Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435177 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Americanvisa: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2013
@vicjustice,please what will be your advice here,my wife want to pursue a 1.5 years course in Australia and she want to include me in the application,now for the first year will cost 37000AUD for both of us,but the money in my account is 35000AUD,so her place of work decided to act as the co sponsor like granting her some monthly stipend throughout her stay and promised to provide to us any document necessary,i know that using company statement of account is not usually good but please advice me.Thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Waleabimbola(m): 8:35am On Mar 26, 2013
koolmd:

Hello Vicjustice and others in the house...I applied for a TRV to canada for 8 day vacation but was refused today. The only reason ticked by the Visa officer is ..PURPOSE of my intended stay. I attached my intended itenerary and every other documentation. I think i have a good travel history as well as my last vacation in Nov. 2012 was spent in The Netherlands and France. What can i do now as i genuinely wanted to go on the vacation and am dissapointed that my visa application was refused.

Am sorry about your refusal bro, but pleased I want to know how longw it took them to finalize your application.
Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Am sorry about your refusal bro, but pleased I want to know how longw it took them to finalize your application.
Thanks

It took about 1 Month exactly.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 3:52am On Mar 27, 2013
Americanvisa: @vicjustice,please what will be your advice here,my wife want to pursue a 1.5 years course in Australia and she want to include me in the application,now for the first year will cost 37000AUD for both of us,but the money in my account is 35000AUD,so her place of work decided to act as the co sponsor like granting her some monthly stipend throughout her stay and promised to provide to us any document necessary,i know that using company statement of account is not usually good but please advice me.Thank you
You've just answered your own question, "using company's statement of account is usually not good".
Be advised that even if you have the complete money, the visa officer will not consider you (couple) as deserving to be issued the visa for fear of financial difficulties that may compel you to resort into a desperate battle for sustainability and survival once in the country
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:03am On Mar 27, 2013
Asorock 1: Hello Good morning everyone...I have been following this forum for quite sometime now, I must say u guys are doing a great job most special thanks to u Vicjustice , keep it up...please I need a reply on this;
I'm a young man of 31, married for 2 years now with a kid .. I work as a sales supervisor with a marketing company( distributor) to Nigeria brewery n Guinness ...monthly salary of N145k...I have been with this company for 6 years now, I intend traveling to US for tourism without my wife n kid...during my 2 weeks annual vacation, I have never travel to any country not even within Africa....my savings account balance is about N1.3m....I will be sending my application any moment from now n intend going by July first week and I will be sponsoring myself ....I will be going with this documents
-marriage cert.
-child's birth cert.
-my age declaration
-my bank statement( savings)
-hotel reservations(14 days) no relative there
But my major concern is that my company doesn't pay our salary directly to our account, is being paid at the company by the accountant even my allowances, so I have been depositing to the account as self.
Again do I need a tax clearance cert. and what other documents do I need.
please whats my chances of getting a US tourist visa.
It is not unusual for visa officer to see cases of cash-to-hand method of payment in Nigeria, this system is considered as corruption. Now, the big question is: do you get pay slips for those salaries/wages, if not, how are you going to prove to the visa officer that your income is as claimed, and how do you pay taxes off unverified incomes?
You can see that there is no paper work regarding your income, so, i like to discourage you from applying for the visa until you sort this out

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zill(f): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2013
Hi vicjustice. Pls i need your advise; I'm planning to apply for a visa by July and I also want to go to dubai. My question is, is it possible I include the dubai visa in the application as my next dubai trip will be my fourth. Then how much can be too much in my acc that will be considered as money lodgement? I have a little over 400k and can I tender 5 months statement of acc as my elder brother who is a citizen will still tender his. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:51am On Mar 30, 2013
zill: Hi vicjustice. Pls i need your advise; I'm planning to apply for a visa by July and I also want to go to dubai. My question is, is it possible I include the dubai visa in the application as my next dubai trip will be my fourth. Then how much can be too much in my acc that will be considered as money lodgement? I have a little over 400k and can I tender 5 months statement of acc as my elder brother who is a citizen will still tender his. Thanks
I don't even know the country that you're talking about
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by olumidazz: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hello dear fellows, there is this man who is demanding a ridiculously high amount of money from my wife and I even though we have a requirements to earn a uk visa, is this reasonable, the man claims to be an insider in the uk embassy and guarantees us 100 % ability to secure this visa. I have also spoken to 2 fellows who claimed to have secured visas through this man. My people anybody in the house with this kind of experience??
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
olumidazz: Hello dear fellows, there is this man who is demanding a ridiculously high amount of money from my wife and I even though we have a requirements to earn a uk visa, is this reasonable, the man claims to be an insider in the uk embassy and guarantees us 100 % ability to secure this visa. I have also spoken to 2 fellows who claimed to have secured visas through this man. My people anybody in the house with this kind of experience??

