Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

The New Nigeria Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Nigeria Dream (3809 Views)

Yar’adua’s Son, Friends Launch Nigeria Dream Team Project / Do You Believe In The Nigeria Dream? / Do You Believe In The Nigeria Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2007
"When a soup is unpalatable, and the paste of the pounded yam that goes with it is not smooth, that is the time to know a man who loves to eat pounded yam." -Nigerian proverb

"True patriotism is only detected when things are really bad! Many Nigerians, who have run away today, will soon come back when things start taking shape. The cry is for a vibrant nation, full of potentials and maximizing its potentials, a nation where its people can trample over themselves in Diaspora to come back to. While the principles set forth here are valuable to any community, it is my sincere desire that it will help my country to birth its next generation of leaders. People fully utilized in their primary interests, a people secure enough to burn the bridges of survival as they progress towards significance and national impact".
  Read more.

This burning desire for the much needed change in our country was what birthed the idea and vision of a New Nigeria.  I anticipate that many will criticize, many others will remain skeptical, while some others will not even bother themselves with this, because to them, "this is another of those trite phrases they have often heard of in the past".  However, I will not be shaken, I will still maintain my stand because I strongly believe in a New Nigeria.  I know many of you must have heard the "I believe" statement over a million times already and will therefore dismiss this one as another of those "jobless time wasters".  But perhaps, if the inventors of the great inventions we have today had also not "bothered themselves" because people didn't believe them, or because some others had "tried in the past and failed", I really don't think this world would be half as developed as it it today.

Anyway, please pardon me as I "bore" you yet again with the "cliche"; if you BELIEVE it, then you can ACHIEVE it.

I believe in a New Nigeria!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 10:37am On Nov 29, 2007
Now at this point, I know what is already going on in the minds of most of you here. Perhaps, I'm beginning to bore some of you already. But wait, don't stop here, here's the gist. . .

"Some weeks back I wrote an article on our Envisioned Nigeria. The article was read by many and elicited a lot of comments. I was impressed by the number of young Nigerians that are genuinely interested in the birth of the Nigeria of our dreams. We also all alluded to the fact that what was stopping us from greatness wasn't lack of human talent, resources or even capital. It occured to me that the solution to the challenges facing our great country today wasn't that there weren't people who knew what the issues were, there are people who know and, within their own circles of influence, are causing some ripples of change. The real problem is that though majority has an opinion that things can change, they are scattered voices.

It occured to me that the first step towards National Development, is a platform that unites the many voices. Having the same opinion doesn't count, creating a platform where we all execute these opinions does."
Read more.

After much thoughts and considerations, after weighing the pros and cons of the whole idea, the solution that was brought up in order to unite these "many voices" was to set up a club. A club where Nigerians and friends of Nigeria from all over the world will be able to thrash out pressing issues of the nation, where all will be able to proffer, discuss, and execute solutions in order to move the country forward. A club where members will be of great assistance to one another. A club where members will enjoy great benefits for being a part of the New Nigeria project. And most importantly, a club where members will be remembered in history, for being one of those who actually believed in the New Nigeria Dream, and did all that they could to make it a reality.

Meanwhile, ponder on this for a moment:

The most selfish one letter word --- "I" -- Avoid it.
The most satisfying two-letter word --- "WE" -- Use it.
The most poisonous three-letter word --- "EGO" -- Kill it.
The most used four-letter word --- "LOVE" -- Value it.
The most pleasing five-letter word --- "SMILE" -- Keep it.
The fastest spreading six-letter word --- "RUMOUR" -- Ignore it.
The hardest working seven-letter word --- "SUCCESS" -- Achieve it.
The most enviable eight-letter word --- "JEALOUSY" -- Distance it.
The most powerful nine-letter word --- "KNOWLEDGE" -- Acquire it.
The most essential ten-letter word --- "CONFIDENCE -- Have it.

Welcome to the New Nigeria Club!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2007
The New Nigeria Club

Here, I will be quoting the leader of the project verbatim, so take your time to read through and understand well before passing any comments. Thank you.

"Our Objective: To create a positive image for Nigeria and Nigerians at home and abroad while playing our part in placating the woes of poverty in Nigeria. Our overall aim is to be a voice and an arm in the building of the Nigeria of our dreams.

Our Vision: To build a critical mass of 5,000,000 Nigerians who are satisfied members of the club and who are active participants in the building of the New Nigeria.

How do we aim to achieve this?

We want to leverage on the possibility of creating win-win opportunities for a wide range and variety of people to build a critical mass of people who will be involved in Nation building. As a club we have defined our ideals as integrity, honesty, faithfulness, loyalty, fairness and equity. Our members agree to be bound by these ideals and agree to lose membership if found wanting in any of these. In order to make club membership valuable to members, we have gone out of our way, and we will continue to do so, to obtain fantastic discounts on everyday items for club members. A club is as important as the people in it’s network, we know the value of being members of golf clubs, bikers clubs, tennis clubs e.t.c. and we have chosen a membership fee significantly less than any of these while ensuring that we have deals that no other clubs can give e.t.c.

