Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Farouk Lawan Released On Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Released On Bail (11088 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by nduchucks: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
Lawan was left off the hook around 6 pm after his lawyers, led by Ricky Tarfa, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), met the bail conditions, which included two sureties each for the two detained men who must be well known Nigerians without any criminal record, persons of impeccable character, and owners of landed property in Abuja who must surrender the Certificates of Occupancy of their land in the Federal Capital Territory.

It was learnt that Lawan had claimed that the bribe money was with the ethics committee of the House, which will present it to the House on Tuesday.

He is, however, to report to the police everyday.
Deputy police spokesman Frank Mbah, who confirmed the release, gave no further details.
Lawan’s release came just as Integrity Group, a pro-transparency group of lawmakers that he belongs to, threw its weight behind last Friday's resolution of the House on the bribery allegation.

Police sources told THISDAY that Lawan promised to return $500,000, which he claimed to be his share of the loot, from the House Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes on Tuesday when the legislature resumes plenary, and to surrender same to the police.
Lawan had in one of the interviews he granted before his detention said he reported the bribery incident and transmitted the money he collected from Otedola to the House Committee on Drugs Narcotics and Financial Crimes. However, chairman of the committee, Hon Jagaba Adams Jagaba, said he neither received a report about the underhand deal nor took delivery of the allegedly marked dollar bills from Lawan, as he claimed.

Sources close to the Police Force Headquarters said Lawan was at first not willing to cooperate with the team of policemen detailed to grill him, hence his detention beyond 24 hours.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/house-member-farouk-lawan-released-on-bail/118141/

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by nduchucks: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
Another version:

Embattled Representative Farouk Lawan returned home from police custody on Saturday but under one condition:he must produce the alleged $620000 bribe not later than this week.
The Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Task Force (STF), Mr. Ali Amodu granted Lawan bail at about 4pm yesterday in the presence of one of the counsel, Rickey Tarfa (SAN).

Source
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Still no arrests and no formal charges. At least make dem show us the video naw!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
He is like a goldfish anyway, there is no hiding place for him. This is not one of the cases anyone can bury.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Beaf: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
The SSS have searched his house overnight and siezed a further $10,000.00 in cash; they also know that the $620,000.00 is not complete (cos its been shared). So, its a great deal if you ask me. Lol!
Let Farouk produce the money in one week or else!...

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by otokx(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Good for him
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf: The SSS have searched his house overnight and siezed a further $10,000.00 in cash; they also know that the $620,000.00 is not complete (cos its been shared). So, its a great deal if you ask me. Lol!

My friend, where do you get all this insider information. Please don't tell me you don't have friends in Aso Rock.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by nduchucks: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf: The SSS have searched his house overnight and siezed a further $10,000.00 in cash; they also know that the $620,000.00 is not complete (cos its been shared). So, its a great deal if you ask me. Lol!

SSS has no business siezing the $10,000 if it was found in his house. Was the $10,000 part of the so-called "marked" bribe noney? And how did you know that the SSS know s that the $620,000 is not complete (cos its been shared),do you think you are chatting with gullible prople here? Stop believeing everything you read on the internet, olodo.

If everything you'll like to have us believe is true, Farouks bail should have been set for at least $600,000 including other sureties in the same amount. Do they have a case against this man at all? They set him free and asked him to produce the $620,000? What folly!!! These people are quite incompetent to say the least.

Why not squeeze Farouk in jail to the point that he would volunteer to take them where the money is?

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by gulfer: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
ndu_chucks: Another version:

Embattled Representative Farouk Lawan returned home from police custody on Saturday but under one condition:he must produce the alleged $620000 bribe not later than this week.
The Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Task Force (STF), Mr. Ali Amodu granted Lawan bail at about 4pm yesterday in the presence of one of the counsel, Rickey Tarfa (SAN).
Hmm mm, the boldened.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by nduchucks: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
gulfer: Hmm mm, the boldened.

Maybe this will help clear things up.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freebloke: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hehehehe......
i dey laff o!
government magic.... D more u look d less.... Make una helep me complete am.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Rhino5dm: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
, . .Now, time to remove the speaker of the house.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by mosalab(m): 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
D police have to realese him 4 him to be able to gather d money 4rm d benefactors provided dey've not spend d money... Facrook! Dats gonna be easy task 4 u nao... Just borrow d money 4rm ur senior legislooters nd mark d money in comparison to d sample wit u... Lobatan... NPF are too dullllllll or toooooo korupt....

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
mosalab: D police have to realese him 4 him to be able to gather d money 4rm d benefactors provided dey've not spend d money... Facrook! Dats gonna be easy task 4 u nao... Just borrow d money 4rm ur senior legislooters nd mark d money in comparison to d sample wit u... Lobatan... NPF are too dullllllll or toooooo korupt....

What if the SSS marked the money by serial numbers?
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Rhino5dm: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
Bode George was released from prison after stealing 100 billion naira and spending just a year+ in his palatable air conditioned cell(mansion), he decided to make a thanks giving at his church. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess who was in attendance, two serving ministers, fomer president and the first lady( wife of president jonathan).

OBJ squandered about 16 billion dollars on power in his eight years of presidency and couldn't even provide single additional megawatts to our national grid. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to him? Nada!!!

We were told that IBB and Raymond Dopkesi masterminded the twin bombings in abuja that took the lives of some 22 innocent nigerians. This is not the even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to them? Raymond Dokpesi was made director of jonathan's media team and IBB is being consulted regularly by Jonathan, as a political mentor.

-Kini big deal?! So, Fa-crook's case is just moi-moi. PDP share the MONEY!

