Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him (22233 Views)

Plot By PDP To Capture A Shekau And Bribe Him To Confess Against Buhari / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by tlops(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
Na dem sabi!!! Jail both of them.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by JAMILO2020: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
FELLOW NIGERIANS,

ELECTING PEOPLE INTO A PRIVILAGED POSITION IS A CHOICE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE AS OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

WE NIGERIANS HAVE MADE EXTREMELY BAD CHOICES IN THE PEOPLE WE HAVE ELECTED OR ALLOWED TO BE CRIMINALLY SELECTED.

CONSTITUTION OR NOT, WE HAVE NOW GONE PAST THE TIME WE SHOULD ALL WAKE UP COLLECTIVELY AND KICK THESE CROOKS OUT.

NIGERIA IS BETTER-OFF WITH MILITARY MEN WHO WILL FORCE US TO DO AS THEY WISH, THAN ALLOWING PEOPLE THAT ARE ELECTED TO REPRESENT US, DOING WORSE THAN WE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM THE ARMED FORCES.

IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE IN SALARY BETWEEN THE POLITICIANS AND THE ARMED FORCES ? YET THESE POLITICIANS WHO AWARDED THEMSELVES HUGE SALARIES AS WELL AS BENEFITS, CONTINUED TO ROB US SO SHAMELESSLY.

I BLAME THE ‘GROUNDNUT & GARRI’ ARMED FORCES OFFICERS WHO CAN NOT EVEN FIND THE COURAGE TO DEFEND US BY STANDING UP AND KICKING THESE CROOKS OUT.

I NOW OPENLY CALL ON THE ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, BECAUSE OUR CRIMINAL POLITICIANS ARE HELP BENT ON DESTROYING NIGERIA.

EVERY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA SWORE TO “PROTECT NIGERIA AGAINST BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ENEMIES”.

IT IS NOW VERY CLEAR THAT THE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE UNREPENTANT ENEMIES OF THE STATE OF NIGERIA.
MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES SHOULD MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE NIGERIA RIGHT NOW!

SHAME ON THE ARMED FORCES IF THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by WebsiteDesigner: 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nobody knows which tale to believe, but the important thing is; above all this saga, let Nigerians not loose sight of the subsidy probe report, and the prosecution of the culprits.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
Why waste our time on this issue when everything will soon be swept under the carpet. Up Jonah! Up PDP! cryWhy waste our time on this issue when everything will soon be swept under the carpet. Up Jonah! Up PDP!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
cryWhy waste our time on this issue when everything will soon be swept under the carpet. Up Jonah! Up PDP!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by kingping(m): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
Farouk can't try dis rubbish with Dangote.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by tobiloba82: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
IF U NEED SOMEONE'S HELP, YOU GO TO MEET HIM IN HIS HOUSE OR OFFICE. OTEDOLA DIDN'T GO TO MEET FAROUK, FAROUK WENT TO MEET OTEDOLA. MUMU HAUSA MAN WEY WAN CHOP MEAT COME START TO DEY CALL COW AS BROTHER COW.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by 1121: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
Remember all the personel he mentioned that he forwarded certain document to are all abokis:
starting from IGP, EFCC chairman, SPEAKER etc. And u know how abokis can easily unite to save/cover each other from shameful act like thiis. In as much as it is glary that FL is a corrupt man, i wont b surprised if the game turns the other way
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
WebsiteDesigner: Nobody knows which tale to believe, but the important thing is; above all this saga, let Nigerians not loose sight of the subsidy probe report, and the prosecution of the culprits.

This scandal has grown so many tentacles in just under two weeks. My jaw drops open when I read people proclaiming the version they have conveniently chosen have for themselves, is the right one.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by edicolove: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This scandal has grown so many tentacles in just under two weeks. My jaw drops open when I read people proclaiming the version they have conveniently chosen have for themselves, is the right one.

What versions? Are u hallucinating or you are just downright partisan and dishonest like farouk? A case where the facts are so clear, you think u can twist because ur hero farouk has been found out to be a blackmailer and common thief.

Explain these tentacles then:

1. Farouk goes to Otedola's house
2. Farouk collects marked dollar notes
3. Farouk asks house to remove otedola's name from final report, after initially indicting him(its on video).
4. Farouk denies collecting money from Otedola
5. Farouk changes statement after 24hrs because Otedola declares everything is on tape
6. Farouk claims he gave money to house member for safe keeping but member denies it
7. Farouk can't provide the cash and claims it has been stolen
8. SSS finds 10k out of the money in Farouks house
9. Otedola has video, audio recording and call logs
10. House suspends Farouk from committee and leaves in out to dry
11. Farouk stuffs money in his cap

This is the most consistent story I have ever seen. The only inconsistency is from Farouk who keeps changing his words. And now people like you want to come here and celebrate corruption. Like someone said, how do you want other people to come out in the future and whistle blow when people like you are angry that a criminal has been caught just because you don't like certain people? Corrupt and bigoted nairalanders like you!