Because of our understanding of the current trend of things in Nigeria and the fast growing popularity of board based MLMs in Nigeria, we have decided to introduce a board based Reward Contest/System exclusively for our club members. We have called it a contest because this is how we see it. While contests like The Intern, Who wants to be a millionaire cost some initial spending to get into the contest and extremely few win, we have decided to make joining this contest free for the next 6 months and optional to the members of our club. We put things in place to ensure that it will be an exciting contest and be rewarding to more people than have been in MLMs. The board contest is also structured in such a way as to change the language of Nigerians… and create a desire for a better Nigeria. We have also ensured that the first 5 positions on the contest and in the club are dedicated to Orphanages, Special Children Homes, Public Hospitals, Public Schools, Destitutes, Social Menaces, Scholarships and Sponsorships. The first places we want to add value is for people that really need it, and we’ll be making sure the News Papers don’t miss our collective efforts.

We haven’t started, and we can see some of the craze we want to stir happening already. Everybody around me currently wear Nigeria Map lapel pins, people are making t-shirts, painting cars, and doing a lot of noticeable things. We intend to create a desire for quality things made in Nigeria, we intend to help our network members develop their business and compete with the Biggies, we want to have as many seminars as we have had and more but this time sharing ideas on what we have done, can do and can put heads together to do for a better Nigeria. If all the money we shipped away in the name of buying products we didn’t intend to use is channeled locally for a worthy course, I think it’s good enough, and this time, people get to have value exceeding 200% of their membership fee from the club - Already without starting, there are quite of interesting things on ground and many more in the pipeline. We just need to kick off so that some of us can have more time for the real things.

There is too much talk in Nigeria already about the prophecies of things to come… we don’t want to talk anymore, we want to start a bloodless revolution. We are securing the buy-in of our leaders, it’s not a fight against authority, it’s a quest to ask not what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country. We will fund reorientation seminars in every higher institution and every City in Nigeria, North, East , West or South South will not matter, we won’t do it ourselves, we will enlist the services of people who have been doing it at their own expense and have a passion for it. We will guarantee our members to do business where as a nation, we are perceived to be fraudulent. Saying I belong to the New Nigeria Club will mean, you have integrity! We will grow so big, our resolve as a network will change the direction of our nation.

I’m not kidding myself that all that read will jump in and become members. It took me 7 months after CF started in Nigeria before I was convinced to join, and we still turned things around despite being late. There are some, whose sun of understanding will not rise until we are 2yrs deep in this burning desire, but they will be valuable all the same. The means of registration into the club will be via the use of prepaid pins. You can contact anyone who positions to be a member of the club to be sponsored. Please read all the, FAQ, terms and conditions, about us and don’t join if you don’t believe, it’s better to be late than to regret.

In the same breath some people will use what we have diligently created, and use it as a vehicle for personal aggrandizement. They will speak the language of New Nigeria but their motives will be difficult to decipher. I have the answer of Paul for them - “But others preach about Christ for selfish and wrong reasons, wanting to make trouble for me in prison, but it doesn’t matter. The important thing is that in every way, whether for right or wrong reasons, they are preaching about Christ. So I am happy, and will continue to be happy - Phil 1;17,18″. Everybody will bear in his/her own conscience the repercussion of his/her acts.

Thanks again for your relentless support and belief. I pray that what you saw in me that makes you trust me will not be lost in me. I love you all…and I believe."
Source.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2007
The club is presently in it's prelaunch phase, which will last till December 30.  Already, members have started to benefit, as the deals with Starcomms have been finalised already. Read about it here.

If you're interested in being a member of this revolutionary club, please indicate your interest here and I'll get back at you.  N30k is the registration fee.

www [dot] newnigeriaclub [dot] net is the site to visit.  When prompted, type in "purist" as the sponsor to gain access to the home page.

Come, and Let us create a NIGERIA we BELIEVE IN, not a NIGERIA we will BE LEAVING!

Regards.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Afam(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2007
Purist:

If you're interested in being a member of this revolutionary club, please indicate your interest here and I'll get back at you. N30k is the registration fee.

Regards.

N30,000.00 for registration? Not sure you are interested in getting a sizable number of Nigerians that genuinely want Nigeria to be better.

Sounds elitist to me, hope I am very wrong.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by DrFerlie(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2007
caveat emptor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

this type of MLM is bound to CRASH!!!
30k to register?? hmnnnn. bunch of thieves.
may God punish all of you. you will gather all the money and crash the programme afterall it is not legally binding undecided
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 11:15am On Dec 01, 2007
Another type of forever living products or the Tianshe thing that reigned some years back. undecided Buy into my profile, bring more people into your profile, then you begin to rise, till you hit the fake gold mark.

Purist:

The club is presently in it's prelaunch phase, which will last till December 30.  Already, members have started to benefit, as the deals with Starcomms have been finalised already. Read about it here.

If you're interested in being a member of this revolutionary club, please indicate your interest here and I'll get back at you.  N30k is the registration fee.

www [dot] newnigeriaclub [dot] net is the site to visit.  When prompted, type in "purist" as the sponsor to gain access to the home page.

