Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435159 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hi guys I need your advise. Am devastated, I was refused a Uk visiting visa for the second time today. To attend a career conference, cos I also wanted to use the opportunity to reunite with my fiance whom I saw last in 2005 as coppers. And we have fixed a church wedding in Oct and come back to Nigeria for the court marriage. There after I'l stay back to apply for a settlement visa. Please what do I do now if he invites me since I stated I know him in UK will it affect me? Or if he comes down to Nigeria will they issue me a spouse/settlement visa?
I had 1.4m in the account.

Here is the Refusal letter

In other to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant u entry clearance in this category. I have taken into account your stated circumstance in nigeria, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements. You stated dat u earn 200k per month as a Project Administrator and that that this trip will cost you £1600. This expenditure is high, when considering ur economic circumstances in Nigeria, given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have made presented to support your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstances in nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the uk are such you have shown that your intentions are as stated or dat u intend to leave the uk at d end of ur proposed visit. I am therefore not satisfied that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 41 of immigration rules.

I have therefore refused your applicatioon because I am not satisfied. On the balances of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of uk immigration rules.
Thank you All.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hi Everyone, please I need your advise. Am devastated, I was refused a Uk visiting visa for the second time today. To attend a career conference, cos I also wanted to use the opportunity to reunite with my fiance whom I saw last in 2005 as coppers. And we have fixed a church wedding in Oct and come back to Nigeria for the court marriage. There after I'l stay back to apply for a settlement visa. Please what do I do now if he invites me since I stated I know him in UK will it affect me? Or if he comes down to Nigeria will they issue me a spouse/settlement visa? I had 1.4m in the statement with 200k monthly salary.

In other to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant u entry clearance in this category. I have taken into account your stated circumstance in nigeria, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements. You stated dat u earn 200k per month as a Project Administrator and that that this trip will cost you £1600. This expenditure is high, when considering ur economic circumstances in Nigeria, given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have made presented to support your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstances in nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the uk are such you have shown that your intentions are as stated or dat u intend to leave the uk at d end of ur proposed visit. I am therefore not satisfied that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 41 of immigration rules.

I have therefore refused your applicatioon because I am not satisfied. On the balances of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of uk immigration rules.
Thank you All.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2013
chomiq3: Hi Everyone, please I need your advise. Am devastated, I was refused a Uk visiting visa for the second time today. To attend a career conference, cos I also wanted to use the opportunity to reunite with my fiance whom I saw last in 2005 as coppers. And we have fixed a church wedding in Oct and come back to Nigeria for the court marriage. There after I'l stay back to apply for a settlement visa. Please what do I do now if he invites me since I stated I know him in UK will it affect me? Or if he comes down to Nigeria will they issue me a spouse/settlement visa? I had 1.4m in the statement with 200k monthly salary.

Thank you All.
Are you sponsoring the conference or the company you work for?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
chomiq3: Hi guys I need your advise. Am devastated, I was refused a Uk visiting visa for the second time today. To attend a career conference, cos I also wanted to use the opportunity to reunite with my fiance whom I saw last in 2005 as coppers. And we have fixed a church wedding in Oct and come back to Nigeria for the court marriage. There after I'l stay back to apply for a settlement visa. Please what do I do now if he invites me since I stated I know him in UK will it affect me? Or if he comes down to Nigeria will they issue me a spouse/settlement visa?
I had 1.4m in the account.

Thank you All.
I'm not sure that the ECO was reasonable in judging that a person who earns N200K in Nigeria does not have a satisfying financial circumstance unless of course your bank statement is questionable. But however, the Visa Officer was right in denying you the visa for reason of the threat that you pose to the UK immigration as you stated in the highlighted text above.

Finally, I hope you have not made a mistake of involving your "fiance" in your application otherwise, how can you justify the lengthy period of your lack of (physical) contact with a person that you claim to be your fiance, or you think 8 years is a joke?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'm not sure that the ECO was reasonable in judging that a person who earns N200K in Nigeria does not have a satisfying financial circumstance unless of course your bank statement is questionable. But however, the Visa Officer was right in denying you the visa for reason of the threat that you pose to the UK immigration as you stated in the bolded part

Then again if she works for a company it sounds questionable that she is funding the conference rather than the company.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
justwise:

Then again if she works for a company it sounds questionable that she is funding the conference rather than the company.
Exactly, i didn't even pay attention to that aspect, the application is badly packaged, it could have been done better.