4 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by jaymyk(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
We do not need 2 apply logic b4 we get d message. We all know that both Otedola & Lawan r guilty parties. But FL is more guilty by goin 2 his house 2 collect d money, and tellin us that part of it was stolen. Ha Ha!! R we fools? E also demanded frm NNPC
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by edicolove: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2012
jaymyk: We do not need 2 apply logic b4 we get d message. We all know that both Otedola & Lawan r guilty parties. But FL is more guilty by goin 2 his house 2 collect d money, and tellin us that part of it was stolen. Ha Ha!! R we fools? E also demanded frm NNPC

And how exactly is Otedola guilty as "we all know"? Or it is hard for you to swallow the fact that one of your heroes is a fraud? Can u dwell on facts please?
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by jmaine: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
edicolove:

What versions? Are u hallucinating or you are just downright partisan and dishonest like farouk? A case where the facts are so clear, you think u can twist because ur hero farouk has been found out to be a blackmailer and common thief.

Explain these tentacles then:

1. Farouk goes to Otedola's house
2. Farouk collects marked dollar notes
3. Farouk asks house to remove otedola's name from final report, after intitially indicting him.
4. Farouk denies collecting money from Otedola
5. Farouk changes statement after 24hrs because Otedola declares everything is on tape
6. Farouk claims he gave money to house member for safe keeping but member debies same
7. Farouk can't provide the cash and claims it has been stolen
8. SSS finds 10k out of the money in Farouks house

9. Otedola has video, audio recording and call logs
10. House suspends Farouk from committee and leaves in out to dry
11. Farouk stuffs money in his cap

This is the most consistent story I have ever seen. The only inconsistency is from Farouk who keeps changing his words. And now people like you want to come here and celebrate corruption. Like someone said, how do you want other people to come out in the future and whistle blow when people like you are angry that a criminal has been caught just because you don't like certain people? Corrupt and bigoted nairalanders like you!

Abeg manage this cohol for this correct post . .It is very chill grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
jaymyk: We do not need 2 apply logic b4 we get d message. We all know that both Otedola & Lawan r guilty parties. But FL is more guilty by goin 2 his house 2 collect d money, and tellin us that part of it was stolen. Ha Ha!! R we fools? E also demanded frm NNPC

According to which version(s) of the story so far? grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by edicolove: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
jmaine:

Abeg manage this cohol for this correct post . .It is very chill grin

Oshey!!! Make I use am wash down the nkwobi jare. Nothing do you!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by kristofa09(m): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
in asmuch as we knw tht FL is guilty n FO is also guilty,non of d crooks wil go to jail.FL goes bak 2 natnal asmbly n FL cntinues his fraudulent busines.gbam.

Divat atentn smal jare.chek out!For men only!!!

nairaland.com/962599/must-d-guys-always-foot/2
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by nsiadi: 12:23am On Jun 19, 2012
Every day for the thief but 1 day for the house owner
Farouk Lawan isnt a smart fellow. It seems he studied Arabic/Islamic studies
Even if he didnt study a core course schooling should have brushed him a bit
The house, hastely disowning him wont help the house
Hiring 7 SANs wont help Farouk Lawan. How can they handle overwhelming evidence: the call logs, the audio, the video, the cap, the cash, the admission?
Considering the circumstance there is no way the video footage could be perfect. The little it exposed is quite enough
Y didnt Farouk Lawan inform the Police even b4 going for the money? Why did he go there @ that odd hour?
Y did he drive himself to FO place? Y did he dinewt FO even b4 going for the bribe.
He disgraced himself by hiding d $ in his cap.
Y did he attempt to conceal the extra $20,000?
If he is quizzed properly he will mention all those involved in the deal.
He is a rogue but not clever like most rogues. He should not be allowed to sneak back to the smelling House of shame
WE now understand y they have abandoned their major duties & went for oversight functions where there is milk & honey
Next port of call should be the ethics & privilege committee
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by fuke(m): 1:00am On Jun 19, 2012
Question. Why writing to Ethics committee at 3am
and in long hand with all their computers and secretaries?

Answer. B/C it was an after thought to cover up.
Hurry hurry business.