Come, and Let us create a NIGERIA we BELIEVE IN, not a NIGERIA we will BE LEAVING!

Regards.
Seizing upon the poor state of Nigeria to enrich your pockets! After the sweet talk of your three postings, your fourth post indicated paying money to be in a club that wants to reform to Nigeria angry

30k to join a club?
The monthly salary of a level 13 government officer to go down the drain in joining a dubious club! shocked shocked

What has peddling starcomms and laptops got to do with reforming Nigeria? I knew sooner than later you do reveal your true dubious identity, never knew it would be this early.

Orisirisi embarassed
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2007
As posted previously, every member of the NNC gets to benefit tremendously from the fantastic discounts on the deals being offered. Here is a comprehensive report on the available deals for now:

----------------------------
Available deals as at December 1, 2007.

We are leaving out the actual discounted prices here to avoid creating unnecessary pressures for the listed companies. We are also working hard to ensure that by the end of this year alone we have nothing less than 20 deals. We expect that members of the club also have the opportunity to present their businesses discount opportunities to other members of the club.

Silverbird Cinemas

This is one of the prime cinemas in Lagos. The current deal exists on the cinema tickets. We currently enjoy discounts on all tickets we purchase as New Nigeria Club members.

This deal will become available to our members from 1st December, 2007. To be a beneficiary, join the Club. For more details, ask club members.

Nu Metro Cinema

This is another prime cinema – come - stores with presence in Lagos and Abuja. The current deal exists on the cinema tickets. We currently enjoy discounts on all tickets we purchase as New Nigeria Club members, which includes free popcorn and drink.

This deal will become available to our members from 1st December, 2007. To be a beneficiary, join the Club. For more details, ask club members.

T.M. Lewin (Nigeria)

This is an outlet that sells quality men’s shirts, ties, cufflinks and suits and exceptional range of women’s shirts from TM Lewin Shirtmakers London. The deals available cut across a broad range and requests to benefit from this deal will be treated specially. To be a beneficiary, join the Club.

Sweet Sensation

This is a fast food restaurant with phenomenal growth leading to outlets scattered across Lagos State.  We currently enjoy a fixed discount on meals.

To be a beneficiary, join the Club. For more details contact club members.

Starcomms Nigeria

This is Nigeria’s largest private telecom operator and the deals that are available span across different goods and services they provide.

Starcomms mobile phones

Access charge

Starcomms EVDO broadband

For more details, ask club members.

Virgin Nigeria

This is the nation’s flag carrier and operates scheduled international, regional and domestic passenger services. Discounts are available on all routes.

To benefit from this deal, join the Club.

Realty Point Limited
They are estate developers and managers, they are giving us discounts on land at Prime Estate at exclusive and jaw-dropping discounts. For more details, ask club members. To benefit from this deal, join the Club.

Dell Computers

A Dell Wholesaler has approached the club to offer brand new Dell Laptops at exclusive wholesale prices to club members. For more details about this deal, ask club members. To benefit, join the club.

Ava Bookmart

They are sellers of management, leadership and motivational books. They are offerring club members free delivery of books and interesting discounts for the purchase of books. For more details about this deal, ask club members. To benefit, join the club.

What interests members?

If there is anything out there that we discover that many of our members want, we go ahead and get it at wholesale/discounted prices on behalf of our club members. As a member of this club, you should never have to buy everyday things at the normal price. To be a beneficiary of all these, Join the club.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2007
Afam:

N30,000.00 for registration? Not sure you are interested in getting a sizable number of Nigerians that genuinely want Nigeria to be better.

Actually, we've had hundreds of people signing up already just within a few days, and the number keeps increasing day by day.

Afam:

Sounds elitist to me, hope I am very wrong.

Ummm. . . yeah you're wrong.  I had the opportunity to speak one on one with the leader of this project a few days back.  He told me that after the prelaunch phase, the fee will be reviewed.  He said there will be student registration which will cost about N10,000 to enable students of various universities across the country to be a part of this.  Then later next year, the fee may be reduced to about N2,500 for the "common people" to also be a part of it.

Also, last time I learnt, two positions out of the five dedicated to orphanages, had cycled out already. smiley
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2007
Hi mrpataki,

As I said before, I already anticipated this.  I am only replying you because I don't want a wrong message to be passed to others that may be observing this thread from afar.

We are not dubious people, neither are we here to enrich our pockets (yes, there are pecuniary rewards, but that is another aspect of the project).  I will NEVER in my lifetime be a part of anything dubious in nature, and that's the truth.  I don't know if you read the third post on this thread, but if you did, you'd see that some of the things we plan to embark on need money to be actualised.  Helping the orphans, destitutes, street hawkers, public schools etc needs money, and this money will not fly out of thin air.  I am also a member who paid N30k from my own pocket, I'm not one of the organizers.  Besides, there are enough compensations already for being a member, and I hope you know that these things are not for free.

mrpataki, I understand the fact that we have had clashes quite a number of times on this forum, but it'll be greatly appreciated if you can just overlook the name of the poster this time around (pending the time we'll meet elsewhere) and be objective in your reasoning and analysis.  You don't have to carry fights over from previous threads into new ones, especially when there's absolutely no correlation between them.