Dear chomiq3
Forget about going to see your fiance or attending a company conference, just study some areas of Interest in the UK, book a hotel in a reasonable location and apply for a tourist visa. You would be better off this way
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by superior1: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice: Exactly, i didn't even pay attention to that aspect, the application is badly packaged, it could have been done better.

Dear chomiq3
Forget about going to see your fiance or attending a company conference, just study some areas of Interest in the UK, book a hotel in a reasonable location and apply for a tourist visa. You would be better off this way

I think atimes folks complicates things.With a monthly salary of 200k (If its for real), why not just make an hotel reservation for 10 days, get a letter of annual leave from the company and with a good account balance apply as a tourist. It is understandable if a single lady earning that much wants to go for a little sightseeing but when folks start 'Nigbati Nigbati' kind of application, it rather makes things difficult. If you are not working in a multi-national or a blue chip company, selling conference as reasons for travel may be difficult (IMO). Make it simple, genuine and concrete (i didnt say complicated) and you will stand a good chance.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dizzyk: 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good day guys, have read a lot about your advises and think it' Ok for me to seek for one.
I applied for UK visa in August 2003, I was refused on ground that the training date I was going for was already past, cant remember other reasons.
My concern now is this, I have since not applied for UK visa because I knew the wedding certificate presented then was FAKE (I quoted the date of my traditional introduction which was in May), though I got legally married same year in November.
In the last five years, I have been to few countries (China,US, South Africa, Germany,Spain,France, Netherland all these severally except US which was once), economically too I have had tremendous leap, run my own business on 300K a month.
I have factory producing water (table),have a property worth 15million, another under construction, have another business doing a turn over of average of 30million per anumn.
Am married with kids and we have done family trips to SA & Paris and other cities of Schenghen.
My question is this: Will they not visit my sin of fake document of 2003 on me, as honestly speaking the only country of repute in Europe I have not visited is UK and I want to go....candid advise needed.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
dizzyk: Good day guys, have read a lot about your advises and think it' Ok for me to seek for one.
I applied for UK visa in August 2003, I was refused on ground that the training date I was going for was already past, cant remember other reasons.
My concern now is this, I have since not applied for UK visa because I knew the wedding certificate presented then was FAKE (I quoted the date of my traditional introduction which was in May), though I got legally married same year in November.
In the last five years, I have been to few countries (China,US, South Africa, Germany,Spain,France, Netherland all these severally except US which was once), economically too I have had tremendous leap, run my own business on 300K a month.
I have factory producing water (table),have a property worth 15million, another under construction, have another business doing a turn over of average of 30million per anumn.
Am married with kids and we have done family trips to SA & Paris and other cities of Schenghen.
My question is this: Will they not visit my sin of fake document of 2003 on me, as honestly speaking the only country of repute in Europe I have not visited is UK and I want to go....candid advise needed.
The ban system was not in effect by then, but however, (as long as the offence is earlier than 10 years), it will still take effect from the day that you apply for a visa.
It is a good thing that you have come to seek advice here, by that, you have saved yourself a huge trouble (had you applied for a visa before the 10 years elapse).
My advice, just wait for ten 10 years to elapse and then you can do the application.
Be honest enough to admit your past errors and blame it on naivity, you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dizzyk: 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
The ban system was not in effect by then, but however, (as long as the offence is earlier than 10 years), it will still take effect from the day that you apply for a visa.
It is a good thing that you have come to seek advice here, by that, you have saved yourself a huge trouble (had you applied for a visa before the 10 years elapse.
My advice, just wait for ten 10 years to elapse and then you can do the application.
Be honest enough to admit your past errors and blame it on naivity, you should be fine.

Thanks my brother, my 2003 Application was submitted in August, that means by this August it will be 10 years, how soon can I apply, moreover do I need to make reference to that fake marriage certificate, or I should just keep silence on it if I have to apply....thanks ahead of your response
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
dizzyk:

Thanks my brother, my 2003 Application was submitted in August, that means by this August it will be 10 years, how soon can I apply, moreover do I need to make reference to that fake marriage certificate, or I should just keep silence on it if I have to apply....thanks ahead of your response
You can apply at any time provided the 10 years has expired.
By default, you will have to state your travel history as well as your visa application record, so there should be something to say about the reason previous visa was refused, you don't want to look for more troubles by withholding such information
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dizzyk: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice: You can apply at any time provided the 10 years has expired.
By default, you will have to state your travel history as well as your visa application record, so there should be something to say about the reason previous visa was refused, you don't want to look for more troubles by withholding such information
Ok, thanks brother,I really appreciate your responses and learning, honestly cant remember if they suspected it was fake, the only reason for my fear is that am now supposed to present my real wedding certificate which is totally different from the fake I used in the past, just wondering how I explain out the two even though was not asked.
Thanks again...
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
dizzyk:
Ok, thanks brother,I really appreciate your responses and learning, honestly cant remember if they suspected it was fake, the only reason for my fear is that am now supposed to present my real wedding certificate which is totally different from the fake I used in the past, just wondering how I explain out the two even though was not asked.
Thanks again...
I got it.
Well, it is still the best thing to do: you need to come clean even if they didn't find out because your real marriage certificate will be a dead giveaway to your your past fraud.
There will be no valid punishment for confessing that fraud after 10 years, but you risk getting a fresh 10 years ban if you try to hide it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank you all for your re$pon$e I appreciate.

Well project management i$ a $elf acquired $kill that promote$ $taff to a project manager $o the company can't $ponor you except they wi$h and people have been going to UK and coming on thi$.

Now $omeone a$ked if I didn't involve my fiance? I only told them in my application that I know him in uk but won't vi$it him. Thi$ wa$ to avoid any implication in the future, when we apply for $pou$e/settlement vi$a.

But I want to a$k if my fiance invite$ me in $eptember will they deny me co$ I earlier $tated I wa$ going for a conference? $econdly we are looking at my fiance coming to Nigeria for a court/traditional marriage can they till grant me $pou$e vi$a having $tated I wa$ going for a conference?
Pl$ your candid advice.
Thank you all.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dizzyk: 9:51am On Jun 26, 2013
Vicjustice: I got it.
Well, it is still the best thing to do: you need to come clean even if they didn't find out because your real marriage certificate will be a dead giveaway to your your past fraud.
There will be no valid punishment for confessing that fraud after 10 years, but you risk getting a fresh 10 years ban if you try to hide it

God Bless you sir, well I pray I have it by the time I will apply, but more importantly confessing it is a way of restitution for that desperation, hope to feed you back on result when I apply...Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 8:23am On Jun 29, 2013
@ Vicjustice I have been given an appointment at dannish consulate for interview on first week of july (for masters studies) and i have got all my documents prepared (certified birth certificate,certified degree results, confirmation of payment of 1st semester tuition fee,confirmation of students resident payment etc), but the problem i'm facing is sponsorship. The dannish immigration's website keep saying repeatedly that the statement of account to be presented to the consulate during interview MUST be that of the applicant or immediate family memeber like parents or siblings or a guradian for Minors and not for persons above 18. Now I am being sponsord and in my mid-twenties and unfortunately my sponsor's surname and mine are not the same, despite he is my blood elder brother. And if we try to deposit a reasonable amount of money in my account a week to my interview date, it will be seen as money lodgement-which is very bad. so against all odds, I am planning to present a sponsorship statement of account from my brother who has a different surname with mine. pls dear, advice me on the best possible way to tackle this stumbling block of sponsorship and difference in surname. would it really affect my application considering the fact that i've already paid tuition fee and housing fee? waiting to hear from you soonest. thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by elvis4(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
hello everyone i am new here i submited my spouse visa in ghana 3 months ago and i ev just been called and they ask for aditional documents ,does that means i have a chance? please tell me something
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by socialistic: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
@vicjustice,in 2010,i traveled and during that time i did a mini marriage ceremony to keep my fiance faith that i will be back to complete the remaining marriage ceremony and we went to the local govt to obtain marriage certificate,till then,i have not been to Nigeria and now i have make my choice to move to another country through study,either Canada,Ireland of Australia,do you think that i will mention that i am married and submit the marriage certificate for visa application but i dont have any photo that shows my marriage ceremony because am yet to do the remaining things on the head of the lady which i am planning to do this coming December as soon as i get to Nigeria.Thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
morizboe: @ Vicjustice I have been given an appointment at dannish consulate for interview on first week of july (for masters studies) and i have got all my documents prepared (certified birth certificate,certified degree results, confirmation of payment of 1st semester tuition fee,confirmation of students resident payment etc), but the problem i'm facing is sponsorship. The dannish immigration's website keep saying repeatedly that the statement of account to be presented to the consulate during interview MUST be that of the applicant or immediate family memeber like parents or siblings or a guradian for Minors and not for persons above 18. Now I am being sponsord and in my mid-twenties and unfortunately my sponsor's surname and mine are not the same, despite he is my blood elder brother. And if we try to deposit a reasonable amount of money in my account a week to my interview date, it will be seen as money lodgement-which is very bad. so against all odds, I am planning to present a sponsorship statement of account from my brother who has a different surname with mine. pls dear, advice me on the best possible way to tackle this stumbling block of sponsorship and difference in surname. would it really affect my application considering the fact that i've already paid tuition fee and housing fee? waiting to hear from you soonest. thanks
I'm just trying to work out how a (male) person who you said is your brother could have a different surname from yours, it would be understandable if we're talking about a female whose surname is susceptible to change on marital ground.
Well, however this may have happened and for whatever reason, it will onlyy be reasonable if there exist a document that declares the event, and in the absence of such, I don't see how you can prove him as a brother
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by socialistic: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
vicjustice,you didn't attend to my question
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'm just trying to work out how a (male) person who you said is your brother could have a different surname from yours, it would be understandable if we're talking about a female whose surname is susceptible to change on marital ground.
Well, however this may have happened and for whatever reason, it will onlyy be reasonable if there exist a document that declares the event, and in the absence of such, I don't see how you can prove him as a brother