11 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
Naija has once again shocked the world. Don't worry, if we invite the British, they will definitely find something on him.

Useless nation, useless people
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by mosalab(m): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
Aigbofa:

What if the SSS marked the money by serial numbers?
even if dey marked d money with gadafi's blood, dse legislooters(boss) are ready to go extral mile to bail out dre integrity master 4rm ds mess based on dre resolution yesterday nd i tink d NPF has compromise wit dem... So bros femmo(actor) abeg o prepare 4 counter attack...
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by pingpong1: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
The Police doesn't need to see the alleged bribe money to file charges against Farouk. The underground politics has started in earnest.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by banmaster(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Bode George was released from prison after stealing 100 billion naira and spending just a year+ in his palatable air conditioned cell(mansion), he decided to make a thanks giving at his church. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess who was in attendance, two serving ministers, fomer president and the first lady( wife of president jonathan).

OBJ squandered about 16 billion dollars on power in his eight years of presidency and couldn't even provide single additional megawatts to our national grid. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to him? Nada!!!

We were told that IBB and Raymond Dopkesi masterminded the twin bombings in abuja that took the lives of some 22 innocent nigerians. This is not the even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to them? Raymond Dokpesi was made director of jonathan's media team and IBB is being consulted regularly by Jonathan, as a political mentor.

-Kini big deal?! So, Fa-crook's case is just moi-moi. PDP share the MONEY!

not only moi moi ooo, grandnut follow self
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Clerverly: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
These are the things i can deduce from the whole drama:
1. There was no sting operation involving the SSS. Otedola recorded the whole movie himself.

2. The money was never marked.

3. Farouk only involved the Police when he was tipped of the recording.

4. Otedola handed over to the police the audio and video they are branding about.

5. Farouk and Otedola are guilty as charged.

6. Nothing else will come out this because the objective has been achieved and surppassed.

Jona and PDP i no go better for una!!!

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by koruji(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Boy, I hope you have a good heart, because Nigeria is about to break it. "not one of the cases anyone can bury."? You must be joking, worse cases have been buried and nothing happened.

Sorry o! Only a very impersonal system is the only one that can save Nigeria!!!

Aigbofa: He is like a goldfish anyway, there is no hiding place for him. This is not one of the cases anyone can bury.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
Aigbofa: He is like a goldfish anyway, there is no hiding place for him. This is not one of the cases anyone can bury.

You will soon be shocked! Let's be watching.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Yeske2(m): 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: Still no arrests and no formal charges. At least make dem show us the video naw!
I guess it's up to us to tell these guys time up, enough is enough.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2012
Clerverly: These are the things i can deduce from the whole drama:
1. There was no sting operation involving the SSS. Otedola recorded the whole movie himself. Are you for real? You were able to deduce that from what naw?

2. The money was never marked. Are you sure about that? Cause many of the reports claim the notes were marked(at least the S# noted)

3. Farouk only involved the Police when he was tipped of the recording. Now you are playing. So you only took this part from all the reports and essentially labeled, as bull, the rest of the information contained in many of the stories.

4. Otedola handed over to the police the audio and video they are branding about. Well, this part remains sketchy since some reports claimed Otedola only handed over the evidence a couple of days ago, when the actual 'sting', according to most all the reports, took place in April. The only reason, in my opinion, why this new broke only a week and some days ago, is that the evidence(video et al) was made available to the authorities about the same time. Now a good question to ask is why the evidence was not in the hands of the authorities all this while.

5. Farouk and Otedola are guilty as charged. Guilty of what though?

6. Nothing else will come out this because the objective has been achieved and surppassed. huh?

Jona and PDP i no go better for una!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by ballabriggs: 12:18am On Jun 17, 2012
I'm not interested in this noise about Farook again. Shoot him if you want but produce the $20 billion.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by hycebee(m): 5:49am On Jun 17, 2012
These magicians are at it again. Their 'abracadabra' stunts don start again. I knew we'll never get to know how this show of shame will end up. And I knew that nobody will be prosecuted. Chei!!! Dis country don finish undecided undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by ganye1: 6:06am On Jun 17, 2012
The police have no power to detain him for more than 48 hours, hence they either charge him or release him. Why did they choose to release him instead of taking him to court,? To me. It suggests, that d evidence d police have against him is not good enough.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2012
i have said earliar that this is house money and not lawan money. He might have revealed some strange revelations and facts that made police helpless. All of them are seriously involved.
If nothing is done for the next 3 months to charge him to court or arrest some culprits, the, even GEJ is not worthy of completing his tenure.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 17, 2012
Until substantial evidence are put forward, I'll continue to believe that this is another diversion fiasco.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Clerverly: 7:13am On Jun 17, 2012
[quote author=Koboj[/color][color=#550000]unkie][/quot[b]e]
1. Why was he not arrested at the scene of the crime? At least it would have been easier to recover the said money, maybe that would ve made the evidence more admissible.

2 I still insist the money was never marked, at least they should have given us the serial numbers not just badging into his house to pick any dollar they[/b] can lay hands on. For the Nigerian papers, am sure you are not living in this country. No paper does investigative journalism, all they do is wait for any lead from the internet, unreliables sources, interview etc, the
next morning they go to town with it.
3.Your last question casts a lot of doubts on the STING OPERATION being claimed by Otedola.
4 My point still remains that Farouk is a big Thief and Otedola a bigger One
[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2012
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin naija shocked shocked shocked
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freebloke: 8:38am On Jun 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Until substantial evidence are put forward, I'll continue to believe that this is another diversion fiasco.

kpom kpem!
full stop!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom / War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures / Biafra ; Protesters Are Marching To British Embassy In Abuja. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.