Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435121 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
def111:

Find away to get bank statements and do you have travel history on your passport ?. You are more than 18 years old. I understand, but embassy no understand that one.

My bank statement is not stable i don't receive money on a monthly basis (although the cash flow within the last 6 months is up 2 500k) and secondly my passport carries 3 names but my bank carries only 2
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by PefHouse: 1:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Hi Guys,

How do I get the reason for Visa refusal for Canada over 7yrs ago. I can't remember. Can the stamp on my passport tell me?

Regards
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
I would like to apply for a UK Visa December. My monthly salary from my main job after tax, pension is about N160K. Presently I have a balance of over N3 Million in my account. Although I do some one- off business by the side. The issue is that in September I received N1 Million commission fee (side business) from a company. This would definitely reflect on my six month bank statement I intend to submit with my application. How do I explain this huge deposit to avoid any suspicion of money lodgement?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Zimzee: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello house, I have not applied for a visa inorder words no travel history, the same is applicable to my family members. But now we want to apply for b1/b2 visa and we don't want to be denied. below is our status please help rate us.
I have four kids with my husband making 6 of us. My husband has his own registered company producing their own branded engine oil. And his bank statement is OK. Me on the other hand, I am a fashion designer with my own label. We do ready to wear, made to measure and bespoke. And my monthly turnover is about 800k. We have landed properties in our names. I want to go on a vacation my family. Pls ur advice.
Remember no travel history
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Zimzee:
Hello house, I have not applied for a visa inorder words no travel history, the same is applicable to my family members. But now we want to apply for b1/b2 visa and we don't want to be denied. below is our status please help rate us.
I have four kids with my husband making 6 of us. My husband has his own registered company producing their own branded engine oil. And his bank statement is OK. Me on the other hand, I am a fashion designer with my own label. We do ready to wear, made to measure and bespoke. And my monthly turnover is about 800k. We have landed properties in our names. I want to go on a vacation my family. Pls ur advice.
Remember no travel history

Madam you are good to go with the visa... Bank statement is not needed in no document is needed. Apply with the full family is good, don't use a traveling agent. Apply by yourself and fill your form yourself, write as much as you can I explaining your income that is important and on the interview day. Give good reason why you are going to USA and where you would be visit...

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Olabestonic001(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
Good day great people.
Thanks for the info here; they are really really helpful.
I am planning to apply for Student Visa for USA and planning on using my wife as the sponsor. She is planning to move on opening a Mutual Fund account with another Bank this December and I am planning to apply by June/July.

Please, my questions are:

(a) Can I use my wife as my sponsor?
(b) Will they probe when she just open such an account? (like, will they raise an eye why it is December and I am using it by June?)
(c) Since its a Mutual Fund Account, will they query why activities is not ongoing?

Thanks, gurus in the house.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Olabestonic001:
Good day great people.
Thanks for the info here; they are really really helpful.
I am planning to apply for Student Visa for USA and planning on using my wife as the sponsor. She is planning to move on opening a Mutual Fund account with another Bank this December and I am planning to apply by June/July.

Please, my questions are:

(a) Can I use my wife as my sponsor?
(b) Will they probe when she just open such an account? (like, will they raise an eye why it is December and I am using it by June?)
(c) Since its a Mutual Fund Account, will they query why activities is not ongoing?

Thanks, gurus in the house.

Look for student visa thread. Somebody will answer you... But wait how can a grow up man be using his wife as a sponsor in student visa. That is a no...

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
def111:

Look for student visa thread. Somebody will answer you... But wait how can a grow up man be using his wife as a sponsor in student visa. That is a no...
why is it a no?? Don't say what u don't know....she can sponsor him and all their kids if she meets d requirements.

My wife sponsored me... anybody can sponsor anybody as long as they're couple.

5 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Olabestonic001(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
def111:

Why is it a no?
Isn't spouse's sponsorship allowed or is it genderized?

