Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Advise Me About Honda E.O.D - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Me About Honda E.O.D (39219 Views)

10 Good-to-know Facts About Honda / Honda E.o.d, Toyota Camry 01 And Nissan Xterra 01 Which Is More Economical / Is This True About HONDA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by fittty(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2012
Pls guys I want to buy a honda E.O.D... Pls advise me bout its advantages and disadvantages... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by excel26(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
its a gud car..u will enjoy it if u can maintain it.....

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by fittty(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
excel26: its a gud car..u will enjoy it if u can maintain it.....

Is the maintenance cost high or low Fuel consumption, parts etc...
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by vicade(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
I use the 4 cylinder EOD and its cool but maintenance costs o bad gan. I've also had cause to change d gear for about 165k. Other parts are also expensive. The fuel economy is fine

The eod is a classic design for me with lovely interior and exterior. But d maintenance compared to other cars I've used is relatively higher.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Gluckdude(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
personally its a good and nice car, just replaced my engine after experiencing oil shortage,
it cost 155k to get a replacement aside paying for workmanship and other neccesities.
as far as i can tell, its a nice car,the maintenance is either expensive nor cheap,
it all depends on your pocket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by luvinhubby(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
Fuel consumption is very good, parts are available and cheap compared to others.
The only problem is in replacing the arms when needed. Don't buy China cloned, insist on Taiwan, Thailand or U.S parts.
Contact me if you need assistance.
www.Hondaspares.gnbo.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by dplus(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
fittty: Pls guys I want to buy a honda E.O.D... Pls advise me bout its advantages and disadvantages... Thanks

The car is very Good and sweet Car.

I brought one nija used and it very reliable and rugged

The second valuable is very high (e.g bought one at 1.2m and stil sell at 1 - 1.2m after 1 - 2 years usage)

It has some disadvantage

1. Cost of Part is relatively high compare to toyota although u dont change part frequently ur shock absborber can take 5+ years (depending on so may factors)

2. V6 Engine are known to develop fault

3. Gear Box is very expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by lawbabs: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
fittty: Pls guys I want to buy a honda E.O.D... Pls advise me bout its advantages and disadvantages... Thanks

EOD is a very cool car. However, most of the problems EOD develops on Nigerian roads include:

* Gear Problem
* Wheel and Axle troubles
*Flooded Brain Box (this is only possible if you drive on a heavily flooded road because the brain box is at the lower part of the engine).

The most important thing is the way you drive and maintain the car. Once all mainenance instructions are optimally observed, you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by jasinto123(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
Please can i know where you get the gear box,i also want to make a change for my gearbox of Eod v6 engine..how much are you charge for workmanship?pls.i will appreciate your response..thanks

Gluckdude: personally its a good and nice car, just replaced my engine after experiencing oil shortage,
it cost 155k to get a replacement aside paying for workmanship and other neccesities.
as far as i can tell, its a nice car,the maintenance is either expensive nor cheap,
it all depends on your pocket.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by luvinhubby(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
You will pay more if you let mechanics procure parts for you.
Get them yourself. Call.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by MagicBoss: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
I will like to be like you guyz when i grow up

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by nlofficial(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
jasinto123: Please can i know where you get the gear box,i also want to make a change for my gearbox of Eod v6 engine..how much are you charge for workmanship?pls.i will appreciate your response..thanks

I bought mine @ bakasi in ladipo. I bought it 130k
Do not buy the one dat is loosed from engine already.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by luvinhubby(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
jasinto123: Please can i know where you get the gear box,i also want to make a change for my gearbox of Eod v6 engine..how much are you charge for workmanship?pls.i will appreciate your response..thanks
The gear-box is N175k for V6. Budget 5-7k for workmanship.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by duke3d(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
i'll advice u 2 buy a gulf-4 its cheaper 2 maintain. E.O.D is very expensive 2 buy and maintain.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by nlofficial(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
duke3d: i'll advice u 2 buy a gulf-4 its cheaper 2 maintain. E.O.D is very expensive 2 buy and maintain.

Don't be deceived I bought mine 130k, v6
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by lacasa: 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
i use the 2005 model.

Itz very good, all it needs is scheduled maintenance aπϑ oil change.

One advice,- dnt allow different drivers 4ur ride.

This car duznt lyk different variations in driving modes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by chagga(m): 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
pls someone help me mine has high fuel consumption and i was told the catalyst has been removed and that is the cause of the the high fuel consumption. Can someone tell me how i can remedy that
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by luvinhubby(m): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Don't fret abt the gearbox.
The honda gear is very sensitive for ATF's like Abro, Dextron2 &3 etc.
Use DW1 made by Honda for Honda, especially recent ones, and save yourself the stress of changing gear box.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Tyche(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
If you have another/other car/s, buy it, if not don't, it's not good as an everyday car.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by chagga(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
Someone please help me out the catalyst 4 mY EOD was stolen and since then the fuel consumption has increased drastically. Pls how much does it cost?
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by DidiLove1: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2012

Please take my advise and DONT BUY A HONDA EOD. That car comes with a multitude of problems ranging from gear box to shock absorbers, brain box, catalysts, this sensor, that sensor etc. Am speaking from experience. The parts dont come cheap compared to Toyota. I read someone say nice interior but what about the engine? The brainbox is located close to the base of the engine so its no friend to floods. And if u commute in neighbourhood with high volume of okada riders, they will give the front and back bumpers so much scratches it will irritate you after some time. The most annoying part is that its considered a status car so mechanics will always want to charge you more on the assumption that you are wealthy enough to pay their charges.
Some people will say my case is a one-off but if u can make out time, go to Tyler garage in surulere or go to Honda market in ebute-metta and see for yourself.
My brother, abeg dont make the mistake i made, DONT BUY A HONDA EOD.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by tmontee: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
Its a very good car. What matters is the state of the engine at time of purchase as well as your maintenance culture.
Go for a V6 engine, its a much stronger version.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
Didi Love:

Please take my advise and DONT BUY A HONDA EOD. That car comes with a multitude of problems ranging from gear box to shock absorbers, brain box, catalysts, this sensor, that sensor etc. Am speaking from experience. The parts dont come cheap compared to Toyota. I read someone say nice interior but what about the engine? The brainbox is located close to the base of the engine so its no friend to floods. And if u commute in neighbourhood with high volume of okada riders, they will give the front and back bumpers so much scratches it will irritate you after some time. The most annoying part is that its considered a status car so mechanics will always want to charge you more on the assumption that you are wealthy enough to pay their charges.
Some people will say my case is a one-off but if u can make out time, go to Tyler garage in surulere or go to Honda market in ebute-metta and see for yourself.
My brother, abeg dont make the mistake i made, DONT BUY A HONDA EOD.
i will not agree with you on that,Honda cars are rugged and durable.I was driving a baby boy before getting an EOD Since early 2010 and i must tell you it nice car,yes its very expensive when it does have problem which is not often.Your wheel bearing is the first point of call, then maybe shaft and absorber but they dont go bad like that except the wheel bearing.but either they go bad early or not the prices of the parts can be heavy if you no chop belefull.but on a sincere note its a nice car with good fuel economy.i drive from warri to Kaduna with full tank on A/C that i can tell you. cheers
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Siga: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
chagga: pls someone help me mine has high fuel consumption and i was told the catalyst has been removed and that is the cause of the the high fuel consumption. Can someone tell me how i can remedy that

Na Catalytic converter...its between the engine and the exhaust pipe...u can verify urself ....just check the exhaust pipeline from engine and see if u find a bumpy module there...u can buy it and have dem mecho put it or better still buy a whole new exhaust...just make sure the converter is there...

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Siga: 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
From what most people are sayin here...there is no problem with Honda but Naija roads and mechos...dude...go with ur heart I beg....Honda products are very good....I drive one and im loving it...
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by ijebuboy18(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
From personal experience,pls run away from an EOD unless u hav deep pockets n hav a steady stream of cash. Problems I have encountered with mine include:
1. Brain box: cost me 90k abt 3yrs ago,jst stay clear of floods cos its location is underneath ur stereo,
2. Gear transmission problems: jst serviced it recently again n still having issue and
3. Parts r freaking expensive, just changed 2 hubs 4 35k.
Though it has 2 be said that the engine is super,fuel consumption is jst ok(not as economical as a toyota) and performance is great, even a novice will notice d diff btw a 4 plug honda engine n a V6 toyota.
But if u jst wanna buy a car 2 take u 2 work n back n inside town trips, pls get a toyota anything.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by onandon: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
I have had a good experience with my EOD. The major thing with cars in naija are that many mechanics dont know what they are doing and we drivers don't like getting informed about our cars.

I still remember my mechanic who is quite good telling me that one noise from my power steering in the mornings was because it was about to give up and that a new one was around 30k. Well I looked up the symptom on the web. It was due to a small gasket costing less than $1. Bought this and changed it myself; its been 1 year now and the sound has never returned.

The other thing is the state of the car when you purchase it.

My EOD has served me well no major repairs save fuel pump change which i contributed to by driving a lot with low fuel. I changed this myself too!!! I have benefited a lot from handling the car according to my manual.
The other thing i noticed is that it reacts a lot to bad fuel, but using injector cleaner when this happens kills the check engine light

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
ijebuboy18: From personal experience,pls run away from an EOD unless u hav deep pockets n hav a steady stream of cash. Problems I have encountered with mine include:
1. Brain box: cost me 90k abt 3yrs ago,jst stay clear of floods cos its location is underneath ur stereo,
2. Gear transmission problems: jst serviced it recently again n still having issue and
3. Parts r freaking expensive, just changed 2 hubs 4 35k.
Though it has 2 be said that the engine is super,fuel consumption is jst ok(not as economical as a toyota) and performance is great, even a novice will notice d diff btw a 4 plug honda engine n a V6 toyota.
But if u jst wanna buy a car 2 take u 2 work n back n inside town trips, pls get a toyota anything.

Please can you explain what you mean by the part in bold. Do u mean there isn't much difference between an I4 honda and a V6 toyota?
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
nija80:
i will not agree with you on that,Honda cars are rugged and durable.I was driving a baby boy before getting an EOD Since early 2010 and i must tell you it nice car,yes its very expensive when it does have problem which is not often.Your wheel bearing is the first point of call, then maybe shaft and absorber but they dont go bad like that except the wheel bearing.but either they go bad early or not the prices of the parts can be heavy if you no chop belefull.but on a sincere note its a nice car with good fuel economy.i drive from warri to Kaduna with full tank on A/C that i can tell you. cheers

shocked This sounds strange to me. This journey should be over 500miles abi?
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Siga: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
nija80:

Baba...u exaggerate no be small...haba Aboki....Warri to kaduna according to google map na about 798kms.... EOD can go as far as 500km...how come ur own EOD travel 798km....u get extra tank inside ur trunk?
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Realdealer(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Honda Accord Tokumbo. Click the link below to see very clean Honda Accord full option with with AC, Airbags,low Fuel consumption engine etc in Lagos for sell right now, Price is negotiable
https://www.nairaland.com/918712/honda-accord-tokumbo-cleared-lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Take A Look At The Interior Of This Car. / N679m:See World’s Most Expensive Bike With Gold,Diamonds & See-through Engine / What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.