Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner (850 Views)

Oyo Commissioner Of Police Consoles Bereaved Man, Gives Him Motorcycle (photo) / Political Thugs Attack Oyo Commissioner And INEC Officials / Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Mamajama(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2007
Oyo State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Alhaji Majekodunmi Aborode, got a dose of brutality at the weekend when policemen attached to Akobo Police Station, Ibadan, descended on him and beat him black and blue. He was also detained for five hours.

This whole story is funny. No matter what you DO NOT TOUCH OR ASSAULT A POLICE OFFICER.

LOL

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/nov/26/national-26-11-2007-001.htm
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by iykrion(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
The Nigerian Police brutality towards unarmed citizens gives great course for concern. But in this case, the commissioner actually deserved what he got(if the story of the Police PRO is correct). Sometimes our politicians feel that they are above a constituted authority.

Perhaps, the commissioner wants to replicate what Baba Amala does to policemen, without knowing that every day is for the thief, but one day will be for the catcher.

He is lucky that he was only beaten black and blue. They would've beaten to a state of coma. Commissioner my ko, renoissimmoc ni!
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2007
Even though the commissioner was wrong, that still does not justify a police officer beaten a citizen. their are process that should be follow. This action by the police and the officer involve should be refereed to the provost mershall for discipline. A police officer should learn how to control their anger as long as their life is not in danger. the commissioner on the other hand should be compelled to resign for displaying such an illicit act.
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Truequest(m): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2007
If get to Amala joint tell them that whatever they sow they will reap, whether na good ooo! or bad ooo! whatever you sow you go reap. Commissioner said he has lived in London ooo! Brutality my foot, we are all commentators, what make you feel that an Adedibu/Akala man cannot box a policeman. Pls spare me the sermon. Good radiance ,
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Afam(m): 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
If you are bold enough to molest, insult or beat up anybody in uniform then you should be humble enough to receive the beating of your life. Police brutality ke? It should read commissioner brutality.
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Mamajama(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
True but that is where professionalism should be displayed. LOL
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
“How could I be treated this way for serving my people. I have lived in the UK for over 15 years. This has never happened. This country is a nightmare,” the commissioner added.

The above statement from the Commissioner caught my attention and reinforces the fact that most of those who pretend to be "serving my people" are merely serving their own personal interests! What has his living in the UK for almost 15 years got to do with the facts on ground?

In more developed countries the fact that a man of his stature has not spent the large part of his adult life in the country where he intends to run for elective office automatically disqualifies him from running for office. That is why in the US certain sensitive positions are reserved solely for citizens who were born in the US. It doesnt matter if you have been a naturalised citizen for 50yrs you can never be president of the US for example.

Now the commissioner reiterates his belief that "this country is a nightmare" . . . AND YET  the hypocrite is still in office pretending to be "serving my people"? If you do not believe in your country why then are you running for office if not for pecuniary gains?
One would expect that the commissioner would be quick to tender his resignation if indeed he holds such belief.
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by funloving(m): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
“How could I be treated this way for serving my people. I have lived in the UK for over 15 years. This has never happened. This country is a nightmare,” the commissioner added.

Welcome to Nigeria Mr Commissioner. Now you know what the average Nigerian goes through everyday, trying to survive the Nightmare that is this geographic entity.

If you are sincere begin to find ways to remove the nightmare, at least in the Ministry of Environment

I do not justify brutality of any sort neither do I rejoice at the beating of the Commissioner, but maybe it is time for those in positions of authority to start to feel the pains the average Nigerian feels daily. Maybe, just maybe they will try to fix the country.

Has anybody noticed that the police seems to have become bold in dealing with those in authority ?

Adedibu arraigned in court.

Now a Commissioner in "Adedibu-Akala Amala" governement assaulted and threated with court prosecution by the police.

Hmmm, what does this portend ? That even the police (and maybe Armed Forces) are getting tired of the excesses of these politicians and would no longer tolerate nonsense from them or allowed themselves, the police, to be used for evil by the rogue politicians

Could it be that Nigeria is actually, gradually moving forward finally.
The chickens are coming home to roost.
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by Mamajama(m): 3:49am On Nov 27, 2007
Nigeria seeks Britain's help to reform police
Mon 26 Nov 2007, 17:51 GMT

[-] Text [+] ABUJA, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Nigeria has asked Britain to help it reform and train its police force, which has drawn international criticism for corruption and brutality, the interior minister said on Monday.

Human rights groups and U.N. experts have accused Nigerian police of killing suspects without justification and torturing those in detention.

Nigeria is also plagued by frequent armed robberies, and motorists complain police roadblocks appear to be more effective at collecting bribes than fighting crime.

Interior Minister Godwin Abbe said Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua had asked British Prime Minister Gordon Brown for help at a Commonwealth summit in Uganda that ended on Sunday.

"The British government is ready to support

http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnL2698143.html
Re: Police Beat Up Oyo Commissioner by chidichris(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2007
each time i read afam's contribution on any nigerian issue, i just feel sweet. afam has really made my day.
in ibadan, it is obvious there is no law, it is adedibu and co or nobody. the police can go to hell.
it is the reign of tauts so a motor park conductor can be opportuned to be a commissioner so for the boldness of the police in this matter, i am happy.
at the moment, the commissioner has been settled with a jungle justice while we wait for the yar adua's rule of law which if well followed, the police man will be promoted for work well done.
mamajama, we are here to praise the police man while we wait for you, the london police and the police reform so the commissioner will have to wait till this intended reforms become a reality for him to be a saint again.
the let down on the nigeria police has come beyond reasoning.
the rate at which politicians use the nigerian police as erand boys in worth condeming.
it is obvious that most of our police men who have served the country for twenty years and above still carry bags of money for young politicians to their destinations and most times go home hungry.
please, for the officer or officers in-charge, i recommend them for promotions as long as this issue is concern and let the matter be closed.

(1) (Reply)

Is America And The World Safer To Live In Now? / Nepa Strikes In The US!!!!!! ! / 14 Years For Yaradua In Aso Rock; Worst Than Obj's 3rd Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.