@Vicjustice.. the surname change started from my childhood when my guardian that I lived with started shortening my 'long surname' when she wants to write my name for me on the text books(Mc Millian etc) and exercise books she bought for me. Even my 'first school leaving cert' carries the shortened surname and from there to secondary school(my WAEC has it), until university. I felt relaxed as I couldn't see it a serious issue in the near future.see the picture - my surname is Ezeibeanozie and I started shortening it to Ezeibe, while my other siblings answer it in full and one of my siblings too has his surname as only Anozie. it's just out of ignorant of future identity issues!! Dear Vicjustice I am as confused as ever at this juncture as to how to convince the VO that he is my brother or is there any other means I can use to give an acceptable statement of account. If I tell the VO that he is my uncle, would that save me? And would a letter of sponsorship from him solve the problem? He owns a production firm and can afford any level of sponsorship, but the problem is the legitimacy of my family tie with him. wouldn't embassy accept sponsorship from anybody provided he has the required amount stocked in the account and can document that the money are at my disposal to use at any time? Dear Vic, if there is any other way out, please advice me cos i am running out ideas to solve this problem. thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
There are identity problems with Nigerians in every level (from the mountain top to the valley floor, from the grass root to the tree top) as the vast majority of her citizens find themselves involved in identity crises in one form or the other: Politicians too are not spared
It is remarkable that (except for the people that you know very well,) you can not acertain a person's age to be what s/he claims: even the ages of the leaders (or should i say rulers) can not be acertained: it had since been an issue with Nigerians to adjust and amend their dates of birth to sooth their endevours or purposes being it in Politics, in Jobs-Careers, in Sports, in Travel-Documents, in Businesses, in Educations and even in Romance-Relationships.

Name adjustment or abbreviation is another issue of identity crises that is comon with Nigerians, everyone knows someone who (officially) bears adjusted or abbreviated names: for example; Chidiebere or Chukwudi adjusted or abbreviated to Chidi or Chucks respectively; also, names like Temitope or Babatunde are shortened to Tope or Tunde respectively: Even a known male with the name Emmanuel is unreasonably shortened to Emma which eventually is a known name for female thus making it ridiculous in the eyes of westerners to see a name like Mr. Emma Tunde.
Many Nigerians do not feel comfortable to say their ages even when celebrating a birthday. But why? there are some reasons for that.
either because the celebrant does not feel comfortable to tell his/her real age to others who (probably) conceal their true ages or; the celebrant fears an omen celebrating a fake age and therefore, prefers the celebrated age to be a secret or; the celebrant is concerned of mockery by those who consider him/her younger or older than the claimed age etc.
Gone are the days when anyone could apply for many Passports (travel documents) with any suitably preferred age, now-a-days, age crises is a massive problem with many people's academical documents when integrated with their travel documents.

It is almost a Nigerian instinct that (by nature) people tend to conceal their identities without a reasonable purpose; many people would not want to say their real names to strangers especially for superstitious reasons: It is logical to expect a criminal to want to hide his identity, but decent Nigerians also find themselves preferring to conceal their identities for no reasonable reason; even those who live decent lives and are genuine in their activities.
I think these are political issues and should be addressed politically: there is need for the government or NGOs to create more awareness in the societies to warn people of the danger of age cheat and the life-long problem that a person with inconsistence age can face, and also the consequences of recklessly using adjusted names on documents or credentials (except the user wants to permanently use the adjusted names).