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by linaluv: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
guys please advise me on what to do on this issue.
the Date of birth on one of my WAEC certificate may/june 2010 is different from what i have on my international passport.
WAEC CERTIFICATE DATE OF BIRTH IS 25TH OCTOBER 1986
MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATE OF BIRTH IS 11TH JUNE 1989
MY NPC DOCUMENT DATE OF BIRTH IS 11TH JUNE 1989

and i intend using THE WAEC certificate for italian study VISA. PLEASE whats advisable that i do on this.?
only the WAEC certificate carries a different date of birth and now admission is opened for italian schools 2018/2019. i want to start applying but i have fears that the Italian embassy may not grant me VISA due to the error in the date of birth

please advise me on what to do.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by j132c: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
get another NPC to match your date of birth or swear an affidavit then take the waec and drivers license with the correct age to Abuja immigration so they can rectify it. Talk to am officer there
linaluv:
guys please advise me on what to do on this issue.
the Date of birth on one of my WAEC certificate may/june 2010 is different from what i have on my international passport.
WAEC CERTIFICATE DATE OF BIRTH IS 25TH OCTOBER 1986
MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATE OF BIRTH IS 11TH JUNE 1989
MY NPC DOCUMENT DATE OF BIRTH IS 11TH JUNE 1989

and i intend using THE WAEC certificate for italian study VISA. PLEASE whats advisable that i do on this.?
only the WAEC certificate carries a different date of birth and now admission is opened for italian schools 2018/2019. i want to start applying but i have fears that the Italian embassy may not grant me VISA due to the error in the date of birth

please advise me on what to do.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by benpedro(m): 4:32am On Dec 29, 2017
Justice96:

My bank statement is not stable i don't receive money on a monthly basis (although the cash flow within the last 6 months is up 2 500k) and[b][/b] secondly my passport carries 3 names but my bank carries only 2[b][/b]
You can request that your bank add the missing name to the account number. Had the same problem when I was applying for a visa but my bank changed the account name in a matter of weeks. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Sandy120: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello people, I applied for France study visa and was refused on bases that justification for the purpose and condition of intended stay is unreliable, and I believed I submitted the documents to proof tht like an admission letter from my sch , a payment reciept for part payment of 3000euro, a hostel certificate issued to me by the school. I’m currently looking to appeal since my school moved the resumption date for a further 1month. Please can you guys advice me , the school also plans to submit my appeal letter and this documents along side their own letter to the address in France and I do likewise. Iv just not heard of successful appeal cases
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Aquaman84: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Dear Vic, please I seriously need your advice.. Here's my story.
Hello Vic, please I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 8 months now, she is white, 33yrs (my age mate) and a UK citizen and we met face to face in October which we met my parents/ family and took some pictures and had a good time, though she only spent a week. She invited me to the UK on a sponsorship visa, she has a very good job and has passed all criteria needed to be provided. I worry becos it's my first time leaving the country, and I want to spend at least 2months with her on a 6 months visa. Please I'm the most clueless guy here and as humble as ever i ask for your advice, what I need to provide or get to make this successful. P.s I'm currently working but may b laid off April or earlier than that, but if I were to get the visa I'd have to resign to spend 2months with her. I need you to please set a guideline for me to follow or do so I get the visa. I was told earlier to provide proof of family ties? Please explain on that, I can get my salary account statement for the last 6months, but I can get the last 2/3 months of my saving account, got about 700k there, mayb a letter from my company and employment letter? Pleaseninneed your advice.. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Aquaman84: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2018
Dear Vic, please I seriously need your advice.. Here's my story.
Hello Vic, please I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 8 months now, she is white, 33yrs (my age mate) and a UK citizen and we met face to face in October which we met my parents/ family and took some pictures and had a good time, though she only spent a week. She invited me to the UK on a sponsorship visa, she has a very good job and has passed all criteria needed to be provided. I worry becos it's my first time leaving the country, and I want to spend at least 2months with her on a 6 months visa. Please I'm the most clueless guy here and as humble as ever i ask for your advice, what I need to provide or get to make this successful. P.s I'm currently working but may b laid off April or earlier than that, but if I were to get the visa I'd have to resign to spend 2months with her. I need you to please set a guideline for me to follow or do so I get the visa. I was told earlier to provide proof of family ties? Please explain on that, I can get my salary account statement for the last 6months, but I can get the last 2/3 months of my saving account, got about 700k there, mayb a letter from my company and employment letter? Please i need your advice.. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Aquaman84: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
Thanks guys, that was the worst case scenario.
This is the complete story, I met a lady on Instagram April last year, so we struck up a friendship which lead to us chatting via phone calls and videos calls, we are age mates 33yrs old, she's a mom of two little girls which I video chat with, 3 days a week and she is still in the process of finalizing her divorce.

She visited me in Nigeria on October to see my family, she spent a week in Nigeria and traveled back to the UK.

So I decide I should see her family and stay with her for at least 3months so I know I'm not making a mistake, then we can proceed getting married.