Finally, I'll end this with the very words of Deolu Akinyemi himself:  "Don’t join if you don’t believe".

Regards.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2007
@Dr Ferlie,

I'm not sure if I'm right by replying you, but for the sake of clarity, let me just state that this is not an MLM (I'm tired of repeating this).

In any case, your own concerns have been addressed here already: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95803.0.html.  Feel free to check it out.

Peace.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Afam(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2007
Purist:

Actually, we've had hundreds of people signing up already just within a few days, and the number keeps increasing day by day.

Ummm. . . yeah you're wrong. I had the opportunity to speak one on one with the leader of this project a few days back. He told me that after the prelaunch phase, the fee will be reviewed. He said there will be student registration which will cost about N10,000 to enable students of various universities across the country to be a part of this. Then later next year, the fee may be reduced to about N2,500 for the "common people" to also be a part of it.

Also, last time I learnt, two positions out of the five dedicated to orphanages, had cycled out already. smiley

Ok, all the best.

The registration fee is what struck me as being high, not the benefits where are real.

I am aware of the Closed User Group some PTOs are offering and actually issued a cheque which I later canceled within days as the PTO had serious network problems.

The savings are real no doubt but the N30,000.00 registration fee is my concern.

Take care.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by oldie(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2007
Fixing Nigeria does not need a club
It should be open, free and voluntary
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2007
Tell me which nation on the earth that has undergone a major transformation, had it done under a club

This is all a ploy by a well calculated human being to decieve people into vanities of life which in the first place does not exist within the Nigerian context!

How many agberos or middle class citizens are ready to go and eat at Sweet Sensation, or ready to watch movies at Silvereagle? What is your discount rate? We all know that this outlets are meant for the well above middle class of the nation.

There are numerous falacies which indicate this club to be nothing but a mischievous sham, only the intelligent ones can actually read the anecdote!

As someone rightly noted, this is nothing but MLM! This topic should rightly be dumped in the scam prone business of this forum.

If indeed you are well registered, how come no Nigerian bank is part of this project of yours We all know taxes are evaded in the country, most especially within the private sector, so it is easy to collect peoples money and decieve them into something worthwhile.

FYI, I am not even in Nigeria, so do not think I have other motives here, other than letting the world know Nigerians are far more intelligent than a well calculated scam such as this!

God have mercy.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by oldie(m): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2007
How many agberos or middle class citizens are ready to go and eat at Sweet Sensation, or ready to watch movies at Silvereagle? What is your discount rate? We all know that this outlets are meant for the well above middle class of the nation.

Well said
When fixing Nigeria becomes a class thing, then the concept is wrong, or there is another motive.
Nigeria can never be fixed by proxy!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2007
Don't mind them. All these people are thieves. After playing Clib Freedom, DCC, Getaway, etc throughout the year all those schemes have now been exhausted with thousands of gulliblle Nigerians losing their money to these so-called motivational conmen speakers. They've smiled to the bank with the life-savings of those poor suckers, now they want to start they're own Nigerian MLM.

By the way this shit shouldnt be in politics section. It should be under 'risky business' and Purist and all his co-motivators, get ready to be visited by the EFCC. Bloody thieves. I lpersonally am going to alert the EFCC to your nefarious schemes. Nigeria Club indeed! Awon Ole!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2007
For someone who started this topic, he spends his quality time on the scam prone business section. I wonder which reasonable fellow will indulge in such.

Yet again, gullible Nigerians will drop their money into such dubious attrocities. When pennywise started in Ibadan earlier in the year at Agbowo shopping complex, I told the mugus it is all a lie, they wont listen to me. Now they know better.

Seizing upon the failure of the nation to enrich their pockets illegally.

Nonsense!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2007
@ Seun,

Please move this topic to where it rightly belongs.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by folahann(m): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2007
That is indeed the way to create a new Nigeria
thank God Nairalanders are very wise and can not be easily deceived
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2007
ziddy:

By the way this shit shouldnt be in politics section. It should be under 'risky business' and Purist and all his co-motivators, get ready to be visited by the EFCC. Bloody thieves. I lpersonally am going to alert the EFCC to your nefarious schemes. Nigeria Club indeed! Awon Ole!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Please bro Purist is born again oh  grin grin
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2007
@ Seun,
On the second thought, please move it to the jokes section. grin

folahann:

That is indeed the way to create a new Nigeria
thank God Nairalanders are very wise and can not be easily deceived
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2007
Interesting responses so far.

@oldie,

oldie:

Fixing Nigeria does not need a club
It should be open, free and voluntary

Fixing Nigeria does not need a club, but this same 'unnecessary club' has to be open, free and voluntary??

oldie:

Well said
When fixing Nigeria becomes a class thing, then the concept is wrong, or there is another motive.
Nigeria can never be fixed by proxy!

