Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

6-point Presidential Agenda As Nigerian President! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6-point Presidential Agenda As Nigerian President! (959 Views)

Apc Why? Revealed Apc Buhari 6 Point Agenda For Rivers Rerun / Northernisation Agenda? As NIMASA Sacks South East And South South Staff / Is Sanusi Lamido Really About Ethnic Agenda As Cbn Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6-point Presidential Agenda As Nigerian President! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 17, 2012
This has been on ma mind for some time now until I read a post here titled: If I was President, & the need to start this thread came alive in me. Now to the topic.
I want us to be serious, real, open, creative & elaborate with our manifesto; it might help to shape our nation cos it is still us that will soon or let me say one day occupy the national leadership positions, & who knows some present leaders might stumble upon this too & pick vital points.

Haven made things clear, I want you to state clearly in a clearly defined approach, your 6 point manifesto which would precipitate to your presidential agenda if you were to be the President of Nigeria.

To set the pace, mine goes like this:
1. No mercy on corruption becos corruption has been the bane of this great nation called Nigeria from the onset of independence in 1960 which led to the first coup de'tat. Looking at it, Nigeria has one of the best paper policies- viz. Green life, Operation feed the nation, ICPC, EFCC, War Against Indiscipline, NAPEP, WAP, Back to land, Local content act, PIB (yet to be passed into law), etc, & yet none have witnessed success, why? CORRUPTION! So to start with, I will review the activities of all past leaders (presidents, governors, ministers, speakers, senate presidents, chief judges, IGPs, perm. secs, directors of ministries, local govt. chairmen.) starting from 1980; their income, accounts, assets, etc & possibly pay them in their own coins, with a special focus on IBB & OBJ, coupled with so many other past & present governors.

2. Making electricity supply constant for a period of 6 months as a test version of how my power project plans would work for Nigeria, & so power stability will be my second priority after election. So to say, I will declare a state of emergency on electricity; no more importation of generators, independent power stations will be licensed to operate fully & to be regulated by a govt. body, maybe PHCN or another new body to be watched closely by me.
3. All multinational companies must contain at least 90% of Nigerians- they will only be permitted to bring in their nationals to occupy key-positions that require high-tech knowledge that Nigerians cannot provide at the moment, while the managerial positions must be filled with Nigerians & few of their nationals in a 90-10% quota.
4. Massive & Aggressive job creation will be amongst my top leadership priority & wil be handled directly by the presidential office cos poverty & unemployment are the greatest challenges to Nigeria's progress, security & stability. Therefore, new foreign investors wanting to invest or establish new companies in Nigeria will be taxed free for the first 10 years of their operation, with free land for siting their plants, & their power usage will be shared bw them & govt. @ a 80-20% quota. Then, retirement age will be strictly at 60yrs or 30yrs of service for middle/low paid workers & 50yrs or 15yrs of service for high paid workers of oil companies, top multinationals, conglomerate, etc. & minimum wage will be reviewd & more welfare packages will be given to teachers. Seconday/Tertiary education system will incorporate an intensive entrepreneurship program to equip students & NYSC will be more of entrepreneurship development than a one-year wasteful period of virtual national service.
5.Complete ban on study abroad on both govt. officials & ordinary citizens' children, siblings & relatives & intensive re-structuring of Nigeria's education system to make technology acquisition & advancement a top priority in Nigeria's education cos we need technology so urgently to break even from the western world & to stop being a third world country. Private universities must be curtailed & their fees/operations reviewed completely or shut down.
6. Restructuring Nigeria into 5 independent regions with prime-ministers governing the affairs of each region comprising of: south-south, south-east, north-central, north-east, south-west regions. And each region will control/manage their resources & return 30% to the central national government, except the oil rich regions that will return 40-45% of theirs to central govt. to be governed by the president.

If I succeed in passing no. 6 into law & it becomes functional, the central govt. will stop handling certain projects in Nigeria, & concentrate on few key things like: power, security, technology advancement, federal road constructions, international affairs, employment & fight against corruption. Other agendas will be inshrined into the above...now lets hear you guys plan for Nigeria. Cheers!

Note: Any public (government) office holder, be it president, vp, governor, senator, judge, teacher, doctor, engineer, minister, commissioner, director, perm sec. that steal less than 1million naira will be jailed for life, above 1million attracts a death sentence. All court cases involving corruption, robbery & stealing must not exceed 1 month for the judgment to be passed to ensure fast judgment. Whoever gives or take bribe, will be jailed for life if below 1million or hanged if above. This will come under my No. 1 agenda. while presidential office will be made uncomfortable- one official car, allowance equivalent to that of a secondary school principal, one aide, he caters for his feeding from his feeding allowance, & this applies to all government posts & office holders.

1 Like

Re: 6-point Presidential Agenda As Nigerian President! by warlei(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2012
Nice one,i support u but,immunity clause must be remoued form president,v.p and others
Re: 6-point Presidential Agenda As Nigerian President! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2012
warlei: Nice one,i support u but,immunity clause must be remoued form president,v.p and others

That one is certain, I dnt think there is a need to mention it during manifesto cos its already there....thanks man...but u didn't let us know urs...& others should also come forth.

(1) (Reply)

Freak Show In PDP / ACN Governorship Aspirants Returns To LP In Ondo / Don’t Celebrate 1914 Amalgamation of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.