Conclusion. Farouk guilty as charged.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Delafruita(m): 7:43am On Jun 19, 2012
JAMILO2020: FELLOW NIGERIANS,

ELECTING PEOPLE INTO A PRIVILAGED POSITION IS A CHOICE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE AS OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

WE NIGERIANS HAVE MADE EXTREMELY BAD CHOICES IN THE PEOPLE WE HAVE ELECTED OR ALLOWED TO BE CRIMINALLY SELECTED.

CONSTITUTION OR NOT, WE HAVE NOW GONE PAST THE TIME WE SHOULD ALL WAKE UP COLLECTIVELY AND KICK THESE CROOKS OUT.

NIGERIA IS BETTER-OFF WITH MILITARY MEN WHO WILL FORCE US TO DO AS THEY WISH, THAN ALLOWING PEOPLE THAT ARE ELECTED TO REPRESENT US, DOING WORSE THAN WE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM THE ARMED FORCES.

IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE IN SALARY BETWEEN THE POLITICIANS AND THE ARMED FORCES ? YET THESE POLITICIANS WHO AWARDED THEMSELVES HUGE SALARIES AS WELL AS BENEFITS, CONTINUED TO ROB US SO SHAMELESSLY.

I BLAME THE ‘GROUNDNUT & GARRI’ ARMED FORCES OFFICERS WHO CAN NOT EVEN FIND THE COURAGE TO DEFEND US BY STANDING UP AND KICKING THESE CROOKS OUT.

I NOW OPENLY CALL ON THE ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, BECAUSE OUR CRIMINAL POLITICIANS ARE HELP BENT ON DESTROYING NIGERIA.

EVERY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA SWORE TO “PROTECT NIGERIA AGAINST BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ENEMIES”.

IT IS NOW VERY CLEAR THAT THE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE UNREPENTANT ENEMIES OF THE STATE OF NIGERIA.
MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES SHOULD MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE NIGERIA RIGHT NOW!

SHAME ON THE ARMED FORCES IF THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA!!
youthfulness sometimes is an excuse for ignorance borne apparently from lack of knowledge of certain events.however the only excuse for this kind of post is stu.pi.dity of the highest degree.nzeogwu claimed to be saving us from corrupt politicians and we ended up with ironsi.ojukwu claimed to be saving "his people" and gifted nigerians a civil war that left in its wake dead husbands,sons and brothers.buhari claimed to be saving us from the corruption of shagari but couldnt even save himself from the trickery of babangida.abach told us shonekan wasnt fit to rule.even showed us proof when shonekan increased fuel price from 70kobo to 5naira per litre within 1month.abacha promised to save us from nefficiency and we ended up with a never-to-be life president.the military doesnt save and those sensible enough to remember history know that
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by PHfinest(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2012
Unfortunately, nepotism has erased the smallest trace of reasoning in some people's head.
I find myself following this gist like I followed the E.tteh saga, the H.embe saga till they all died the natural death.
How I wish F.arouk will fly to UK and get judged there afterall that is the only place justice catches Nigerian looters.

My not so common sense tells me the story goes like this:

2012:
April 18: Date of House Fuel Subsidy Report (Zenon and Synopsis Indicted)
Zenon could be guilty of this (like other companies both mentioned and not mentioned in the report)
Zenon inteligently finds out what needed to be done to remove name OR Farouk gets Zenon to play ball

April 21: Date of Delivery of First Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan ($250,000)

April 23: Date of Delivery of Second Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan ($250,000)

April 24 (early morning) Date of Delivery of Third Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan’s Aide ($100,000)
Part of the agreed amount paid. Farouk is happy while Otedola carries on with his plan not to pay the full bribe.

April 24: (late morning) Date of House Plenary Discussion on Subsidy Report (Zenon and Synopsis Delisted)
Agreed action taken

April 24: Lawan writes to Chairman of the House Committee on Financial Crimes of Otedola’s persistence to offer him bribe to influencethe outcome of the investigation
Persistence? to Offer Bribe? or Statement of Bribe Offered and Received? (My sense tells me to ignore this one)

April 24: Clerk of the committee, Mr Boniface Emenalo, writes to Lawan that Otedola offered him $100,000
Did he say he received it? Offered? or offered and received?

April 24: Lawan discloses in another letter to the House leadership that the clerk of the committee, Mr Boniface Emenalo, wrote to him that Otedola offered him $100,000
Same Question: Did he say he received it? Offered? or offered and received?

April 28: Farouk Lawan grants an Interview revealing pressures on him.
Otedola refuses to pay the remaining, Farouk threatens to divulge.