I work with a one of the top 3 telecoms company in Nigeria and a full staff for 5years plus now, so she decided to apply for a visitors visa for me as her being my sponsor in the UK, according to her - she would apply there for me and I would be sent an appointment to go for the biometric and she would provide everything she is asked to, like her passport information, bank statement, place of work etc.

She has all she needs, but I worry that I may fall short in providing what I need to prove that I'll come back. So like I said earlier, this is my first time leaving Nigeria, I was born in Venezuela, its on my passport but I was a kid then.

So I can provide my employment letter,
Employment letter of confirmation,
Letter from my company stating they are informed about my travelling.
Now my bank statement, I earn little over 90k a month, but no savings ( I know, I'm dumb. Lol) so there is little or no money there. I sold my car last week and was paid 830k for it, so that's pretty much all I've got in my salary account. The embassy would need last six months of my statement, so I'm asking for any advice,
1) should I send the money out, and have it sent back to me piece by piece so account is busy even though its my salary account?
2) how do I prove my family ties here? Ive no idea on how to go about that?
This is the complete story, so guys please what can I do to ensure I have a good chance in getting this visa, please any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Dewumi054(f): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
[quote author=Vicjustice post=11146925][/quote]
Hey vicjustice, thanks for the headsup.. It really indeed will save millions. Am new on this platform and am really struggling to understand how to use it..

Firstly, do I need to download any Nairaland app b4 I can post anything? Have been trying for over an hour to ask people questions but I didn't find the means to type them until now.

Secondly, how do I follow conversations about applying for visa and the most likely questions I need to prepare for. I just applied to a school in the US. Although am yet to receive my i20, I just feel I need to get myself familiarised with stuffs as resumption for summer is just around the corner. I need to be able to follow up, ask questions and contribute my own quota to topics pertaining to obtaining US visa successfully.

Thirdly, you mention in your post that we should give enough time for the embassy to process ones application to avoid denial based on that ground. Please how much time would you suggest?, and what if resumption is a few weeks away, what do you?

So sorry to bother you with all these questions, its just that am confused and I need someone's who is quite familiar with such issues or has gotten his or her visa to help a sister in need. Thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
Dewumi054:

Hey vicjustice, thanks for the headsup.. It really indeed will save millions. Am new on this platform and am really struggling to understand how to use it..

Firstly, do I need to download any Nairaland app b4 I can post anything? Have been trying for over an hour to ask people questions but I didn't find the means to type them until now.

Secondly, how do I follow conversations about applying for visa and the most likely questions I need to prepare for. I just applied to a school in the US. Although am yet to receive my i20, I just feel I need to get myself familiarised with stuffs as resumption for summer is just around the corner. I need to be able to follow up, ask questions and contribute my own quota to topics pertaining to obtaining US visa successfully.

Thirdly, you mention in your post that we should give enough time for the embassy to process ones application to avoid denial based on that ground. Please how much time would you suggest?, and what if resumption is a few weeks away, what do you?

So sorry to bother you with all these questions, its just that am confused and I need someone's who is quite familiar with such issues or has gotten his or her visa to help a sister in need. Thanks.
Firstly: Although you can download the app, but i do not use it because, i prefer the website whether using PC or Android.

Secondly: The questions are on the application form.
Know that it is not every visa applicant that is called for interview, and whether an applicant is interviewed or not does not guarantee that a visa application will be approved or refused: and if you worry about the questions that may be asked in the event that you are interviewed, then focus on these:
Why have you chosen the particular course?
Why have you chosen this particular school?
Why do you want to travel abroad for your study?
Why the United States?
Who is sponsoring you?
Why is s/he sponsoring your?
What does your sponsor stand to gain from your education?
What would you do after studying?

Thirdly: I wrote that post when timing and duration was an issue, there wasn't standardised durations for the various categories of visa application then.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Dewumi054(f): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=Vicjustice post=65098208]
Ait vicjustice... Thanks a lot. Would work on those questions

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Jessylicious2: 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
Good evening house, please I need advice. I have applied twice to US embassy but denied. First was 2016 and second was 2018 using conference but I want to reapply asap, I'm thinking of using same conference or student visa. What is my chances of getting it this time? I was told to visa dubai as Ghana is the only travel history on my passport. Please I need your best advice thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by uckennety(m): 4:05am On Mar 01, 2018
Goodevening house and notable pioneers

Please i applied for Australia student visa

Please my fear is my sponsor gave me bank account printed online and notarised instead of getting the said copy from the bank

Please it's recently i found out please can anyone tell me my fate?