Yes the man is real, probably an ambassador, pay him any amount he requested from you, the visa could even come out within 24hrs.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zill(f): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
@vicjustice. Sorry its UK. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by olumidazz: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
@just wise thanks for your prompt response, the annoying thing is that my wife is hell bent on going ahead with this nonsense just because we have met 2 couples who claimed to have towed this part when we could easily do the application ourselves. Please sir advice on the step to take sir. Thanks justwise.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
olumidazz: @just wise thanks for your prompt response, the annoying thing is that my wife is hell bent on going ahead with this nonsense just because we have met 2 couples who claimed to have towed this part when we could easily do the application ourselves. Please sir advice on the step to take sir. Thanks justwise.

Everything you need is in this thread or this https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
zill: Hi vicjustice. Pls i need your advise; I'm planning to apply for a visa by July and I also want to go to dubai. My question is, is it possible I include the dubai visa in the application as my next dubai trip will be my fourth. Then how much can be too much in my acc that will be considered as money lodgement? I have a little over 400k and can I tender 5 months statement of acc as my elder brother who is a citizen will still tender his. Thanks
N400k is way too small, there's no need to talk about other issues
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zill(f): 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
@visjustice. Thanks so much but how much can I have to be able to apply for the visa.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2013
zill: @visjustice. Thanks so much but how much can I have to be able to apply for the visa.
It is explained in the original post
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zill(f): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks vicjustice. It seems you don't want to talk much.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
zill: Thanks vicjustice. It seems you don't want to talk much.
Not quite that, but it was actually explained in the original post, i don't think it makes much of a sense to specify how much one needs to have in an account hence i explained thus: " This is how it works; An acceptable bank statement must have up to six months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip: preferably, a Savings account, Salary account or Wages account..."
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zill(f): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Thanks so much. Just wanted to be on the right path. Will be applying by August and I should be able to have close to a million by then. Just wanted to avoid money lodgement wahala. Thanks once again
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by hopeINhell(f): 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hello All, would like to ask for those who have experience, are you allowed to sponsor more than 1 person on a short interval to come to UK? if so what is the limit and cut offs. I have just sponsored my partner, his application is pending in ukba and also want to sponsor my dad to get his 2 year visiting visa. My dad has come to visit me twice from 2009 and always goes back to Nigeria after a month. Do you suggest my dad waits for my partner visa to come out, bearing in mind it can take up to 3 months. Thanks for your response.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2013
vicjustice and justwise, pls advise,am applying for a u.k visa renewal,i hv kept 930k in my account for about 35 days.is this amount enough to apply?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
Vicjustice: I don't think your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application was refused because the visa officer thought you do not have a good travel history, but because the officer is not satisfied that your given purpose of visit holds enough water.
Perhaps you meet every other requirement, but if the purpose of your intended visit does not seem to be a valid reason to apply for the TRV, you may still be refused.
Knowing that applying for a visa is not just for anyone who will or anyone who desires but for those who have valid reasons to travel, i recommend that you make a good travel plan by studying the areas that you wish to give as places of your interest and make reasonable arrangements of how you intend to spend your time and the activities that you will be engaged in during your stay: if you can explain these to the visa officer, you would be approved.

I have done this and patiently waiting again for the outcome of the application.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naijababe2(f): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hello Vicjustice,pls a quick question here. U mentioned about having a strong tie connecting one back to Nigeria when applying for a UKvisa. In my case i jst graduated from university, so am no longer a student and am not working yet. I want to apply For a general visitor visa of which Мy uncle will be sponsoring my trip, do i still stand a better chance?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 5:55pm On May 08, 2013
Please house and @Justwise I need ur candid advise. I was refused a UK general visa in September 2012.
I was to attend a career advancement seminar (Project Mgt) in the Uk and I had 650k statement.

Their reason for refusal was that "You state dat u will fund ur trip and that u earn 200k monthly with annual salary 3.4m and have submitted ur salary/savings statements. The credits and balances in ur account are not consistency with ur declared monthly income. There are numerous credits in addition to ur stated income. U have failed to explain as to the source of these funds. Without satisfactory evidence I am not satisfied that d statement is a true reflection of d accounts activities or that d funds are genuinely available for ur use. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that u will be maintained accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public fund.

After 8 months I want to reapply but am scared of refusal again.
I avoided not having any other money except my 200k salary paid into my salary account and I have N1.37m in the account now. With my invite from d Uk institution, payslip employer's introduction letter, hotel booking etc.

Please how to I go about this application in other not to be refused and should have filled a business visa instead of a general visa? And should I book a flight this time?
Note my 3 months salary for Nov,Dec,Jan were paid in Feb as arrears but since Feb till date it has been constant will this affect my application?
Thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On May 08, 2013
chomiq3: Please house and @Justwise I need ur candid advise. I was refused a UK general visa in September 2012.
I was to attend a career advancement seminar (Project Mgt) in the Uk and I had 650k statement.