May 9: The IGP, in a letter with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/ VOL 2/309, calls Lawan’s attention to an interview he granted a national newspaper on April 28,2012 and directed, “a discreet investigation into the matter.”
May 16: Letter reference CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/ FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, signed by Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from Lawan
Police Matter! Anything can happen, I no fit talk, I avoid them as much as possible!

May 31: Lawan explains in a letter to the Inspector General of Police that the matter (bribe offer) had been referred to the relevant committee of the House for legislative actions
Police Matter! Just like me and you, Farouk no like police, prefers in-house settlement with birds of the same feather/father!

June 4: IGP, in a letter to the Speaker of the House, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, states that a detailed criminal investigation had beenordered into the matter.
Yawa don gass, fowl ny.ash don open, ebelebe don gbuo, kasala don burst: Solution, Confuse the masses

It is that confusion my not so common sense has decided to ignore...but like I said it will die the natural death unless we find a way of sending Farouk, Otedola and Emenalo on a vacation to UK.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Oyedey4u(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2012
Silva79: I read this article 2wks ago...One thing i have noticed about dis saga is.....all the infos against lawan are all from THISDAY NEWSPAPER. How come d lyks of punch vanguard d nation and sun doesnt have access to this infos? How come no1 is speaking with d above newspapers except THIS DAY? I dont trust that newspaper one bit!!! Na them go c lawan put money inside cap....lwkmd

Nigerians should at this point be clear that those oil warlords that have cheated Nigeria has just found a loophole to go unpunished. just like what happened, oteDOLLAR and his OIL BARONS are winning the battle since FARCROOK collected the supposed bribe. Let's stay focussed. OIL subsidy thiefs must not go unpunished and FL / FO$ case should also be treated side by side.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Jun 19, 2012
For the bubble-brained elements out there. Lawan and Otedola are PDP members(the one was elected and installed by the PDP machine while the other is a known PDP supporter/donor), and so it is nonsensical to try to drag parties into this, pretending those who do not reason in the bubble-brained manner that you do, and approach this issue in the same rash way you have chosen to, do so because they belong to some opposition party as you have it drafted in your kettles there.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2012
For the bubble-brained elements out there. Lawan and Otedola are PDP members(the one was elected and installed by the PDP machine while the other is a known PDP supporter/donor), and so it is nonsensical to try to drag parties into this, pretending those who do not reason in the bubble-brained manner that you do, and approach this issue in the same rash way you have chosen to, do so because they belong to some opposition party as you have it drafted in your kettles there.

This match go long sha!!! (popcorn in hand)
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by amaechijay: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
So if Facrook was not willing to play ball, why did he move the motion for Zenon and Synopsis to be delisted ?

Million dollar question! This is all that is required to nail him in court.

Second question: why did he deny at first then rescind after Otedola said he has video and audio evidence?

Third question: why did he not record the encounter with Otedola?

Forth Q: if he had correspondence with the house, why has the house denied him?

And sixth Q: Where is the darn money? That the money was stolen is the most bare faced and insulting lie I have ever heard. Does he think we are all f00ls. SMH!!!

Seventh Q: Why did the House agree to delist Otedola's Zenon and Synopsis, if they were not collaborators in the $3 million bribery
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
amaechijay:
Seventh Q: Why did the House agree to delist Otedola's Zenon and Synopsis, if they were not collaborators in the $3 million bribery

Well, it could be that the reason he gave was reasonable enough. You have to understand NOT ALL OF OTEDOLA's Companies were de-listed. People need to at least know this fact.
Lawan cited the PSF list, as reason for why it would make sense to instead have the two companies de-listed, and investigated by the right agency, so they can better establish how much those companies ought to pay back to the Nigerian people. So technically, the de-listing was not to absolve the companies of blame, but to give way for further investigations.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by PHfinest(m): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, it could be that the reason he gave was reasonable enough. You have to understand NOT ALL OF OTEDOLA's Companies were de-listed. People need to at least know this fact.
Lawan cited the PSF list, as reason for why it would make sense to instead have the two companies de-listed, and investigated by the right agency, so they can better establish how much those companies ought to pay back to the Nigerian people. So technically, the de-listing was not to absolve the companies of blame, but to give way for further investigations.

NOT all the required bribe sum was paid as well......
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
PHfinest:
NOT all the required bribe sum was paid as well......