You might want to take a look at people's profile here (on Nairaland) and see how the vast majority of us prefer to undisclose our photos and ages etc
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
morizboe:

@Vicjustice.. the surname change started from my childhood when my guardian that I lived with started shortening my 'long surname' when she wants to write my name for me on the text books(Mc Millian etc) and exercise books she bought for me. Even my 'first school leaving cert' carries the shortened surname and from there to secondary school(my WAEC has it), until university. I felt relaxed as I couldn't see it a serious issue in the near future.see the picture - my surname is Ezeibeanozie and I started shortening it to Ezeibe, while my other siblings answer it in full and one of my siblings too has his surname as only Anozie. it's just out of ignorant of future identity issues!! Dear Vicjustice I am as confused as ever at this juncture as to how to convince the VO that he is my brother or is there any other means I can use to give an acceptable statement of account. If I tell the VO that he is my uncle, would that save me? And would a letter of sponsorship from him solve the problem? He owns a production firm and can afford any level of sponsorship, but the problem is the legitimacy of my family tie with him. wouldn't embassy accept sponsorship from anybody provided he has the required amount stocked in the account and can document that the money are at my disposal to use at any time? Dear Vic, if there is any other way out, please advice me cos i am running out ideas to solve this problem. thanks
Why not ask your brother to undertake an affidavit with the declaration that you have narrated here?The name adjustments are very understandable in the eyes of a Nigerian as such is a common practice: trust me, you will not be the first person to present such a complication to a visa officer, these officers are familiar with this kind of situation and would consider affidavit as a valid explanation it seems understandable that the compound surname has evolved through modifications and adjustment

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by socialistic: 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
@vicjustice,in 2010,i traveled and during that time i did a mini marriage ceremony to keep my fiance faith that i will be back to complete the remaining marriage ceremony and we went to the local govt to obtain marriage certificate,till then,i have not been to Nigeria and now i have make my choice to move to another country through study,either Canada,Ireland of Australia,do you think that i will mention that i am married and submit the marriage certificate for visa application but i dont have any photo that shows my marriage ceremony because am yet to do the remaining things on the head of the lady which i am planning to do this coming December as soon as i get to Nigeria.Thank you[/quote]
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
socialistic: @vicjustice,in 2010,i traveled and during that time i did a mini marriage ceremony to keep my fiance faith that i will be back to complete the remaining marriage ceremony and we went to the local govt to obtain marriage certificate,till then,i have not been to Nigeria and now i have make my choice to move to another country through study,either Canada,Ireland of Australia,do you think that i will mention that i am married and submit the marriage certificate for visa application but i dont have any photo that shows my marriage ceremony because am yet to do the remaining things on the head of the lady which i am planning to do this coming December as soon as i get to Nigeria.Thank you
Being Married or Single has got no advantage or disadvantage in this kind of application, but for the sake of your future (if you really see this woman as your life partner with the hope of future migration), then it is wise to state you true marital status otherwise, you may ruin your international future together

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
Why not ask your brother to undertake an affidavit with the declaration that you have narrated here?The name adjustments are very understandable in the eyes of a Nigerian as such is a common practice: trust me, you will not be the first person to present such a complication to a visa officer, these officers are familiar with this kind of situation and would consider affidavit as a valid explanation that especially as it is understandable that the compound surname has evolved through modifications and adjustment

Thank you Vic, I am really getting some wonderful insights. As you asserted, this name wahala is found in almost every family. The affidavit would be good, i think we'll go by it. let me discuss with my brother. But i hope embassy would recognize it and wouldn't look at it as a sharp move to meet ends owing to the notion that fraud abounds large in the land of nigeria. But if we could pose that he is my uncle, what are the chances of a good result? less I forget, when I visited the dannish consulate at Asokolo Abj, to gather some information, though I was not allowed to enter but can only make inquiries through a half-way opened window of the reception, I was told by one of the uniformed receptionists that the dannish embassy doesn't want to hear about sponsorship, but are interested in the money in the applicant's account, that any statement of account I will be presenting must bear my name and my so sponsor can deposit the intended money to my account which is not meant to be touched during the length of processing of my visa. He buttressed his fact by concluding that this information he is giving is classified and that he is not suppose to be telling me this but because of how keen I've shown to be about it, that every information I needed has been supplied in the website. I was so dumbfounded to hear that considering the fact about money lodgement and the consequences. But I didn't believe him. I thought maybe he is newly employed and has not known the system very well. And in their website, they keep saying "your statement 0f account" or "the statement of account in your name". they've never referred to a sponsor so far in where statement of account issue is discussed in their website. and they would always say that
"you" have to document that "you" have equivalent of eighty something thousand per month during the total duration of your stay... could what he said about applicant's own account be truth or should I dismiss that and continue with my sponsorship pursuit? dear Vic, I'll be happy to hear your words on this. have you encountered such a situation before? or do you know if some embassies operate in that manner?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by socialistic: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
Being Married or Single has got no advantage or disadvantage in this kind of application, but for the sake of your future (if you really see this woman as your life partner with the hope of future migration), then it is wise to state you true marital status otherwise, you may ruin your international future together