It is actually a case of those being 'able' to join, helping the unpriviledged in the society. It is not a class thing actually, and those benefits are exclusively for those who decide to join. The single act can and will indeed lead to doors of opportunities being opened for many.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2007
@mrpataki

mrpataki:

Tell me which nation on the earth that has undergone a major transformation, had it done under a club

Perhaps, if our own nation did not have thieves and inept individuals as leaders, this idea may not have come up in the first place.  No nation may have undergone a major transformation through a club, but perhaps, ours could be the first.  There's always a first time/type, you know. wink

mrpataki:

This is all a ploy by a well calculated human being to decieve people into vanities of life which in the first place does not exist within the Nigerian context!

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here.  But if you're referring to Deolu as a scammer, then you got it all wrong.  This is one man who is already an icon in this country.   He has touched countless lives positively, and is still doing so.  He is a mentor to many youths of this country, myself included. INTEGRITY is his watchword.  Adeolu Akinyemi won the “The Professional of the Year” category of the Future Nigeria Awards for 2006.  He has also appeared on TV (Rubbing Minds on Channels TV) a couple of times to discuss pressing issues of the nation.  This is a man who would rather lose all his money, than blow his good name away.  Perhaps, you may as well see the absurdity in this:  For one whose articles and good deeds have helped scammers to leave scamming, for someone who is already well-known across the country and beyond, for one who has turn zeroes to heroes, who has turned "oniranus" to "oniyanus", is he the one that will now engage in scamming??  I don't expect all these truths to change your mind anyway. . . they're just for the records. wink

mrpataki:

The discount rate for Silverbird is 50% I think (I'm not sure at the moment, maybe I'll get back at you on this).  But really, the project itself is aimed at improving the situation of the country.  Perhaps, when things start to improve, these "agberos" would then be able to afford those things you mentioned.  The benefits, as I said earlier, are only for the members of the club, regardless of the societal class you belong to.  It's a long term project actually (NNC hopes to still be around 20 years from now).

mrpataki:

There are numerous falacies which indicate this club to be nothing but a mischievous sham, only the intelligent ones can actually read the anecdote!

"Only the intelligent ones can actually read the anecdote"?  What the hell is this supposed to mean?
In any case, though I'm yet to confirm this, news reaching me is that Prof. Pat Utomi is also signing on.  Perhaps, he is a scammer too?? grin cheesy grin

mrpataki:

As someone rightly noted, this is nothing but MLM! This topic should rightly be dumped in the scam prone business of this forum.

You're wrong.  MLM is Multi-Level Marketing.  This is not what NNC is about.

mrpataki:

If indeed you are well registered, how come no Nigerian bank is part of this project of yours We all know taxes are evaded in the country, most especially within the private sector, so it is easy to collect peoples money and decieve them into something worthwhile.

Actually, arrangements are currently being made with GTB (arguably the biggest/best bank in Nigeria at the moment) on something the management wants done for all club members - Naija Branded ID cards with interswitch magnetic strips, personal identity and hologram.  Hopefully, this will become available when we're in full launch.

mrpataki:

FYI, I am not even in Nigeria, so do not think I have other motives here, other than letting the world know Nigerians are far more intelligent than a well calculated scam such as this!

God have mercy.

We know you're not in Nigeria - your profile says so.  But it's unfortunate that your motive is not doing any good at all(believe me).

mrpataki:

For someone who started this topic, he spends his quality time on the scam prone business section. I wonder which reasonable fellow will indulge in such.

So if I have most of my posts under the Crime section, that'll as well make me a criminal?  In reality, I actually spend more of my time under Religion and Politics more than any other section.  I only happen to post more under scam-prone business.  Don't let the stats deceive you.

mrpataki:

Yet again, gullible Nigerians will drop their money into such dubious attrocities. When pennywise started in Ibadan earlier in the year at Agbowo shopping complex, I told the mugus it is all a lie, they wont listen to me. Now they know better.

It's very simple.  DON'T JOIN IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE.  No one is being forced to join the club.

mrpataki:

Seizing upon the failure of the nation to enrich their pockets illegally.

Nonsense!

Au contraire mon ami, we're doing just the opposite.

Regards. smiley
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2007
@ ziddy,

Yours is indeed a funny post. I don't even know how to respond to that one. grin

Cheers bro.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2007
How can you respond when you know you've been found out. grin Now you're name-dropping Deolu Akinyemi for credibility, wasn't he one of the chief proponents of MLM on his site.

More power to your hustle though. cheesy Anyone stupid enough to get suckered by you guys deserves whatever he gets. You're all thieves.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2007
Purist:

@mrpataki

Perhaps, if our own nation did not have thieves and inept individuals as leaders, this idea may not have come up in the first place. 

@ Purist,
Perhaps, if our nation did not have to encourage thieves and inept individuals as leaders, this idea may not have come up in the first place.

Purist:

No nation may have undergone a major transformation through a club, but perhaps, ours could be the first.  There's always a first time/type, you know. wink

Stop deceiving yourself or better put: yourselves. No yeye club can refine a nation of over 150million people.