New story ooo!!! grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by nairaman66(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
What next? Lemme guess.. This matter will be swept under the carpet again.. Very soon, this carpet will tear open and everything will be laid bare... The clock is ticking!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2012
When it comes to smartness...don't fucck with d billionaires. What was lawan thinking.
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2012
Yawning...dem go arrest π kill person wey tiff viju juice 4 market. We never hear better 4 dis case since!
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by Omonpp(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
Farouk Lawan is a big liar, he is aware now that the money was marked, and because he had spent part of the money, that is why is refusing to bring out the money, because if he had the intention to report Femi Otedola you will not spend the money. Since you wanted to nail Otedola, bring out the money if you are telling the truth….Farouk you are a criminal
Re: Farouk Lawan Provides Evidence Of Otedola's Attempt To Bribe Him by jpphilips(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
PHfinest: Unfortunately, nepotism has erased the smallest trace of reasoning in some people's head.
I find myself following this gist like I followed the E.tteh saga, the H.embe saga till they all died the natural death.
How I wish F.arouk will fly to UK and get judged there afterall that is the only place justice catches Nigerian looters.

My not so common sense tells me the story goes like this:

2012:
April 18: Date of House Fuel Subsidy Report (Zenon and Synopsis Indicted)
Zenon could be guilty of this (like other companies both mentioned and not mentioned in the report)
Zenon inteligently finds out what needed to be done to remove name OR Farouk gets Zenon to play ball

April 21: Date of Delivery of First Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan ($250,000)

April 23: Date of Delivery of Second Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan ($250,000)

April 24 (early morning) Date of Delivery of Third Bribe Money to Farouk Lawan’s Aide ($100,000)
Part of the agreed amount paid. Farouk is happy while Otedola carries on with his plan not to pay the full bribe.

April 24: (late morning) Date of House Plenary Discussion on Subsidy Report (Zenon and Synopsis Delisted)
Agreed action taken

April 24: Lawan writes to Chairman of the House Committee on Financial Crimes of Otedola’s persistence to offer him bribe to influencethe outcome of the investigation
Persistence? to Offer Bribe? or Statement of Bribe Offered and Received? (My sense tells me to ignore this one)

April 24: Clerk of the committee, Mr Boniface Emenalo, writes to Lawan that Otedola offered him $100,000
Did he say he received it? Offered? or offered and received?

April 24: Lawan discloses in another letter to the House leadership that the clerk of the committee, Mr Boniface Emenalo, wrote to him that Otedola offered him $100,000
Same Question: Did he say he received it? Offered? or offered and received?

April 28: Farouk Lawan grants an Interview revealing pressures on him.
Otedola refuses to pay the remaining, Farouk threatens to divulge.

May 9: The IGP, in a letter with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/ VOL 2/309, calls Lawan’s attention to an interview he granted a national newspaper on April 28,2012 and directed, “a discreet investigation into the matter.”
May 16: Letter reference CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/ FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, signed by Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from Lawan
Police Matter! Anything can happen, I no fit talk, I avoid them as much as possible!

May 31: Lawan explains in a letter to the Inspector General of Police that the matter (bribe offer) had been referred to the relevant committee of the House for legislative actions
Police Matter! Just like me and you, Farouk no like police, prefers in-house settlement with birds of the same feather/father!

June 4: IGP, in a letter to the Speaker of the House, Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, states that a detailed criminal investigation had beenordered into the matter.
Yawa don gass, fowl ny.ash don open, ebelebe don gbuo, kasala don burst: Solution, Confuse the masses

It is that confusion my not so common sense has decided to ignore...but like I said it will die the natural death unless we find a way of sending Farouk, Otedola and Emenalo on a vacation to UK.

i thought so myself, are the lower house members covered by the immunity clause? if not, then the sting operation version is Bull.sh!t.

like we know already, otedola and Obj are friends and Jonathan can be one by proxy.

otedola bribes Farouk like every serious business man not to indict his company,
otedola pays the bribe and collects much evidence to protect himself from the devils in the house, in case farouk reneges.

few days later he calls his friend Jonathan and ask him how the evidence will be useful, Jonathan activates the cohesive security apparatchik to protect otedola and nail farouk.

this will end thus;

Jonathan will pursue farouk to the end, while in incarceration, Jonathan will leak to the media that farouk confessed that he removed a lot of companies from the list because they paid bribe, of course, his conviction will paint it as true.

Jonathan will order for a fresh investigation with a fresh committee/panel outside the house and the matter will die a natural death.

that way, ACN,CPC, SNG will be happy that one subsidy pawn has fallen while the bigger thief (otedola) walks.

i laugh at the sting operation version.

All that is required for a successful sting operation is to get the required evidence after which security agents move in to arrest everyone involved and secure evidence, that wasn't the case here.

the bribe has been paid long time ago but Jonathan needs to protect Otedola by painting him a whistle blower to escape prosecution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Before APC Falls Apart By Remi Oyeyemi / Kaduna Government Dismisses Bashir, El-Rufai Son’s Attack / General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.