can nw boast of so many thns, people dnt see things like dat. Dey want obi to plant flowers,
4. Obi s tightfisted, and datz y civil servants dnt speak gud of him, and wen u are told abt Obi frm a civil servant, u wil belive, cos he/she wil give u facts n figure,
5. To tel u hw bad things are 70% of ndi anambra dnt knw abt orient, dey dnt even kia to knw, dey dnt knw abt d numeros brigdes d first of it kind, dat conects d whole anambra,
6. D bita truth s dat obi s nt a politician, cos wat pple want to hear or cee s turnin awka into an eldorado withn 6yrs, forgetin dat anambra has many urban places to be taken kia of, umunze to oko or to umuchu are well tared, frm aguleri to nsugbe, frm ekwulobi to umunze. Frm awka to any neighborin town . Like nise, frm awka to ekwulobia to agulu all. Frm obosi to ogidi to awaka. Comon we shuld stp al dese thns and say d truth for once
Re: Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations by patrick89(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2012
Pple shuld jst verify b4 sayin anythn. Or just ask anyone to mention a road dat s nt gud, u wil be shocked to hear osha-enugu road,
do u knw dat anambra has 3 phases of roads. And d 1st phase s almst completd u cn only cee 3 phase ie does witin d street n paths untared. Bt any road that connects lga mst be tared. Most of d riverine area dat neva had road cn nw boast of dat nw. Dis s wat pple dnt knw. Buildin a road is diff frm tarin a road, and mst of d roads espacily d one dat leads to my town neva expirencd any attentin til nw, pple tink anambra starts frm osha-awka-nnewi nt forgetin ekwulobia n umunze n so on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ribadu - Nigeria’s Sinking Ship And The Way Forward / Fulani Herdsmen Caught On Camera Sharing AK 47 And Ammunition In The Bush(video) / This Is Tinubu During Jonathan's Tenure(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.