Purist:

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here.  But if you're referring to Deolu as a scammer, then you got it all wrong.  This is one man who is already an icon in this country.   He has touched countless lives positively, and is still doing so.  He is a mentor to many youths of this country, myself included. INTEGRITY is his watchword.  Adeolu Akinyemi won the “The Professional of the Year” category of the Future Nigeria Awards for 2006.  He has also appeared on TV (Rubbing Minds on Channels TV) a couple of times to discuss pressing issues of the nation.  This is a man who would rather lose all his money, than blow his good name away.  Perhaps, you may as well see the absurdity in this:  For one whose articles and good deeds have helped scammers to leave scamming, for someone who is already well-known across the country and beyond, for one who has turn zeroes to heroes, who has turned "oniranus" to "oniyanus", is he the one that will now engage in scamming??  I don't expect all these truths to change your mind anyway. . . they're just for the records. wink

Even scammers are Oniyanus and as well celebrated heroes from the zero level. So please cut off the sanctimonious preaching. cheesy I remember vividly there used to be this guy, I hope he has landed in EFCC jail now, who was always going about on various tv stations stating to people how you can make money from web designing and all other jargons like that.

Who does not know tv stations in Nigeria are hungry for money. He can as well be on NTA, it still does not remove the fact this is a scam! I don't know him, and sincerely am not interested in that either. I don't expect all these truths to change your mind anyway. . .they are basically just for the records as well. wink

Purist:

The discount rate for Silverbird is 50% I think (I'm not sure at the moment, maybe I'll get back at you on this).  But really, the project itself is aimed at improving the situation of the country.  Perhaps, when things start to improve, these "agberos" would then be able to afford those things you mentioned.  The benefits, as I said earlier, are only for the members of the club, regardless of the societal class you belong to.  It's a long term project actually (NNC hopes to still be around 20 years from now).

Your circumlocutory tactics is not helping you purist or whatever you are called. This reformation of yours is not for the common people presently as you rightly stated here:
Purist:

He said there will be student registration which will cost about N10,000 to enable students of various universities across the country to be a part of this.  Then later next year, the fee may be reduced to about N2,500 for the "common people" to also be a part of it.

This club of yours is a societal class thing. I pity those who join this club of yours. A club that seeks for reformation and yet emphasis are paid for the citizens to pay money before they join  to reform the nation. What absurdities! angry

Again on the discount rate thing, imagine I enter sweet sensation to buy a meatpie of N100, assuming the discount rate is 50%, then I get to pay N50 for a meatpie shocked

Or assuming it is a 10% discount rate you secure, you are telling me I will only pay N90 for a meatpie at sweet sensation, because I am reforming the nation grin grin

In a nation where Sweet Sensation runs on Diesel not on PHCN! Who offsets the bill for flour, Electricity consumption, Staff package if it is all going towards NNC discount rate membership!

You guys are too ambitious, and it is tending to becoming too ridiculous cheesy

Purist:

"Only the intelligent ones can actually read the anecdote"?  What the hell is this supposed to mean?
In any case, though I'm yet to confirm this, news reaching me is that Prof. Pat Utomi is also signing on.  Perhaps, he is a scammer too?? grin cheesy grin

Propaganda! You want me to insinuate about an individual? I am too far for all that. Pat Utomi may have his level of credibility, but please don't bring unsubstantiated news in order to justify your stand. You are more intelligent than this.

Purist:

You're wrong.  MLM is Multi-Level Marketing.  This is not what NNC is about.

You are on this forum in which you are not the owner of the site marketing NNC. Is that not marketing to you? Are you not seeking for members? If I am right this same topic of yours is already existing in the Scam prone business of this forum. NNC is all about MLM.
Everyone beware!

Purist:

Actually, arrangements are currently being made with GTB (arguably the biggest/best bank in Nigeria at the moment) on something the management wants done for all club members - Naija Branded ID cards with interswitch magnetic strips, personal identity and hologram.  Hopefully, this will become available when we're in full launch.

Wishful thinking.

Purist:

We know you're not in Nigeria - your profile says so.  But it's unfortunate that your motive is not doing any good at all(believe me).

Let me reiterate here: Your biased notion about me or my postings in respect to this matter or any other, does not put a stop to articulately stating more about this scam you market here on the forum.

Purist:

So if I have most of my posts under the Crime section, that'll as well make me a criminal?  In reality, I actually spend more of my time under Religion and Politics more than any other section.  I only happen to post more under scam-prone business.  Don't let the stats deceive you.

I don't even know your statistics, all I did was just a search for your name on the forum, only to discover you spent most of your time posting in the scam prone business section. It is glaring where your heart lies. I hope the best for you in it. embarassed

Purist:

It's very simple.  DON'T JOIN IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE.  No one is being forced to join the club.

I never stated I was interested in joining the sham you call a club. I am only interested in drumming the truth to you!!

Purist:

Au contraire mon ami, we're doing just the opposite.

Regards. smiley

Je comprehend francais tres bien! Fais attention comment,  tu parle francias avec moi.

