Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. (878 Views)

What To Wear On A First Date To Make A Good Impression / Lol, How Much Airtime Can A Guy Send For His Crush To Make A Good Impression? / How To Make A Good Impression On A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by pronysha(f): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hello Guys,
It’s my 1st time here but I love it already. I really need your help, am a 27year old Zambian, am a Lawyer by profession and in live in and practice law in South Africa and that’s where I meet this wonderful 30year old Nigerian man; well I was his lawyer wink and still am.
And after a month or so we started dating and we just hit it off ever since and we love each other so much. It's been a year and 4 months now and yesterday he asked me to go with him to Nigeria and meet his family, especially his Mother. He loves his Mother so much and his siblings so much and that is just one of the things that I love the most about him.
Guys please tell me, how do I dress when I go meet them, and how must I be like cause I will want to be in the family’s good books. How is the Igdo’s culture like? Please help.
Re: How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
Welcome to Igbo Nigeria in advance.

I'll be back to make an input.
Re: How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by pronysha(f): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
afam4eva: Welcome to Igbo Nigeria in advance.

I'll be back to make an input.
Thank You smiley
Re: How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by Rocktation(f): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
I would say be yourself, but I don't know if yourself is good enough. Just do the basics; help out around the house, whichever way you can. Nigerians like industrious wives, but I'm not saying that you should kill yourself though. Be modest in your dressing. Don't go showing cleavages and all. Since he loves his mum and siblings so much, focus on them. Engage them in discussions. No unproductive arguements will be necessary (cause I know how lawyers can be sometimes). Just be relaxed and open with them and it won't be long before they love you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by uboma(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ op, how about the ethical rule of not dating ur clients as a professional? I guess u cudnt help it. Dnt worry! It happens occasional. Anyway, just be urself but dress modestly when visiting ur soon to be mother in-law. Our Igbo women in the house will guide u appropriately on ur dress and grooming. All the best to u...
Re: How Do I Make A Good Impression To My Igbo In-laws To Be. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
Better you be yourself, but this will also help you.
1. Buy his mum something when you are coming to Nigeria. A wrapper will do.
2. Dress Modestly
3. Help them in the house chores. Even if they say no. Insist on helping.
4. Always smile even if you have no input to the topic of discussion.
5. Help his mum in the kitchen as to learn how to make Nigerian dishes. She will know that her son won't die of hunger if he gets married to you.
6. Limit the kisses and touchery. Else, they will read much meaning to it.[b][/b]

this all i can think of.

All the best!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Advice Needed Urgently Before She Loss Her Fiance / Should I Forgive Her Or Quit? / 10 Relationship Words That You Cannot Translate Into English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.