To be honest,she is my wife and we did just little thing to make her wait for me,and we later proceed to document it at the local govt marriage registry and if i didnt put her now as my wife,it may not be easy to bring her later that is why i am seeking for advice
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
morizboe:

Thank you Vic, I am really getting some wonderful insights. As you asserted, this name wahala is found in almost every family. The affidavit would be good, i think we'll go by it. let me discuss with my brother. But i hope embassy would recognize it and wouldn't look at it as a sharp move to meet ends owing to the notion that fraud abounds large in the land of nigeria. But if we could pose that he is my uncle, what are the chances of a good result? less I forget, when I visited the dannish consulate at Asokolo Abj, to gather some information, though I was not allowed to enter but can only make inquiries through a half-way opened window of the reception, I was told by one of the uniformed receptionists that the dannish embassy doesn't want to hear about sponsorship, but are interested in the money in the applicant's account, that any statement of account I will be presenting must bear my name and my so sponsor can deposit the intended money to my account which is not meant to be touched during the length of processing of my visa. He buttressed his fact by concluding that this information he is giving is classified and that he is not suppose to be telling me this but because of how keen I've shown to be about it, that every information I needed has been supplied in the website. I was so dumbfounded to hear that considering the fact about money lodgement and the consequences. But I didn't believe him. I thought maybe he is newly employed and has not known the system very well. And in their website, they keep saying "your statement 0f account" or "the statement of account in your name". they've never referred to a sponsor so far in where statement of account issue is discussed in their website. and they would always say that
"you" have to document that "you" have equivalent of eighty something thousand per month during the total duration of your stay... could what he said about applicant's own account be truth or should I dismiss that and continue with my sponsorship pursuit? dear Vic, I'll be happy to hear your words on this. have you encountered such a situation before? or do you know if some embassies operate in that manner?
To be honest, you don't have the best of chance if the person that you claim would be sponsoring you is your "uncle" with a different surname
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 7:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Vicjustice:
To be honest, you don't have the best of chance if the person that you claim would be sponsoring you is your "uncle"

This sort of story sounds weird and never easy to believe anyway, but my story is nothing but the truth. but Vic, have you seen that situation whereby the embassy is not interested in the source or how the money was deposited as to consider lodgement, but only wants to see a certain amount in the very applicant's account? could what the receptionist said be truth? dear Vic, I am counting on your vast knowledge and experience to help me get through this hurdle . I will be so happy to hear your words again. God bless you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
morizboe:

This sort of story sounds weird and never easy to believe anyway, but my story is nothing but the truth. but Vic, have you seen that situation whereby the embassy is not interested in the source or how the money was deposited as to consider lodgement, but only wants to see a certain amount in the very applicant's account? could what the receptionist said be truth? dear Vic, I am counting on your vast knowledge and experience to help me get through this hurdle . I will be so happy to hear your words again. God bless you
Are you trying to encourage yourself by creating an imaginary circumstance that never is? If it is true, that "the embassy is not interested in the source or how the money was deposited as to consider lodgement", why do they want to see bank statements with six months transaction history?
(edited) i was actually having VISIT VISA in my mind when i wrote this
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by socialistic: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2013
@vicjust,so is better i include the marriage cert.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2013
Vicjustice: Are you trying to encourage yourself by creating an imaginary circumstance that never is? If it is true, that "the embassy is not interested in the source or how the money was deposited as to consider lodgement", why do they want to see bank statements with six months transaction history?

well I'm making this enquiry based on what the receptionist said that "statement of account must be in my name and not sponsors and the embassy doesn't care about how it was deposited on the condition that the money would not be touched throughout the duration of the visa processing". Me self was surprised to hear him say it and then I extended it here for inquiries to see if anyone has encountered such policy with any embassy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.