Cheers cool
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ziddy

ziddy:

How can you respond when you know you've been found out. grin Now you're name-dropping Deolu Akinyemi for credibility, wasn't he one of the chief proponents of MLM on his site.

More power to your hustle though. cheesy Anyone stupid enough to get suckered by you guys deserves whatever he gets. You're all thieves.

http://deoluakinyemi.com/2007/08/31/online-businessesmlms-my-stand/

Now I hope you'll shut the hell up and stop talking about what you don't know!!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2007
@mrpataki,

Now it's obvious that you're just being deliberately mischievious, and I want to believe that intelligent members can actually read between the lines. It's amazing how you have conveniently overlooked the credible responses I gave to your concerns, while replying me with statements that have absolutely nothing to do with what I brought up.

Tell me, do you honestly believe that I am here to scam people? My posts on this politics section alone shows that I really do have the interest of the country at heart, and that has been made even more obvious by the way I usually oppose those who do nothing but criticize anything that has to with Nigeria. It is because of this tendency of Nigerians to condemn any good initiative that this country hasn't really moved forward. But I'm glad that we still have those who are really optimistic, and are ready to do anything to help reform this great nation of ours. Our target is to get just 5 million Nigerians who believe in our vision and will do almost anything to make it a reality (whether you believe it is possible or not is your own cup of tea). It's been said that it takes just 7% or less of any country's population to effect a change in that nation. 5 million is just about 3.6% of Nigeria's population, so it's not an impossible project. Having the right attitude and mentality is the first step towards a national reform, and that's one of the things we at the NNC hope to work on (don't ask me how, you'll see for yourself).

Once again, neither I nor the NNC is out there to exploit anyone. I have displayed my opposition to scamming/fraud quite a number of times on this forum, so how can I now turn around and do what I'm completely against?

I had already finished quoting and responding to your posts line by line (so don't think I have nothing to say to all what you typed there), but I had to erase it all because I wouldn't want you to succeed in your mischief, thereby completely defeating the purpose of this thread.

So on a second thought, I have decided to allow you to believe what you want. I expect you to still come around, desperately trying to paint me black or scare people away from this project. BUT mark my words. . .

Time will Tell!

Peace.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Purist(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2007
Meanwhile, here's an update on the available deals, it was sent to my box this morning.

Hello Friend,

We are practically trying our best to control the pushing out of the deals, and we haven't even started yet. Sometime soon the deals will be uncontrollable anymore, we hope you are getting yourself prepared not to be confused.

How many Middle Class Nigerians have land in Nigeria? The answer to that question is - "Not Many". Why? - Because they think they can't afford it, because they lack foresight, are looking in the wrong direction or simply procrastination has stolen their time. Do you have landed property? What is your excuse?

It was in the light of this, that some of the members of the NNC represented us, in securing for the members of the club, an exclusive Land Offer in one of the fastest developing areas in Nigeria.

Ofada, 15min from the Lagos toll gate is the proposed site for the Lagos Megacity project. With banks and reputable organizations as it's neigbhours, it's not only an opportunity for you to start planning towards a future home, it is an investment opportunity that only those who are have dates with poverty won't see. Some plots in Ofada that were 280k in February, currently go for N600k. So if you want a home and an investment, you can actually buy multiple units.

The Land Deal 1.
Prime Estate (Limited Offer - First Come First Serve)

Market Price

One time payment: N360k
12months payment plan: 30k/Month
15Months payment plan: 24k/month

Club Price

One time Payment: N300k
12 Months payment plan: N26k/month
15 Months payment plan: N21.5/month
18 Months payment Plan: N18k/month * Members only!

Discounts
One time payment: 16.7%

Savings: N36k - N60k depending on payment plan.
Please note that the payment for Survey and Legal would be paid when complete payment has been made. Survey fee is N50,000 and Legal, N20,000

Modus Operandi
All interested members should please go to their members area and click on request, chose the Land Deal 1, and select the number of plots they want and their preferred payment option.

You will recieve a mail from the deals administrator giving you details of where to pay to and the deadline for payment for this limited opportunity, and subsequent monthly payments. Members who are active on the boards will also be able to pay with their NNC cash on a regular basis.

Kind Regards

Deals Administrator
NNC

To benefit from this deal, join the club.  Remember, the site to visit is www [dot] newnigeriaclub [dot] net.  When prompted, type in "purist" as the sponsor to gain access to the home page. Send a mail to newnigeriaclub@gmail.com for registration details.

Regards.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2007
Purist:

@mrpataki,

Now it's obvious that you're just being deliberately mischievious, and I want to believe that intelligent members can actually read between the lines. It's amazing how you have conveniently overlooked the credible responses I gave to your concerns, while replying me with statements that have absolutely nothing to do with what I brought up.

I will try to belabour myself to reply your posts here. It seems you want people to believe this project of yours is a reality, rather than a mirage in which it truly stands. I have conveniently take your ''credible responses'' and given it a more insightful response, you rather prefer to retort with sermons and incoherent falacies.