Am dying with BP
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jessylicious2:
Good evening house, please I need advice. I have applied twice to US embassy but denied. First was 2016 and second was 2018 using conference but I want to reapply asap, I'm thinking of using same conference or student visa. What is my chances of getting it this time? I was told to visa dubai as Ghana is the only travel history on my passport. Please I need your best advice thanks.

Just take a chilling pill and relax, I will advice you to forget about US visa from now,.. Maybe in the future when you are married with kids. For now say bye to USA visa

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by demiiii(f): 1:57am On Mar 02, 2018
Hello , I have been to the US with my family and also had a baby there, we have all renewed visa but
We applied as a family to the UK embassy only to get refused.
Firstly, at the point of submission of documents/ appointment date, my husband's passport was found to be expiring during the said period we chose to go on holiday. But unknown to us, we (myself and my kids) continued the process only to be denied even before my husband reapplied by choosing another date to submit his documents, after paying extra #30,000 to choose a closer date .
My husband who is supposed to be the sponsor of the trip was also rejected because he had earlier applied over ten years ago through an agent who just packaged some misleading information. We also used his company account has the sponsors account but it seems the UK embassy were not satisfied with that.

He also didn't disclose in his application that he had earlier applied for the UK visa because the agent said there was no need since its been 10years since he's last application.

We have been to an immigration lawyer who has been paid a sum of 80k only to do nothing and give us excuses.
My question is We want to reapply but I would like to apply with my kids alone, so we don't get rejected because of my husband's past record . What do you advice we do?

Please note that

I have also come to know most of the so called agents are dullards who takes advantage of peoples unavailability to do things themselves. We have fallen prey to this but the bitter truth of the matter is that, the embassy makes the application process less favourable to applicant than Agents. They usually prefer you go through an agent by making the process of completing the form so difficult. I have filled the form severally and got stuck because I was unable to continue filling the form due to measures / embargo's put in place by the embassy on the application.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by demiiii(f): 2:17am On Mar 02, 2018
Hello guys, I have so many questions to ask but I will take them as I remember.
MY SISTER
Delivered in the USA in 2015 and paid all bills(has her zero balance) but after the expiration of her visa in 2016, she decided not to renew, even by drop box. Now in 2018, she's currently schooling(Masters) in the UK and decided to renew her USA visa but got rejected during the interview. She informed the interviewer that she stayed in USA for three (3) months because she had a baby but she was not with her zero balance letter.
My question is - Can she reapply since She will be back it Lagos in the next 4 weeks and she wants to reapply and also take along her zero balance letter? Hope she would not be rejected again. Need advice urgently.

Thanks Nairalanders.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mpres: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello house? Pls experienced friends in the house advise me on what to do. Should I ask my sponsor to transfer the funds to my account or not
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:
Hello house? Pls experienced friends in the house advise me on what to do. Should I ask my sponsor to transfer the funds to my account or not

If its for US visa, you didn't need statement of account.. If its another country. U can't just deposit money and print the statement of account. It will show on the history of the account.. If its that run the account for good 6 months
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mpres: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
def111:

If its for US visa, you didn't need statement of account.. If its another country. U can't just deposit money and print the statement of account. It will show on the history of the account.. If its that run the account for good 6 months

Thank you for your response sir,
But I am unemployed and my husband is my sponsor. It’s for a UK visa to write an exam. Do I transfer the funds he is giving me for He trip from my husbands account to mine and account for it or leave it there and use his statement and details.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:

Thank you for your response sir,
But I am unemployed and my husband is my sponsor. It’s for a UK visa to write an exam. Do I transfer the funds he is giving me for He trip from my husbands account to mine and account for it or leave it there and use his statement and details.

Leave it there and use is statement of account, you will need copy of his passport
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mpres: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
def111:

Leave it there and use is statement of account, you will need copy of his passport
Thank you def111
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Aquaman84: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
@Vicjustice

Can a bank statement replace payslip? I haven't started receiving one at my new company but my salary account shows my new company name paying my salary to my account.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by tobey2ng(m): 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aquaman84:
@Vicjustice

Can a bank statement replace payslip? I haven't started receiving one at my new company but my salary account shows my new company name paying my salary to my account.
Yes, it's suffice and attach letter of explanation to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.