Their reason for refusal was that "You state dat u will fund ur trip and that u earn 200k monthly with annual salary 3.4m and have submitted ur salary/savings statements. The credits and balances in ur account are not consistency with ur declared monthly income. There are numerous credits in addition to ur stated income. U have failed to explain as to the source of these funds. Without satisfactory evidence I am not satisfied that d statement is a true reflection of d accounts activities or that d funds are genuinely available for ur use. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that u will be maintained accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public fund.

After 8 months I want to reapply but am scared of refusal again.
I avoided not having any other money except my 200k salary paid into my salary account and I have N1.37m in the account now. With my invite from d Uk institution, payslip employer's introduction letter, hotel booking etc.

Please how to I go about this application in other not to be refused and should have filled a business visa instead of a general visa? And should I book a flight this time?
Note my 3 months salary for Nov,Dec,Jan were paid in Feb as arrears but since Feb till date it has been constant will this affect my application?
Thanks.
How long is the seminar taking place?
Why have you chosen to attend this particular seminar in the UK?
How is the seminar going to be of benefit to your "career"?
How much do you intend to spend for the trip?
Why would you be spending your life savings just to attend a seminar?
How much money would be left for you to live on after your return?
Have you ever traveled abroad before?
What would you be returning to Nigeria for?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 1:46pm On May 09, 2013
Thanks for ur quick response. The seminar is 2 days and I will be spending about 6 nights in the Uk.
I chose to attend d seminar cos I work as a Project Administrator for my company. And I have done A British Project Mgt course/Training here in Nigeria with their certificate and membership card sent to me from their UK oddice in 2011 which I included in my first visa application. Am working on getting d international PM certification which the seminar provides and this will make me a Project Manager with higher pay.

However I intend to spend £1,600 pounds for my trip and I have about 1,370m about £5,500 pounds in my salary account. Well I haven't travelled out before, are you saying I should first travel before I reapply and to which country? And is the money in my account not enough to reapply? should I get a sponsor or have my friend in the UK invite me or should I tell them my circumstances has changed the have my friend invite me and still attend the seminar because is of importance to my career. Please which option would best to reapply.
Thank you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
@justwise still waiting for ur response cos I want to reapply now.
Thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:17pm On May 10, 2013
chomiq3: Thanks for ur quick response. The seminar is 2 days and I will be spending about 6 nights in the Uk.
I chose to attend d seminar cos I work as a Project Administrator for my company. And I have done A British Project Mgt course/Training here in Nigeria with their certificate and membership card sent to me from their UK oddice in 2011 which I included in my first visa application. Am working on getting d international PM certification which the seminar provides and this will make me a Project Manager with higher pay.

However I intend to spend £1,600 pounds for my trip and I have about 1,370m about £5,500 pounds in my salary account. Well I haven't travelled out before, are you saying I should first travel before I reapply and to which country? And is the money in my account not enough to reapply? should I get a sponsor or have my friend in the UK invite me or should I tell them my circumstances has changed the have my friend invite me and still attend the seminar because is of importance to my career. Please which option would best to reapply.
Thank you.
Except you are a Nigerian elite, or you are an eminent personel in Nigerian, i don't see how a visa officer would want to approve a visa for you to attend a trivial conference or seminar that would be held for only two days; from the perspective of a visa officer, it all seems an excuse to enter into the UK: you don't seem to have a credible reason to visit the UK, i may be wrong though.
I'd recommend that you look for other reasons to visit the UK, perhaps tourist visa would be better, you can include the seminar as one of the purposes, but to use such trivial matter as the main reason for wanting to visit the UK is suspicious
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 2:11pm On May 10, 2013
Wow but this same UKBA has granted lots of applicants from Nigerian attending the same seminar am about to attend with just 800k in their accounts. Infact most of them are first timers and some have gotten 2 years after their 6 months visa expired. Please don't rule out that its not possible cos I've seen it happened. Is a monthly seminar that most of our members attend.
Is just that the person that packaged my first application did not do it well. That's why am seeking for advise here.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:23pm On May 10, 2013
chomiq3: Wow but this same UKBA has granted lots of applicants from Nigerian attending the same seminar am about to attend with just 800k in their accounts. Infact most of them are first timers and some have gotten 2 years after their 6 months visa expired. Please don't rule out that its not possible cos I've seen it happened. Is a monthly seminar that most of our members attend.
Is just that the person that packaged my first application did not do it well. That's why am seeking for advise here.
Like I said, it is very possible for the elites or the eminent personnels to get visas with such applications, so, perhaps those that you referred to are considered as such: most people can not get a visa in similar circumstances.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adelegan1: 3:12pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 3:49pm On May 10, 2013
adelegan1: will my waec certificate be verify if applying for US spousal visa. The year of my date of birth is wrong on my waec certificate but the day and month is correct. My friend told me they will ask for my waec at point in time.please house i need your response as soon as possible
I can only tell you one thing: do not use any fake document, you would be banned for life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.