Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,031 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

The New Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Nigeria (575 Views)

Change Agenda: We Are Building A New Nigeria, Says Buhari / The New Nigeria Dream / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Nigeria by greenhouse2012: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is an old Nigeria- the country where corruption, mediocrity and selfishness have been institutionalized. Wrong is right in this dispensation and so you are said to be slack if you insist on what is right(wrong in the old times). Lets have young people who refuse to think like those before them. Lets have young people who play their roles with new thinking and innovation. People who respect the dignity of the Human life. Lets have Governors whose works rather than billboards speak for them. People reasonable enough to embark on projects that will outlive their tenure in office.
The people need water to flow in homes.They need schools-real schools, they need electricity, they need health care; they need to live older than 48years.The old thinking is that we are poor, we cant afford those basic things.The new thinking, however, is "how can we go about it?". Why are our towns and cities unplanned? why are our roads untarred? are these things not important?
I am the Governor, I grew up in the village, I was without shoes when I was young. Several years after, in the same village where I grew up, my brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, nephews and nieces have remained without schools, hospitals and clean water. Why have we refused to identify with these ones. Why do we leave them to suffer. We build beautiful houses and fence them in for the fear that somone might attack us;someone we refused to provide for in this year's budget. Everyone wants a part of the cake and some will take it by force if it doesn't come to them freely.
Let us shun hypocrisy. God is light and in him there is no darkness. If we say we love God and do not love the man whom we see, we lie. There are beggars everywhere. Asking from those who can barely help. Old men and women, some who have served the nation with all their strenght. Why have we refused to be loyal to these ones.
Nigeria is not an inanimate object. Nigeria is made of people, so we cannot serve Nigeria without serving the people. We cannot love without the people.
Young man think fresh. Say no to all forms corruption. What you sow you shall reap. Corruption destroys the corrupt.
Re: The New Nigeria by VOfficialR(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
i feel your pain, but...
it's unfortunately not as easy, people (we) need more than just words, we need motivation. Nature doesn't even support this kind of movement as people who are willing to embrace change are with the burden of catering for their family, why will they resort to a positive movement in poverty while there are many negative movements that'll pay you bunch. The New Nigeria needs more than just poetry, it's need action, it needs a leader of will and might, a leader who is a leader in all ramification (monetarily, achievement-wise and otherwise). I just wish people can be dedicated to the cause, but... come to think of it, how many people are willing to sacrifice for the success of this cause

Anyway, i dunno want to discourage you, goodluck on your Crusade!!!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Boko Haram / Champion Newspapers Website Hacked / ACN Wins Edo State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.