Purist:

Tell me, do you honestly believe that I am here to scam people? My posts on this politics section alone shows that I really do have the interest of the country at heart, and that has been made even more obvious by the way I usually oppose those who do nothing but criticize anything that has to with Nigeria.

I believe you are nothing but a dubious personality until proven otherwise. I have maintained a consistent stand ever since I made my first post on this topic, that you are only using the failure of the nation to enrich your pockets the more. You do not have the welfare of the nation at heart. Please stop decieveing yourself! It very easy to paint a glorious picture of what you envision for the country while within you, you are not yet reformed!

Purist:

It is because of this tendency of Nigerians to condemn any good initiative that this country hasn't really moved forward. But I'm glad that we still have those who are really optimistic, and are ready to do anything to help reform this great nation of ours. Our target is to get just 5 million Nigerians who believe in our vision and will do almost anything to make it a reality (whether you believe it is possible or not is your own cup of tea). It's been said that it takes just 7% or less of any country's population to effect a change in that nation. 5 million is just about 3.6% of Nigeria's population, so it's not an impossible project. Having the right attitude and mentality is the first step towards a national reform, and that's one of the things we at the NNC hope to work on (don't ask me how, you'll see for yourself).

I have seen proposals more interesting than that of the NNC, I have had cause to meet with people you only read about in Newspapers, and see on tv, who had similar project or even far better than that of NNC. The problems enveloping Nigeria is more than the nonsense package you guys are bringing out into the open. Reforming Nigeria is more than sitting down at Silverbird galleria under a discount rate, it more than the fanciful things you project in your club for members.

You guys are dubious, and it is good that forums like this expose such stupidity that Nigerians breed!

Purist:

Once again, neither I nor the NNC is out there to exploit anyone. I have displayed my opposition to scamming/fraud quite a number of times on this forum, so how can I now turn around and do what I'm completely against?

I dont know you, and I am not interested in knowing what kind of personality you really are, or what is your credibility status. Your postings mainly reside in the Scam-prone business, which you have consistently maintained a good proportion of encouraging business thereon. As the bible clearly states: It is where your treasure is, that is where your heart lies. Meaning that where your postings mainly reside, that is what you treasure the most on this forum!

Purist:

I had already finished quoting and responding to your posts line by line (so don't think I have nothing to say to all what you typed there), but I had to erase it all because I wouldn't want you to succeed in your mischief, thereby completely defeating the purpose of this thread.

The purpose of this thread was to market NNC. But you never realised Nigerians are far more advanced to know the wheat from the tares. NNC is all about MLM!

Purist:

So on a second thought, I have decided to allow you to believe what you want. I expect you to still come around, desperately trying to paint me black or scare people away from this project. BUT mark my words. . .

Time will Tell!

Peace.

Cut off the emotional sidekicks. I am not a stranger to that. You are basically looking for straw to grasp on this matter. If indeed NNC is really credible, why not bring out a thorough analysis of what it entails, It is a societal class thing. You guys are just out there to enrich yourselves.

There are a lot of lapses which you have all failed to address. Until then. . .

Time will tell how long you will last.

Regards.

FYI, I am not attacking you, since it is in the clear you dont know much about this NNC yourself based on the fact that you always refer to a weblink made by the mastermind himself.

But you clearly made it a mistake to come attacking me for no reason. So stick with it now!
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by Afam(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Purist,

Do not waste your time on mrpataki, he is an expert in making blind arguments as he talks about things he knows nothing about in some cases.

However, I believe the registration fee is high.

@topic,

This is certainly not MLM, it is not promising anyone money or interests but discounts on products or services the club chooses to get.

This is akin to what co-operative societies do in companies, from civil service to oil companies. They get products and services at lower costs because they have a higher purchasing power.

Let us try to face facts especially when disagreeing with people lest we end up insulting others for no reasons.

I will never get involved in a club like this because it is elitist in my opinion, not because I think it is a scam because it is not.
Re: The New Nigeria Dream by mrpataki(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
Afam:

@Purist,

Do not waste your time on mrpataki, he is an expert in making blind arguments as he talks about things he knows nothing about in some cases.

However, I believe the registration fee is high.

@topic,

This is certainly not MLM, it is not promising anyone money or interests but discounts on products or services the club chooses to get.

This is akin to what co-operative societies do in companies, from civil service to oil companies. They get products and services at lower costs because they have a higher purchasing power.

Let us try to face facts especially when disagreeing with people lest we end up insulting others for no reasons.

I will never get involved in a club like this because it is elitist in my opinion, not because I think it is a scam because it is not.

Could you at least try to be sensible for just a second and make highlights to where I made blind arguments? If you are seeking for someone to start trading insults with it today, carry yourself go Oshodi oke. You jump into discussions simply for the fact you saw the name mrpataki. I will not be responsible for lecturing you on this subject.

You apparently do not know a jot on this matter. No point to harangue you on this.

Enough said!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Matthew Mbu On Tribalism, Awo And The North- A Must Read Interview / Meet Hon Patrick Obahiagbon. .get ready to laugh out loud. . / Cecilia Ibru Regains Freedom. Relocates To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.